too much Mika love?

I find the worst is when Mika (or any artist, really) stays in one spot and the people in line to meet him are expected to file past. That's SO awkward. :aah: At least when he's moving down a line he is in control of how long he talks to any given fan. When the fans are moving past the artist it creates an uncomfortable dance in terms of just how much of his time to take. :freak:

Yes true enough. Standing behind a barrier like a caged animal is bad enough but walking past like some sort of passing out parade is worse :blink:

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good evening everyone!!^^

Maybe he could do a two hour vlog? :roftl:

that`s a great idea...just one thing: aren`t 2 hours a bit too short?:shocked:

Yes true enough. Standing behind a barrier like a caged animal is bad enough but walking past like some sort of passing out parade is worse :blink:

true

Me, myself and I are a bit schizophrenic when it comes to MIKA. I've always been. (:wub2:connie_1.gif:trumpet::bash::camping:)

I've never been a fan of fandom. It took me quite a while to sign in to the forum, just because the concept of superior-star-vs-submissive-fanatic was something I strongly disapproved of for myself. But I was so smitten with the enigma of Mika that I wanted to know everything anybody had to say about him. I didn't want to miss a single bit of footage.

Still up to that point queueing in a line to wait for a popstar to sign whatever object and keeping one's dignity were mutually exclusive things for me. It confused me to meet people who seemed perfectly sane and normal to me and still did that kind of thing. Some time this week I've read a post in the twitter thread about the concept of treating Mika like an equal. I always really loved that thought. I just never thought it was possible. We all prefer to talk to equals, don't we? Well, I do. I don't want to look down on people. Especially not when I talk to them. Now that is easy because in one way or another we're all equal. I don't really mind looking up to people, actually. But when I talk to that kind of folk, I would like to think that there is a reason for them to listen. Namely listen to me as an individual.

I always looked up to Mika. I still do, for many reasons that go from a as in art to z as in zorro. I like him on his pedestal and I like him when he steps down from it. I don't really think that there is such a huge difference between pedestal Mika and eye level Mika [fig.] at all. There are traits, like his empathy, that appear through his intuitive actions so manifestly for everyone that they can impossibly be part of a manufactured persona. When he cares to make his signature tangible for a blind girl for example.

I'm not saying I don't believe that he can be difficult. Yet those pieces of Mika that are for the public are enough for me to not mind looking up to him and get in the queue. And maybe even keep my dignity. In fact it only occured to me lately that maybe he doesn't even look as far down on us as we (or I) look up to him.

connie_girl_search_sky.gif

I agree with a lot of your points Violet.

Same here especially the bolded part..

I have always had a problem with standing in line to meet Mika. I mean, I realise that in most circumstances it is just about the only way to do it. But it just seems very wrong to me. It is like being an animal in a zoo, standing at one side of a barrier when he is at the other side.

I've never met him or even seen him live but I can imagine what you're saying here.

This was a lovely post, btw, you can always find beautiful words!! :thumb_yello:

That's true, her posts are always written in a.. I don't know how to say this.. maybe a very artistic way :biggrin2:

Edited by Miro

That's funny, he never asked us to form a queue when we met him the first time in Sydney...

See, I don't mind the waiting in line... Then again the experiences I've had waiting for Mika had been pretty good (one where I got there at 3pm, the other one where I got to go inside and wait backstage)...

It wasn't the first time I met Mika or the first time I met John either, simply the first time we were asked to queue. I'd never been asked before and it seemed so unnecessary as there were so few people there.

Queuing has got so competitive in Europe. I also find it very unpleasant indeed. And such a waste of a day . I really hope Mika seriously considers seated venues next time round.

Edited by babspanky

It wasn't the first time I met Mika or the first time I met John either, simply the first time we were asked to queue. I'd never been asked before and it seemed so unnecessary as there were so few people there.

Queuing has got so competitive in Europe. I also find it very unpleasant indeed. And such a waste of a day . I really hope Mika seriously considers seated venues next time round.

that might be a weird question...but who is this John?

yes, I'd love to have seated venues next time with pre-sale tickets to MFC, of course:blush-anim-cl:

I forgot to mention earlier that I think violet_sky's original, beautifully worded comment on queueing was mainly a referring to the undignifying experience of asking for a young popstar's autograph and not about the queue before the gigs. The first is not an essential part of going to a gig, so if one really finds it embarrassing, there is no need for them to queue. :dunno:

If there are tons of people waiting for him it simply makes sense to show how it is well-behaved people rather than screaming idiots waiting for him. :insane: (although if there are a lot of people around after a show I never queue in the first place.:teehee: )

Couldn't agree more!:thumb_yello: To both statements.:wink2:

yes, I'd love to have seated venues next time with pre-sale tickets to MFC, of course:blush-anim-cl:

Rufus did a seated gig in Helsinki, and I must admit it was a pleasure to have a dinner before it and be there just 15 minutes before the gig...

yes, in a way, we are in the same position...

i know he exists, :naughty: cuz i've seen him.

i remember at the taping for the tv show, all i kept thinking about was, how strange that i knew he was with Robie the day before & then, he was in front of me :naughty:

I know he exists too, but it feels like he doesn't at times. Geez, I wasn't even excited about the concert until I started organising the Meet and Greet with John...

Such a pleasure to hear it, because usually people say: you don't know him! In fact, I know much less about people around me ( I'm not talking about my family). I never scrutinized every move and every word of my university friends, for example.

You certainly know enough about him!

I think that as long as people don't let their love of Mika (or any famous person they happen to be obsessed with for that matter) adversly affect their life, then it's probably okay :thumb_yello:

I personally think there's too much fangurling going on about Mika on here, but I will do what I usually do - avoid the overly fangurly parts, not tell people what they can or can't do and do my own thing. I'm certainly not going to tell someone that they can't love Mika the way they love him.

As for the whole queueing to see Mika thing, I think he prefers to talk longer to fans who aren't hysterical. I've been watching him during these moments and it seems whenever someone starts screaming, he just wants to move on as fast as possible.

Poor bugger... Even when people are moving in really close to him you can tell that he doesn't want to stay talking for too long.

My aunt said I wasn't a sweet kitten myself. I wonder why. I'm always an angel and very easy to be around:mf_rosetinted:

Yeah sure... it's like saying I'm an angel :angel_not:

I always have the tendency to slap them in the face. But I don't because that would be impolite.

But it would be fun!

It's ridiculous! There's no need for it to be that bad. Luckily it hasn't gotten that bad here, I really don't like the idea of having to queue earlier than midday...

ok so I've been back and forth wether I would post here or not, basically because most of my posts are dedicated to mika's body parts' pics threads and the infamous grey undies...

Anyways I just wanted to post because in the begining I wasn't like this at allI like to believe. At first I was just into mika's song and the found the interviews yadda, yadda, and run into the MFC and it happened to be a really good sorce of info haha stupid curiosity

I just lingered through the threads for months before actually registering...I didn't even thought he was good looking :dunno:

At first actually, don't kill me for this, I mocked with my friends about all the threads here, from pics threads, to reports threads, reading how was the same exact gig from 5-10 different people, shocked me.

I used to be one of those peeps who couldn't understand the fixation over a star of anysort, for me it was like falling for a cartoon character, a waist of, well, of everything IMO, because the artist isn't real, is just peace of a marketing product..I used to think.

So yeah I didn't get it and at first, it was more about amusement, really, but then I found myself spendind more and more time reading everything I could find here and somehow I started to want to comment and be part of the insanity, then I registered, still with lots of doubts about doing it :aah:

and yeah..well I became an irrational, almost, empty headed fangirl :fangurl:

hahaha

So about the first months I was in a fangirling cloud but lately I've triedin vainto spend less time here, to go back to my stalking mode and not lose my oh so precious time in posting nothings

So...now that I've nothing else to say, I don't even know why I'm posting this pointless bunch of memories, is absolutly contradictory, plus I don't know if I'm writing this to convince myself or try to convice you to convince me I'm not what I've always critizased (it sounds so dramatic and messed upoh Zeus) well I just spend alot of time writing this, I might as well submit.

ok so I've been back and forth wether I would post here or not, basically because most of my posts are dedicated to mika's body parts' pics threads and the infamous grey undies...

Anyways I just wanted to post because in the begining I wasn't like this at allI like to believe. At first I was just into mika's song and the found the interviews yadda, yadda, and run into the MFC and it happened to be a really good sorce of info haha stupid curiosity

I just lingered through the threads for months before actually registering...I didn't even thought he was good looking :dunno:

At first actually, don't kill me for this, I mocked with my friends about all the threads here, from pics threads, to reports threads, reading how was the same exact gig from 5-10 different people, shocked me.

I used to be one of those peeps who couldn't understand the fixation over a star of anysort, for me it was like falling for a cartoon character, a waist of, well, of everything IMO, because the artist isn't real, is just peace of a marketing product..I used to think.

