Mika Interview in TV Hits - July 2007

Becky

I saw Mika on the front cover so I had to buy it:naughty: Sorry if it's been posted.

TH: Hi Mika! What the best thing about summer?

M: The best thing about summer is how it totally transforms the city, it turns London into a completely different place and suddenly people smile and they're actuallynice to each other. It's amazing the effect it has on people.

TH: How would you spend a perfect summer day?

M: I would go to the park with my friends and just linger doing absolutly nothingnext to one of the big ponds, and then end up at the pub until closing time. That's exactly what I've done this week!

TH: What would you take in your picnic?

M: You know what? I'm quite a fan of Marks and Spencer. Anything you don't have to do anything to, just open it and it's there. I'm not a big fan of drinking in the summer 'cos it just kind of gets to your head and you end up falling asleep. I'm into the idea od renting a dog for a couple of days, how about that? Rentadog.com! I'd like a labradoodle please!

TH: But you said your perfectday would be doing nothing!

M: Oh no, that's okay, doing stuff for dogs is much more rewarding than doing stuff for humans. I'd just watch it run around [laughs]. It's much more rewarding than a tamagotchi anyway.

TH: What tunes soundtrack the summer for you?

M: There's nothing better than old Motown records. Loud enough for the whole park to hear, big Lebanese-style picnics. Burn a whole in the grass with your barbeque from B&Q [laughs]

TH: Are you going to any festivals this summer?

M: I will be going to most of the festivals in the world as I am performing at them.

TH: What's your festival attire?

M: Lots of Converse. Never wear white because you look awful within and hourbut wear lots of hats and accessories. You can wear things to a festival that you couldn't wear down to your high street without looking stupid.

TH: Are you goog at putting up a tent?

M: I'm absolutely rubbish at putting up a tent. I'm also the worst person to set up camp with 'cos I always want to be quiet and everyone stays up making noise at four o'clock in the morning. Who would have thought that would ever happen at a festival? They should have silent policies like at Bestival, they have quiet zones and you get thrown out for making too much noise, it's brilliant.

TH: Have you ever fallen over in the mud?

M: Oh yeah, big time. Not at a festival though. I managed to skip pretty much every rugby game at my school and by the time I actually got to one they decided to give me the initiation which involved me lying on the floor in the mud with everyone putting one foot on my back and I had to stay for 15 minutes. I couldn't breathe, I had it going up my nose.

TH: Have you ever had a surfing disaster?

M: Yes actually I have, I was convinced I was being followed by a shark but it was actually a piece of rubber-like tyre that was floating [laughs] It was about three years ago. I started screaming, running out of the water: 'Shark! There's a shark!' Then I realised it was a tyre.:roftl:

TH: Oh. Are you good at building sandcastles?

M: Yeah, I love doing that. You have to build it in just the right place, if you go too dry it falls apart and you go too wet then it's just a big disaster, it's all about choosing the right spot.

TH: What do you get up to on holiday?

M: I love driving around, but I don't know my way around so I bring a friend who does. There's nothing better than a good road trip with a healthy credit card, it's a very liberating experience. Preferebly someone else's credit card.

Quickfire questions:

Ice Cream or Ice Lolly?

Lolly, you can have as many as you want and get all hyperactive.

By the Pool or By The Sea?

Swimming pool. I hate fish, I get freaked out by it all, even though a shark is not a fish it's a mammal. Oh no, I've just been told that's wrong. A whale is a mammal, a dolphin is a mammal and a shark is a fish and that's why I hate them!

Summer Days or Summer Nights?

Summer afternoons

Barbeque On The Beach or Picnic In The Park?

Picnic In The Park

Speedos or Shorts?

Shorts definitely, too much information with Speedos! [Laughs]

• Like 1

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thank you for posting that! :roftl:

Too much information with Speedos. :lmfao: No, Mika, I would honestly have no problem with any information that you would decide to give me. :D

Mika sounds like such a fun person. :D

Aw, and that rugby thing! So sad!

