• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i prefer the video versions, and i like his dancing! :biggrin2:

here:

or here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqTEav9NCP8

didn't know that song before, and it's certainly not the kind of music i like... it's the first song mika sings that i don't like! :shocked: *mutes sound and watches his dancing* :naughty:

did he do any other new songs at somerset?

No, that was the only new one, although he did do 'Over My Shoulder'. :)

I personally thought his cover of 'You Got The Love' was great! :biggrin2: I really like that song anyway, and I think Mika certainly did it justice. I enjoyed the electronic sound he had going on there, but then I am rather a fan of electronic music :biggrin2:

No, that was the only new one, although he did do 'Over My Shoulder'. :)

I personally thought his cover of 'You Got The Love' was great! :biggrin2: I really like that song anyway, and I think Mika certainly did it justice. I enjoyed the electronic sound he had going on there, but then I am rather a fan of electronic music :biggrin2:

hehe, me too, I was born in the wrong decade! :naughty:

here:

didn't know that song before, and it's certainly not the kind of music i like... it's the first song mika sings that i don't like! :shocked: *mutes sound and watches his dancing* :naughty:

THOSE MOVES...:shocked: Amazingly gorgeous! WOW... Mika is... just wow:blush-anim-cl:

here:

It's also not exactly the muisic I usually listen to...and yes I prefer most of his other cover songs!! :wink2:

I've never heard this song before Mika's cover....I think it's Great!!! Love it!!!

10 thousand times better than "I want you back" really!!!!

it's amazing he can do great things with all kind of music: electro, pop, rock, opera!!!

genius!!

I think His 2nd album would be a big surprise!!!! I'd like to see him more in this electro/dance music really!!

ABSOLUTELY FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!

Another brilliant cover to add to the list: Sweet Dreams, Everybody's Talkin', Satellite, Hips Don't Lie, I Want You Back and now You've Got The Love. Mica is one of the few artists that I've come across who can consistently do covers as good if not better than the originals. In this case the original song was already fabulous and he did the seemingly impossible and made is even more so; his falsetto suited the song incredibly well! I also loved the little electronica remix sequence about 1:15 in! I couldn't sit still through it, I just had to dance!

I continue to be amazed by how versatile an artist he is: from opera to classic rock to powerpop to dance, he can do them all to perfection. While I'll always love his more thoughtful, piano-based works (e.g. Over My Shoulder, the acoustic version of Relax, Take It Easy, Intoxicated, etc.) the most, his dancier tracks (e.g. Relax, Take It Easy and now You've Got The Love) are very close seconds and his pop-rock tracks are very close thirds. :thumb_yello:

You know what the icing on the cake is? His awesome dancing. I challenge those who say "Mica is not a good dancer" to define what "good" is. Is it how well you follow a set of rules layed down by others and followed by yet more others? In my opinion, no. The beauty of his dancing is that it's not choreographed, it's not a prescribed set of moves, it's a physical expression of what he feels at that particular moment in time. There's no input from anyone else, it's 100% Mica and there are no language filters since dance is a universal language, it's a 100% direct communication. That's my definition of what "good" dancing is. ;)

Thank you for sharing those videos! They've made my evening. :original:

can't stand the original and I hate Mika's version even more :boxed:

Although I don't know the original (at least I can't remember it) I think Mika's version was quite annoying. Just when you thought it was over it started again. I'm absolutely not into this electronic stuff and hope that his second album won't develop in this direction. That would be awful. Sorry :blush-anim-cl: .

Edit: But his performance was nice to watch :naughty: