Your reviews of TBWKTM

Now that the whole album has been released in most countries, and is available to stream online in many others, I thought it would be nice to have an "album review" thread.

I know we have threads for each song, so this thread can include thoughts on the songs but also thoughts on the album as a whole, the artwork, the way it all comes together, comparisons to LICM... that sort of thing.

So... what are your thoughs? :biggrin2:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got it yet so I haven't heard everything but what I have heard is amazing!

I kinda wanna say it's better than LICM but I think I'd just be saying that because it's new and exciting and LICM is kinda old. Still great, but old.

I like that a lot of the songs on TBWKTM (I'm still not used to typing that yet :teehee: ) are more relatable that LICM, maybe just because I am a teen, but I love them.

What I also noticed is that there seems to be a lot less ambiguity in this album. Less to interperet than on LICM.

And all of the songs are so catchy that it's nearly impossible to pick a favourite.

Very well put togeher album. I can't wait to actually get it :aah:

Bought it today...never thought I would like it that much!!!

Brilliant, fresh, colourful, full of different sort of feelings...and stories...

So end of the 80's, early 90's...I'm back in my childhood...some songs are very Disney-ish, some others are more electro-pop coming back from the 80's...

& soo Mika with all the contrast lyrics /music....

Great mixture really..

I fall for By the time & I see you!

Now I have *F I N A L L Y* got my copy; and i LOVE reveiwing things, nobody get suicidal when i write a giant reveiw ok :cheerful_h4h:

My first reaction was this; sitting on my bed with the CD, listening to it 6 times over straight whilst doing this; :fangurl:

When I could think straight, i was hit by the fact that Mika has become more commercial, but in HIS way. Like LICM, every track is a masterpiece. The difference with TBWKTM is practically every track is a different genre. I remember one article reviewing TBWKTM as 'with less creepy melodies than the first album.' Thats an interesting way to put it, and while i insist that LICM was most d e f i n a t e l y not creepy, many people could interpret it that way. It's evident that Mikas songwriting skills have developed in a way that make him a lot more 'radio-friendly' and bearable (although I hate to say it :naughty:) to many more people. His signifanctly reduced use of falsetto adds to this.

I think this will ultimately give him a bigger audience and eventually fanbase. I think we'll see new members who werent into LICM, but love parts of TBWKTM.

There is an extreme of diversity between the songs; Blue Eyes is kind of flamenco, Touches You reminds me of some 80's song thats on a car ad, WAG is big-band commercial (and my least favorite of the album), I See You is the kind of song that could fit easily into a ballet, Rain is the modern electro with a consistent beat that todays teens are into, By The Time is a sweet ballad, Toy Boy is obviously old dinsey movie toy box kind of music, Good Gone Girl is rollick-along happy music, sort of like grace kelly on a less impressive scale.

When you put it like that, you can kind of see why TBWKTM leaves me speechless.

Its amazing Mika has managed to write an album where each track is so completely different from the last, its a rare talent and this album was S O worth the wait.

I love it in its entirety, and i'll stop my dravel now so I don't hog the whole page, unless of course someone wants me to continue (:aah:)

Now I have *F I N A L L Y* got my copy;

Finally... :naughty:

When I could think straight, i was hit by the fact that Mika has become more commercial, but in HIS way.

I agree about this. And you know what? It doesn't bother me one bit. :teehee:

Nothing on this album hit me like Grace Kelly did the first time. Not even One Foot Boy, or Toy Boy which are probably the best songs on this album (my opinion of course). One of the biggest differences I can think of at the moment, between LICM and TBWKTM, is that this 2nd album seems to make me move and dance more. These up-tempo songs get my feet tapping every single time. :dance_man:

Finally... :naughty:

ya, you dont have to listen to my annoying requests anymore (:naughty:)

I agree about this. And you know what? It doesn't bother me one bit. :teehee:

Nothing on this album hit me like Grace Kelly did the first time. Not even One Foot Boy, or Toy Boy which are probably the best songs on this album (my opinion of course). One of the biggest differences I can think of at the moment, between LICM and TBWKTM, is that this 2nd album seems to make me move and dance more. These up-tempo songs get my feet tapping every single time. :dance_man:

that is SO true. Theres no -OMG-SUPER-FREAKING-AMAZING, but its just.. all-round better :cheerful_h4h:

(and for the record, i F R E A K I N G L O V E One Foot Boy now :teehee:)

I first heard the entire album on The Sun's site, but my copy came yesterday.

