Article in Swedish newspaper about Mika!

sienna

I guess the English is a little funny because I went to Google translate!:blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Popstar Mika tells about the deep crisis - the middle of breakthrough

MALMÖ. Popstar Mika has been constant in the hot air then debut album two years ago.

The singer who sees themselves more as a filmmaker than the artist will now follow up the success that was to drive him to a collapse.

- My body took over. I lost my balance, but it was worth it, "he says.

If just over a month released "The boy who knew too much".

- It's nervous. Now determined my future. But I will not compete with artists who buy music from other artists. I create my own world around my music, "he told Entertainment Bladet.

Yesterday he played at free Rix FM festival in Malmö. Mika would actually have appeared at the festival in 2007 in Stockholm. But at the last moment he was forced to set. My under his big break two years ago, he was close to being burned.

- It was a little too much and my body took over. I got the flu and lost balance during the three weeks. So I have had my hell. But it was worth it, "he says.

"Can not stop"

Mika or Michael Holbrook Penniman that he actually called, turns 26 on Tuesday but have been involved in music since childhood.

When he was twelve o'clock years he got his first job at The Royal Opera House in London. Since then, his career has nailed upwards.

In 2007 he released his debut album "Life in cartoon motion" that became a thunder success around the world.

- I am still proud of it. But I know this is unusual. Many artists hate their debut album as the others have been through and done it. But I have done everything myself. I have created my own world and my music, "he says.

How do you look back on the success of years?

- It's been hectic. But really, I have not had time to stop. But that is just fine. Now I want to continue and start the second chapter of what now this is. But I have not lost control. I have declined to a lot of things. I wish that everything be done by right reason, "says Mika.

BOUNCE major role

He has notably declined a role in the musical "The greatest american SHOWMAN", which is about the circus director PT Barnum to be played by actor Hugh Jackman.

Instead, he has just completed a major promotional tour for new album.

- Oh, I am so tired. But this is fun everything. Tomorrow I go to France and mountain climbing. When you are on top of a mountain can not think of a job because then you will die!"Says Mika and laughs.

Are you nervous about the forthcoming album release?

- Yes, it is clear. But I have done it on my own terms, "he says.

Mika says that he hired hitmaker Pharell Williams that he would produce a song for him. But already at the second meeting he asked for 750 000 kroner in advance.

- I thought he was kidding, but he did not. But then I realized that I buy are not songs. I created a world around my music, "he says.

Just as the last plate has Mika himself wrote the songs on the album in London and played them in a studio in Los Angeles. The first single "We are golden" playing right now frequently on the radio.

Flirt with Hitchcock

Actually, he planned to name the entire album to the "We are golden." But at the last minute he changed the title to "The boy who knew too much", a flirt with Alfred Hitch Cocks movie with similar names.

- I do not want to be lazy and on the other album, one can not repeat itself. The second album is a maturity. But it is an energetically popalbum, "says Mika.

Born in Beirut

Name: Mika, born Michael Holbrook Penniman.

Family: Parents and four siblings.

Lives: London.

Ongoing: drop his new album "The boy who knew much Thursday, September 21.

Background: Born in Beirut of a Lebanese mother and American father. Nine years old he moved to London. Mika has been on several prestigious schools such as the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle, Westminster School and the Royal College of Music Royal College of Music. He has been proven by a Russian opera singer. His first single "Relax, takeit easy" was released in late 2006 and quickly became a hit. In February 2007 released Mika’s debut album "Life in cartoon motion".

Mika on the ...

... friends Kanye West and Lady Gaga:

- They are some of the few Americans I know. But they are also the strangest and most bizarre I know.

Edited by sienna

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- My body took over. I lost my balance, but it was worth it, "he says.

:blink:Poor Mika...

- It was a little too much and my body took over. I got the flu and lost balance during the three weeks. So I have had my hell. But it was worth it, "he says.

Did he got the flu? But.. but... relax baby!! :shocked:

- Oh, I am so tired. But this is fun everything. Tomorrow I go to France and mountain climbing. When you are on top of a mountain can not think of a job because then you will die!"Says Mika and laughs.

:boxed: is the second time I read this thing written by him ...

What Mika want to do in the mountains? :sneaky2:

Thanks for posting the interview! It's great and we can get the gist of it! I love how he says about his music being part of the world he has created! THIS is why he's not like ayone else and it's one of the reasons we love him.

I certainly felt, in 2008, that things had got too much for Mika and the pressure had got to him. I'm disappointed about the musical, but I admire Mika for concentrating on what's important to him, and doing it well, rather than putting too many irons in the fire (so to speak) and making himself ill.

I am so proud to be his fan, and I know I speak for all of us on here.

Wow, Google Translator does a good job:lmfao:

Thanks for posting this, Sienna:thumb_yello:

PS: :blink: how could he even think about working with Pharell Williams? :sneaky2:

I know! I'm glad it didn't work out in the end:naughty: