too much Mika love?

I think that's perfectly okay.

It crosses the line when we want to know EVERYTHING about MICA's life and what he's like. We obviously know the story of how he got to where he is today, with all of his struggles and everything. It's okay to look up to him for that...I know I do.

i would like to know stuff about him

not everything, god no

but just a few bits and bobs, and he tells us stuff about himself- whether its true or not is a different story xD- so im finding out stuff, stuff that he wants me to know [well not me obviously] not stuff that if i knew it would upset him

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's perfectly okay.

It crosses the line when we want to know EVERYTHING about MICA's life and what he's like. We obviously know the story of how he got to where he is today, with all of his struggles and everything. It's okay to look up to him for that...I know I do.

I agree.

It's hard not to look up to someone who's pursuing their dream. That's pretty admirable.

i don't think it's wrong to say i look up to him.

What i won't say is "mika is my hero" because i don't know the man.

Well, when I said I am a fan of MIKA, I'm using that term like Hannah did. I would like to know about the songwriter/singer Mika, which includes interviews, public pictures, new music, stuff like that. But when I said I'm not a fan of MICA, I mean I don't think I need to see pictures of him in his personal life, going out, and such. Just like I don't really want to know much more than what he already shares with everyone 'cause there's a reason he doesn't as it is. That's kinda the point I'm trying to get at. I think Babs said it earlier, Mika acts the way he wants us to see him act for the most part. I just think that MIKA and MICA could be two completely different people, and I just want to know about the Mika side. :)

Well said.

I agree.

It's hard not to look up to someone who's pursuing their dream. That's pretty admirable.

i don't think it's wrong to say i look up to him.

What i won't say is "mika is my hero" because i don't know the man.

[/color]

i think its ok to have a hero that you dont know

someone could say William Shakespeare is their hero

or Joan of Arc

or J.K Rowling

or their mum

or Mika

your explanation of a hero might be different to somebody elses,

i class a hero as someone who i look up to, who i think 'gosh, thats pretty amazing, wish i could do that'

or Joan of Arc

or J.K Rowling

or their mum

or Mika

i class a hero as someone who i look up to, who i think 'gosh, thats pretty amazing, wish i could do that'

i see your point.:angel_not:

see, i dont know if its just me, and i know this sounds stupid and teenager-ish

but i felt a 'connection' with mika

not marriage or love or anything

but more of like a role model

i mean, i dont know all about his life, but if he was bullied as a child and didnt fit in, and got to were he is today, then it makes me think i can too

not necessarily in music, but just in life.

Oh no, it's not stupid or teenager-ish. You can state your opinion. I didn't want to discourage that. I like when people disagree with me. :) Anyway, I can understand the connection that you're talking about it. It just bugs when people go on and on about how they think Mika is in love with them or sits around and thinks about them. Think about how many fans he has met! I mean when I talked to him, I felt like there was a connection, though, a singer to fan connection, like he appreciated all of us being there.

I can also understand him being a role model. I think role model and hero are different. The fact that Mika overcame being bullied and learned to like being himself is very role model-like.

i would like to know stuff about him

not everything, god no

but just a few bits and bobs, and he tells us stuff about himself- whether its true or not is a different story xD- so im finding out stuff, stuff that he wants me to know [well not me obviously] not stuff that if i knew it would upset him

That's what I mean by the Mika/Mica thing. If it's really personal and someone else finds that information out by being just completely nosy and digging up stuff they shouldn't be, then I have problem 'cause obviously it's not our place to do that. I mean, I wouldn't want people on here trying to figure out everything about me. That's just creepy, and I'm sure Mika feels the same way especially since he has a growing number of fans. I just feel that if Mika wants us to know, Mika will tell us.

Overall, I definitely agree with you, none of what I wrote was about your kind of "Mika love" I guess you could it. :)

or Joan of Arc

or J.K Rowling

or their mum

or Mika

Yes, of course. That's where people's opinions are different. I personally would put those people (except mom) into more a role model category whereas some people put them in a hero category 'cause hey, some people just don't know people that fall into a hero category so they pick people they don't know.

Oh no, it's not stupid or teenager-ish. You can state your opinion. I didn't want to discourage that. I like when people disagree with me. :) Anyway, I can understand the connection that you're talking about it. It just bugs when people go on and on about how they think Mika is in love with them or sits around and thinks about them. Think about how many fans he has met! I mean when I talked to him, I felt like there was a connection, though, a singer to fan connection, like he appreciated all of us being there.

I can also understand him being a role model. I think role model and hero are different. The fact that Mika overcame being bullied and learned to like being himself is very role model-like.

it would be awesome and slightly scary if mika was in love with me, but also highley unlikey xD

i think its a bit well, stupid to think that mika loves you, cos of who he is now, and i think he will probably put off havin a girlfriend or a boyfriend for a while now, becuase of who he is, how would he know that they arent a fan who will go back here and report on everysingle thing, and how does he know they wont sell his stories to a newspaper, becuse if he has a girlfriend or boyfriend, to some extent, its revealing his sexuality...

and i dont know if that made any sense xD

Yes, of course. That's where people's opinions are different. I personally would put those people (except mom) into more a role model category whereas some people put them in a hero category 'cause hey, some people just don't know people that fall into a hero category so they pick people they don't know.

whats the difference between a hero and a role model? xD

becuase a hero is someone you look up to and respect

and a role model is someone you look up to and respect

i class one as both xD

it would be awesome and slightly scary if mika was in love with me, but also highley unlikey xD

i think its a bit well, stupid to think that mika loves you, cos of who he is now, and i think he will probably put off havin a girlfriend or a boyfriend for a while now, becuase of who he is, how would he know that they arent a fan who will go back here and report on everysingle thing, and how does he know they wont sell his stories to a newspaper, becuse if he has a girlfriend or boyfriend, to some extent, its revealing his sexuality...

it makes sense to me.

I get what you mean, that's why I think a lot of stars either date other stars or date someone they knew before they got famous. That's why a lot of stars have trouble with relationships because how are they suppose to know if their partner isn't just using them?

whats the difference between a hero and a role model? xD

becuase a hero is someone you look up to and respect

and a role model is someone you look up to and respect

i class one as both xD

Well, personally, I put hero above role model. I think that a role model is someone you respect and look up to but I think a hero is someone you have a stronger respect and admiration for. Almost like someone you want to be. But like I said, everyone has their own interpretations. :)

I would say that that made sense:biggrin2:

and I completely agree. thinking Mika loves you is just wishful thinking.

and about him having a gf or bf, when he does it will be talked about a lot

and bring on even more speculations into his sexuality, so he probably would put it off for a bit or be unsure about what reaction it would provoke.

BECAUSE i'm a fan, i feel like some second class person. ok it's one thing to say "fan interaction" in the sense of signing autographs/taking pix, you're absolutely right, there is a time for this. but if i meet him somewhere and esp. if we've met before, i want to be able to just say hi and have a 30 second small talk with him, without getting the feeling that i need to excuse myself for being there or to say hi to someone i "know" - "know" in a sense of any person you once met, you'd go up to them to say hi if you met them again, that's just normal! or any person (famous or not) you're interested in meeting, you'd go up to them and introduce yourself. i don't see why this should be different just because he's a musician and i'm his fan. you know what i mean?

well, but as i said, i don't know if he thinks this way, or if it's maybe just generally his way of showing that he's not in the mood for a long chat, that can seem a bit rude.

It's not necessarily a class thing, he may be just sick of having to do his job 12-18 hours a day. From your perspective you're just one harmless person, but collectively fans are trying to grab a piece of him morning, noon and night and it would wear on anyone. I know that's what he signed up for but when he's not "on" there must be times when he just wants to be left alone. Not even by fans in particular but just people he doesn't know. If you're cranky and tired you can be yourself around your friends and family without anyone judging you or making demands of you. Having strangers around is a burden.

I have no idea what Mika's personality is really like, but I'd be a class A b*tch in his position and would really have to struggle to be civilized. I get irritated when people come into my office when the door isn't wide open. The worst week of every year is when I have to attend a conference I've organized and people are making demands of me 16-18 hours a day. I can't go home and get away from them and I suffer from lack of sleep. If I had to endure more than 4 or 5 days of it I'd go stark raving mad.

Mika's brought this on himself in many ways, but that doesn't prevent him from having a human reaction to it. I understand that fans want to talk to him but for me personally I am happy keeping my distance. I know how I would feel if I was in his position and I can't bring myself to impose on him, whether he sees it as an imposition or not. That's just what it feels like to me and it makes me uncomfortable.

It's not necessarily a class thing, he may be just sick of having to do his job 12-18 hours a day. From your perspective you're just one harmless person, but collectively fans are trying to grab a piece of him morning, noon and night and it would wear on anyone. I know that's what he signed up for but when he's not "on" there must be times when he just wants to be left alone. Not even by fans in particular but just people he doesn't know. If you're cranky and tired you can be yourself around your friends and family without anyone judging you or making demands of you. Having strangers around is a burden.

I have no idea what Mika's personality is really like, but I'd be a class A b*tch in his position and would really have to struggle to be civilized. I get irritated when people come into my office when the door isn't wide open. The worst week of every year is when I have to attend a conference I've organized and people are making demands of me 16-18 hours a day. I can't go home and get away from them and I suffer from lack of sleep. If I had to endure more than 4 or 5 days of it I'd go stark raving mad.

Mika's brought this on himself in many ways, but that doesn't prevent him from having a human reaction to it. I understand that fans want to talk to him but for me personally I am happy keeping my distance. I know how I would feel if I was in his position and I can't bring myself to impose on him, whether he sees it as an imposition or not. That's just what it feels like to me and it makes me uncomfortable.

My God! I look at the Britney Spears, etc. of the world and I can totally comprehend why these people go into meltdown mode! Can you imagine having these paps in your faces 24/7???? I would go freaking absurd!!! These people know no boundaries, and stars have no private lives - and it seems, no rights either! I would be a basket case if I had to contend with not only fans in my face all the time but the vultures a.k.a. media tracking my every move.... It's not only a violation and an irritation but it is downright dangerous, too! We've all heard the stalkerazzi stories.... hideous! dangerous! crazy making! scary!:shocked:

But when you put yourself in Mika's shoes, you might act the same way.

He may've not known that you just wanted to talk, and he might've thought that you were maybe wanting something from him (another autograph, etc) or that you had followed him there. He has to be cautious about things like that.

i know what you mean. though i wouldn't act the same way, but of course i can't blame mika for being different from me. :wink2:

Well, when I said I am a fan of MIKA, I'm using that term like Hannah did. I would like to know about the songwriter/singer Mika, which includes interviews, public pictures, new music, stuff like that. But when I said I'm not a fan of MICA, I mean I don't think I need to see pictures of him in his personal life, going out, and such. Just like I don't really want to know much more than what he already shares with everyone 'cause there's a reason he doesn't as it is. That's kinda the point I'm trying to get at. I think Babs said it earlier, Mika acts the way he wants us to see him act for the most part. I just think that MIKA and MICA could be two completely different people, and I just want to know about the Mika side. :)

That's what I mean by the Mika/Mica thing. If it's really personal and someone else finds that information out by being just completely nosy and digging up stuff they shouldn't be, then I have problem 'cause obviously it's not our place to do that. I mean, I wouldn't want people on here trying to figure out everything about me. That's just creepy, and I'm sure Mika feels the same way especially since he has a growing number of fans. I just feel that if Mika wants us to know, Mika will tell us.

yup. i wouldn't say i'm not interested in knowing more about him, but of course i respect that he only wants to tell certain things to the public. there comes this image to my mind, that every person is like a huge painting, but unless you get to know someone really well, you'll always just see small parts of it. but if you like the parts you see, you're interested in finding out more. not in a stalkerish way, of course, you always have to respect what the person wants to show you and what not. i know for sure that if i accidentially found out anything "secret" about him, i'd certainly not post it on this forum or anywhere... but i know there are many people who would, and so he has to be cautious with anyone he doesn't know.

exactly. and it's sad, really.

you've got a point there. but it also would've felt strange not to go and say hi to him, he was just 5 meters away from me, he saw me, i saw him. stupid situation really, whatever you do, it doesn't feel right. i guess i'd go for saying hi anytime again though. and in this context just remembered a quote from mika:

Q: How do you do if you want to make contact to people?

A: I just walk right up to them and start to talk to them. They often run away, haha. Most of people think I'm all to forward.

If someone I knew only marginally were to come up and try to start a conversation with me at an airport when I was tired and rushed and busy, especially if it was in the middle of a stressful personal period when I hardly had any time to myself as it was, I'd likely be a hell of a lot ruder than Mika was, and I generally consider myself a people person.

In my experience anyway, it's only common to come up to someone you actually know beyond the most casual acquaintance. Otherwise, the common thing is to wave "hi" without necessarily coming any closer and pass on your way...

Plus I think the difference between two-random-people-meeting-at-a-party and a musician meeting a fan is that in the first case, the people are assumed to be equally involved in the encounter, while in the second one it's all due to the desire of the fan. Sliced any way you like the musician/fan relationship is unequal and cannot be treated as though it were a friend relationship.

--Jack

I think, it's all about intention on one side and perception on the other side, generally. Life and interaction with people in particular would be a lot easier if both of them intention and perception always aligned with each other.

You may have the purest intention in your own book, just wanting, let's say your cd cover signed and a smile and a pic and maybe a hug. In Paolo Nutini's words (just felt like pulling a Christine here :original:):fisch: 'tell me how can, how can this be wrong...?'

The person you address, however might just perceive that as another demand, another claim, a duty, stress.

Concerning Mika (or insert any other public person if you want) it comes down to the Mika we 'know' vs. the Mika we don't know, should not know and won't ever know.

His public persona is shining bright, he has set a high standard for himself there, but who is going to blame him for that? :wink2: So everybody expects him to be that absolutely adorable, in every regard awesomely amazing, well-behaved lovely caring guy who is undoubted a (maybe big) part of his personality. Say what you want, I can be anything you like...But it does surely not reflect the big picture.

So I can imagine it can be tiring to always have to be prepared to switch on that part of himself which is for the public because it just can happen anytime that people walk up to him and demand, claim and want something from him...

He masters that perfectly well so far but sometimes it can be just too much.

This is just what would make me so uncomfortable to walk up to him and if it was just to say 'hi' or ask for something. I just would not like this uneven allocation of giving and taking/demanding. But that's just me, I'm strange in that regard...

Ah, just saw you edited your previous post Jack, exactly what I mean, I remember we have talked about that before... lol

If someone I knew only marginally were to come up and try to start a conversation with me at an airport when I was tired and rushed and busy, especially if it was in the middle of a stressful personal period when I hardly had any time to myself as it was, I'd likely be a hell of a lot ruder than Mika was, and I generally consider myself a people person.

In my experience anyway, it's only common to come up to someone you actually know beyond the most casual acquaintance. Otherwise, the common thing is to wave "hi" without necessarily coming any closer and pass on your way...

Plus I think the difference between two-random-people-meeting-at-a-party and a musician meeting a fan is that in the first case, the people are assumed to be equally involved in the encounter, while in the second one it's all due to the desire of the fan. Sliced any way you like the musician/fan relationship is unequal and cannot be treated as though it were a friend relationship.

--Jack

i said nothing about a friend relationship. anyway, i just told the story and said how i felt about it here, cause it shows that mika is only human and that we're not always able to understand him. maybe you think you understand him better than me about the way he acted at the airport, but i'm a different person and would react in a different way, and so is he, and of course we could go on for pages speculating about the reasons why he did this and that, but we'll never know for sure. and i think this conclusion is what this thread is about, and not about speculating what his reasons for xy might be, or am i wrong? though i must admit i go into speculating and interpreting him way too often myself.

um... hope that made sense now. :blink:

Interesting thread... had to comment though:

Oh my god, people, it's called a fan club for a reason. We're not exactly going to be talking crap about him. :blink:

The whole innocence thing? Yeah, that's annoying, I agree. He's 24 years old, how innocent can he be? But the whole "I'm sick of the gorgeous" thing is getting old. We have younger members on here, including myself, and it's a natural thing to swoon over someone that's attractive! Plain and simple!

I'm sorry if this came out harsh but I'm getting very tired of this discussion. I probably just threw logs into the fire but I really want to be heard on this one and speak for the younger members who feel targeted by this.

Let me point out that its not just the younger ones who swoon over Mika. Having said that, the whole "Mika is soooo gorgeous" thing can get a bit tiresome... besides, Mika is not always gorgeous in every pic... the Aussies were discussing the pic of Mika wearing that hideous hoodie when he was leaving Kanye West's party and some thought it was a really bad pic, others thought it was great... I personally thought it was a bad pic... He was tired, frowning, wearing an ugly hoodie and had his hair pushed back under said hideous hoodie... How is that sexy again?

Besides, the earlier comments weren't directly targeting the younglings (I read that there are some younglings who agree with this thread)... It is only targeted criticism if you take it that way and get offended by it... I suggest you try not to take things so personally in the future...

OF COURSE!

but what im trying to say is that's not all he is.

thanks for posting your opinion. I think i've made some people angry but i was just trying to show my point of view.

*sigh*

oh well.:boxed:

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about offending or annoying anyone with your point of view... because that's exactly what it is... and if they don't like it they can cna go read another thread...

I agree with all of you (Yet I haven't read all the posts) I think, seeing him through pink glasses makes the reality dissappear. I used the term "Our boy" once, but was not being serious, because he's not our possession and we shouldn't treat him like that. And besides, there's no human being who is perfect and I'd rather want him to have some flaws then to be mr. Perfect. How boring would that be?

You summed it up very well... a perfect person wouldn't be particularly interesting... I'd prefer a flawed person than a perfect one anyday!

or Joan of Arc

or J.K Rowling

or their mum

or Mika

Well, I admire Joan of Arc, J.K, my mum and Mika... are they my heroes? Not necessarily...

The way I see it is a hero is someone who does something extraordinary and selfless for others without reward... Like someone who goes and rescues another person from a burning building and refuses a reward...

Even though it's off topic, I really do find Joan of Arc's life interesting... there's a very good reason I chose her as my confirmation name!

how would he know that they arent a fan who will go back here and report on everysingle thing, and how does he know they wont sell his stories to a newspaper, becuse if he has a girlfriend or boyfriend, to some extent, its revealing his sexuality...

Well, you would hope Mika was able to find someone who wasn't going to use him or betray him like that... and if he did date a fan you would hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to post intimate details about their relationship...

In Paolo Nutini's words (just felt like pulling a Christine here :original:):fisch: 'tell me how can, how can this be wrong...?'

Haha, poor little Paolo. He once said he'd heard a saying that every time someone snaps your picture it captures a little piece of your soul. And if that's the case he needs to go back home and regenerate because by now there is nothing left of him.

I think Mika puts on a more professional face when he's discussing his fame in public, but there must at least be moments when he feels like the whole world is trying to grab a piece of him and keep it for themselves.

i said nothing about a friend relationship. anyway, i just told the story and said how i felt about it here, cause it shows that mika is only human and that we're not always able to understand him. maybe you think you understand him better than me about the way he acted at the airport, but i'm a different person and would react in a different way, and so is he, and of course we could go on for pages speculating

You're right that we could go on speculating for pages about exactly why he did what he did at that particular moment. But I think I lot of people understand generally why anyone would act like this in the same circumstance. It's not about Mika and his specific personality. You can't even say for certain that you would never have the same reaction since you're not in his shoes.

I understand your dilemma about whether you should say hi after you've made eye contact. But how often do fans approach Mika just to say hi? Isn't it the case, more often than not, that they ask for a photograph and an autograph? Haven't you asked him for these things yourself?

Maybe he misread your intentions and overreacted, but is it really that hard to understand why? I'm not saying people have to like being snubbed or that it was even necessary, but surely it is understandable.

Going back to Paolo, I saw a video of him almost pleading with fans to let him go because he'd been so sick that night he didn't even come out for an encore and had been attended to by paramedics when he got off stage. He was in Toronto and had to drive to Montreal overnight to do another show the next day and told the fans that's why he needed to leave since it was late. He was sweet and polite and they wouldn't take no for an answer and he finally gave in and called one of their friends to speak to her because she couldn't make it to his show.

And that's what happens to celebs who are not abrupt and uninviting in situations where they're not up for talking to fans. You can't expect them to be warm and welcoming every moment of every day even if they have a naturally sweet disposition. It's just not human. And it really shouldn't be a revelation to anyone that Mika is in fact a human being.

the Aussies were discussing the pic of Mika wearing that hideous hoodie when he was leaving Kanye West's party and some thought it was a really bad pic, others thought it was great... I personally thought it was a bad pic... He was tired, frowning, wearing an ugly hoodie and had his hair pushed back under said hideous hoodie... How is that sexy again?

:naughty: I don't think it's sexy, but I still love the pics. Mika doesn't have to look perfectly beautiful and happy to be the subject of an interesting photograph.

Let me point out that its not just the younger ones who swoon over Mika. Having said that, the whole "Mika is soooo gorgeous" thing can get a bit tiresome... besides, Mika is not always gorgeous in every pic... the Aussies were discussing the pic of Mika wearing that hideous hoodie when he was leaving Kanye West's party and some thought it was a really bad pic, others thought it was great... I personally thought it was a bad pic... He was tired, frowning, wearing an ugly hoodie and had his hair pushed back under said hideous hoodie... How is that sexy again?

The way I see it is a hero is someone who does something extraordinary and selfless for others without reward... Like someone who goes and rescues another person from a burning building and refuses a reward...

Well, you would hope Mika was able to find someone who wasn't going to use him or betray him like that... and if he did date a fan you would hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to post intimate details about their relationship...

i agree with the 'mika is sooooo gorgeous'

i mean, starting a thread about his gorgeousness is a bit stupid to be honest, i dont go in threads like that, because its boring basically xD

personally, i liked the hoodie :blush-anim-cl:

but he looked a bit :sneaky2: for lack of a better word.

your idea of a hero probably is the correct term, but i think some people confuse it with a role model, or maybe hero just sounds better for some people.

You'd hope that,

if i was him i'd probably start living in a glass ball

i have trust issues as it is lol xD

But i think if he did date a fan, and they were talking about it too much on here, then, hopefully, some people would point out and say like yeah congratulations, but although some of us may want to know, some of us think its invading his privacy, please stop

but i dont think anyone would blab, cos that could mean him dumping her... xD

Going back to Paolo, I saw a video of him almost pleading with fans to let him go because he'd been so sick that night he didn't even come out for an encore and had been attended to by paramedics when he got off stage. He was in Toronto and had to drive to Montreal overnight to do another show the next day and told the fans that's why he needed to leave since it was late. He was sweet and polite and they wouldn't take no for an answer and he finally gave in and called one of their friends to speak to her because she couldn't make it to his show.

Oh wow, that's beyond my grasp. :boxed:

:shocked:

oh my gosh thats horrible

i really hope no MFCers were part of the begging :shocked: :shocked:

The thing Christine says is really horrible. That 'girl' (I wanted to use another term:naughty: ) is so selfish. I'm sorry but I wouldn't have stayed so friendly but then again, I'm quite cranky when I'm ill. Anyways, I think that girl can't even be labelled as a fan, if you're really a fan you would respect that your idol hasn't got time or isn't in a peak condition to chat with you.

I don't think that if I would see him walking down the street I would approach him. I mean, though I really love him, he has got a life and privacy and I myself would hate it if unknown people came up to me pretending that they knew me. Because they don't and we don't really know him. Ofcourse I'd like to meet him, I'm not going to pretend that I don't. But I won't chase him and hunt him down like a dog to do so. Perhaps after a gig I'll wait for him, but if he says he hasn't got time or says he's too ill, I'm fine with that. He's not mine and he doesn't have to talk to me.

And I somewhere read something about if Mika dated a fan. Well, be honest, if you did date him, would you spill the beans here on the forum? Well, If you'd really love him, you wouldn't unless you're again very selfish and want to rub it in our faces. But I don't think your relationship will last long then:wink2:

And about the 'Mika is so gorgeous' and 'Mika is da best' kinda threads, well I'm a youngling myself, but I wouldn't post a thread like that. Simply, because if I thought Mika was complete rubbish, I wouldn't be here in the first place! It's kinda logical and a waste of precious space for something that is already so goddamn obvious. And I agree he doesn't look gorgeous in every pic. I sometimes see a pic I don't like at all and some other pics I completely love. I mean, nobody always looks good in pictures!

To conclude this long post, I'm very sorry for this post of boredom:naughty: He is a human being who isn't perfect, he's our idol not our mate, he's nice to look at but certainly not a lustobject. And I'm not interested in his personal life because that's none of my business. I'm interested in him as an artist and what he does as an artist...

Oh wow, that's beyond my grasp. :boxed:

Well to be fair, the girls probably didn't know he was ill. I didn't find out until later myself. All I knew was that he didn't perform an encore which was very odd.

But it just goes to show that you never know what's going on with people and just because they're walking around doesn't mean it's an appropriate time to approach them.

The thing Christine says is really horrible. That 'girl' (I wanted to use another term:naughty: ) is so selfish. I'm sorry but I wouldn't have stayed so friendly but then again, I'm quite cranky when I'm ill. Anyways, I think that girl can't even be labelled as a fan, if you're really a fan you would respect that your idol hasn't got time or isn't in a peak condition to chat with you.

I don't think that if I would see him walking down the street I would approach him. I mean, though I really love him, he has got a life and privacy and I myself would hate it if unknown people came up to me pretending that they knew me. Because they don't and we don't really know him. Ofcourse I'd like to meet him, I'm not going to pretend that I don't. But I won't chase him and hunt him down like a dog to do so. Perhaps after a gig I'll wait for him, but if he says he hasn't got time or says he's too ill, I'm fine with that. He's not mine and he doesn't have to talk to me.

And I somewhere read something about if Mika dated a fan. Well, be honest, if you did date him, would you spill the beans here on the forum? Well, If you'd really love him, you wouldn't unless you're again very selfish and want to rub it in our faces. But I don't think your relationship will last long then:wink2:

And about the 'Mika is so gorgeous' and 'Mika is da best' kinda threads, well I'm a youngling myself, but I wouldn't post a thread like that. Simply, because if I thought Mika was complete rubbish, I wouldn't be here in the first place! It's kinda logical and a waste of precious space for something that is already so goddamn obvious. And I agree he doesn't look gorgeous in every pic. I sometimes see a pic I don't like at all and some other pics I completely love. I mean, nobody always looks good in pictures!

To conclude this long post, I'm very sorry for this post of boredom:naughty: He is a human being who isn't perfect, he's our idol not our mate, he's nice to look at but certainly not a lustobject. And I'm not interested in his personal life because that's none of my business. I'm interested in him as an artist and what he does as an artist...

:blink: Wow.

loooooonng post but very interesting.

I especially liked your last paragraph.

The Paolo thing really makes my blood boil. If he says he can't then he can't! End of story.

God, some people have no boundaries. Poor guy.

about the picture thing. i agree, a person doesn't have to look absolutely perfect in a picture for that picture to be stunning.