TBWKTM is just SO amazing! The work he has put into every song is unbelievable. When you listen to the songs, you get the main melody, but there are other melodies going on underneath it which go with the main melody in fascinating ways. This is notably on Touches You and One Foot Boy, but it's also on most of the songs to some extent. It's like a kaiedescope of sound which doesn't stop until the song ends!

The songs which are just straightforward melodies, notably, 'By the Time' Doctor John and Pick Up Off the Floor, are all beautiful melodies, which are sad, but wonderful as well. As for I See You, it's just about the most beautiful song I've ever heard!

The songs tell the story of this troubled, lonely and obsessive boy, and the artwork is perfect, because it helps the story become visual. I love the letters from the "ex lovers" and the newspaper clipping about Doctor John. I love the little mubbin characters too. I could see a whole comic with these characters emerging from Mikaworld.

The overriding thought I experience from this album is, how can ANYONE not see that Mika is unique? Of course he's been influenced by other artists, but so has every other artist out there, yet Mika has taken these influences and used them as a starting point, and, as this album proves, he is honing his skills and putting so much of himself into his songs. His skills have evolved, and he has produced a masterpiece which is even better than LICM!

We all saw the vlogs of the making of this album. we saw all the layers and the work he put into all of the songs. we all know he was nervous of getting back into the writing and recording, and he worried about how his new album would turn out. But Mika needn't have worried! I am so proud of what he's achieved and I know I speak for everyone else here when I say...

WELL DONE MIKA. YOUR ALBUM IS SENSATIONAL!!!!!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I first heard the entire album on The Sun's site, but my copy came yesterday.

TBWKTM is just SO amazing! The work he has put into every song is unbelievable. When you listen to the songs, you get the main melody, but there are other melodies going on underneath it which go with the main melody in fascinating ways. This is notably on Touches You and One Foot Boy, but it's also on most of the songs to some extent. It's like a kaiedescope of sound which doesn't stop until the song ends!

The songs which are just straightforward melodies, notably, 'By the Time' Doctor John and Pick Up Off the Floor, are all beautiful melodies, which are sad, but wonderful as well. As for I See You, it's just about the most beautiful song I've ever heard!

The songs tell the story of this troubled, lonely and obsessive boy, and the artwork is perfect, because it helps the story become visual. I love the letters from the "ex lovers" and the newspaper clipping about Doctor John. I love the little mubbin characters too. I could see a whole comic with these characters emerging from Mikaworld.

The overriding thought I experience from this album is, how can ANYONE not see that Mika is unique? Of course he's been influenced by other artists, but so has every other artist out there, yet Mika has taken these influences and used them as a starting point, and, as this album proves, he is honing his skills and putting so much of himself into his songs. His skills have evolved, and he has produced a masterpiece which is even better than LICM!

We all saw the vlogs of the making of this album. we saw all the layers and the work he put into all of the songs. we all know he was nervous of getting back into the writing and recording, and he worried about how his new album would turn out. But Mika needn't have worried! I am so proud of what he's achieved and I know I speak for everyone else here when I say...

WELL DONE MIKA. YOUR ALBUM IS SENSATIONAL!!!!!

I agree totally!

I think TBWKTM is much more "mature" than LICM. Mika has found so many new ways to sing and arrange the songs. He sings different songs in so many different ways. Songs such as We Are Golden, Blame It On The Girls, Dr.John, Touches You and One Foot Boy make me dance anytime. I See You and By the Time are just beautiful. And I love the way Mika sings Pick Up Off The Floor. There are sounds that you might not notice until you hear the songs several times, like details in a good movie. I think that is one of the reasons you cannot stop listening to the songs. Every song in TBWKTM is so unique. And still the album as a whole does not lack unity at all.

Maybe because I am a teen,he lyrics of many of the songs are what I often feel.The first time I heard We Are Golden, I thought Mika had written a song about me! The lyrics make me feel that though there are hard times, I can do what I want in the future.

The artwork of the album is also amazing. Is it painted in watercolor this time?

I love Mika's room!

I really admire Mika for never stopping to work hard to make new and more beautiful songs. I think that TBWKTM will be a even greater success than LICM.

Mika, thank you for the fantastic album!! YOU ARE GOLDEN!!

I must admit, I was kind of half expecting to be unimpressed with this album, but it completely surpassed all my expectations. TBWKTM seems to have a more sophisticated feel to it than LiCM, especially on tracks like the quietly melancholic 'By the Time' and the jazz-tinged 'Pick Up Off The Floor'. There are a range of different genres present on this album (just compare 'Rain' with 'Blue Eyes' and 'Toy Boy', for instance), but all tracks retain that certain 'Mika-ness' to them that we know and love. My only real criticism is that the chorus of 'Touches You' sounds very, very similar to the chorus of George Michael's 'Father Figure', both lyrically and musically, which I find decreases my enjoyment of the song slightly. (Not that I have anything against George Michael, though; I actually quite like his music.)

Overall, I think this is quite a fantastic album - 8.5/10 from me!

Here's my long and rambly review.

I love this album. It's different than LICM, but still delicious. Kind of like how chocolate cake is good, and cheesecake is good, just good in a different way. :wub2:

We Are Golden

This is one of my favourite tracks. I knew I would love it from the moment I first heard the choir snippet from Mika’s video blog, and the full recording is better than I ever imagined.

The “We are not what you think we are, we are golden!” bit is anthemic. I can’t wait to be in a crowd of people all chanting that mantra. A genius choice for a first single.

Blame it on the Girls

The CD winds from the pop anthem that is WAG into a random spoken intro with Mika whipping out a deliciously fake American accent. Now admittedly, this is probably my least favourite track on the album. I loved it live when I first heard it at the Roxy back in April, and I still love it live. I find, though, that the studio version borders on overproduced. The funny thing is, though, it’s still a thousand times better than nearly anything else on radio these days. I also think it’s Mika’s best shot at an American radio-friendly single.

Rain

I LOVE THIS SONG. When I first played it, I sat through it once in total shock. I then replayed it a second time and had a private solo dance party in my bedroom. It makes me want to grab 50 MFCers, wear pretty coral-coloured cocktail dresses, and throw a dance party. In Ibiza.

It’s got a very BWO vibe to it. Mika said once that Sunshine in the Rain was one of his favourite tracks, and I can hear that influence in “Rain”.

I think it’s the best song Mika has ever recorded. Top three, at the very least.

Dr. John

Another song that sounds like a live anthem. The addictive melody is just begging for arms waving in the air. It’s funny, Mika waxes about how this song is inspired by a triangular-shaped, voodoo-obsessed man who serves as a confidante. And yet, there’s nothing in the lyrics that alludes to that. But, no matter; still a fantastic, rollicking sing-along track.

When I hear this song, I envision a bunch of guys drunk out of their trees in some traditional English pub, singing along, glasses raised. Spilling ale all over, mind you, but enjoying themselves nonetheless!

I See You

Andrew started playing this song, and he was like “Mana, we’ve heard this before! We must have a live version!” And I was like “holy crap – it’s ‘I’m Falling’!”

I love what Mika’s done with this. I think it’s pure genius. And the layering of vocals at the end… “I’m standing across from you…” while the backing vocals repeat “I See You” is exquisite.

I can’t wait to hear this live. Can’t wait! It was amazing on that Channel Four special, and I suspect that live, we’ll all be spellbound.

Blue Eyes

This is still one of my favourites. When he first played it in LA I got a sort of Spanish guitar sort of vibe from it; and on the CD, I get the same feeling. It makes me want to get another 50 MFCers together for a beach party where we dance around in the sand, fifteen feet from the water’s edge.

I love how bass-y it is. On my car stereo, it makes the back windows rattle. That’s a good thing!

Good Gone Girl

Another of my favourites. Another one I adored when I first heard it live; and, now that I can understand the lyrics, I love it even more! :roftl:

My only problem is the way the “she’s walking around…” bit is overlapped with the “ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh” bit toward the end. I much prefer the live version, where those two vocal components are each given their own space. Bonus points for the times when he’s cut the instruments and done the last round nearly acapella. The recorded version messes with my brain. It took quite a few listens before I got used to the arrangement of the studio version.

The music is great though. The melody is insanely GOOD. It’s high quality music. Not just pop music, but music. Full stop.

Touches You

Normally I never get the whole “oh, this Mika song sounds like Song X” comparisons. But the first time I heard Touches You I thought it sounded strikingly like George Michael’s Father Figure. Which isn’t a bad thing; that song is classic. I just worry that if this song ever hits radio, the comparisons will overshadow this song’s brilliance.

And for the record, I interpret the lyrics as being chock full of innuendo. It’s a freakin’ sexy, sexy song. Can’t wait to see Mika dancing on stage to this one; think we might be in for a little bum wiggle, and maybe some Sweet Dreams style shaking of hips.

By the Time

Mika and Imogen Heap together are a creative force to be reckoned with. This song sounds like a lost bonus track from the 2004 Zach Braff movie Garden State (which, fittingly included Frou Frou on the soundtrack).

This brings out a softer side of Mika’s voice, a section of his register that doesn’t get the spotlight nearly often enough.

The harmony of their voices is spine-tingling. Mika’s right, normally his voice doesn’t blend well with other singers, and I’d say that is especially true with female singers (Samantha from the July ’08 festival dates comes to mind).

The tender rawness of this song is like a bedroom portrait with a warm, hazy blur filter applied to soften the edges. The “don’t wake up, won’t wake up, can’t wake up, no, don’t wake me up” line weaves throughout the song, adding cohesion to every other element. This is a genuinely good song, from a craft perspective.

I would love for this to be a single, if only to see the tenderness of an associated video. This song is in a completely different field than others on the album; releasing this after the likes of We Are Golden and Blame it on the Girls would keep both his supporters and detractors on their toes.

One Foot Boy

This is my number one favourite on the album. The first time I heard the iTunes snippet I stared at my screen, mouth agape, in awe at what I was hearing. I think my play count on the snippet was nearly 100. And the snippet doesn’t do the full version justice.

Sure the lyrics are weird. But the chorus is utterly brilliant. It’s another track that takes advantage of layering two or more distinct lyrical components on top of one another (seemingly the signature production move on this album), but in this case it takes the whole production to a whole new level. The soaring falsetto is bang on, while the “one foot boy, one foot bo-o-oy!” line provides a frame in which the falsetto is softened, but also presented on a golden platter to really, truly shine.

This is quite likely my favorite Mika song of all.

Pick Up Off The Floor

What on earth is this? Mika paving the way in a new falsetto-jazz corner of music? :aah:

This isn’t a pop song. It makes me feel like I should be in some smoky jazz club, tapping long acrylic nails on a ceramic table top while wearing a long red sheath dress.

That being said, I love this track. And at 2:03 when it really kicks into gear, it really showcases what a ridiculously multi-talented artist Mika is. I think this song has the potential to be absolutely massive in a live setting. If he gets into a situation where he’s got some good backing instrumentalists (or a good backing track) and really goes all out vocally, every music critic in the house will have his glasses knocked off his face.

Fluffy, insincere pop? I think not.

Loverboy

Just when Mika’s taken us into a dark jazz club with Pick Up Off The Floor he then leads us through a tunnel back to the sixties, with this Beatles-esque melody-laden album ender. The drum arrangement is a thousand times better than I ever would have envisioned. The horn component is bang-on; in one of the video blogs, Mika’s telling the horn players to “ham it up” – and ham it up, they did.

In summary? I love it. :swoon:

Here's my long and rambly review.

I love this album. It's different than LICM, but still delicious. Kind of like how chocolate cake is good, and cheesecake is good, just good in a different way. :wub2:

We Are Golden

This is one of my favourite tracks. I knew I would love it from the moment I first heard the choir snippet from Mika’s video blog, and the full recording is better than I ever imagined.

The “We are not what you think we are, we are golden!” bit is anthemic. I can’t wait to be in a crowd of people all chanting that mantra. A genius choice for a first single.

Blame it on the Girls

The CD winds from the pop anthem that is WAG into a random spoken intro with Mika whipping out a deliciously fake American accent. Now admittedly, this is probably my least favourite track on the album. I loved it live when I first heard it at the Roxy back in April, and I still love it live. I find, though, that the studio version borders on overproduced. The funny thing is, though, it’s still a thousand times better than nearly anything else on radio these days. I also think it’s Mika’s best shot at an American radio-friendly single.

Rain

I LOVE THIS SONG. When I first played it, I sat through it once in total shock. I then replayed it a second time and had a private solo dance party in my bedroom. It makes me want to grab 50 MFCers, wear pretty coral-coloured cocktail dresses, and throw a dance party. In Ibiza.

It’s got a very BWO vibe to it. Mika said once that Sunshine in the Rain was one of his favourite tracks, and I can hear that influence in “Rain”.

I think it’s the best song Mika has ever recorded. Top three, at the very least.

Dr. John

Another song that sounds like a live anthem. The addictive melody is just begging for arms waving in the air. It’s funny, Mika waxes about how this song is inspired by a triangular-shaped, voodoo-obsessed man who serves as a confidante. And yet, there’s nothing in the lyrics that alludes to that. But, no matter; still a fantastic, rollicking sing-along track.

When I hear this song, I envision a bunch of guys drunk out of their trees in some traditional English pub, singing along, glasses raised. Spilling ale all over, mind you, but enjoying themselves nonetheless!

I See You

Andrew started playing this song, and he was like “Mana, we’ve heard this before! We must have a live version!” And I was like “holy crap – it’s ‘I’m Falling’!”

I love what Mika’s done with this. I think it’s pure genius. And the layering of vocals at the end… “I’m standing across from you…” while the backing vocals repeat “I See You” is exquisite.

I can’t wait to hear this live. Can’t wait! It was amazing on that Channel Four special, and I suspect that live, we’ll all be spellbound.

Blue Eyes

This is still one of my favourites. When he first played it in LA I got a sort of Spanish guitar sort of vibe from it; and on the CD, I get the same feeling. It makes me want to get another 50 MFCers together for a beach party where we dance around in the sand, fifteen feet from the water’s edge.

I love how bass-y it is. On my car stereo, it makes the back windows rattle. That’s a good thing!

Good Gone Girl

Another of my favourites. Another one I adored when I first heard it live; and, now that I can understand the lyrics, I love it even more! :roftl:

My only problem is the way the “she’s walking around…” bit is overlapped with the “ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh” bit toward the end. I much prefer the live version, where those two vocal components are each given their own space. Bonus points for the times when he’s cut the instruments and done the last round nearly acapella. The recorded version messes with my brain. It took quite a few listens before I got used to the arrangement of the studio version.

The music is great though. The melody is insanely GOOD. It’s high quality music. Not just pop music, but music. Full stop.

Touches You

Normally I never get the whole “oh, this Mika song sounds like Song X” comparisons. But the first time I heard Touches You I thought it sounded strikingly like George Michael’s Father Figure. Which isn’t a bad thing; that song is classic. I just worry that if this song ever hits radio, the comparisons will overshadow this song’s brilliance.

And for the record, I interpret the lyrics as being chock full of innuendo. It’s a freakin’ sexy, sexy song. Can’t wait to see Mika dancing on stage to this one; think we might be in for a little bum wiggle, and maybe some Sweet Dreams style shaking of hips.

By the Time

Mika and Imogen Heap together are a creative force to be reckoned with. This song sounds like a lost bonus track from the 2004 Zach Braff movie Garden State (which, fittingly included Frou Frou on the soundtrack).

This brings out a softer side of Mika’s voice, a section of his register that doesn’t get the spotlight nearly often enough.