Labradoodle. :roftl:

Too much information with Speedos. :lmfao: No, Mika, I would honestly have no problem with any information that you would decide to give me. :D

Hannah, you said EXACTLY what I was going to say! I completely agree with your statements! Poor Mika trying to avoid rugby and getting pushed in the mud :thumbdown: And Mika with a labradoodle? That might just be the cutest thing EVER! :thumb_yello:

fantastic! i spent ages looking at magazines and i CANT believe i missed this. Shame about all the mud fiasco though, that sounds awful, but he seemed happy and chirpy in this interview, it's not the same as "where are you from", "whats grace kelly about" etc. i much prefer these interviews because i never know what he's going to say. especially about the whole shark/tyre thing, that was hilarious rofl!

two comments:

- my idea of relax is EXACTLY the same

- we are listening to Motown collection in our family car at present! very enjoyable....

ok Mika! you never let me down! :thumb_yello:

thanks for posting, it was fab to read!

two comments:

- my idea of relax is EXACTLY the same

- we are listening to Motown collection in our family car at present! very enjoyable....

ok Mika! you never let me down! :thumb_yello:

thanks for posting, it was fab to read!

same: i LOVE picnic's! I had my very first one about two weeks ago with my cousin :D i think it would be 10 times better though with more than two people lmao xDDD

and i dont know what it is about animals running around freely and innocently...but it really makes you feel centred...and makes you appreciate the small things in life...I know it sounds stupid but I always feel such joy watching my rabbits hop skip and jump around the garden.

GIGLEMEMEHHEAHHAHDHAHHAHHAHKEKKELALAEHHAHAAHAHAH

Adorable. He is so silly.

I love his every answer!! His personality is just amazing!! I love the interviews where they ask these questions!!! Its sooo cuuteeyy!!

Hilarious. I love you mannn. love you. you. love.you. amazing. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

woop! thanks for posting!

loved it. i agree with caz..i prefer these interviews too! he's so fun!

i love it how he has so much in common with his fans...like that rent a dog thing..i was ach talking bout that yrsss ago and the sandcastle theory is very accurate, swimming pool ARE better :)...gahh loved it!!

i say the same about animals too...they r more rewarding!!

righty!

Thank you for posting! :biggrin2:

I really enjoyed this interview.

Labradoodle! :roftl:

woop! thanks for posting!

loved it. i agree with caz..i prefer these interviews too! he's so fun!

i love it how he has so much in common with his fans...like that rent a dog thing..i was ach talking bout that yrsss ago and the sandcastle theory is very accurate, swimming pool ARE better :)...gahh loved it!!

i say the same about animals too...they r more rewarding!!

righty!

I agree about that rent-a-dog thing! That would make SO much money, I think. I volunteer at my local animal shelter, and some of the dogs in there I just want to rent and take to the park or home with me for a while. :roftl:

I think he himself has so much more fun with this kind of interview too! he can answer whatever he wants to lol

and he's really a kid "TH: Oh. Are you good at building sandcastles?

M: Yeah, I love doing that. You have to build it in just the right place, if you go too dry it falls apart and you go too wet then it's just a big disaster, it's all about choosing the right spot."

:roftl:

I love interviews like this. :) Thanks for posting!

And as for the tyre thing, I can totally understand. I've done that so many times with plastic bags that look like jellyfish since I got stung a few years ago :thumbdown:

I agree about that rent-a-dog thing! That would make SO much money, I think. I volunteer at my local animal shelter, and some of the dogs in there I just want to rent and take to the park or home with me for a while. :roftl:

yeah...my idea first came up with puppies..u know u can rent them and then give them back and then i went on about renting dogs. i also had an idea about dog tracers. don't know if they have that now..prob do, i dunno. in our country there is a company called car search, that installs a device thingy into the car, so if stolen, it can be traced. so, i was much younger then and talked quite a lot lol, and i told the guy they should have one for animals and i went on about that lol...now i'm not so brave :boxed: