Big Chill Festival CANCELLED - August 3rd, 2007

Yoppappop

I'm talking to everybody and nobody.

I'm not gonna kill anybody.

I'm certainly not gonna prevent or forbid you from / to posting / post what you think either !

I just had to explode once. As usual... :wink2:

ewwww dont make a mess!! :bleh:

well, i am trying not to have an opinion on the mika cancelling situation, as i change my mind about it too often! one day, i wont care, others il be mad, and others il be sad for him!

i do think he is ill, a bit. he has been working hard, and is getting runned down!

it just feels like he is lying, and that is what is annoying people!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking to everybody and nobody.

I'm not gonna kill anybody.

I'm certainly not gonna prevent or forbid you from / to posting / post what you think either !

I just had to explode once. As usual... :wink2:

exactly why i called you annoying that time!i wanna explode at mika! not his management!but i wont cuz i luv him and i know itis not all his fault.:mf_rosetinted:

I think it's less the sheer number of gigs and more that they were all over the place in May and June--he was switching countries and often time zones nearly every day. If he wanted to do 20 UK dates in a row, then 10 France dates, and so on, I think he would have had an easier time of it. Back then he was also doing interviews between all his shows, so he was basically working 24-7. I do think that took a serious toll on him--I started to get worried when it began to show in his voice on some occasions. Did Paolo Nutini start off at this kind of pace, btw? Because I think if Mika worked up to it rather than being plunged in at once, he would have been able to handle it.

--Jack

P.S. Yop: :wub2:

Unfortunately Paolo doesn't have 5000 MFCers watching his every move like Mika does, so I'm not quite sure :roftl:

I do know that he has been all over the place since his album was released last year. His schedule was almost the same as Mika's in '07 as he came to test the waters in N. America in March playing some smallish venues just after a European run. Then he went back to the UK (I think?), then went on to summer festivals, which involves going back and forth between the UK to NA.

For instance he was promoting the Live Earth concert on the Today Show in NYC and 2 days later was playing the show at Wembley. He's also been to Australia this year.

He's been doing a ridiculous amount of promotion, especially in NA. He has done many more in-store and on-air performances in the US than Mika. He effectively puts on 1.5 shows a day whenever he's in a city. That's one of the things he complains about because he enjoys his night-time gigs but he never anticipated all the promotional stuff he was going to have to endure morning, noon and night.

Unlike Mika he seems to be very introverted and he doesn't have an entourage of friends and family with him, so I feel really bad for him. It seems like a kind of crappy life. :thumbdown:

Poor Paolo then. :sad:

I think Mika started off equally strong and then stuff happened. I don't know if it's just that he wasn't used to the touring pace yet or caught something, but yeah. This is obviously not how it was planned to go. Assuming he doesn't break his health now, I think he'll be able to carry it all off more effectively in the future, and maybe in a few years he'll be able to do nonstop touring without any fuss. (He would hopefully have better planning and more appropriately scheduled breaks then.)

--Jack

Edit: just looked up Paolo's schedule--it's less intense than Mika's earlier one (but you say his own earlier one was more intense as well), but most notably it's smarter. Gigs are arranged in much better order by country, with understandable breaks for travel and recuperation: one day every so often for a rest, two days between shows that are far apart, like Philadelphia and Texas or Texas and California. It's also more practical geographically--he works his way down a country, and then works his way back up, then dips into the middle and so on. Mika's breaks were totally haphazard, and he was being bounced all over with hardly sense or reason. This is what I mean about bad planning.

Poor Paolo then. :sad:

I think Mika started off equally strong and then stuff happened. I don't know if it's just that he wasn't used to the touring pace yet or caught something, but yeah. This is obviously not how it was planned to go. Assuming he doesn't break his health now, I think he'll be able to carry it all off more effectively in the future, and maybe in a few years he'll be able to do nonstop touring without any fuss. (He would hopefully have better planning and more appropriately scheduled breaks then.)

--Jack

Edit: just looked up Paolo's schedule--it's less intense than Mika's earlier one (but you say his own earlier one was more intense as well), but most notably it's smarter. Gigs are arranged in much better order by country, with understandable breaks for travel and recuperation: one day every so often for a rest, two days between shows that are far apart, like Philadelphia and Texas or Texas and California. It's also more practical geographically--he works his way down a country, and then works his way back up, then dips into the middle and so on. Mika's breaks were totally haphazard, and he was being bounced all over. This is what I mean about bad planning.

he definitely needs to switch management...like, having Paolo's team instead :biggrin2:

lol okay maybe not his exactly, but Mika's team either need to pick themselves up or they'll be replaced. well, they should be anyway in my eyes.

Mika's breaks were totally haphazard, and he was being bounced all over. This is what I mean about bad planning.

No, you're right about that. It was stupid. They should have held back on releasing LICM in North America for several months until he had finished supporting it with a tour in Europe.

Even without the illness, he hasn't been able to concentrate on North America properly and it's not helping things in the US. He should have released the album maybe around June, done some US festivals and TV promo to get his name out there and done a fall tour to try to really get things off the ground.

This was all a bit of a cock-up and they've been lucky that the album has taken off of its own accord in Canada and some countries in Europe with very little back up from him.

No, you're right about that. It was stupid. They should have held back on releasing LICM in North America for several months until he had finished supporting it with a tour in Europe.

Even without the illness, he hasn't been able to concentrate on North America properly and it's not helping things in the US. He should have released the album maybe around June, done some US festivals and TV promo to get his name out there and done a fall tour to try to really get things off the ground.

This was all a bit of a cock-up and they've been lucky that the album has taken off of its own accord in Canada and some countries in Europe with very little back up from him.

VERY lucky IMO...although Chubby Bunny may have helped :wub2::blush-anim-cl::naughty:

exuse me?i cant wait for a cd by mika!im glad it was released in the usa at that time!still i agree...bad timing.:biggrin2:

Yop I certainly agree, although I think your post did sound very angry lol!

indeed the management are just doing their job, and sometimes (or mostly) rather badly as you did point out. Three gigs in one day certainly does call for disappointment and I do believe they are treating him badly.

I have noticed however that you do get groups of people who say "come here!" and then contradict themselves by saying "Mika you should rest!"

We all want him let's face it (I didn't mean it in THAT way) but as shown above, he can't be in several places at the same time, and neither can he fly around, hopping one country to the next in such a short space of time. That's "disaster" staring in the face and if his management don't realise that then they're thick.

Pfft, I mean, they must know that surely, but I sure as Hell don't know wtf they're playing at.

We all know they're doing their job, but we also know they're making a mess of things too, for Mika AND the fans, and I don't mean to say this horribly and I'm not aiming this at you, Yop, or anyone in particular, but we have a right to complain.

Oh but it WAS an angry post ! Although i had sworn to myself i wouldn't be angry anymore because of this fuss... But this was the last time :bleh:

exactly why i called you annoying that time!i wanna explode at mika! not his management!but i wont cuz i luv him and i know itis not all his fault.:mf_rosetinted:

So what am i supposed to understand ?

According to what you quoted, i'm annoying because :

i'm not gonna kill anybody

i'm not gonna prevent anybody from posting their opinion

i'm not bullying one person in particular but just ranting at the whole situation

i'm exploding, like you said you were doing

??? :blink: Is it that bad ???

Oh but it WAS an angry post ! Although i had sworn to myself i wouldn't be angry anymore because of this fuss... But this was the last time :bleh:

So what am i supposed to understand ?

According to what you quoted, i'm annoying because :

i'm not gonna kill anybody

i'm not gonna prevent anybody from posting their opinion

i'm not bullying one person in particular but just ranting at the whole situation

i'm exploding, like you said you were doing

??? :blink: Is it that bad ???

i wasnt talking about that silly!!!! i was talking about the time you said my thread was a repeat and i called you annoying(like 2 weeks ago)!haha!i wanna have an outburst like you too!

Sorry, too tired to give my opinion in a proper way - and most things are already said in a better way than I could do it myself.

Just popping in to catch up with all the posts - and to tell Mika Mad, Avoca and the other MFC members at Big Chill that I feel gutted for you all.

I think there is more going on than we know about. And I think an official statement would be the best thing 'THEM' could do at the moment to clear things up.

excuse me???does that make a difference!i wasnt talking about that anyways!thanks for making me feel like a peice of shat!you made my day!:wink2::biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

I didn't mean to make you feel bad, but yes, it usually does make a difference. You and Yop, and you and Christine are simply not coming from the same worldview, and that's important to keep in mind if you're going to argue. There are all sorts of assumptions at work that need to be addressed. Sometimes when I talk to some older members here, for instance, I'm aware that I'm being naive at 24 too, you know.

Edit: for instance, no offense, but talking about how you can't stand your peers 'cause they're so immature and you're the grown-up one is something that only a youngling would do. :wink2:

--Jack

She's 12.

--Jack

ok

i wasnt talking about that silly!!!! i was talking about the time you said my thread was a repeat and i called you annoying(like 2 weeks ago)!haha!i wanna have an outburst like you too!

ok

EDIT : and yes, it does make a difference, otherwise, there wouldn't be ages restirctions for some things. Age matters, no matter how old you are. She didn't mean it in a bad way, and i don't either.

And that would barely barely change the way i would tell you things :biggrin2: (that was for CazGirl :wink2: Grrrrrr...)

And i wrote the "ok" just because i don't wanna start any discussion and / or argument about that. Not to make you feel like sh*t and not because of what Jack said.

Like i said, i said what i wanted to and go on. I'm done with it !

excuse me???does that make a difference!i wasnt talking about that anyways!thanks for making me feel like a peice of shat!you made my day!:wink2::biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

well i must say i thought you were 15 at least. i dnt know why.

i dont think jack meant it at all in a horrible way.

Sometimes Yop gets very carried away in her posts and CAN sound sarcastic/vicious and in your case, "annoying" but that doesnt necessarily mean to say she MEANS to attack people personally (although sometimes it can be different lol, Yop is just very opinionated, not that it makes it right to post such angry posts regularly..i personally think Yop needs some anger management :naughty:) and so by saying you were 12, I think Jack meant that Yop should go a bit easy on you with what she says. Some 12 years old can crumble at some nasty things...heck, even some adults here crumble under Yop's claws (she's a Sphynx, see). While you may be able to defend yourself, Jack was just demonstrating a point that you may be more sensitive than other people.

I didn't mean to make you feel bad, but yes, it usually does make a difference. You and Yop, and you and Christine are simply not coming from the same worldview, and that's important to keep in mind if you're going to argue. There are all sorts of assumptions at work that need to be addressed. Sometimes when I talk to some older members here, for instance, I'm aware that I'm being naive at 24 too, you know.

Edit: for instance, no offense, but talking about how you can't stand your peers 'cause they're so immature and you're the grown-up one is something that only a youngling would do. :wink2:

--Jack

i was exagerating!i do have friends that are more mature but by me being mature i mean im more my own person.i dress the way i want.im not afraid what ppl think of me.yes i am young but you dont know what i have gone through that has made me more mature!:mf_rosetinted:

I think Jack meant that Yop should go a bit easy on you with what she says. Some 12 years old can crumble at some nasty things...heck, even some adults here crumble under Yop's claws (she's a Sphynx, see). While you may be able to defend yourself, Jack was just demonstrating a point that you may be more sensitive than other people.

Yeah, that was basically my point. I was also replying to Christine, since she can be egdy and harsh as well. Mind you, I love it. :mf_rosetinted: But not everyone might...

If it helps, if you were 15, I would've just said "She's 15." :bleh:

I am very glad that you dress the way you want. And I wasn't saying you're not more mature than your peers, necessarily. (You do seem older than 12.) But the age difference between 12 and mid-20s and mid 30s, or even teenagehood and mid-20s is still a difference. In some ways the difference between 18 and 22 is more than that between 12 and 16.

--Jack

i was exagerating!i do have friends that are more mature but by me being mature i mean im more my own person.i dress the way i want.im not afraid what ppl think of me.yes i am young but you dont know what i have gone through that has made me more mature!:mf_rosetinted:

we're not asking for your life story sweetie lol, did you read my post?

Yeah, that was basically my point. I was also replying to Christine, since she can be egdy and harsh as well. Mind you, I love it. :mf_rosetinted: But not everyone might...

--Jack

i think people have to be "in on it" to understand them lol. if u come in randomly then yeah, people will take offence...