The harmony of their voices is spine-tingling. Mika’s right, normally his voice doesn’t blend well with other singers, and I’d say that is especially true with female singers (Samantha from the July ’08 festival dates comes to mind).

The tender rawness of this song is like a bedroom portrait with a warm, hazy blur filter applied to soften the edges. The “don’t wake up, won’t wake up, can’t wake up, no, don’t wake me up” line weaves throughout the song, adding cohesion to every other element. This is a genuinely good song, from a craft perspective.

I would love for this to be a single, if only to see the tenderness of an associated video. This song is in a completely different field than others on the album; releasing this after the likes of We Are Golden and Blame it on the Girls would keep both his supporters and detractors on their toes.

One Foot Boy

This is my number one favourite on the album. The first time I heard the iTunes snippet I stared at my screen, mouth agape, in awe at what I was hearing. I think my play count on the snippet was nearly 100. And the snippet doesn’t do the full version justice.

Sure the lyrics are weird. But the chorus is utterly brilliant. It’s another track that takes advantage of layering two or more distinct lyrical components on top of one another (seemingly the signature production move on this album), but in this case it takes the whole production to a whole new level. The soaring falsetto is bang on, while the “one foot boy, one foot bo-o-oy!” line provides a frame in which the falsetto is softened, but also presented on a golden platter to really, truly shine.

This is quite likely my favorite Mika song of all.

Pick Up Off The Floor

What on earth is this? Mika paving the way in a new falsetto-jazz corner of music? :aah:

This isn’t a pop song. It makes me feel like I should be in some smoky jazz club, tapping long acrylic nails on a ceramic table top while wearing a long red sheath dress.

That being said, I love this track. And at 2:03 when it really kicks into gear, it really showcases what a ridiculously multi-talented artist Mika is. I think this song has the potential to be absolutely massive in a live setting. If he gets into a situation where he’s got some good backing instrumentalists (or a good backing track) and really goes all out vocally, every music critic in the house will have his glasses knocked off his face.

Fluffy, insincere pop? I think not.

Loverboy

Just when Mika’s taken us into a dark jazz club with Pick Up Off The Floor he then leads us through a tunnel back to the sixties, with this Beatles-esque melody-laden album ender. The drum arrangement is a thousand times better than I ever would have envisioned. The horn component is bang-on; in one of the video blogs, Mika’s telling the horn players to “ham it up” – and ham it up, they did.

In summary? I love it. :swoon:

O-M-G... I love your review :shocked:

It makes me want to grab 50 MFCers, wear pretty coral-coloured cocktail dresses, and throw a dance party. In Ibiza.

Can you maybe make it 51? :wink2:

think we might be in for a little bum wiggle, and maybe some Sweet Dreams style shaking of hips.

I definitely hope so :drool::swoon:

i haven't stoped listening to it yet...

my CD was one of three left, so i felt like screaming and doing the most weirdest free style dance i could muster... but then there were loads of oldies around who would have thought i was on something :lmfao:

back to reviewing... its like a really mad explosion of different sounds, a music factory the went mad, the morning after a blinding bender on the tiles, a fountain of emotion mixed together, a really crazy dream that leaves you think "wooooooooah dude that's mad!"

bottom line, I LOVE IT!!! x

Okay then.

I must say I LOVE this album. I think it's way better than LICM, and I hope it will sell just as much copies or more of course.

IMO Mika really has evolved as an artist, regarding both lyrics and music. It feels as if the music is less simple, and the lyrics are more complicated and less repetitive.

Like someone else said, for me this album is also more relatable, because I'm a teen. That feels really good.

My personal favourites are: One Foot Boy, Pick Up Off The Floor and Touches You.

We Are Golden: I didn't really like this song at first, but now it's all overplayed I LOVE it.:aah:It's definitely good as a teenage anthem, well, for me it is. I love the mix of adult vocals with kids vocals, it's a great effect, and really powerful.

Blame It On The Girls: First I liked it, then I thought it was too computerized, but now I love it too. I think the beginning is funny:naughty:, and the rest is just really good and upbeat and dancy. I love the piano in it.

Rain: I've loved this song from the beginning, from when I got the mp3 file of Paris, and when I heard it in Amsterdam in 2008. I sorta had the feeling it would become an upbeat song though, because he said ''this is the acoustic version'', and I dunno, I just had the feeling he would turn it into a Relax-esque song, I've always said that to my mom, and now it became reality, HAH! Well, then we heard the snippets, and I was SO looking forward to it. Then I heard the album version, and to my big surprise I must say I LOVE it, but it's not my favourite.:blink:I do love the 80s dancey feeling though. But if I had to choose between Rain and Relax, I'd certainly go for Relax.

Dr. John: I like this. It's sorta half bitter/half happy. I also like the illustrations for this a lot. And I agree with Mana, it really has a ''handwaving feel'' to it, and it will be a great sing along live!

I also love the little bit of horns in it.

I See You: Until a few weeks ago, I could really relate to this song. It's brilliant, and I think many people have experienced this. Just staring at someone and fantasizing, without telling them really. The music is just really soft and smooth, and everything really fits together. I also like the little instrumental bridge, and how he incorporated I'm Falling. When Mika talked about the subject of I See You, I couldn't help but thinking about I'm Falling. It really fits together perfectly.

Blue Eyes: Yeah..Blue Eyes..one of the EP songs..what can I say? I liked it when I first heard it, and I still do, but it got kinda old now. I still love it at times, but..yeah..you know!

Good Gone Girl: Yeah! I loved hearing this for the first time from the Roxy gig mp3, and I also enjoyed it a lot live. I was really looking forward to this one, but like Mana says, it's kinda weird, the end, the ''she's walking around..'' bit and the ''Oooooh good gone girl'' bit overlapping each other. I prefered that in the live version. And is it an accordeon in the second verse? It really sounds like one.:aah:

Touches You: When I first heard the snippets, I didn't really like it. I thought it was weird, in a bad way. But now I must say it's one of my faves of the album. I really really like it. It's a great upbeat song. And it's more stalkerish than I See You:aah:

I love the bridge with the falsetto. This song has his low voice, and some falsetto. That's how I like my Mikasongs.

And of course, the George Michael comparison. It's not a bad thing, but like Mana says, it shouldn't overshadow the brilliance of the song.

By The Time: Yeah. I don't know what it is, but this song makes me kinda sleepy. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I think this is one of my least favourite songs on this album. You really need to be in the mood to listen to it. It's really beautiful though, Mika's voice with Imogen's..

One Foot Boy: HELL YEAH! Another one of my favourites. This song has it all: A good beat, nice lyrics, good vocals, and it's simple.

And that's all a good song needs IMO. It's kind of a freaky song, but I like that! I really love how the 2 melodies of the music, and also the 2 vocalthings are overlapping each other. It just fits.

Pick Up Off The Floor: Another fav. I just love the whole jazzy feeling of this song. I had never expected Mika to do a song like this, but he's really able to pull it off! That's what a good artist is like to me: One that can pull off more than one genre.

I love the half bitter/half hopeful feeling this song has, and the bit where the violins and cello's and crap kick in. And the bit where he goes: ''Pick your love LOVE LOOOOOOVE..oOOOOOO..''

This song just gives me ''that certain feeling in the back of my spine''.

Lover Boy: Queen.

Yes, it's REALLY REALLY REALLY inspired by Queen, and I love it. I love the horns, the melody, and his voice. I didn't expect him to ever use it for an album. Same goes for I'm Falling in I See You. Never expected it. But this shows what a great song you can make from a simple demo.

That was it, I guess.

Excuses for typo's. Blame it on tiredness.

I was in WH Smiths today and I headed over to the albums to see if our boy's mastepiece was on the shelves (I'd ordered mine through the post) anyway, there were several new albums on show, but only one "only lonely album" left of TBWKTM. So his album must be flying off the shelves faster than they can replace them! Let's hope so anyway!

After my first listen I felt close to tears. For all it's commercial pop, it's terribly touching and conveys the hurt he felt so deeply. Heartfelt. It also reminded me of bits of that time in my life I didn't know I still remembered. It's a very odd feeling.