Am Family Friendly Musician?? I think NOT

Guest cornishnutter

Guest cornishnutter

I (as did most people) beleived that Mika, was a family friendly and very talented guy, [exitable, and refreshing to watch in his videos, even if some of the lyrics were a little close to the line], until last night this was.

When I heard from various sources that on the opening night of his concert, mika, decided that it would be appropriet to imatate having Sexual Intercourse with people dressed as bears, right the way through the concert.

this causes me some concers as I am due to be seeing mika on tour in a few weeks time, and I am taking my younger brother, who I donot wish to be exposed to such pathtic c**p.

I am going to see runrig this eveing, and they are, and equally talented group, they donot need to resort so such childish behaviour, and plainly inapropiatness.

If I could have got tickets I was going to take along a friends younger brother aswell, he is aged 5, I know I am not the only person who was going to take young children to see Mika in concert and I feel that this is pathetic and stupid, and should not be allowed to be displayed on any other leg of the tour,

with discust, and dismay,

Chris

:gun2: :gun2: :gun2:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice first post, Chris..:blink:

ehm.. let's still say welcome over here?? :wink2:

I think we all have to keep in mind that Mika is not a child performer..:thumb_yello:

And that the parents, brothers, sisters or whoever are taking their kids are responsible for that themselves and not Mika..:blink:

Guest cornishnutter

no I could not beleive it was true either, it didn't seem to make sence, I was more wondering if anybody else had heard this??

It does say on tickets children under 14 need to be accomapanied by an adult .. so therefore its the adults choice of whether to take them or not .. i dont think what mika does on stage is any different to the crap that MY child sees on tv in music video's i.e - half naked women with there baps out ... :biggrin2:

hi by the way ! :thumb_yello:

BTW i think its a rumour :)

I (as did most people) beleived that Mika, was a family friendly and very talented guy, [exitable, and refreshing to watch in his videos, even if some of the lyrics were a little close to the line], until last night this was.

When I heard from various sources that on the opening night of his concert, mika, decided that it would be appropriet to imatate having Sexual Intercourse with people dressed as bears, right the way through the concert.

this causes me some concers as I am due to be seeing mika on tour in a few weeks time, and I am taking my younger brother, who I donot wish to be exposed to such pathtic c**p.

I am going to see runrig this eveing, and they are, and equally talented group, they donot need to resort so such childish behaviour, and plainly inapropiatness.

If I could have got tickets I was going to take along a friends younger brother aswell, he is aged 5, I know I am not the only person who was going to take young children to see Mika in concert and I feel that this is pathetic and stupid, and should not be allowed to be displayed on any other leg of the tour,

Chris

Perhaps you can change your Mika-tickets for Samson and Gert or K3 or a nice familymusical.......:boxed:

(I am sure there are (real) Mika-fans on this website who would die to have your tickets!)

Guest cornishnutter

that is true, I was not aware that it said children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult, sorry!

feel free to remove this thread, if I have wrongly stated things

There's a young couple rolling around on the lawn outside my appartment right now :mf_rosetinted: There's sex everywhere these days, don't think children even think about it that way :blink: I'm not afraid to take my daughter to a Mika gig anyway, she's seen much worse :mf_rosetinted:

Guest cornishnutter

I actually haven't collected my tickets as yet, so I cannot tell you if it does or, not I am going to collect them tonight,

sorry if I have been wrongly informed by the way, I am only going on what I was told, I was hoping that some1 who was ther could tell me what happened to be honest,

cheers mikas_gal07 :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

Wow, it's not everyone who comes out with "guns blazing" on their

first post! But :welcomeani: anyway...

As I understand it, and from what I saw in a youtube video, the scene

you are referring to went something like this: at the end of the show

(not "right through" the whole show)

when Mika and his band dress as animals before

the Lollipop encore, they were behind a screen. You could

see their silhouettes dancing, to Teddy Bears Picnic, then there were a

few seconds of some unusual behavior. The whole thing really didn't

last long at all, and I think that everyone looking at it might have

various interpretations as to what was happening.

That said, if you think that this concert could be offensive to you

or inappropriate for anyone you're bringing, I'm sure you could sell

your tickets without any trouble... as most of Mika's shows are

sold out and demand for tickets seems to be high.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

dcdeb

Firstly, welcome :thumb_yello:

Secondly, Mika is not The Wiggles or Hi-5, it's worth remembering that.

Thirdly, most 5 year old children will let 'that' go completely over their heads. It would take more than that to corrupt a child of any age, in my opinion. And there are ways and means of answering any 'questions' kids may have about what they see.

Lastly, no-one is forcing you to go to a concert or take anyone with you.

But all opinions are welcome here :biggrin2:

hi Chris !

Peace, Love and welcome ! :mf_rosetinted:

As Sasje said very well, I think you should keep in mind that Mika is not Mickey Mouse and that, to begin with, a pop concert is not exactly a place to take small children, regardless to the type of performance. It's far too noisy anyway for young kids fragile ears !!

2 : Just because the shows ends up with balloons falling from the ceiling does not mean it has to be suitable for any type of audience ! :bleh:

Again, like Sasje says, everyone's reponsible for his own choices.

I could suggest you to take the kids see Bambi instead, but I'm afraid it's even less suitable !! Personnally, it left me traumatized ! :blink:

Oh, and did I say welcome ?

I actually haven't collected my tickets as yet, so I cannot tell you if it does or, not I am going to collect them tonight,

sorry if I have been wrongly informed by the way, I am only going on what I was told, I was hoping that some1 who was ther could tell me what happened to be honest,

cheers mikas_gal07 :)

no problemo ! :wink2:

Hi, welcome to the forums...

I agree with Sasje... he isn't really a child performer, I mostly think that cause of the taking his shirt off and the swearing...

There were similar complaints in Australia about Christina Aguilera and Gwen Stefani, people said that the shows were inappropriate for young children... which they were, they were swearing, and definitely inappropraite dancing and so on...

My view is, young children shouldn't go to concerts till they're about 14 anyway (I wouldn't take my niece to a Mika concert, and she loves him)...

Actually, I wanted to ask where you heard about the "having Sexual Intercourse with people dressed as bears, right the way through the concert"... It is quite concerning that this might be going on (though I doubt he would)...

Guest cornishnutter

thanks,

dcdeb

that is what I needed to know,

I was going purely on what I was told, I probably should have read into the problem first, before posting,

I will be going to concert, I was just a little worried was, all,

but non the less you can't take away that Mika is a brilliant artist! :)

regards,

Chris

xxx

hahaha, when i first read the post i thought you said mika had sex with bears XD

sure, there's some dancing going on with Mika and his Big Girls when they appear on stage, but it's not at all explicit, it's just harmless friendly fun. you have nothing to worry about sweetie - Mika's music touches people from a range of ages and he knows that, he knows his audience. he wouldnt do something that bad.

thanks,

dcdeb

that is what I needed to know,

I was going purely on what I was told, I probably should have read into the problem first, before posting,

I will be going to concert, I was just a little worried was, all,

but non the less you can't take away that Mika is a brilliant artist! :)

regards,

Chris

xxx

He is..:naughty:

And you know how to make an entrance..:roftl:

Well.. okay.. everything clear for everyone now?? :shocked:

don't wanna have fights or anything over here, right?? :bleh:

So.. let's just all say hi and welcome to Chris and don't start to tell her (him?? what are you?? :blink::blush-anim-cl:) what he/she should do with her/his kids..

We all have to take resposibility for our own kids or even for our own..

thanks..

Guest cornishnutter

thanks all,

I am sorry if I have upset any body I didn't mean to, can I edit posts?? if so I will change my opening post,

thanks to every1,

I look foward to the concert, he is a gr8 preformer,

love Chris

xxxxx

xx

I do think that in any case if you get the chance after the show when Mika is meeting people you should ask him/ let him know about your concern, as Mika doesn't have kids and is still young enough not to be thinking always for the sake of parents that bring theirs.

I agree with you here Cynthia; it's a perspective Mika might appreciate hearing from such as Chris. I'm sure he would listen and consider the angles.

However it's his show and to be fair he has never aimed his show at children has he? And he's unlikely to start doing so now; as you say, his show seems to be maturing if anything..

Chris

I beg your pardon but... are you serious about what you have written there?

Oh yeah, I agree with what you've said, i just like to see things form all perspective. I totally get the like scene with the bears abut i was worried about nay younger kids in the audience. I don't have kids so i don't know how they react to these things.

Well.. as was said before.. Kids see a lot of worse things these days..:boxed:

Far worse than this..:shocked:

So I am sure they will be fine, and probabley won't even notice..:wink2:

thanks all,

I am sorry if I have upset any body I didn't mean to, can I edit posts?? if so I will change my opening post,

thanks to every1,

I look foward to the concert, he is a gr8 preformer,

love Chris

xxxxx

xx

Don't feel the need to edit your post, you were just going off what you had heard...It's always good to ask people, and see what they think...

I honestly think something like that would go over the heads of young children...