Book on Mika out this week

Niki27

A Mika biography in French has just been published. Some of you might remember that Em' told Mika about this book back in November and that he didn't know about it at the time...

Anyway, the book's out now. I haven't seen it yet but from what I've read on other forums and on the internet, it mostly contains pictures - most of them we've seen already - and the usual facts about M.

It's 96 pages and costs a bit more than 16 euro.

Here's the cover:

mika1erdecouvfinijpgbissite.jpg

Some pics (courtesy of Mikawebsite):

livre_11.jpg

livre_10.jpg

And here's the link to the editor:

http://www.editions-fandetoi.com/MIKA-25.html

Enjoy... or not :naughty:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than 16 euros on something we already know? I guess the pics would be what we're paying for.. but I can just print pics of the computer if I wanted them that badly.

Oh, this is the book he was upset that was being published, isn't it?

he was upset? not that im surprised really, it's not like they got his permission. after all, that book is out of his control and we know he doesn't like that. Poor guy.

More than 16 euros on something we already know? I guess the pics would be what we're paying for.. but I can just print pics of the computer if I wanted them that badly.

Same here !

And he didn't agree with this book to be out lol !

Oh, this is the book he was upset that was being published, isn't it?

i remember that Em asked him about that book after one of the concerts, i think last october and he said he didn't know anything about it

These unofficial biographies are so wrong at times!

either the facts are wrong, no permission , or no new stuff at all and just recycled bits. We pretty well wrote his bio on the FAQ's! for evan's sake!

i remember that Em asked him about that book after one of the concerts, i think last october and he said he didn't know anything about it

Yes, she did in doncaster, I was standing next to her when she asked, and he didnt know anything about it...

The illustrations are def not Yasmine's (unless she was having an off day and couldn't be arsed! lol) as they are just one colour she always shades them...ie. on the flowers to give definition etc. As Caz said the wrong Big Girl too....this is not a good sign!

We can all copy the drawings!!....not as good as the originals tho. I have a feeling many MIKA fans will not be buying this and will end up in the bargain bin!...fingers xd!

xxx

How can this be legal? I mean, to write something factual like a biography about someone, is there not the need to have that person's permission?

I just don't get it. If they are speaking about Mika, using his pics, and copying DaWack's artwork, can Mika not stop them from doing so?

Of maybe he figured that the extra exposure will be good for him, then he can just come out and say "by the way, I do not endorse this" or similar, and voila: everyone "knows" about him...

If you think about it, it may work quite well as free publicity for him. Not that he needs it in France, but i guess that it's never too much...

Just a little thought, really, as I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have done something about it if he could...

Or maybe he just can't, but I find that even harder to believe, if it's such a clear "copy" of things and not authorised.

Oh my !

I don't know if Mika can do anything about preventing the publication of this book, but he's certainly not the only "victim" of those. When looking through the site I noticed that not only the did it for Mika, but also for other artists ( french or not..) from the Beatles to Tokyo Hotel :boxed:

But I love it how the edition is called "fan de toi" or "fan of you" when clearly we are all looking forward to buying this book :naughty: