What have/will you call your child(ren)???

curly

I was just thinking about baby names whilst reading the 'What does your name mean?' thread. Even though i'm only 14 i've already decided that when i'm about 24-27 (and i've earned enough money to support us!) i want to have a little baby. I would love a girl but if i ever ahve a boy i wont mind! :roftl:

If i have a girl i'll call her Promise :wub2: or Briony.

If i have a boy i'll call him Charlie or Michael. :wub2:

What will/have you called your children?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many names I like. Generally I prefer uncommon names:biggrin2:

I would call a girl either Clemency, Calista, Scarlett or May. Although I think Sora is a pretty name too:biggrin2:

I haven't really thought about boy names (Not that I rather want a girl, but there are more girl names I like) but I guess a name like Hayden:wub2:

i bet someone will call their child mika

I wanted to until i discovered our Mika!!! It would be like copyright theft to take that lovely name and use it for my own child!!!

Unless of course it was Mika's child too...:blush-anim-cl:

A girl Chloe (I like different names, but my mum named me Rebecca because it was her mum's favourite name and Choe is my mums favourite name.) Then Sky.

I don't know about a boy... all the ones I know are kind of... boring. Except a few (no offence to anyone else... That's just my view)

There are so many names I like. Generally I prefer uncommon names:biggrin2:

I would call a girl either Clemency, Calista, Scarlett or May. Although I think Sora is a pretty name too:biggrin2:

I haven't really thought about boy names (Not that I rather want a girl, but there are more girl names I like) but I guess a name like Hayden:wub2:

OMG!!! I love Hayden! But i have a friend with the same name but spelt Haidan, so it would be too wierd!!! :blink::roftl:

if i have a daughter i'll call her asia or emma. i love these names :wub2:

if i have a boy, well, his father will decide the name cause i don't have a favorite male name :bleh: even if i like leonardo

if i have a daughter i'll call her asia or emma. i love these names :wub2:

if i have a boy, well, his father will decide the name cause i don't have a favorite male name :bleh: even if i like leonardo

My cousins called Emma.. and my friend! :bleh:

I like Leonardo for a boy! :biggrin2:

I don't want any kids but I've always liked boynames for girls.. So if hell DOES freeze over and I do have a kid one day, if it's a girl I'll probably call her something like Alex or Jack or something.

I don't want any kids but I've always liked boynames for girls.. So if hell DOES freeze over and I do have a kid one day, if it's a girl I'll probably call her something like Alex or Jack or something.

I like unisex names like Charlie or Alex...............or Mika! :biggrin2::roftl:

My foster sister was called Pearl and my niece is called Robyn. When Pearl died, aged 5, my sister wanted to always remember Pearl so Robyn's middle name is Pearl! :biggrin2:

My daughter is called Ziggie :mf_rosetinted: If it had been a boy, I would have called him Ziggy :roftl: Should I have one more someday then I guess I would call him/her Domino :blink:

My daughter is called Ziggie :mf_rosetinted: If it had been a boy, I would have called him Ziggy :roftl: Should I have one more someday then I guess I would call him/her Domino :blink:

Oooooh Domino is an unusual name but extremely lovely! :wub2::wink2:

I have babies on the brain constantly! (You'd think my biological clock was ticking down already. :naughty: ) I had 2 names that I really liked in college, Coda for a girl, and Lennox for a boy. Well, my man HATES those names. So we made up a name together fora future daughter. It unique and beautiful, and most importantly, top secret! We don't want anyone to steal it. I'm not sure what I would call a boy now, but there are some Indian names that I like.

If I were to even suggest naming our child Mika or Prince, I'm sure it would result in divorce!

Ha! I have got this all figured out. The trick is in finding someone who will agree with me...

Okay, it may shock you, but my legal name is not actually Jack. However, I love-love-love the idea of the name Jack for a girl. So if I have a daughter, I'm naming her Jacqueline but calling her "Jack."

If I have a son, I'm naming him Alistair, and calling him... well, I'm sure you can guess this one... "Alice." (Thanks, Mika!) Mind you, I had the name Alistair picked out ages ago, but I'd never thought of shortening it to Alice before--however, it fits in so perfectly with calling a girl Jack that I can't believe I didn't think of it first.

Now, this is the wicked one: if I have fraternal twins (a girl and a boy), then I'm naming them Christian and Lucifer--Chris and Lucy for short. :naughty: I just love that Chris and Lucy are such ordinary, normal names, but the full names are not at all.

See, all my kids will have either a "normal" full name or a normal nickname... not both. I'm awful, ha.

--Jack

bwahaha you're just like me. I don't want kids either, I've been saying it since I was like 3 or something lol, and here we are 17 years later, still saying the same:naughty:

but I do like the name Ezrah, for a boy, Esrah for a girl ... :naughty:

Ha! I have got this all figured out. The trick is in finding someone who will agree with me...

Okay, it may shock you, but my legal name is not actually Jack. However, I love-love-love the idea of the name Jack for a girl. So if I have a daughter, I'm naming her Jacqueline but calling her "Jack."

If I have a son, I'm naming him Alistair, and calling him... well, I'm sure you can guess this one... "Alice." (Thanks, Mika!) Mind you, I had the name Alistair picked out ages ago, but I'd never thought of shortening it to Alice before--however, it fits in so perfectly with calling a girl Jack that I can't believe I didn't think of it first.

Now, this is the wicked one: if I have fraternal twins (a girl and a boy), then I'm naming them Christian and Lucifer--Chris and Lucy for short. :naughty: I just love that Chris and Lucy are such ordinary, normal names, but the full names are not at all.

See, all my kids will have either a "normal" full name or a normal nickname... not both. I'm awful, ha.

--Jack

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Very clever!

My mum is called Jacqueline! Her full name is Jacqueline-Ann and she was named after a horse that my Grandad won a bet on the day she was born! :shocked::blink::roftl:

IngievV, Sora is a japanese word meaning sky ^_^

But it IS a pretty name.

Speaking of Japanese names, I like Kaori. But, it sounds weird, just looks pretty lol. I also like the name Kasumi, Ayumi, Hitomi (but, say it fast and it sounds like "hit on me" so er no lol), Megumi, Sakura, Sayuri.

They are all female names. I did, actually, like the JAPANESE FEMALE name "Mika", but then our beloved Mika came along so I think that's a no go also. My family know I adore Mika to bits so to name my child, either girl or boy Mika, that would look dodgy and strange LOL.

But, in english, for girls i like:

Christina, Crystal, Alesha, Melody...

boys:

Brett, Glen, Chad...

thats all i can think of lol

Same for me...I don't know if I really want to have kids, but if I already have them one day I hope it's a boy.:blush-anim-cl::bleh:

About names...I really like the name Raul, although it's a bit strange name for Slovenia...but I don't care!:biggrin2: I love this name...And then I like a few slovenian names as well-like Žan (Jean), Žiga, Jan, Luka, Martin,...

Mika would be a bit funny in our language, because most people wouldn't know if it's a girl or a boy.:roftl:

Girl names: Gwendolen, Kaede, Luna, Signe, Athena, Madicken, Mellie, Hermione, Fortuna, Tekla, Bonnie, Polly, Constance

Boy names: Cedric, Eidin, Matteus, Edvin, Lex, Davin, Nicodemus, James, Hugo

Seems like I have to get many children so i can name them ^^

Or they could have a lot of middle names ^^

We'll see in a couple of years :bleh:

I have babies on the brain constantly! (You'd think my biological clock was ticking down already. :naughty: )

im only 17 but i ADORE, no, LOVE children. My main goal in life is to get married and have children. I'm quite old fashioned and traditional, but if it makes me happy, why not?

I've always wanted to be a mother, and can't wait to be! But obviously I wouldn't rush into anything. It has to be right :)