Describe the moment you fell in love with/discovered MIKA!

BonjourMika1990

Haha, bonjourmika, when I saw the title, I already knew this was your thread. :biggrin2:

I had heard "Relax" a few times and wondered who sang it, but wasn't very interested. Then by friend lent me his CD and I was very surprised that I immediately liked all the songs on it, the cover was also very cute, so I looked up in internet for him. I saw a few interviews and I started liking him more and more, I bought his CD and listened to it all the time. The more I knew about him the more I liked him, there just wasn't a point where I could say "Nah, he's the same as all the others". I can't really explain this, there wasn't this separate "he is handsome" or "he has a good voice" thoughts, I didn't need to tell myself all that, I just accepted him and his music unconditionally.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, bonjourmika, when I saw the title, I already knew this was your thread. :biggrin2:

I had heard "Relax" a few times and wondered who sang it, but wasn't very interested. Then by friend lent me his CD and I was very surprised that I immediately liked all the songs on it, the cover was also very cute, so I looked up in internet for him. I saw a few interviews and I started liking him more and more, I bought his CD and listened to it all the time. The more I knew about him the more I liked him, there just wasn't a point where I could say "Nah, he's the same as all the others". I can't really explain this, there wasn't this separate "he is handsome" or "he has a good voice" thoughts, I didn't need to tell myself all that, I just accepted him and his music unconditionally.

LOL How could you tell it was my thread?

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away...

(Well, more like in my parents' house in Kent...)

... I was sitting in the kitchen, probably having my lunch or something, and this new song started playing on the radio. I never really listen to the radio properly when it's on, and upon hearing this new song, I thought to myself, "Oh, it's Robbie Williams trying to sing high. That's nice." and dismissed it. *ROFL*

Some time later, I read about this random Lebanese dude called Mika in a music magazine, and thought, "Oh, perhaps I should check his music out." Unfortunately, though, I kind of forgot about him almost straight afterwards. XD

Fast forward to about the end of March this year, and I was in Virgin Megastore with my classmates. I saw Mika's album, and thought, "Oh yeah, I was gonna check out his music ages ago..." When I went back to Kent after the end of the term, I sat down with my laptop in the living room and YouTubed some of Mika's songs. I discovered that the song that I'd dismissed as "Robbie Williams trying to sing high" was in fact called 'Grace Kelly', and wasn't by Robbie Williams at all! XD Then I heard 'Love Today', and thought, "Hey, this guy's pretty good!" I listened to 'Lollipop' after that, which I ended up playing about a billion times over. Then I thought, "Hmm, I don't actually know anything about this guy... let's see if I can find some interviews!" After having seen the Popworld one where he skipped to the zoo, I just went, "Hahahaha, he's fabulous!"

Soon afterwards, I listened to the whole of LiCM, and I was majorly hooked. :biggrin2:

~The end!~

mine was i was watching vh1 when a hilarious video came on with a fun song. the next day i wen on itunes and bought grace kelly. the next day i bought his cd at target. i listened to it and at first i was like "is this guy serious?" then when i thought about it i was like "hey he's different!" i joined a few forums the next week and before i new it i was obsessed!:mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

I remember it was one dull February day (the second of February to be more specific:bleh: ) and I was supposed to study but instead of that I was chatting on my favourite slovenian forum and there was the link to GK on youtube. Normally I don't even check those links but there was just something about it that made me click it.

So I watched the video and I liked it from the first second. After seeing it I went off line but I just couldn't get the song out of my head so I went back on line and stayed there all day watching GK on youtube over and over again.

Ever since then my days are full of these perfect sounds.

well...the very 1st time I was on the bus...I was going to school...and I heard Grace Kelly...but I didn't know who that guy was..and I didn't really like the song(I'm talking at first!!lool!!)I only liked the refrain...u know..I could be brown...ecc...:biggrin2: and then..one evening I was surfing in internet,when my sister said to me:'Romy..do u know an artist called Mika-Grace Kelly???'with a face like this >>> :blink: I said:'No...I don't know who this guy is..but I can find it on utube If u want...'Well...I heard to it and I said:'Oh yes...I heard it,yet...well...uhmm...yes...it's pretty..'and my sister:'Yes...it's cool'...At first I heard to it one time,but slowly slowly I started to hear to grace kelly's song again and again..so...I looked for another songs and I fell in love with Mika!!!here is my story!!Byyyeee!!!:thumb_yello:

it was a few months ago around February around 1 or 2 am. I was kinda bored but didn't want to go to bed (yes I'm a night-owl lol) so I turned on the TV to watch fashion TV actually. but they had kind of lame things on that night, so I had a little look at the other channels.

somehow I stayed on an Italian channel for a bit longer. don't ask me why I don't really understand Italian, but I guess I found it funny to see how many words I could actually understand lol so there was this lady in a green dress (it was the san remo festival as I found out later) who announced Mika with GK. then he came on and I thought "oh yeah I've heard this song before it's absolutely great!". what I liked most that day was the way he was dressed I think, the way he performed and his hair :wub2: lol

I couldn't get him out of my head that night and the next day the first thing I said to my sister was "I'm in love" :naughty:

that's it pretty much. I really think it was fate, because I hardly ever watch TV, really! imagine I hadn't watched it that night either?! I guess my life would be pretty different right now! or I would have discovered him some other way... I don't know!

it was kind of coincident....I was watching Vh1 and I had seen GK incredibly a lot and I thought this songs gotta be a really big deal! so then I was searching on the internet about Mika and then I found this website and I just stucked here :biggrin2: but I haven't got a clue how I became a fan :blink: from the first time I've heard Mika I fell in love with him :blush-anim-cl: you know his style, his beautiful high voice, his lyrics etc....and then how I got to know him better I was crazy for him which is kind of interesting because Mika is my first MALE favorite (I always loved female artists) so this is how I discovered Mika but I never thought that I'm gonna be as obsessed with him as I am now.....:biggrin2:

It's strange i am feeling like if it was always there in my life...

I think i remeber it was this winter or this pring i was alone in my loft. Outside it was one of those winter cold day. iwas watching Tv and suddently the video of Grace Kelly begin to play. I was loving the scene with him and the little girl on the piano.

After the video i go on the net and try to discover anything about him.

I discover a few things. I get the Cd and listend it. Lovew it of course!

But what make me fall in love was when i watch on You tube is french interview on Tarata. When i heard is voice in frenche i was just so in love with him...

Now i hope to see him live in concert someday...

Veronica

Mika attracted me from the first time i saw the "Grace Kelly"-video. i wanted to know more about this amazing guy and searched on youtube.

i'm having butterflies in my stomach since i first saw him on tv...:wub2:

I heard Mika alot on the radio, and I have to admit that I sort of dismissed him as just another artist. Then, completely by accident, I saw one of his live performances on TV and was amazed that it was actually live and by how talented he was. Just seeing one live performance started it, and now I am gradually becoming more & more obsessed.

I think he got overplayed on the radio though (although obviously getting radio play is a good thing), and that means that people are more likely to dismiss him - as I originally did.

it was about end of january i think and well actually it was really funny cause the first song i heard by him wasnt grace kelly...i was on perez hilton and one of the posts was for mika singing 'hips dont lie' and i was like hmmm....this guy must be cool cause perez is always talking about him, so i clicked it listen to it and i didnt really expect to like it but i was like WOW this guy can really sing(its weird cause i never listen to the music on perez hilton, but something made me do it) so i went to his myspace and at the same time i was on this site watching music videos and i see MIKA "Grace Kelly" and it had a little picture of him with the umbrella and i was like:shocked: he has umbrella and he has a song called grace kelly!!! (i love both) so i listened to it and i was like this song is cool...i didnt really love it at first, then i went to his myspace and listened to it...i've been addicted ever since, the next day i was telling all my friends how freddie mercury has been reincarnated as this skinny guy...then i realized a bit later how incredbly good looking he was, but ever since i listened to grace kelly( for the second time) i've been hoplessly addicted to MIKA:wub2:

...suddenly, a sound like I've never heard before flooded the television speakers. It was beautiful... I looked up and saw a curly head bopping around. (...) Than I looked at the curly head singing, and he was the most beautiful boy I have ever laid my eyes on. From that moment on, I was in love!

What's your story? Don't be afraid to get all poetic lol

LOL, sorry, but I really can't be poetic about my very first Mika-experience. My very first reaction and opinion wasn't too poetic :naughty:

My story is:

I was sitting in my office working hard, while the tv was on (due to my colleagues). The choosing of the tv channel was totally random (it was MTV), but suddenly they started to broadcast Mika's Grace Kelly video. I hated it for the first. Literally hated it. I haven't heard about Mika before, but in that minutes I hated everything about him that now I just love.

I found him and the music terribly irritating and ridiculous. I wasn't interested in him at all, I couldn't even remember his name :blink:

Then, a few days later I saw that video again (randomly and not willingly again), and somehow the song stuck in my head. I still didn't like it that much, but I couldn't help it, it was so catchy and impossible to ignore. It was so alive, so vivid, so euphoric... So I surfed on the internet to get some more info on him, and I realized all his other songs... and now here I am: an enthusiastic MFC-member, who adores Mika, appreciates his music :punk: , his work, his talent :thumb_yello: , his art, his style, his intelligance :cool: , his humour, his crazyness :bleh: , his looks :blush-anim-cl: ... yeah, I stop now, everybody knows what I mean.

I was lay on my sofa with the tv on mute drifting in and out of sleep at about 11pm when i saw him.. he was truly gorgeous. I was so intoxicated (thats a big word for me lol) by his beauty that by the time i realised it was a music video for a song and wanted to turn up the volume.. it had finished! From then on i knew i had to find that beautiful man again...

NEXT DAY

I arrived home from school to hear a beautiful song fill the living room. My mum was sat on the sofa singing away to this guys amazingly high voice and i just laughed. I asked her what it was and she said Mika. I hadn't even looked at the TV yet but i knew it was him....

After that i was obsessed........ and my love for him gets greater and greater every day! :biggrin2:

Well that was the story of how i fell in love with Mika.... give me 2 years and i'll write the story of how Mika fell in love with me!!! :biggrin2:

It was the day before my first final and I was "trying hard" to study (aka procrastinate). My sorority sister gave me a mixed cd and mika was on it. So, my roommate and I were studying (ahem procrastinating by listening to the cd) out in our common area. And "Love Today" played, and I was OBSESSED. However, I havent seen mika yet, so for a good 2hrs, I thought he was this fat old lead singer of a band. Then I bought the entire cd, googled him, and fell inlove. He shocked me mainly coz I wore skinny jeans, blazers, suspenders (braces), funky necklaces a lot, and seeing this curly haired, gorgeous, british-accented, guy sporting the exact same stuff (pretty much the male version of me) was enough reason for me to stop studying. He was pretty much this perfect dream man i've been painting in my dreams and i couldnt believe that he existed. im also hyperactive and i jump around a lot (ask my roommates), so mika was pretty much me. Anyways, I spent the entire finals period listening to Life in Cartoon Motion and being my merry self. Everyone around me hated it.... I kept playing it for my 6 roommates and by the 3rd day they admitted they liked it. haha talk about persistence! however my bf and all my guy friends hated his voice and him. i fell in love with mika even more as the days went by and i still do, and i think he's amazing at life!

oh and i didnt do so well in my finals. my grades went down. i would normally be upset, but i think im still jaded by my whole "mika-love"

on the last day of school, my friend showed me the song "lollipop" while we were waiting for some people and i seriously thought it was dumb and scary and perverted (sucking too hard on your lollipop...really now!) but she kept on talking about it. a week later when i went on a plane his whole album was on so i checked it out and found lollipop and grace kelly pretty catchy but didn't look further into it. then at my hotel, wow you do not realize how much they overplay grace kelly on mtv...jeez! i still wasn't really into his songs though, but when i came back to the US, i youtubed him and got pretty obsessed. xP yep that's it

It was just after Grace Kelly was new and everybody was talking about it. My friend had heard it on the radio and was telling me on msn that there had been some guy called Mika on the radio and that he was being compared to Freddie Mercury by the people on the station and she was very shocked and kind of angry that somebody was being compared to him cause she's a big fan.

Grace Kelly had then been playing for maybe a week in Iceland and was being so talked about so i thought it was finally time to hear it. So i listened to it and fell in love!! I told my friend that i understood why he was being compared to Freddie cause that voice was just..WOW! A week later i got the album (and my friend did too) and i've listened to it everyday since then. :biggrin2:

I was watching Good Morning America with my mom,and I saw him talking to the host,and I like you know 60's music and I didn't like,"new"music,so I was like,"I have my doubts..."(I have doubts about everthing...)Then I heard him sing Grace Kelly...I LOVED IT.:wub2: So after we FINALLY got LiCM,I serched him on Google and...I was in MAJOR LOVE.:wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

Well......It happened like this : A couple months back I heard the song grace kelly on the t.v. , I wasn't paying much attention then ( I never pay attention lol) and I forgot the name of the song . SO.....about 3 weeks ago I had JUST remembered who had made the song and I looked Mika up on youtube........slowly (not really ) I became more and more obsessed and after watching all of his interviews on youtube over and over I was in love ....ahhhhhhhhhh....:mf_lustslow::roftl: And now I listen to his music every day ....i even dance to his music while brushing my teeth lol:roftl:

LOL, sorry, but I really can't be poetic about my very first Mika-experience. My very first reaction and opinion wasn't too poetic :naughty:

My story is:

I was sitting in my office working hard, while the tv was on (due to my colleagues). The choosing of the tv channel was totally random (it was MTV), but suddenly they started to broadcast Mika's Grace Kelly video. I hated it for the first. Literally hated it. I haven't heard about Mika before, but in that minutes I hated everything about him that now I just love.

I found him and the music terribly irritating and ridiculous. I wasn't interested in him at all, I couldn't even remember his name :blink:

Then, a few days later I saw that video again (randomly and not willingly again), and somehow the song stuck in my head. I still didn't like it that much, but I couldn't help it, it was so catchy and impossible to ignore. It was so alive, so vivid, so euphoric... So I surfed on the internet to get some more info on him, and I realized all his other songs... and now here I am: an enthusiastic MFC-member, who adores Mika, appreciates his music :punk: , his work, his talent :thumb_yello: , his art, his style, his intelligance :cool: , his humour, his crazyness :bleh: , his looks :blush-anim-cl: ... yeah, I stop now, everybody knows what I mean.

Yeah, I didn't like him at first either, but I wanted to!

So, I listened to it more and more and then one day, bam!

I think I liked "Love Today" from the 1/one of the first listenings, but I didn't like Grace Kelly until I had listened to the entire album over and over again, then, strangely all I wanted to listen to was Grace Kelly for about 3 days, then only the sad songs, then... I'm sure you get the idea.

I discoverd Mika in April over spring break( i think i told this story in my introduction). I was at my friend Naomi's house when i heard her singing Grace Kelly, and i was like, "what are you singing?". She showed me the Grace Kelly MV on youtube an then kept right on singing.

At first i didn't like the song but i thought the music video was great. I think she annoyed with it because she was singing it the whole day. My little brother was with me when she showed us the MV and we both thought it was "ok" but we more interested in why Naomi was so intent on sining this song.

A week later, i woke up with Grace Kelly in my head. So i started singing what lyrics i knew"i could be brown, i could be blue, i could be violets sky, da didi dadum didi da dum didi da". Yeah, something like that. haha. My sister wanted to know what i was singing so i showed her the mv on Youtube and within two seconds of the first half of the video, i became completely consummed with Mika. I started searching for more videos and interviews and just about any information i could find. I'm a bit of a horoscope nut, so i had to find out what sign he was.:naughty:

My cousin and her daughter came over later that day, by that time i'd heard "Grace Kelly", "Love Today" and "Lollipop" over 60 times, and when they walked in i had "Love Today" playing. My cousin's daughter ran over to the computer and started dancing like crazy, mind you she wasn't even one yet so we were all surpised. After that the whole day was all about "Love Today", mainly because both my sister son who was a week younger then my cousin daughter liked it the best.

So my sister, nephew, cousin, her daughter and i spent the whole day dancing to "Love Today" in our living room. We had a whole party. We ordered pizza,got ice cream and cookies and just hungout(i'm not a bum, it was a saturday. haha.) Since then, i'm up early in the morning or late at night taking over the computer with Mikafanclub,music,youtube,myspace and just about anything else i can get my hands on. THE END!

I was listening to the BBC while doing some homework when, suddenly, an INCREDIBLE voice started to flow from the speakers. It was singing something about Grace Kelly... I was immensely impressed by this voice that sang only for me (I was alone in the room, at the moment). I couln't understand how a guy could reach that high and not be out of tune, so I waited for the song to end so the presenters could say the name of the artist. Of course, it was Mika! And he earned my admiration from the very beginnig. His music put a stop to my bad temper of that day and made me completely happy.

I never finished my homework: I spent the rest of the afternoon (and the night) googling him and reading about him. I got completely obsessed and the next day I bought LiCM. My love for him hasn't run out yet, in spite of my listening to his album everyday and my endless talk about him to everyone who happens to be around and is polite enough to listen.

The ultimate fulfillment of all my dreams would be his coming to Argentina. I LOVE HIM AND HIS MUSIC SO MUCH!