Big Chill Festival CANCELLED - August 3rd, 2007

Yoppappop

I totally agree with you Sivan!!!

I may not get to see Mika next weekend but I do get to meet other people who are excited about him and his music as I am!! I just can't seem to convince my friends that Mika is amazing:thumbdown:

I think they are just jealous personally....:roftl:

my friends think the same!they say he sounds like a girl!lol!i have one friend who like Big Girl though.sorta ironic though because she weighs literally 5 pounds!lol!:biggrin2:

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BexxY, good to read that you (eventually) made it safe back home :wink2: - against all odds and locked car keys. No, I don't find that funny, I really feel for you. To me the car keys incident alone would have been enough to drive me mad (I have been there before, I know what I am talking about :thumbdown: )... let alone everything else that happened this weekend :thumbdown:

Also good to read that you are now in charge of the bday project (although I really think that avoca sooo deserved to be the one to bring it to an end.... but yes, this seems to be a sensible solution to the 'problem' - gosh, I really hope the guy will make up for that...)

So you have everything - card books, shirt and the CD too? Let's hope that the V gig will take place or that he will at least sort of appear there to pick up his stuff... we really learn to take nothing for granted these days...:blink:

Again, I'm really sorry although I know this doesn't help much. All I can say is tomorrow is another day, let's see what it brings... :wink2:

Well i am Back home now after such a BRILLIANT journey home :mf_rosetinted:

i only went and locked my car keys in my car while stopping for a loo break and i had to wait an hour to get rescued by the RAC :thumbdown:

Anyywayyss yup im dissapointed yup i will eventually get over it and yup i have the birthday project now in my care and hoping to somehow get it delivered to him at V festival (if he doesnt cancel it that it) :boxed:

Im very sunburnt tired and sore but what makes up for it all is meeting all the wonderful MFC members whom without im sure we would have all been reduced to tears :punk:

glad u got home safe bexx!!!

i just wanted to say a quick thx to all the wonderful ppl at big chill, i think we managed to keep it together well, considering. love and hugs to u all:wub2:

oh yeah and get well soon mika:mf_rosetinted:

oh yeah i forgot....get well soon mika :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

But violet sky i completely agree with you on that point Avoca definately deserved to be the one to give it to mika to see all the work she put into it and organising it the whole thing is seriously Breathe taking :thumb_yello:

SECOND PART_ I HAD TO CUT CAUSE IT WAS TOO LONG!

[/color][/b]

Remember it’s only my opinion

I'm not going to quote your whole post, it's too long.

I am just not interested in Mika's health or what his managment are up to. I don't care if people on this forum think we shouldn't have spent lots of money on a festival ticket when it's much easier for him to cancel festivals.

I do know that we spent our hard earned cash and expected to see the billed artists.

Poor Mika my ar5e, as Jim Royle would say. I have more sympathy for the kids at The Big Chill who were bitterly disappointed yesterday.

And for the record, we had a nice time. The MFCers were fabulous people, it was worth going for that alone.

I am just not interested in Mika's health or what his managment are up to. I don't care if people on this forum think we shouldn't have spent lots of money on a festival ticket when it's much easier for him to cancel festivals.

I do know that we spent our hard earned cash and expected to see the billed artists.

Poor Mika my ar5e, as Jim Royle would say. I have more sympathy for the kids at The Big Chill who were bitterly disappointed yesterday.

And for the record, we had a nice time. The MFCers were fabulous people, it was worth going for that alone.

nice staying positive!i would of screamed!:biggrin2:

Bexxy:

oh they say time will heal but right now im feeling really negative about it all who knows what is happening with Mika and his management and we could continue guessing Foever and eternity we may never know the truth and thats what hurts the most us fans being kept in the dark.

I agree about the guessing forever part and the being kept in the dark, maybe if they ever take their heads out of the sand or where it is they keep their heads these days, they may realize that THEY DO owe some ppl an apology, it would be nice to think they could somehow even make it up to some of them but I doubt that will happen.

I hope you DO get to give Mika the Bday project next gig and I'm sure you will tell him all about Avoca's story in it all, she deserves at least THAT much.

Don't know what else to say guys cos it's all gone rather poopy in here over the weekend, it's not been it's usual self the MFC and that is very sad indeed.

Hi,

No matter what I think about the reasons behind the cancellations, that still doesn't stop me from thinking that it does suck, and I DO feel for you guys and all the other people that have been affected by these.

I can only imagine that it must have been a huge disappointment, especially after all the hard work and love put into the present, and the money, etc,etc.

I just thought I'd say it for the record :o)

we are all grown ups here so im sure all of us who went to the Big chill and suffered this dissapointment WILL get over it in time but what people dont seem to realise is that there were small children really REALLY excited about seeing Mika who had to get told he wasnt coming and the looks on their faces was just heartbreaking ..... its probably the hardest thing that people had to do was sit and tell their 5 - 7yr old kids Mika wasnt coming :sneaky2:

we are all grown ups here so im sure all of us who went to the Big chill and suffered this dissapointment WILL get over it in time but what people dont seem to realise is that there were small children really REALLY excited about seeing Mika who had to get told he wasnt coming and the looks on their faces was just heartbreaking ..... its probably the hardest thing that people had to do was sit and tell their 5 - 7yr old kids Mika wasnt coming :sneaky2:

agreed!that is horrible!

I did not take part in the birthday project, to be honest, it's not my type of thing, but Avoca did show us, and it was absolutely fabulous. Every one was different, all bound up so beautifully in books with ribbons, and the CD that Violet Sky did too, so much effort and creativity went into in (and some money I guess) Oh and Aud's wonderful shirt!

Avoca only showed it to us this morning, then I felt even more angry that so many people had spent so much time and effort on this, and from what I understand, they did know that Avoca was going to give the present at The Big Chill, so ..........:sneaky2:

I did not take part in the birthday project, to be honest, it's not my type of thing, but Avoca did show us, and it was absolutely fabulous. Every one was different, all bound up so beautifully in books with ribbons, and the CD that Violet Sky did too, so much effort and creativity went into in (and some money I guess) Oh and Aud's wonderful shirt!

Avoca only showed it to us this morning, then I felt even more angry that so many people had spent so much time and effort on this, and from what I understand, they did know that Avoca was going to give the present at The Big Chill, so ..........:sneaky2:

i know!all his dissapointed fans...what a shame.....:mf_rosetinted:

i guess it's like taking candy from a baby. except the measure is more extreme (lol)

i actually think that going to see mika shows is just an excuse to meet new and fun people ;)

right? ;)

quite true! at the fête de la musique in paris we only saw Mika for 2 songs and still we didn't SEE that much, because we had some tall people in front of us :sneaky2:

but still it was one of the best nights of my life! and the main reason was NOT Mika! I think it was rather meeting other fans for the 1st time!! I'd never gotten along so well with people I had never met before in my life! it was just amazing!! we wouldn't want to go home until 5 am! it was so great hanging around in the streets of Paris all night long.... just talking about Mika and knowing the others wouldn't get bored of it :naughty:

hello this avoca at mika mad's house.

mika's show was great really.,. he even played stuck in the middle as i was hoping.. and he was SO glad of the gift.. oh wait.. maybe not.. :mf_rosetinted:

just here at mika' mad's house, the most adorable person, as babs, tia, bexxy and their kids and hubby. meeting them has been a REALLY fantastic gift. :wub2:

as for the rest.. I dunno what to say, I am just speechless. I'll try and digest it slowly... :mf_rosetinted:

also I see some posting has gone on and I need to read all posts before..

thx for everyone's support, a hug :wub2: full report (of the unexistant gig) when I am home...

a hug, to my long distance supporters robertina and kata

Glad to see you got to MM's OK! Fantastic to meet you too!

Hope you have a good nights sleep ( and a nice shower!!) and get home OK.

xxx

Hiya Babs. It's me now, the real Mika Mad!, but Avoca is here. We're glad that you're back too (and Bexxy). Is Tia back safely?

Hiya Babs. It's me now, the real Mika Mad!, but Avoca is here. We're glad that you're back too (and Bexxy). Is Tia back safely?

Yup, we've all been online now! Bexx locked herself out of her car on the way back and had to call the AA or RAC or whatever! But we are all home now.

Just about to slap some aftersun on and go to bed!