Will i ever get sick of "Life In Cartoon Motion"??

Sivan

the only time when this happened was when i was drawing the love today front cover (single) (see picture on myspace!) and it took so long i listened to the album four times in a row, it started playing for a fifth time about halfway through but then i had to have dinner....and when i came back up to try and complete it i was like "no i cant do this anymore" lol, i didnt want to end up getting sick of it, although i was getting slightly tired of it....come on man five times in a row thats pretty hardcore!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dozen or so albums that I have listened to literally hundreds of times over the years and have absolutely never grown tired of:

The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Cat Steven's The Very Best of Cat Stevens

INXS's Kick

Incubus' Morning View

Metallica's S&M

The White Stripes' White Blood Cells

Red Hot Chilli Pepper's Greatest Hits

Tori Amos's Scarlet Walk

Coldplay's A Rush of Blood To the Head

George's Polyserena

Scissor Sisters' Scissor Sisters

Scissor Sisters' Ta-Dah

...and now Mika's Life in Cartoon Motion might be added to that list.

The mark of a classic album is that you can listen to it from start to finish over and over again and enjoy every single track and never get tired.

Ill never get bored but dont listen to it 24/7 like I was , so many good albums out there to listen to , its one of my favs and album of the year :biggrin2:

Also with being on here and MYSPACE you cant help but here it every day :roftl:

Yeah, quite similar here!

At the beginning I had it on literally the whole day, and now I still listen to it daily (sometimes all the songs, sometimes I skip to the ones I feel like listening to at that moment), but all in all I am pretty sure that I will never get sick of it, the music is too good for that.

I do go in 'waves' so to speak so I have ups where I am more obsessed with something and then I tone it down a little, but it always picks up again after a short while.

What I do is I alternate listening to LICM, and the various recorded gigs, so I listen to the same songs (sometimes slightly different or added like Holy Johnny) but in different performances.

And I also listen to his interviews quite a lot, which I have loaded onto my mp3 player and even on cd's in the car.

What a freak I must be, LOL!!!

I am loving that australian one with Hamish and Andy at the moment, and always Roxerciseeeeeeeeeee!!

OMG... I was reading this thread, and I'm thinking "I really don't wanna listen to LiCM..." :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

And that's not the first time either... sometimes I can't lsiten to certain songs... I've tried mixing it up a bit, so I don't decide to hate all of Mika's songs... I've managed to put myself off some CDs that way...

Good thing is I'm listening to the remixes, demos and covers, so I'm still getting my Mika fix... :thumb_yello:

although there are some days where i don't like to listen to LICM, i always get back to loving it! :biggrin2: and there are certain songs that i ALWAYS enjoy listening to, like grace kelly, stuck in the middle or love today. i'm a bit fed up with big girl at the moment though, esp. the beginning with the slurping, i hear that when i go on mikasounds.com or mikamyspace, and it's started to annoy me, i really can't hear that damn slurping anymore! :sneaky2: and it's gonna be the next single in germany, guess that won't help, pfft!

i dont think its gonna happen.....

im listening to this CD since like February....

probably before that...

allmost EVERY DAY..... and still im loving EVERY tune on it....

hmmmmm :bleh::punk: :punk: :punk:

at the moment "RELAX" is on.... :punk:

here's the same ... cant stop listenig it :boxed::wub2:

Oh I'm never gonna be sick of these songs. NEVER! Ok, actually, I can't listen my interpretation and any other world, because I just can't. :(

I don't have CD, but I have some of his songs on my mp3. Love today, relax, grace kelly, my interpretation:naughty: (but I don't listen it :(), billy brown and erase.

I'm sure, very soon I'm gonna love again my interpretation and any other world, it's just a moment feeling.

(mikaisthebest)

sry, my english is baaaaad.

probably before that...

I played it once, twice...maybe 3 times in a day and never bore with it

although there are some days where i don't like to listen to LICM, i always get back to loving it! :biggrin2: and there are certain songs that i ALWAYS enjoy listening to, like grace kelly, stuck in the middle or love today. i'm a bit fed up with big girl at the moment though, esp. the beginning with the slurping, i hear that when i go on mikasounds.com or mikamyspace, and it's started to annoy me, i really can't hear that damn slurping anymore! :sneaky2: and it's gonna be the next single in germany, guess that won't help, pfft!

i LOVE the slurping bit

me and my friend were doin it rlii loud in a lesson

we got some strange looks lol

x

I cannot to live also day without songs MIKA ! When on work - I sing, if nobody sees - and I sing and I dance (here the heads would see!!!:boxed: ). And happens, that I punish myself - to myself I do not allow to listen MIKA . I suffer!!!! But to forbid to sing its songs at me it did not turn out yet. My native mummy wishes me to send to the psychiatrist. Because I all free time from work sit at a computer. I examine its photos, I go on sites (having though any attitude to darling MIKA ), listening to its songs is unceasing. In horror I understand, that surrounding me does not interest at all. Has cleaned on phone prompt from a photo of the native child! MIKA has borrowed all telephone memory. I can hurt only MIKA.

probably before that...

haha!i always worry about that.sometimes i take a break of it for a week or so...ya know listen to other ppl!lol!:biggrin2:

There are some songs on the album I've never been crazy about but I never get sick of Grace Kelly, Love Today and Relax, Take It Easy.

I just discovered an a capella version of Relax and it's currently on high rotation on my iTunes like I've never heard the song before.

Grace Kelly is one of my favourite songs of all time and I think it's Mika's musical masterpiece so I doubt I will ever tire of it.

You know what? I've wondered the same thing....

Since I discovered Mika in March, I have listened to nothing but LICM!!!!

Because of this album, I currently have about 20 CD's that I have bought since then that I still haven't listened to all the way through:roftl:

Why I buy them, I'll never know!! Nothing seems to compare to Mika!!

I agree! Sometimes I wonder the same thing too! I do not think that I could get through a day without LICM. I listen to it EVERYDAY. I listen all the wat to work...*an hour drive* I listen during my lunch HOUR and I listen ALL the way home. So that ALONE is three hours I listen every single day! Not to mention the fact that I listen at night as I work out. LICM is the BEST workout CD E-V-E-R! I have already lost 40 lbs. and this Big Girl is on her way to becoming a skinny girl who makes Mika feel like he is gonna die! :bleh:

I will NEVER get tired of LICM, and I am SURE when Mika releases another album- I will still be listening to LICM as well!!!!!!!