The official quilt for Mika thread

ThatRadFreak

no definate size yet

but you can send it on any material =]

i think at the moment, i want them by end of september =]

But might it not be difficult to sew it up together if the materials of patches are too different, for example, one is knitted woolen patch and another is embroidered in silk? (I guess I have to learn needlework terminology):blink:

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But might it not be difficult to sew it up together if the materials of patches are too different, for example, one is knitted woolen patch and another is embroidered in silk? (I guess I have to learn needlework terminology):blink:

it shouldnt be too hard, i do need a border of about 2 cm all around the patch, to sew them to each other, but if i have like a bunch of knitted ones and a bunch of silk ones, i could make it so they are more or less together =]

I'll send something :) I can kinda knit sew ect, no amazingly though.. size? adress to send it to?

no definite size yet, but im thinking around 8 1/2 inches x 8 1/2 inches =]

well, when i get the definite size, i'll mail everyone, with the size and address =]

you could send a drawing which can be ironed on

or

FABRIC PAINTS! =]

Through the magic of technology and inkjet printers, anything which can be printed from your computer can be printed straight onto fabric without needing to be ironed on.

The fabric is specially treated before you print on it, and it turns out like any other plain fabricm, but with the picture on it.

That way it is washable, and people don't need to buy special fabric paints unless they want to...

So, pictures or writing or anything can be scanned if not already on a computer, then printed onto fabric...

Everybody can play! YOu don't need to be sew-y or knitt-y or even arty!

Come in and join the fun!

Through the magic of technology and inkjet printers, anything which can be printed from your computer can be printed straight onto fabric without needing to be ironed on.

The fabric is specially treated before you print on it, and it turns out like any other plain fabricm, but with the picture on it.

That way it is washable, and people don't need to buy special fabric paints unless they want to...

So, pictures or writing or anything can be scanned if not already on a computer, then printed onto fabric...

Everybody can play! YOu don't need to be sew-y or knitt-y or even arty!

Come in and join the fun!

Oooh, i did not know this, thanks!

do you know what it needs to be treated with?

Oooh, i did not know this, thanks!

do you know what it needs to be treated with?

There are 2 ways.

The easiest, but more expensive way is to buy pre-treated A4 sized sheets of white fabric. You can pay one or two dollars per sheet (up to lots more for 'best quality'), and buy it in packs of 5 to 10 sheets.

The cheaper way is to buy a bottle of Bubble-Jet Set, and cut your white fabric into A4 sheets yourself. You wet the fabric in the Bubble-Jet set, and let it dry, then print on it with an ink-jet printer. That brings it down to about 20 cents per sheet, because you can get about 50 sheets worth from one bottle.

It is best to use a fabric that is good quality, with a high thread count, for a clearer result, rather than something like homespun.

The fabric starts off stiff enough to feed through a printer, but washes out to a soft cotton fabric again.

LOL - can you tell I have a freind who sells this stuff, and that I have explained it to a few customers...

There are 2 ways.

The easiest, but more expensive way is to buy pre-treated A4 sized sheets of white fabric. You can pay one or two dollars per sheet (up to lots more for 'best quality'), and buy it in packs of 5 to 10 sheets.

The cheaper way is to buy a bottle of Bubble-Jet Set, and cut your white fabric into A4 sheets yourself. You wet the fabric in the Bubble-Jet set, and let it dry, then print on it with an ink-jet printer. That brings it down to about 20 cents per sheet, because you can get about 50 sheets worth from one bottle.

It is best to use a fabric that is good quality, with a high thread count, for a clearer result, rather than something like homespun.

The fabric starts off stiff enough to feed through a printer, but washes out to a soft cotton fabric again.

LOL - can you tell I have a freind who sells this stuff, and that I have explained it to a few customers...

Oooh, i think i'll go with the bubble jet version xD

i'll start looking round for the bubbl-jet, but worse comes to worst, i'm sure they have it on ebay xD

thank you tons!

and i would never have guessed lol :roftl:

Nooo, i meant, till no new people can be accpeted

the patches dont need to be received until like september xD

OMG dont scare me like that!!!!!

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: