MADONNA and MIKA ???? Jul 27, 2007

KiteKat

:Update:

From Yahoo.fr/DrownedMadonna.com

Who knows... Madonna's new album got pushed for a 2008 release at this point after the leak of a new song with Pharrell wasn't exactly successful.

Thanks for the update... Who is Pharrell, by the way?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update... Who is Pharrell, by the way?

Pharrell Williams... He's an hip-hop singer/producer, who worked also with Britney for her third album (I'm A Slave For You, Boys...) and many, many others. His first effort with Madonna was the Live Earth song Hey You, which isn't exactly what I call a masterpiece, and the leaked song The Beat Goes On is absolutely terrible.

Please mind once again that the possibility for Madonna to work with Mika is just a rumour, at least until their record companies release a statement! So please, don't be either too afraid or too excited! lol

Pharrell Williams... He's an hip-hop singer/producer, who worked also with Britney for her third album (I'm A Slave For You, Boys...) and many, many others. His first effort with Madonna was the Live Earth song Hey You, which isn't exactly what I call a masterpiece, and the leaked song The Beat Goes On is absolutely terrible.

Please mind once again that the possibility for Madonna to work with Mika is just a rumour, at least until their record companies release a statement! So please, don't be either too afraid or too excited! lol

Thank you for clarifying that...:wink2:

Don't worry about me being too afraid or excited about the duet. I wouldn't mind it happened (though not particularly excited about it) but personally don't think it is likely because:

1., Mika denied a duet with Madonna in an interview a couple of months ago

2., I have a friend who works close Madonna's recording studio Madonna and saw (amongst others) Timberland and J. Timberlake when they were working with Madonna this summer. No mention of Mika at all - not surprising since he was on tour. So, when I hear the report he was seen there, I will know that it's true.

I think if he wants to work with her at all, he shouldn't do it now because his name would be overshadowed by Justin Timberlake's and Timberland's name on the album... so, it wouldn't be wise to do it now, but perhaps in the future... :cool:

• 2 months later...

Another little :Update: :

Madonnatribe.com reports that in the new Madonna album there will be, at this point, 5 songs produced by Timberlake and Timbaland and I quote:

There are five final songs that are produced by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland and that had their final mixing at "Hit Studios Miami" last week.

From what we have been told there's a song called "4 minutes to save the world" and it's an upbeat and very catchy hip-hop Madonna/Justin Timberlake duet.

Another song is called "Across The Sky". It has lots of acoustic guitars, the flow is very much like "The Power Of Goodbye" and sounds like a real hit.

Madonna is hiting really high notes there while Justin Timberlake is on back vocals.

The third song is titled "Dance Tonight", a funky mid-tempo tune, yet another Madonna/Justin duet, think "Rock Your Body" by Justin with the claps and everything, this apparently has the same structure as well.

"Even the devil wouldn't recognise you" is a fourth song. Amazing ballad, very "Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake in it's structure and Justin on back vocals on this one too.

The fifth song is named "Miles Away" and we have been told this is the THE BEST of the whole bunch. A hit written all over it.

Full of acoustic guitars, beautiful uptempo song ad Justin on back vocals again. The song structure may recall "Love Profusion", but it's much better.

Madonnatribe.com also quotes an interview with Stewart Price (the producer of her previous album), who was said at one point to have a role in this one too:

He also explains why he has not been involved on the production of the new album:

"She is doing a new album, but she wants to do an urban record this time that's not really kind of what I do, so she's hooked up with Pharrell and Timbaland and is doing that record at the moment which I think comes out next year."

Finally, Madonnatribe.com reveals that:

From what we have been told, the total number of tracks currently making the album is 13. It is interesting to note this reprises a "Madonna tradition" started exactly 10 years prior this new release, with the Ray Of Light album in March 1998.

Once again, these are still rumors, even if they come from a trustworthy website.

In the last few weeks Madonna was in LA working with Pharrell Williams again, so maybe the 8 remaining tracks of the album will be produced by him.

But the slight chance that Mika may be involved is still there... :roftl:

I really don't like Madona:thumbdown:

What's wrong with Madonna? Isn't it great if Mika is working with her? After all, she's been around forever and has a lot of influence. This would be good publicity for Mika, especially if Timberland is involved as well. That's another influencial guy. A talented producer and anything (or anyone) he touches turns to gold in the charts.

And Mika would be working with Madonna, not marrying her!! I think it's fantastic myself!! It's great he's making powerful frends.

There is a new forum, started by CordeliaMoon. Here's the link if you want to take a look.

http://mikacornor.proboards56.com/index.cgi

LOve today, from Marilyn

Another little :Update: :

Madonnatribe.com reports that in the new Madonna album there will be, at this point, 5 songs produced by Timberlake and Timbaland and I quote:

There are five final songs that are produced by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland and that had their final mixing at "Hit Studios Miami" last week.

From what we have been told there's a song called "4 minutes to save the world" and it's an upbeat and very catchy hip-hop Madonna/Justin Timberlake duet.

Another song is called "Across The Sky". It has lots of acoustic guitars, the flow is very much like "The Power Of Goodbye" and sounds like a real hit.

Madonna is hiting really high notes there while Justin Timberlake is on back vocals.

