Mika on US "So you think you can dance" tonight!!

brookestock

:roftl: That would be hilarious. They do have a show like that - Dancing with the Stars. But he'd have to be on for the whole season. It's not just one appearance.

The stage for SYTYCD is huge because it's a dancefloor. So hopefully he does cut loose a bit and busts some sexy moves!

I hope so! I'm so excited! :) I wonder what he's going to wear... :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope so! I'm so excited! :) I wonder what he's going to wear... :blush-anim-cl:

ahum lemme guess: bright coloured skinny jeans, grey underwear and a t-shirt with some kind of motive:blink:

:roftl: From some of the hyperventilating going on here, you'd think Mika was set to perform a miracle healing live or something, rather than just singing a song on a show.

Mind you, I am definitely tuning in. Not taping it though (no VRC, and Mango's got my back there anyway!).

It's funny to see all of us Americans get so excited about what's really quite a routine tv appearance...

--Jack

:roftl: From some of the hyperventilating going on here, you'd think Mika was set to perform a miracle healing live or something, rather than just singing a song on a show.

:roftl: Yeah I don't know what the big f*cking deal is, but it is a big f*cking deal for some reason. He'd better be stellar tonight or it's going to be a serious letdown. :naughty:

:roftl: Yeah I don't know what the big f*cking deal is, but it is a big f*cking deal for some reason. He'd better be stellar tonight or it's going to be a serious letdown. :naughty:

It's because he's NEVER on US television hardly. I've never seen him on television since I've been a fan apart from a commercial or something. I saw him on Leno, but that was before I had any idea who he was.

It's because he's NEVER on US television hardly. I've never seen him on television since I've been a fan apart from a commercial or something. I saw him on Leno, but that was before I had any idea who he was.

Yeah, exactly. Plus, I've never even heard him on the radio except once, seen his CD in stores, or even know that many people who like him. It's his first TV appearance since Leno which I was also very excited about.

When is the night in your strange land? :mf_rosetinted:

O gosh.

Babspanky i know we've never "talked" but I LOVE YOU.:roftl:

You are hilarious.

Night in this strange land is in about 6 to 7 hours.:naughty:

Mika's performance on SYTYCD is in 7 hours and 42 minutes.

^^not that i'm counting:mf_rosetinted:

(i know everyone must be getting pretty annoyed by now 'cause he's only performing ONE song and we'll see him only for about 5 minutes but trust me, it is a huge deal since he's never talked about and is hardly never seen in the U.S "scene". So let us make a big deal about it and enjoy it. :) )

O gosh.

Babspanky i know we've never "talked" but I LOVE YOU.:roftl:

You are hilarious.

Night in this strange land is in about 6 to 7 hours.:naughty:

Mika's performance on SYTYCD is in 7 hours and 42 minutes.

^^not that i'm counting:mf_rosetinted:

Well that is very much night here so I will read your reports in the morning, which is in 12 hours. So soon!

The day has finally arrived! I am very excited to see him on TV for the first time!

*getting VCR ready*

:blink: i thought i was the only one in american with a vcr any more!!:roftl:

*gets vcr ready*

all i have to say for now is:

MIKAMIKAMIKAMIKAMIKAMIKAMIKAMIKA

AAHHHHHH!!! SSSSOOOOOOO EXCITEDDD!!!!!!!:roftl:

OK, i'll stop for now, wait til you see me tonight!!!:bleh:

BEWARE:mf_rosetinted:

I've seen him on TV a few times and I recorded Leno because I'd just seen him live a couple of days before that so I knew exactly who he was. But you know, everyone goes on Leno. It's not that big of a deal. He does a couple of hundred shows a year.

I've been looking forward to SYTYCD since it was announced. I think it's a better opportunity for him than anything he would ever be offered in the US before he sells a couple of million albums.

You're right Christine. SYTYCD doesn't have many musical guests on during the season, so it's a special opportunity. They usually pick acts that are fresh and crowd pleasing, so it is nice that they view Mika in this way. I'm so glad they included him, and I'm sure they won't regret it.

Oh yay!!! :woot_jump:

I'm soooooo excited!!

I'm a big fan of SYTYCD

wiiiiiiiie!!

But in Sweden we are so behind. Last night was when they decided the top 20 - so I guess it's gonna be a while before I see him :sad:

anyway - this is great exposure for him. And we all want him to do good in America (so maybe he'll feel more confident about his american fans and he decides to come to Scandinavia :biggrin2: [yes, I know. I'm too hopeful :bleh:])

:blink: i thought i was the only one in american with a vcr any more!!:roftl:

*gets vcr ready*

GIRL please! :roftl: That's all I have, me and my broke high school butt. :naughty:

I'm not taking the risk of recording it instead of watching live because our VCR flips out all the time. :blink:

I think it's in the last half hour, so between 9:30 and 9:45 probably.

I think now that they're down to the top 10 the voting is individual (instead of pairs), so it's *possible* they will change the format of the show tonight. I don't know if the judges are still deciding who goes home at this point. I can't remember what happened last year.

Chances are he'll still be on in the latter half of the show though.

i'm recording it on DVD so i know it's possible to put it on my computer,

but the thing is, i have no idea how lol...

i'll try and figure it out so i can post it on youtube for everybody who can't watch it!! i'll try!! lol

AHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! :DDDD

I have a DVD-R, too, and I'm going to use a DVD-RAM Disc, which is compatible with computers. I just don't know if my computer drive will read DVDs, So I might be able to if I figure it out as well. Maybe I'll play around with it in advance if I get time.

'

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME SEEING MIKA ON TV!!!

I think now that they're down to the top 10 the voting is individual (instead of pairs), so it's *possible* they will change the format of the show tonight. I don't know if the judges are still deciding who goes home at this point. I can't remember what happened last year.

Chances are he'll still be on in the latter half of the show though.

He better be on the last half or I might just fly down there and yell at him. :roftl:

Oh no, I just looked it up and apparently the viewers vote off each member of the top 10. Do they do it like American Idol and when they're down to the bottom 2 have a performance and then read the results? *prays*

Hmm...... judging by my calculations, I still have time to get to San Fran International, hop on a LA-bound 747, hitch hike to the SYTUCD studio, snag a ticket from a scalper, and slink in just in time to lose my voice shrieking, then crash at Aroyo Drive where my bro's dorm is.

Hm....