MIKA in Le Parisien 16.06.11

pinkcell29

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Translation of the vid :wink2: :

Mika : I'm proud of the songs I'm writing at the moment. It's a kind of... erm.. 'They sound reassured. They know what they are.' It's sincere but it's completely different from what I've done before. Maybe at the start it will surprise people, but honestly if we don't do that in a career, what's the goal..We stay in the same place.

Until Christmas I had nothing for the new album. Nothing. A lot of things happened with my family, and it was quite difficult, it was just as if life was in pause. And so I decided to start working with people who inspire me. It's a mix, there are even people I found on the internet. I found a guy whose demos I found on the internet, I went to his home and he played me his songs in his studio in his bedroom and I heard completely incredible things and now he's part of four of my songs.

Interviewer: Where are you now in the new album?

M: I have 7 songs that I love, and I need 12. I'm almost halfway. It's an album in English, but I said to myself, well, maybe I can put as a bonus a few songs in French.

I: Is it easy to write in French?

M: With a good writer, yes, it is quite easy. In my lyrics, there are always a few mistakes, but we keep them, because I make quite a lot of grammatical mistakes.

I: Is there a title?

M: Yes. The Origin of Love. It started because I wrote a song called The Origin of Love and there are 12 songs and the concept is that these 12 songs are love songs but it is not soppy at all, there are songs that strike, some are punk electro.

I: It's more adult.

M: I hate the concept of adult. I know, I know, before, everybody used to tell me 'oh, it is childish', then with the second one 'oh it is adolescent'.. I'm the one who says it, and then I regret it. I always regret it. When I made the second album, I said 'it's a little bit more adolescent', ohlala, after that they always said 'oh now he's more adolescent'. Now they say 'he's an adult, he thinks he's an adult'. No, he's still an idiot. :biggrin2:

:fangurl: I can't say how much i'm happy about it!! :flowers2:

I'm very proud of him!! He's doing an amazing work!!!! :wub2:

Thanks very much Camille!!! :flowers2:

Translation of the vid :wink2: :

Mika : I'm proud of the songs I'm writing at the moment. It's a kind of... erm.. 'They sound reassured. They know what they are.' It's sincere but it's completely different from what I've done before. Maybe at the start it will surprise people, but honestly if we don't do that in a career, what's the goal..We stay in the same place.

Until Christmas I had nothing for the new album. Nothing. A lot of things happened with my family, and it was quite difficult, it was just as if life was in pause. And so I decided to start working with people who inspire me. It's a mix, there are even people I found on the internet. I found a guy whose demos I found on the internet, I went to his home and he played me his songs in his studio in his bedroom and I heard completely incredible things and now he's part of four of my songs.

Interviewer: Where are you now in the new album?

M: I have 7 songs that I love, and I need 12. I'm almost halfway. It's an album in English, but I said to myself, well, maybe I can put as a bonus a few songs in French.

I: Is it easy to write in French?

M: With a good writer, yes, it is quite easy. In my lyrics, there are always a few mistakes, but we keep them, because I make quite a lot of grammatical mistakes.

I: Is there a title?

M: Yes. The Origin of Love. It started because I wrote a song called The Origin of Love and there are 12 songs and the concept is that these 12 songs are love songs but it is not soppy at all, there are songs that strike, some are punk electro.

I: It's more adult.

M: I hate the concept of adult. I know, I know, before, everybody used to tell me 'oh, it is childish', then with the second one 'oh it is adolescent'.. I'm the one who says it, and then I regret it. I always regret it. When I made the second album, I said 'it's a little bit more adolescent', ohlala, after that they always said 'oh now he's more adolescent'. Now they say 'he's an adult, he thinks he's an adult'. No, he's still an idiot. :biggrin2:

Thank you for the translation! This is so exciting to hear about the new album! :boing:

So the album is titled after a song? Does this mean he'll end up changing the album title at the last minute again? :teehee:

I wish he'd grow his hair:mf_rosetinted:

Not that I'm complaining, but... yes, just a bit..

Uh, MHP???

no words......

:shocked:

:shocked:

his... hair??? trousers?? :aah::aah:

ohlala!!! :roftl::roftl:

I never thought he could change that much :aah:

Thank you very much for posting, translating and captions!

Pink trousers? I don't think it is a big change :wink2:

Thank you for the translation! This is so exciting to hear about the new album! :boing:

So the album is titled after a song? Does this mean he'll end up changing the album title at the last minute again? :teehee:

So - no TOOL then?

*feels disillusioned*

Not that I'm complaining, but... yes, just a bit..

Uh, MHP???

Pink trousers? I don't think it is a big change :wink2:

not about the trousers, but about the album... and his... how to say... way of talking... I don´t know... I found him "changed"... but it must be just me...

by the way, no matter if he´s Mika or Queen Elizabeth... those trousers DON´T match the rest of the clothes :roftl:

not about the trousers, but about the album... and his... how to say... way of talking... I don´t know... I found him "changed"... but it must be just me...

by the way, no matter if he´s Mika or Queen Elizabeth... those trousers DON´T match the rest of the clothes :roftl:

You miss rolled up pants? :mf_rosetinted:

Ooohhh, the red in his hair - I've just spotted it. Very nice:wub2: but I can still see hints of grey on the other side:teehee:

It was the first thing that I spotted.

Yay, I said that he could be pink next time we'll see him! So, maybe he experimented a bit :naughty: but then decided that it was a bad idea :roftl:

He seems a bit more confident there, not so awkward when he's talking.

I like the sound of this album, some electro punk, YEEEESSSS!:biggrin2:

Wow!! Thanks Pinkcell and thanks Camille for your excellent translation. :flowers2:

He looks so different, even from January, wow. I think it will be very interesting to hear Mika's interpretation of a "love song". Something tells me a few of them will be quite different from what one expects in a love song. :naughty:

Archived