The third song is titled "Dance Tonight", a funky mid-tempo tune, yet another Madonna/Justin duet, think "Rock Your Body" by Justin with the claps and everything, this apparently has the same structure as well.

"Even the devil wouldn't recognise you" is a fourth song. Amazing ballad, very "Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake in it's structure and Justin on back vocals on this one too.

The fifth song is named "Miles Away" and we have been told this is the THE BEST of the whole bunch. A hit written all over it.

Full of acoustic guitars, beautiful uptempo song ad Justin on back vocals again. The song structure may recall "Love Profusion", but it's much better.

Madonnatribe.com also quotes an interview with Stewart Price (the producer of her previous album), who was said at one point to have a role in this one too:

He also explains why he has not been involved on the production of the new album:

"She is doing a new album, but she wants to do an urban record this time that's not really kind of what I do, so she's hooked up with Pharrell and Timbaland and is doing that record at the moment which I think comes out next year."

Finally, Madonnatribe.com reveals that:

From what we have been told, the total number of tracks currently making the album is 13. It is interesting to note this reprises a "Madonna tradition" started exactly 10 years prior this new release, with the Ray Of Light album in March 1998.

Once again, these are still rumors, even if they come from a trustworthy website.

In the last few weeks Madonna was in LA working with Pharrell Williams again, so maybe the 8 remaining tracks of the album will be produced by him.

But the slight chance that Mika may be involved is still there... :roftl:

Thank you for the update....:thumb_yello:

My conclusion is that it is an urban album (Madonna probably wants to repeat the success of Nelli Furtado) so Mika has 'no place' there....

Besides, in my humble opinion, Mika is looking to work with musicians who inspire him whilst Madonna seems to be aiming at creating the ultimate hit record.... Not the best match at the moment.:mf_rosetinted:

:Update:

From Drownedmadonna.com:

EXCLUSIVE - Drowned Madonna can tell you Madonna album listening party in details.

The room was decked out in a candy theme, champagne was being served, candy everywhere you look for everyone. The conference room it was held in was totally transformed.

There were red and white stripes & stools as the theme plus like colored bricks and lots of candy all over.

There were all Re-Invention Tour stage shots in the room including a big poster that may be the cover of the Lisbon DVD. No other photos of anything else, just RIT.

Madonna came at 5:30pm with Ingrid Casares and Guy Oseary, wearing all black - blouse, skirt, and boots. Liz Rosenberg was there of course, she is the one who organized the party and set up the theme.

Madonna sat on a couch with Liz Rosenberg and Ingrid Casares as the tracks played.

Madonna dictated what tracks would be played and specifically said they were not being played in any order.

She said she had just finished mixing the album a few days ago.

Madonna played "Candyshop," then "4 Minutes To Save The World" first. She then had a vote on which one would be the first single. She said many times throughout the session that the first single has yet ot be decided.

She is all about "Candy Shop" and looked upset and surprised there was a better reaction to "4 Minutes To Save The World".

"4 Minutes To Save The World" is like a dancey "Hey You". It goes something like "Hey girl, save the world...".

"The Beat Goes On" sounds NOTHING like the demo we heard. As we told you, it features Kanyes West. Madonna said it's not a single. Madonna made the song out to seem like a joke.

"Miles Away" and "The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" has then been played.

Many times she would not announce the names of songs before playing them but there were sogns with the following main hooks:

"She's Not Me" , "Feel It In My Heartbeat" and "Dance Tonight" .

There is also a song which Madonna called a "psychological mind f*ck" which questioned who was the master or slave, if youre walking the dog or the dogs walking you.

Finally, Madonna said there are thirteen tracks, but she only played 10 songs.

Once again no mention of Mika's involvement whatsoever but... there still could be! :naughty:

P.S.: the demos of Candyshop and The Beat Goes On leaked months ago and... THOSE SONGS S@CK!!! I really hope the final versions will sound NOTHING like the demos. They were so beneath her.

Madonna's music needs Mika's redemption!!!! :punk:

• 3 weeks later...

another quick update.

From Madonna's OFFICIAL fan club:

iconintro.jpg

Thanks to Drownedmadonna.com for the pic! :punk:

Has anyone heard the live recording of 4 Minutes To Save The World, Her Madgesty's next single featuring Timbaland&Timberlake? I JUST LOVE IT!!! :mf_lustslow:

• 1 year later...
not the song candy shop is included in the album hard candy mmm.

MIKA :shocked:involved in it I am somewhat confused:aah:

help me :blink:

:shocked: this old thread resurfaced?

i think mika has denied anything to do with this.

am i right?

To me it is quite clear:

Candy Shop on Madonna's Hard Candy album....was inspired by Mika :mf_rosetinted:

Hey, Madonna, What's the big idea?

:biggrin2:

Oh, those old rumours!

He's out of danger...for now. But she's always liening in wait, and she's always hungryyyy!!:aah:

Don't worry... he could handle turning down drinks with Debbie Harry, so he can cope with Madonna...:cool:

Wait a sec, lemme get this straight.

Madonna, Timberlake, Timberland, Pharrel AND Mika are all involved in ONE album?

There's only one thing I can say.

LMAO!!!