So yeah I didn't get it and at first, it was more about amusement, really, but then I found myself spendind more and more time reading everything I could find here and somehow I started to want to comment and be part of the insanity, then I registered, still with lots of doubts about doing it :aah:

and yeah..well I became an irrational, almost, empty headed fangirl :fangurl:

hahaha

So about the first months I was in a fangirling cloud but lately I've triedin vainto spend less time here, to go back to my stalking mode and not lose my oh so precious time in posting nothings

So...now that I've nothing else to say, I don't even know why I'm posting this pointless bunch of memories, is absolutly contradictory, plus I don't know if I'm writing this to convince myself or try to convice you to convince me I'm not what I've always critizased (it sounds so dramatic and messed upoh Zeus) well I just spend alot of time writing this, I might as well submit.

@ the bold bit: some people still do make jokes about the therads on here :wink2:

@ second bold bit: Don't worry, you're not an irrational, almost empty headed fangurl... If you were, you wouldn't have answered in such a rational way...

This was a lovely post, btw, you can always find beautiful words!!

Thank you. I can still get very emotional over that Mika topic. girl_sigh.gif

I forgot to mention earlier that I think violet_sky's original, beautifully worded comment on queueing was mainly a referring to the undignifying experience of asking for a young popstar's autograph and not about the queue before the gigs. The first is not an essential part of going to a gig, so if one really finds it embarrassing, there is no need for them to queue.

If there are tons of people waiting for him it simply makes sense to show how it is well-behaved people rather than screaming idiots waiting for him. (although if there are a lot of people around after a show I never queue in the first place. )

Right, I was talking about the after show M&G queueing. That was not misunderstood though, was it? I hope I didn't confuse anyone; it's difficult sometimes with all that chaos in my head. connie_31.gif

No, really, I think that queueing for the gig and queueing to meet Mika are different things. Although it makes sense that the front row folk can be found in the M&G queue as well :roftl:.

I'm not sure if I will do the pre gig queueing again. I know I always say that. I said it many times and then however did it again. So well, I don't know. In the beginning of my career as an MFCer I thought of the front row idea as overrated. But it's true that nothing compares. Apart from the jaw-droppingly mindblowing (and unblocked) sight you get, there are the invaluable advantages that position has if you're really claustrophobic. I underestimated that, too, until I had my first front row experience.

From another point of view, I'm not really a front row person. I often think I'm not the audience Mika wants or deserves. I can't really give him all that yahoo.gifgirl_flag_of_truce.gif. I'm quite calm. The jumping and freaking out does take some effort for me. I don't want to be a Lollipop girl or a Big Girl or part of a stage invasion. I still enjoy the show, believe me... girl_blush.gif

I agree with everyone wanting seated venues with assigned seating. That would be wonderful. Not that I don't enjoy the company and that unique community experience. It's the lack of little amenities, like not freezing all day, not being able to afford five minutes to leave your coat in the cloakroom, having to carry everything with you. Hanging out around the venue ALL freaking day. I don't want to be totally exhausted by the time I enter the venue. Not in winter and not in summer. girl_nea.gif

It always depends on the country and venue, though. E.g. it's such a nice thing to just be able to leave your car right in front of the entrance. And of course the numbers thing is a real blessing.

As for the aftershow M&Gs, me too, when I see it gets too much, I don't bother to try and talk to him. There might always be a next time.

Oh I remember the long discussions we had about waiting to meet him after a gig or not!:wink2:

And in spite of my hesitation I did it and I've done it a lot of times since then. If you keep in mind that I don't know him and he doesn't know me and we talk different languages you can say it went well under the circumstances!:naughty:

He seems nice and polite.:wink2:

I remember it well. :roftl:

Kind he is. :kaf:

Edited by violet_sky

It's the lack of little amenities, like not freezing all day, not being able to afford five minutes to leave your coat in the cloakroom, having to carry everything with you.

All four Japanese gigs I went to had lockers at the venue. Lockers! :shocked: It was terribly civilized. :wub2:

I'm totally with you on the freezing thing. Copenhagen was a traumatic experience for me. :aah:

I met Mika three times and his behaviour with his fans was exquisite.

There wasn't and official meet & greet but after the gig he went out and Mika signed our CDs and spoke with us.(and it was late and the day after he had another gig in the other side of the country)

Fires time I met him after the gig, John came towards us and told us that Mika had lost his voice and wouldn't speak and also sign anything :sneaky2:we were very disappointed,but then we saw a car,Mika was inside with his mother,suddenly the car stopped and Mika went out to the car and signed our CDs,we could take photos and even speak a little with him.(That day there was a bad day for him, he travalled 1000 km,by car, to do this gig,and I'm sure he was tired and it was very late,but Mika attended his fans)

I'm sure that Mika said to the driver,please stop the car, my fans are waiting for me.I love him and the way he is.

I'm also sure he has his faults as all of us have,but he's a very polite man.

I think Mika is unique in the way he treats his fans.I love him:wub2:

Edited by Mikasister