Big Chill Festival CANCELLED - August 3rd, 2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i must say i thought you were 15 at least. i dnt know why.

i dont think jack meant it at all in a horrible way.

Sometimes Yop gets very carried away in her posts and CAN sound sarcastic/vicious and in your case, "annoying" but that doesnt necessarily mean to say she MEANS to attack people personally (although sometimes it can be different lol, Yop is just very opinionated, not that it makes it right to post such angry posts regularly..i personally think Yop needs some anger management :naughty:) and so by saying you were 12, I think Jack meant that Yop should go a bit easy on you with what she says. Some 12 years old can crumble at some nasty things...heck, even some adults here crumble under Yop's claws (she's a Sphynx, see). While you may be able to defend yourself, Jack was just demonstrating a point that you may be more sensitive than other people.

thank you cazgirl.im used to not crumbling.and what i said to yop happend like last monday. im annoying a lot also!lol!i rlly cant crumble because im used to the sarcastic but mean comments my parents make.not just towards me!lol!actually most go to mika......anywho im proud to be 12!and i just was getting defensive because some1 on the other forum once made me feel like an unimportant mikafan.that member is a member here also!no names no names!:biggrin2:

was trying to break the tension.. if there was any! and lighten the mood?! :blink:

oh. hahaha! im very slow like that xD

thank you cazgirl.im used to not crumbling.and what i said to yop happend like last monday. im annoying a lot also!lol!i rlly cant crumble because im used to the sarcastic but mean comments my parents make.not just towards me!lol!actually most go to mika......anywho im proud to be 12!and i just was getting defensive because some1 on the other forum once made me feel like an unimportant mikafan.that member is a member here also!no names no names!:biggrin2:

fair do's, at least we know now :)

haha!im serious though!how old are you?in your pic you look hmmmm....17 maybe???im rlly serious you are very nice and understanding!you would make a good teacher or guidance counselor!:biggrin2:

i turned 18, day Big Girl was released :)

lol it's not surprising i'm understanding, I've had a lot to deal with myself *Very long story and very off topic*

but i am quite a naive and innocent person when it comes to the "real world"...I can look at things in the most innocent ways, I can always see the good in bad things. That's just how I am. I don't know how i got that way LOL

i turned 18, day Big Girl was released :)

lol it's not surprising i'm understanding, I've had a lot to deal with myself *Very long story and very off topic*

but i am quite a naive and innocent person when it comes to the "real world"...I can look at things in the most innocent ways, I can always see the good in bad things. That's just how I am. I don't know how i got that way LOL

me too!i had a science teacher who was a lot like mika last year and she was rlly obsessed w/ me cuz i was optimistic!lol! i have a story too that is off topic!loL! we are even off topic right now!im off topic a lot!lol! i lovelove to be off topic(srry too much iced coffee this morning i guess!lol!)

me too!i had a science teacher who was a lot like mika last year and she was rlly obsessed w/ me cuz i was optimistic!lol! i have a story too that is off topic!loL! we are even off topic right now!im off topic a lot!lol! i lovelove to be off topic(srry too much iced coffee this morning i guess!lol!)

lol head over to the girls thread. we have no topic whatsoever! atm we're talking about animals and which celebrities we apparently look like :naughty:

Yeah, that was basically my point. I was also replying to Christine, since she can be egdy and harsh as well. Mind you, I love it. :mf_rosetinted: But not everyone might...

What? How did I get dragged into this? :shocked:

Guess now you're starting to understand how the mod thing might not be such a great idea :naughty:

I think I've only taken on a youngling once, but she was patronizing me. She was much older than 12 though.

What? How did I get dragged into this? :shocked:

Guess now you're starting to understand how the mod thing might not be such a great idea :naughty:

I think I've only taken on a youngling once, but she was patronizing me. She was much older than 12 though.

okay......hmmmm...edgy is awesome though i get called edgy by jack i am not in reality.im actually a teachers pet-goody two shoes girl....usually......:roftl: haha! im serious!well that is at school and it is summa time!zap!zap!

okay......hmmmm...edgy is awesome though i get called edgy by jack i am not in reality.im actually a teachers pet-goody two shoes girl....usually......:roftl: haha! im serious!well that is at school and it is summa time!zap!zap!

No no, I was calling Christine edgy! I was gambling that she wouldn't take it as an insult. But you know, she is older and more mature than me, so she wouldn't spat about it even if she did! :mf_rosetinted: (She is more mature, though. I know I've looked back at myself at 14, 16, and so on and cringed, and I'm pretty sure when I'm 34, I'll find plenty of things to cringe about in regards to my current self.)

--Jack

P.S. Ironically, my last few posts on this thread have been quite immature. :blush-anim-cl:

u are more mature than me:mf_rosetinted:

And here I just acknowledged that it was petty of me to say some of what I did say to you, haha. :bleh: I will admit that the comment about your peers and you being a youngling was uncalled for, and was me being--quite immaturely--passive aggressive. :naughty:

--Jack

And here I just acknowledged that it was petty of me to say some of what I did say to you, haha. :bleh: I will admit that the comment about your peers and you being a youngling was uncalled for, and was me being--quite immaturely--passive aggressive. :naughty:

--Jack

thanks.:mf_rosetinted:

haha! as i said call me what you want i dont rlly care...well i guess i did...well now i dont!haha!i quite immaturly called yop annoying but hey im 12.im aloud.and you have no excuse!:mf_rosetinted:

OK!! Beware, long post!

With tons of quoting to make it easier for me to remember what I wanted to say, hehe!

READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

This is getting weirder and weirder. A throat infection fit to ruin his carreer? Now that would explain the cancellations but not the gigs that have taken place or will be in between. Oh God, please, 'them', if there is a health problem, let him sort it out just like normal people tend to do it. And if not, just stop fooling people.

Well, I think that it actually makes a lot of sense.

Like others have said before, they are desperately trying to keep 'some' shows on; The question is probably: "how many do we need to cancel", and obviously the ones deemed less 'crucial' are the ones that suffer.

In the 'real' world (ie, business) this often also means that they will cancel the shows that make them lose less money.

If a 'tour' show is cancelled, they need to refund money,reschedule,and in short, it becomes a nightmare.

Also, more 'fans' are usually affected because every person who bought a ticket bought it solely to see Mika.

I mean, come on, let's face it:how many people buy a gig ticket because they like the warm up act?

This is obviously a different situation when it comes to Festivals (which I already commented on before at length so I won't bore you again)

Great post Sariflor! I agree that this has got to be tough on Mika too. I really don't want to see all of this hurt Mika's career. He's worked so hard. He needs to take care of himself so he can continue to do what he's always dreamed of.

It's a terrible situation all around.

Thanks a lot DaMango, that is very sweet .

I am aware of the fact that I only became active in this forum very recently so you guys don't really know me, but I consider myself very much a 'principles' person and the truth and justice are very important to me.

And even if I may sometimes sound 'argumentative' in posts it's cause, like many others here, I feel strongly about things and I try and portray them as best as I can.

I really hope I don't ever offend anyone with my posts but if I do please let me know and I apologize in advance; a debate is one thing and bullying a different one, LOL!!

Anyway , back to 'business', all I really want to do is give my view on how this sort of situation can affect both sides and how we may forget how bad it must feel for Mika himself.

At the end of the day, everyone here (myself included!) think that we have the right to comment left right and center about him, and we probably forget that he IS human and that he has feelings.

So yes, I am sure that he is suffering about this too. He's a gentle, sensitive person, and he'd have to be made of stone for this not to affect him.

Oh wow. Geez. I'm so sorry for avoca and everyone else (but especially for avoca! She prepared so long for this!)

But I think this proves that Mika really is having health problems of some kind, maybe the very throat/ear infection (did it go from ear to throat? possible...) they keep talking about, or if not something else. I'm thinking it really is that, and he just gets medicated up on planes to make the "big" events, which of course only leaves him in worse shape afterward. As Christine pointed out somewhere else, he's obviously just cancelling everything now, except the select can't-be-missed shows. I doubt the sickness is quite as drastic as they tend to say (like his pneumonia, ha), but it probably does endanger his voice, and he cancels as many shows as he can to allow himself to rest up so as to be able to sing the can't-miss ones.

Totally agreed.

This is still quite a mess, because they do need to make an official announcement if it continues that way! But they won't...

To be fair, I think that the only 'official announcment' that they may need to make is IF they cancelled one of his tour shows for which people buy tickets exclusively for Mika.

And then again, I am sure that something along the lines of 'this needs to be rescheduled due to illness' is probably what is usually done in these cases, not actually giving a lot of detail on the sickness itself, such as: has he gone to the doc, has he had a swab taken off his throat, did he forget his antibiotics today, have they taken his temperature up the a** or in the mouth, etc, etc (you get my drift)

I'm thinking he's going to try to carry along as best he can till August, and then he will rest in Sept. At this point I think the US tour may be postponed till later in the year to allow him a break, since no dates have yet been announced and it's getting to be rather the 11th hour. And if no September US dates are ever announced, let's please not whine about that!!!! That would make me relieved for his sake, personally.

I REALLY,REALLY HOPE SO!!

I think that scheduling a September tour would be utter madness now.

And also the fact that this has not been officially confirmed...when they have booked dates until December, well I think it kind of speaks for itself, doesn't it?

SECOND PART_ I HAD TO CUT CAUSE IT WAS TOO LONG!

Of course, I used to think that he'd muddle through the July cancellations and then take a real break in August, but they added more shows anyway... but maybe they thought that whatever it is he has would go away if he just got more down time in between gigs, and hopefully now they see that's not enough, and hopefully, hopefully they'll do something about it in Sept.

--Jack

DITTO

this "illness" of his has been going for at least two months though.

isnt it about time he went to the doctor?

Should I really even comment on this???

I think he's hit a wall and they don't have a choice. Unless he really gets back to 100% in the next couple of weeks they can't go ahead with a September tour. It will seriously jeopardize not only his health, but the dates he already has scheduled in Europe. It's better to postpone dates that haven't been announced yet than forfeit more shows in the future.

They made a mistake a few weeks ago gambling that he would be better by now, but hindsight is 20/20. It's become impossible to ignore now. I'm sure Mika doesn't want to dig himself in any deeper. This whole thing must be a nightmare for him, physically and emotionally.

Again, I totally agree with this ,well said.

Big Chill - THROAT

Canada - EARS

at least they could say ENT and cover it all again

(Nibe - throat, then ears when questioned about secret gig, then pneumonia, then ears when questioned about Oxegen, but the medical statement said recovering from chest infection..)

Nope it doesn't add up, sorry

I think that it does add up.

Like someone else said (sorry, I forget who, was it Violet Sky, or Jack, or Christine?? Or someone else??)

Anyway these ear/throat/nose infections are often categorised as one because they DO interact and move from one to another very easily.

So yes, it does add up to me, that he can have ongoing problems that affect his throat, then his chest, then he gets a bit better but not 100 % recovered, and at the same time his ears are also bad, etc etc.

No, I don't think that he had pneumonia (but obv I don't know!) but he could have very well have had a recurring infection that just won't clear.

The pneumonia story was probably a press invention anyway...for all that we know!

It is a proven fact that stress lowers one's immune system, which obviously makes people fall sick more and recover less well from illness.

All the travelling with this crazy schedule, hopping timezones all the time without proper rest, his physically intense shows, his lack of sleep, his probably less than ideal diet while travelling......I mean gosh, how could that NOT affect him?

I'm not being funny, but (and Kata, I know that it wasn't you who commented on this, I am just continuing my rant here, hehe) someone compared his schedule to another singer......To me that is pointless for so many reasons.

First of all, people are all slightly different,which means that what affects one may not necessarily affect another.

And secondly, has anyone actually compared how much more Mika gives in his gigs than other artists? It totally hit me when I watched Glastonbury. Some singers didn't even sing properly, they just half-hearted walked around sort of speaking to the mike!

Mika gives 200 % in each gig and he ends up sweating buckets.

High intensity physical activity like that acts as *yet* another stress for the body, lowering one's defences (and this is a fact).

Anyway I could go on and on but that would be terribly unfair on the poor people who decide to read my post (thank you if you made it so far!!).

I suppose I just want to say: give him a break.

Let's stop looking at if from the selfish perspective of the fans who want to enjoy him and see him as the person Mica that's behind it. He is tired, he is sick, and he is not able to recover fully because he has this huge pressure on him to succeed, to make it, and not to disappoint.

Should we add to it by throwing accusations around and judge him not knowing the facts?

So far, I would like to ask: is there one single person here who has actually SEEN this medical certificates stating the reasons for his sickness or cancellations?

All that we're doing here is working on assumptions (‘reports’ from unchecked sources,etc) and that is always a dangerous game to play.

This is terrible, I have only just started to read the news as I have been at work today. I wonder what Mika would say if he knew just how much time effort not to mention the hard earned cash that has been more or less wasted by some of his loving and loyal fans, it really seems so unfair, the disappointment is immense for these people, I wish there was some way of making "THEM" sit up and take notice of the upset "THEY" have caused some of best fans a guy could have.

I go back to my post about 'Festival rules', where it is clear that if one buys a ticket for a Festival they are accepting the risk that any artist may end up not performing and they will not be refunded for it.

Just a fact of life/festivals.

(also I don't want to rule out if there IS some medical or physiological reason that Mika couldn't do these festivals then I wish him well, but it sure looks suspicious that they are only festivals getting the chop).

As I said above, it makes sense that if they think they need to cancel a few, they only cut the Festivals.

AGREED! An apology is the LEAST they could do! This is getting expensive and Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! And HOW CAN HE PERFORM IN NEW YORK????

IT makes NO sense to me...this is my interpretation!

Same!! Plus let me remind you: NY is a free concert.

It has many artists playing, hence it 'smells' of festival...But still because it's the Us and national TV, I am sure that it's high on the priority list if he can even barely make it...

I think it's less the sheer number of gigs and more that they were all over the place in May and June--he was switching countries and often time zones nearly every day. If he wanted to do 20 UK dates in a row, then 10 France dates, and so on, I think he would have had an easier time of it. Back then he was also doing interviews between all his shows, so he was basically working 24-7. I do think that took a serious toll on him--I started to get worried when it began to show in his voice on some occasions.

--Jack

Exactly what I was trying to say! Jack,you hit the nail on the head.

P.S. Yop:

I'm talking to everybody and nobody.

I'm not gonna kill anybody.

I'm certainly not gonna prevent or forbid you from / to posting / post what you think either !

I just had to explode once. As usual...

I think Yop that, (if you allow me to say this) even though the way you said it was not the most diplomatic in the world, you made very good points in your post, and I agree with the majority of it myself.

That is, the long post that you made 'in anger' just before the quoted one.

And before I do bore you all to death, I will go.....

Thanks everyone for listening

Remember it’s only my opinion

I wish somebody who really knows would come and tell all the truth about Mika's health, gig cancellations, the stuffed schedule and everything else. Naive, I know :mf_rosetinted:

like mika?i think he should take the resonsibilty to at least tell the mods what is going on and they can report back to us:mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

:naughty::naughty: you lot crack me up some days, I'm hoping you have all taken you chill pills, caffeine, earl grey, chocolate or just your daily dose of LiCM, whatever it is that floats your boats and makes you all yellow mellow :biggrin2::cheerful_h4h:

OK!! Beware, long post!

With tons of quoting to make it easier for me to remember what I wanted to say, hehe!

READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

lol by gum so it was, dunno how I managed to get to end or it, :bleh: good points and from all though and I just want to add this, it makes me feel a little uneasy when ppl have a "go" at Mika about it all cos we don't know the facts and probably never will, yeah it would stop us all having these gigantic conflabs about it, but it's not likely to happen as Sariflor says he isn't likely to go into details about how many pills the doc suggests he takes a day etc, and I guess he shouldn't have to, we aren't his family after all, though I get the feeling some ppl think they are near as dam it to being, (yeah in dreams lol).

:wink2: I do think he has some great fans though who are prepared to travel across oceans and spend their life savings on another Mika gig, (not sure I could get away with that, I have a family who are demanding, or who knows how my obsession could get out of hand :bleh: ), in a perfect world it would all be hunky dory but this is real life and no body ever says life its easy...and I think I will just naff orf now before I prattle on and waffle for England.

Peace love group hugs to you all etc etc blah blah xxx. :flowers2::flowers2:

especially to Mika he's too sweet and lovely to be ill and LETS MAKE HIM A SCARF :thumb_yello: lol :wink2:

PS Sariflor you puppy is faberoonie and cutie.