• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not even kidding you guys...

i am like, freaking out.

people die from pnemonia.

sorry i'm a bit of a hypochondriac..

No they usually don't. Unless they're 90 y.o. and/or have severe associate diseases :thumb_yello:

No offense.

I predict he'll recover before the weekend :mf_rosetinted:

I think we will soon hear about the possibility of such a come-back!

Lol, if he's doing any gigs anyways, then make sure to catch some of his cough-spit - we could clone him

Eeeew, that is gross. But wasn't it Suzy who drank Mika's Ribena with the chest infection in it...she didn't get sick....

Anyone else get the feeling Mika won't really listen and will just carry on until he collapses? :no:

Well there have been warning signs for a while. The thing is, whatever the diagnosis, he is just doing too much to keep the schedule as it is. And remember Mika is not the only one, Martin has "cooties" (or impetigo, depending on the thread you read)

Ok... Just a little 50 cents to all that...

- It all started about 2-3 weeks ago when he was having a "chest infection" during the gigs for the US tour, we never heard of after that... US Tour finished on June 17th

- Then he came back, and went to La Fête de la Musique in Paris and did quite a good performance, although it was just 2 songs on June 21st

- Then Glastonbury where he was great, playing in the mud and kissing Big Girls all around :wink2: Jun 22nd and 23rd

- Then the TBA Gig in Manchester, where some of us had the luck to go, June 27th

- Then he cancelled Switzerland, June 28th... Because of an "ear infection"... Then we learned after that that he had cancelled to preserve his voice for The Olympia

- Then he made his best gig ever at The Olympia, June 30th (recorded for DVD)

- Then iTunes festival July 1st, wasn't he quite good there ? I'm sorry, i didn't read the reports... Was on could 9

- Then on July 3rd, he cancels Nibe that is supposed to happen on July 4th, because he "lost his voice" and "has to keep it for Roskilde", already after a medical prescription...

- BUT performs for a secret gig in the same evening... None of us went to, but the reports from the press are as usual, fantastic

- Today, we learn that he cancels Roskilde July 6th, because "doctor said he had to keep his voice" and because now he's got pneumonia...

- BUT Oxegen and T in the Park are still ok for now, and they are on July 7th and 8th

- Then 3 "cool days" before hes supposed to go to Lyon (France) then Spain, etc.

Yop I was thinking of recapping just like this, so glad you did the work for me!! :naughty:

And you know the wonderful sweaty pics everyone has been enjoying so much, maybe he sweating so much partly from having a fever and being so ill?? And maybe he really can't sign stuff after shows because he can hardly breathe and is really exhausted...

ah yes, but the secret Reading gig really blew all this speculation out the window. If he hadn't done Reading, we might all have been more easily convinced.

Long post, sorry!!:bleh:

Eeeew, that is gross. But wasn't it Suzy who drank Mika's Ribena with the chest infection in it...she didn't get sick....

Well there have been warning signs for a while. The thing is, whatever the diagnosis, he is just doing too much to keep the schedule as it is. And remember Mika is not the only one, Martin has "cooties" (or impetigo, depending on the thread you read)

Yop I was thinking of recapping just like this, so glad you did the work for me!! :naughty:

And you know the wonderful sweaty pics everyone has been enjoying so much, maybe he sweating so much partly from having a fever and being so ill?? And maybe he really can't sign stuff after shows because he can hardly breathe and is really exhausted...

ah yes, but the secret Reading gig really blew all this speculation out the window. If he hadn't done Reading, we might all have been more easily convinced.

Long post, sorry!!:bleh:

You didn't quote the conclusion of the recap which was the most interesting part :naughty:

No, I didn't get sick. Only experienced MIKA-withdrawal symptoms a few days after meeting him. Mind you, I only had about 3 sips (from the same spout his lips touched) ...sorry, i ALWAYS have to emphasize that part. But then again, I didn't need to beat wildly on trash bins, night after night, with my shirt off either....

When i read "lost his voice" i got into a bit of a panic.... Pneumonia sounds scary, especially after i've read what some of u guys have experienced. i feel faint just thinking about Mika having it. :no:

ohmygod hushugshugs & get well, please please just be OK. :(

I had it when I was seven and I had to go to the hospital and stay overnight...it was really scary...:shocked:

I had to go into the hospital too but I didn't stay overnight. Mine started off as a cold, but it never got better and only got worse and turned to pneumonia. I was admitted to the hospital and had to stay for a few hours so that they could check me out and run tests, etc, but I got to go home.

HANNAH! :biggrin2:

SHANICKA!!! Yay for free wireless internet at this hotel! :D

Get well soon dear Mika, My thoughts are with you. I work in a pharmacy and know you can get medication that will make you better soon!!!

love you forever

k:thumb_yello:

GET WELL, MIKA! THE WORLD NEEDS YOU AND YOUR WONDERFUL MUSIC! (and me too :wub2:). You should take care of yourself and get some rest. Relax, take it easy :thumb_yello:. And stop going around without your t-shirt in that sexy way :naughty:. It's not healthy... for your fans :biggrin2:. WE LOVE YOU! I hope you recover soon.

GET WELL, MIKA! THE WORLD NEEDS YOU AND YOUR WONDERFUL MUSIC! (and me too :wub2:). You should take care of yourself and get some rest. Relax, take it easy :thumb_yello:. And stop going around without your t-shirt in that sexy way :naughty:. It's not healthy... for your fans :biggrin2:. WE LOVE YOU! I hope you recover soon.

Yeah, Mika. Save the t-shirt removal for later... *wink wink*

Sorry, it's nighttime, and I'm feeling craaazy. :roftl:

No they usually don't. Unless they're 90 y.o. and/or have severe associate diseases :thumb_yello:

No offense.

Not necessarily true, Yop. I worked in a hospital for 10 years and saw some pretty scary stuff. One Christmas a young 36 year-old single mother of a nine year old came in with a harsh case of pneumonia. She was in REALLY rough shape!!! All the staff on the ward were really worried about her. Then, as time approached New Year's she appeared to rally. After all, prior to the pneumonia she was strong and healthy; the only thing was that she was burning the candle at both ends, going through a horrific divorce, working two jobs and bringing up her daughter alone. Having a tough time was an understatement. In any case... it finally looked like she was on the up and up and we were so relieved! So I went on my break for the long New Year's Eve weekend.....

When I returned to work the following week she was gone. Just like that - a 36 year-old single mother. Her sister had the horrendous task of informing her niece. Every staff member cried.

I know this is not the norm, but it happens. More often than you think.

Not necessarily true, Yop. I worked in a hospital for 10 years and saw some pretty scary stuff. One Christmas a young 36 year-old single mother of a nine year old came in with a harsh case of pneumonia. She was in REALLY rough shape!!! All the staff on the ward were really worried about her. Then, as time approached New Year's she appeared to rally. After all, prior to the pneumonia she was strong and healthy; the only thing was that she was burning the candle at both ends, going through a horrific divorce, working two jobs and bringing up her daughter alone. Having a tough time was an understatement. In any case... it finally looked like she was on the up and up and we were so relieved! So I went on my break for the long New Year's Eve weekend.....

When I returned to work the following week she was gone. Just like that - a 36 year-old single mother. Her sister had the horrendous task of informing her niece. Every staff member cried.

I know this is not the norm, but it happens. More often than you think.

:shocked::emot-sad:

My mother's a nurse, and she, too, has seen some horrible, albeit very unlikely, things like that.

Get well soon, Mika!

Oh, I'LL BET SHE HAS! Anyways, I'm not telling these stories to shock and traumatize people, but I think everybody here (myself included) needs a reality check from time to time. What disturbs me is the thought that the "pneumonia story" is merely an excuse for Mika to get out of performing at certain venues (i.e festivals). If that truly is the case, then obviously once this is made public his credibility would not only come into question and great scrutiny but would suffer immense damage. This is not the kind of press one wants when a fledgling and just establishing one's career....

I don't know what's worse - being seriously ill or lying about it....

I don't think that traveling actually weakens your immune system but there is more chance to get sick. You are around a lot more people and different strains of things in different countries. And in an air plane, any germs floating around are circulated through the air the entire time.

And I agree with whoever said that the schedule he's keeping is incredibly exhausting and he is definitely not getting enough rest. This does weaken your ability to fight off infection.

It is somewhat rare for someone to die from pneumonia, but he REALLY needs to slow down a bit so that it doesn't escalate to worse problems.

That being said, I think he will be just fine, if he slows down!!!