The Hammersmith Apollo Thread

CazGirl

Hi CazGirl!

Thank you for the report about the cancellation.

I’m waiting for the pics.:naughty:

Don’t be sad about what happened. At least you will see Mika sooner or later.

In my case, SOMEDAY I hope I’ll go to one of his shows. :cheerful_h4h:

About what happened, I think Mika is working a lot.

He has performed many, many shows and now he needs to take care about his health otherwise he’ll become sick again.

He doesn’t stop walking and dancing during the shows! :sweatdrop:And I realized that watching his performance in the Youtube concerts.

I think he changed. In the first concerts he didn’t use to dance so much. Now it’s better for us but for him …. He’s working out on the stage. It’s not that easy!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the photos and the report..:thumb_yello: That's great that he apologised himself.. he's such a darling:thumb_yello: Looks like you all had fun anyway.. and i'm sure some of you are still partying right now...Not at all dissapointed that I won't get to rock the gig tomorrow :naughty: but, Hope i get to go for the gig in Feb...:wink2:

I've just got home!

SUCH a weird day - I think most of us went through every emotion possible!!!

Got there at 10am-ish and sat in the cold for a few hours... Got our numbers written on our hands so we knew our order. I got 13 and I kept saying something bad was gonna happen because it's an unlucky number etc. and everyone told me not to be stupid so.... "What did I tell you?!?!"

IMG_2129.jpg

Anyways, Me, Summer and Sivan got the cancellation news (unconfirmed at that point - from a source which will remain anonymous) about 30 mins before John told everyone which is why we raced out of the queue to the backstage entrance thing to find someone for confirmation. We couldn't find anyone but after a while we saw John walking on the phone and we knew that it was true. We saw him walking towards and said 'is it cancelled?' and he just said 'Yep' and carried on walking to tell the rest in the queue.

I was fine until we heard Mika on the phone at which point I joined Jemma in crying my eyes out hahah (Thanks Jules for the shoulder and tissue )

I really didn't want pics with the band or anything because I looked so terrible but I realised me and Cherisse had matching coats and scarves so I had one with her

IMG_2130.jpg

hahaha told you I looked terrible - not even sure why i'm posting it! Jemma, Daz and Marianne's faces in the background say it all really...

We hung around aimlessly taking photos of everyone and generally being miserable for about an hour or so before deciding to make our way to a pub.

We were pretty much the only ones in there and took up almost every space, sat down and ordered drinks. I looked around and saw Martin at the window and he knocked then came in and joined us all for a drink since he only had his hotel room to go back to. A few couple of hours later someone told the bar girl what had happened etc. and if they could play a Mika song for us please. They instantly played every video in a row for us (and then periodically throughout the night). Jemma and Caz ripped off their coats when Big Girl came on (since they were in their costumes) and we were all up dancing.

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

At the end of the song it was all a bit much and as soon as Happy Ending Started and we saw Mika's face on the TV screen Summer and I started crying...again. (thanks Rose this time for the hug) We had LOTS of photos and videos of all of this happening which I'm sure will surface very soon.

IMG_2141.jpg

I'm starting to ramble on a bit now so i'm gonna stop.

IMG_2131.jpg

Sleep deprivation and sitting in the cold made a few of us very emotional so thanks to the ones who helped us out a bit :thumb_yello:

February will be great - at least we have more gigs to look forward to now!

*sigh* well i guess you know all the facts already...

for the australians, i asked john about it and he said they're planning end of march/beginning of april, but the shows aren't confirmed yet (don't know if that means the festival shows we heard about or extra mika shows...). i then said to luke that maybe i'll see them in australia, and he said he's not sure they're going anytime soon cause after the US gigs it'll be either the new album or the australian shows, and he thought it was the new album first, but he wasn't sure and i think john knows it better. :wink2:

anyway have to leave now, my online times over

hi everyone! so im really tired but ill try write something here...

really sad about MIKA and the cancelation :(

i hope he wil be ok soon as possible! miss him loads allready...

was great hanging out with the MFCers... love u all people!!!! was amazing!!

dont know what the others wrote so ill write it anyway...

we all went to the bar... (caz and others wish u were there also).

had a great time! it was sooooo sad but same time so emotional and nice seeing everyone and singing along mika songs :) it was crazy! we have videos... hahahaha

im sure if mika saw it he would smile big time... im sure he would want us to have fun and not be deepressed about the cancelation....

love mika... loved hearing him on john speaker phone... he probably feel really bad about this... but its ok for me... most important is that he is healthy...

sorry for all the people that came all that way and didnt see him at all... hope u guys see him soon!!!

Thank you for all the reports. I love the pics too. I am SO sorry for you all...but glad that you all had each other for support and seemed to make the best of it. Love you all.....and Mika...and hope he is better really soon..but please...rest Mika rest x.

thanks for the review

i can feel mika's spirit within you guys! :thumb_yello:

Actually it was really funny. The man had a semi circle around him but as soon as Mika spoke everyone ran up to the phone so they could hear him properly :roftl: luckily I was at the front.

i found this part a bit hilarious too...he's speaking to u guys so directly but seem like he hid somewhere but looked at the crowd.........:naughty: :naughty:

Oh guys, its so nice to hear from you! Wish I spent more time with you, the pub sounded like a blast and I'm sorry my dad and I couldn't join you.

I'm starting to feel the disappointment more today. Especially since I was telling everyone "I'M SEEING MIKA!!!!" and then they'll ask "how was Mika?" and I'll be like "Err..."

Which is fine, I can still tell them the positive things about it, but they don't like Mika so they'll rub it in my face a bit. I'm still grateful that I managed to meet some of you AND the band, although I must say I felt a bit emotional waking up today and not seeing Cherisse's book on the floor. The book gave me so much agro that I actually almost wanted to cry but I ended up loving it in the end. I spent so much time working on it and now it's gone lol :roftl:

But hopefully it's with Cherisse now...so it's in good hands :)

I've just got home!

Got there at 10am-ish and sat in the cold for a few hours... Got our numbers written on our hands so we knew our order. I got 13 and I kept saying something bad was gonna happen because it's an unlucky number etc. and everyone told me not to be stupid so.... "What did I tell you?!?!"

IMG_2129.jpg

Anyways, Me, Summer and Sivan got the cancellation news (unconfirmed at that point - from a source which will remain anonymous) about 30 mins before John told everyone which is why we raced out of the queue to the backstage entrance thing to find someone for confirmation. We couldn't find anyone but after a while we saw John walking on the phone and we knew that it was true. We saw him walking towards and said 'is it cancelled?' and he just said 'Yep' and carried on walking to tell the rest in the queue.

I was fine until we heard Mika on the phone at which point I joined Jemma in crying my eyes out hahah (Thanks Jules for the shoulder and tissue )

I really didn't want pics with the band or anything because I looked so terrible but I realised me and Cherisse had matching coats and scarves so I had one with her

IMG_2130.jpg

hahaha told you I looked terrible - not even sure why i'm posting it! Jemma, Daz and Marianne's faces in the background say it all really...

We hung around aimlessly taking photos of everyone and generally being miserable for about an hour or so before deciding to make our way to a pub.

We were pretty much the only ones in there and took up almost every space, sat down and ordered drinks. I looked around and saw Martin at the window and he knocked then came in and joined us all for a drink since he only had his hotel room to go back to. A few couple of hours later someone told the bar girl what had happened etc. and if they could play a Mika song for us please. They instantly played every video in a row for us (and then periodically throughout the night). Jemma and Caz ripped off their coats when Big Girl came on (since they were in their costumes) and we were all up dancing.

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

At the end of the song it was all a bit much and as soon as Happy Ending Started and we saw Mika's face on the TV screen Summer and I started crying...again. (thanks Rose this time for the hug) We had LOTS of photos and videos of all of this happening which I'm sure will surface very soon.

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

Sleep deprivation and sitting in the cold made a few of us very emotional so thanks to the ones who helped us out a bit

Hellooooooooooo big girls :wub2:

Great photos guys- esp the group one!!!

for the australians, i asked john about it and he said they're planning end of march/beginning of april, but the shows aren't confirmed yet (don't know if that means the festival shows we heard about or extra mika shows...). i then said to luke that maybe i'll see them in australia, and he said he's not sure they're going anytime soon cause after the US gigs it'll be either the new album or the australian shows, and he thought it was the new album first, but he wasn't sure and i think john knows it better. :wink2:

Thanks for asking, Mellody- I guess we will find out eventually!!

haha, thank you, i was in the photo too, under mfc flag

if we took it a bit later, we can ask those vendors to join us, they were hilarious.

they were doing key rings and necklaces with mika's image on ! you just can't deny mika is a super star now. one of them strongly recommended the key ring to me. it was only two pounds or something but i couldn't buy it. it's bit dodgy ......

mika, do you feel any better ? take care xx

Guys... I am soooo sorry that you missed out on Mika.. at least he has rescheduled so quickly...

Oh! and Martin joined the MFCers for a drink! :biggrin2:

OOOOOH! That's sooo great!

....Thanks (did you notice the band members hiding at the back?):cool:

Wow... I didn't at first, but that is cool!

Ooooh! Thanks for asking Mellody! :thumb_yello:

That's good... but I'm sorta kinda not.. if that makes sense... I hope John is right... though it sound like he's talking about the festivals.. they're end of March/early April...

We'll just have to wait and see...

@caroline: I'm glad that you at least met the band and heard Mika on the phone. I was thinking about you yesterday and I know how excited you were but now you have something to look forward too again :biggrin2: It's soon february. Ow and wow you're smaller than Cherisse that's cute :blush-anim-cl:

I wanna see one of the million photos taken under the postponed sign. We took sooo many - surely one should be online by now? Even random people in the street took our photo then!

Want to see them too :thumb_yello:

@caroline: I'm glad that you at least met the band and heard Mika on the phone. I was thinking about you yesterday and I know how excited you were but now you have something to look forward too again :biggrin2: It's soon february. Ow and wow you're smaller than Cherisse that's cute :blush-anim-cl:

yeah tell me about it, but hearing him on the phone is probably the closest contact ive had with him. I know ive seen him in concert before but i havent actually heard him to talk so personally.

and yeah. i'm smaller than Cherisse. Even I was shocked!

Hi all

Just got back from our trip to Hammersmith, we're obviously disappointed but it didn't come as a complete shock. Sounds like he was struggling last night so we'd much rather see him in healthy in February than struggle through a show he's not up to. We feel for those who have travelled a long way for the gig, it's easier for us as we only live an hour away (make that 2 1/2 hours in rush hour) but at least MIKA and the rest of the guys can get some well earned relaxation time now. It was lovely of the band to come out and speak to us when they weren't feeling too hot themselves. That, along with getting to meet up with so many truly lovely MFC'ers made it a worthwhile trip anyway.

Roll on February :thumb_yello:

mikahammersmith07006.jpg

mikahammersmith07004.jpg

mikahammersmith07003.jpg

mikahammersmith07001.jpg

mikahammersmith07002.jpg

mikahammersmith07005.jpg

Thanks for the photos - they are great!!!!

I've just got home!

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

Sleep deprivation and sitting in the cold made a few of us very emotional so thanks to the ones who helped us out a bit :thumb_yello:

Great photos again - and now I have one of Jemma and Caz in my

album - I didnt get one in Glasgow!!!!

Lovely pictures Cazgirl!!! :biggrin2:

thanks Wendi!

QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO ATTENDED HAMMERSMITH APOLLO:

Who got the recording of Mika's apology on the phone? I saw people recording but I don't know who they were. Any ideas?