Hapy Ending video on YouTube

RAK1

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking on top of him, but I realised that there were little children around her so yeah:mf_rosetinted: AT LEAST I CAN CONTROL MY THOUGHTS!

Yes you are so right :mf_rosetinted: I am sorry, Mika is not an object, I do repect him.

*goes to sit on the naughty step*

I on the other hand cannot control my thought either, well at least not when it comes to MIKA, although I will not share what is on my mind here, because it is FAR too explicit! One MUST be over the age of 21 to know my thoughts! LOL

I just watched the video, and I am SUPRISED because after reading some of the responses on here- I truly thought that I was gonna be very disappointed with it, and I am NOT at all. I TOTALLY LOVE IT! I think it is SO MIKA and creative, and I just do not see the forced expressions speaked of. MIKA is a Wonderful Actor, anyone who has met him, knows this is TRUE first hand! The opening scene drives me C-r-a-z-y! But, that is for another thread- that I doubt will EVER exisit here on the MFC!!!!!! Shame......

i guess i am only one weird person here who dont dreaming at night abouth Mika :naughty: sorry for my bad english :blush-anim-cl:

English is good!!!! OMG.... I dream about MIKA almost every single night.... I guess it is because I am thinking of him when I am falling asleep, and when I wake up in the morning, but that is a whole other story!!!! :bleh:

What I want to know is, why does Mika do this to us? Make a childlike, dreamlike, sweet little video...which starts with him lying in bed half naked making us think naughty thoughts. :shocked: ?

He's a devil :roftl: He should not be allowed.

And now I will make a supreme effort to be wholesome and objective again :thumb_yello:

What I want to know is, why does Mika do this to us? Make a childlike, dreamlike, sweet little video...which starts with him lying in bed half naked making us think naughty thoughts. :shocked: ?

And now I will make a supreme effort to be wholesome and objective again :thumb_yello:

I agree!!! he is a devil, he knows JUST how to drive us totally out of our minds, it is so unfair!!!!! But, then again MIKA can be fully dressed and just sitting in a chair, and I have BAD thoughts so- he just cannot turn it off no matter the situation!!!!!!!

John, that is how I feel too actually

good video,,,,but I wish it was more serious and more to the actual feel of the

song. I mean I cried at the very end...but somehow I needed more. Less childlike , which is ok. i was hoping I would find out more what this song is about but I didn't get my prayer's answered. MIKA becomes more a mystery everyday!

nice that someone feels the same:thumb_yello:

Yeah let's sue him :glasses2:

t'was me :blush-anim-cl:

Okay, I'm kind of drunk right now so this may not be the best idea to try and reply coherently to a long post, but oh well... it's better than the last thing I tried doing drunk, which was assembling furniture... hah. Wine and wooden planks and nails and a hammer, that was fun. Some disinfectant and a bandaid and my thumb seems okay today.

Anyway, sorry if this will be rambly and weird. On second thought, maybe I should get more drunk, might as well go out. Wait a sec as I go finish the bottle.

There. Let's begin. :biggrin2:

this is what i don't agree with... the thing is : i don't disagree with you... not really, but what i don't agree with is the fact that you kinda "excuse" the video not being original turning it into some sort of reference/hint to Bowie or whatever...

Oh, I am not making any excuse, just an explanation. I hardly think that people who consider the video as cliche and unoriginal will like it any more just 'cause it's a Bowie reference. Now, I actually quite like pastiche, and I think that trying for originality of content is overrated. Not that I don't admire it when I come across it, but trying for it--less so. I'd just as rather have clever mix-and-match clothed in originality of form. The questions here, of course, is whether there is originality of form, and that's up to the viewer. As I said to Christine, if you steal but you improve upon or re-spin the original, few will complain. Whether this was the case here is for you to decide.

i don't understand the fact that someone who's been shouting everywhere and everytime he could that he was doing HIS thing, that he had listened to every sort of thing but wasn't really influenced by none of them, that he had admired songs, but not people's own universe, etc. etc. suddenly makes videos putting references to everyhting !!!

Hah, but all his shouting aside, all his work was always full of references and allusions, conscious or not... Reviews of LICM all stated that you could play spot-the-influence with it. I was drawn in to his music because I loved what he did with the heritage of pop music handed down to him, and how he adapted it and reinvented it to the modern era. I think the "HIS thing" always referred more to the personal than the professional--or rather, the way he handled his professional life.

But as someone else pointed out--he doesn't like videos anyway, and he's not actually the one in charge of making them. I think his director comes up with the concept and he just okays it or not and whatnot.

honestly : grace kelly and relax were the only original videos he made. grace kelly cause first one, and relax cause his artwork...

for all the following videos, EVERYONE found a "reference", "hint", "homage" to everything and his contrary

Well... technically Grace Kelly had a few of those too. :bleh: It was just done exceedingly well, and was filmed beautifully, and everything was incorporated very smoothly.

where is the guy that told us over and over that he was in control of everything and wanted to do something that had never been done before ???????

In Mika's defense (and I have no problem with people disliking the HE video, I do get where you're coming from) he was talking about music and stage performance... not videos. He has also said over and over that he doesn't like music videos, and I think he may not be too interested in dealing with them. Me, I would have wanted to deal with a dislike of them by revolutionizing the medium, but he doesn't seem to consider them part of his project.

--Jack

• 3 weeks later...

Just ressurecting this thread while we wait for Lille pictures and youtubes...

Did you realise that in just 3 short weeks, MIKA has had over half a million hits on this video??

HALF A MILLION HITS

....that is JUST phenomenal.

Just ressurecting this thread while we wait for Lille pictures and youtubes...

Did you realise that in just 3 short weeks, MIKA has had over half a million hits on this video??

HALF A MILLION HITS

....that is JUST phenomenal.

big credit to Perez :naughty:

I don't know what's with the video but I don't really like it. :boxed:

What happened with the "nowadays special effects are not that special" thought?

I mean sure they are very Mika in this... or how would I know?

It's just too "perfect" for my taste. :blink: