Any Christians?

JoPerrin

YES! Who Am I! One of my very favourite songs! :D

I remember how touched by it I was the first time I heard it!

Who Am I and If We Are The Body have to be my favorite Casting Crown songs.

I love them, they're incredible!

Amanda, so jealous you got to see them! :naughty:

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember how touched by it I was the first time I heard it!

Who Am I and If We Are The Body have to be my favorite Casting Crown songs.

I love them, they're incredible!

Amanda, so jealous you got to see them! :naughty:

Set Me Free is also really powerful. That's my fave. :punk:

I saw this a few days ago...for you US fans, Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman are touring together. Great combo. They're not touring near me though. :(

http://www.livedaily.com/news/14639.html

:shocked: I love them! I didn't know about that!

I love

by Steven Curtis Chapman and You Are Holy (Prince Of Peace) by Michael W. Smith.:biggrin2:

Well, I think I should get to bed ladies if I have to wake up extra early to walk my friend's dog..maybe my mom will let me drive to church tomorrow.:naughty: (Did I tell you guys I got my permit earlier this week? :das: )

Good night!

Well, I think I should get to bed ladies if I have to wake up extra early to walk my friend's dog..maybe my mom will let me drive to church tomorrow.:naughty: (Did I tell you guys I got my permit earlier this week? :das: )

Good night!

That is really exciting!!:yay: and have fun walking the dog:naughty:

goodnite:huglove:

Good night!

Goodnight lady! I'll probably be following you presently. It's late!

And no you didn't tell us that. Congratulations!

Ooh, I love Relient K. Deathbed is my favorite song of theirs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=535KzUZsefA

My boyfriend and I actually performed that song for our American Sign Language final. It was harddddddd!!!

:tears: i was actually about to post that song next! It's so sad but beautiful at the end......

:shocked:the whole song! wow. that's a great achievment!

It's my favorite song of theirs... the lyrics are just...wow!

And yeah, the whole song. We had to perform it with and without the music. We got an A, though, so the hard work paid off! :)

Well, I gotta run! Have to be up early and I still have some things I need to get done tonight! nightnight. :)

It's my favorite song of theirs... the lyrics are just...wow!

And yeah, the whole song. We had to perform it with and without the music. We got an A, though, so the hard work paid off! :)

Well, I gotta run! Have to be up early and I still have some things I need to get done tonight! nightnight. :)

:shocked:without the music! well congrats!!!!:biggrin2: that's truley amazing.

goodnite:huglove:

Ok I'm sorry to jump into this thread, but as a christian, I wonder what this is all about... You're americans, right? Are you roman catholics or another "type" of christians? (don't mean to be offensive lol, my english sucks at 3AM and I don't know how to express this better).

I am sorry for any offense caused to you or to anyone. I can say with certainty that is not my intention and I don't believe it is the intention of anyone else here.

What is this all about? To me, it is this:

There are young girls that choose to come into this thread. Some of these girls are lost and hurting. They are seeking something, although they might not even know what they are looking for. Some of them are experiencing difficult things and they don't know where to turn. Some have mentioned that they don't have friends they can talk to, they don't have somewhere to go that will provide them with the answers they are looking for.

So... what do they do? Continue to experience the same bad things, continue hurting? Live in a world without meaning? I have been there. We have all been there. Without going into personal details I lived there most of my life. How can I let them do the same?

The thing is, some of us know the answer. Some of us have discovered healing. Hope. This may not be the answer for everyone, and it is certainly not forced on anyone.

But I speak to the girls that DO choose to come in here. I will not sit back and do nothing.

I want them to know that their hearts can be healed from whatever they have gone through in their lives. I want them to know they are loved. I want them to know that they can receive every answer they seek.

I am choosing to stand up and point the way to Jesus.

I just wanted to say what is on my heart. Thanks guys. :)

I think it's probably just Christian stores. Koorong do mail orders :). Here's the direct link to the book: http://orders.koorong.com/search/details.jhtml?code=0785276211

Cheers...

I love feeling at ease in Jesus' presence. One of the greatest feelings.

That it is... I think it's great... and I was (and still am) at a stage of my life where I need Him the most...

I don't know what it's like in Australia, but the bookstores here generally have sections for religious books, so it could be found in stores like Barnes and Noble if anyone from the US is interested. It's also on amazon.com

I live in the country, so there's only one bookhop in town (not counting the department stores)... It doesn't have a Religious section, but then again I don't think it's got everything the larger city ones have...

Haha, no protest. Just expressing ourselves.

My previous one was also religious, but nobody seemed to catch on.:naughty:

It was more of a Catholic thing, though. haha

I liked that one! Thought it was clever! Where did you get them from?

Aw, that's awesome! I find myself more excited to come in here than other topics lately. :)

I like coming in here... I only visit here, the Aussie thread and the Asia-Pacific thread now... I basically steer clear of the gig threads cause it starts to irritate me that Mika's not planning to come here (yet)...

ahhh would anyone like to see my Jesus poster i got last summer?! i love it so much, i put it over my bed....:bleh:

001-3.jpg

That's very cool... I like it!

Ok I'm sorry to jump into this thread, but as a christian, I wonder what this is all about... You're americans, right? Are you roman catholics or another "type" of christians? (don't mean to be offensive lol, my english sucks at 3AM and I don't know how to express this better).

I'm not. Some of us are Roman Catholic, others identify as Christian.

We're basically the same - we all believe in and love the same Lord.

As for offending others....that's certainly not my intention, nor do I believe it is anyone else's intention. I don't think any of us in this topic are posting in here to offend others.

Nope. I'm postingin here to discuss my faith with others.

Good night!

Ooooh! Congrats! *high fives*

Mandi, Finkster, rainbow, I've just read your replies , thanks for answering. I am not uncomfy with this thread itself, at first I must admit I was a bit concerned but i kinda like the direction the discussions have taken. :thumb_yello:

I didn't mean to single out americans or people on the other side of the atlantic ocean, i've just noticed that you guys are much more public with your beliefs than most europeans (this is not true for all europeans btw, some countries like Italy etc are very religious). That's why I wanted to warn you that some of us mind find the avie thing a bit puzzling or even shocking. I know it isnt the intention but it looks a bit like proselytism, imo.

I'm not. Some of us are Roman Catholic, others identify as Christian.

We're basically the same - we all believe in and love the same Lord.

All 3 major religions believe and love the same Lord: christians, jews and muslims. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic but rejected most of it in terms of rituals but i still believe in the christian message an values. I therefore label myself as a christian only, and a special one lol, i.e. i don't even go to church, I don't see why I would need to go to a special building to talk to God, etc. :wink2:

Hi neeve272, thanks for posting. Looking forward to your next. :)

Hey Neeve! Welcome!

Hope to see you drop by again soon. :wink2:

Hey girls!

thanks for the welcome. Kinda busy last night and this morning but I'll post later :wink2:

For now I will add one thing, lol: I see ye're talking about music...I love Backstreet Boys :blush-anim-cl:, and one of the members, Brian Littrell, has a brilliant Christian album...do any of ye know it? It's called Welcome Home. He also released a beautiful song (not on that album) called In Christ Alone, here's a live perfomrance if anyone wants to check it out :wink2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JArzNC3QQ

Hey you all ok? i went church and was an acolyte. That is where you carry the candle round the church. Im in the Church of England.

oh cool! so is there only one acolyte? or a bunch of people? how often does it occur? haha sorry for the questions:bleh:

Today in church we had three baptisms! and our pastor said over the weekend they had a total of 11:shocked:which is great for our small little church:naughty:

oh cool! so is there only one acolyte? or a bunch of people? how often does it occur? haha sorry for the questions:bleh:

Today in church we had three baptisms! and our pastor said over the weekend they had a total of 11:shocked:which is great for our small little church:naughty:

You have

a server. they carry the bible up to the high church.

a crucifer. they carry the big cross round the church.

2 acolytes they carry the candle round the church.

This happens every week. In term time tho. the first sun every month is family eurcurist. You dont have the acolytes in this service.

Wots your church like?

You have

a server. they carry the bible up to the high church.

a crucifer. they carry the big cross round the church.

2 acolytes they carry the candle round the church.

This happens every week. In term time tho. the first sun every month is family eurcurist. You dont have the acolytes in this service.

Wots your church like?

oooo we have those!haha i just didn't know the name:blush-anim-cl:....well we have Altar Servers...we typically have three-one carries in the Crucifix and two carry candles before and after mass. And during mass they hold books, prepare the Eucharist and so on....

oooo we have those!haha i just didn't know the name:blush-anim-cl:....well we have Altar Servers...we typically have three-one carries in the Crucifix and two carry candles before and after mass. And during mass they hold books, prepare the Eucharist and so on....

So wot colour u guys on four the tables? we on green u guys the sam?

So wot colour u guys on four the tables? we on green u guys the sam?

hmmm you mean the Altar? I think it stays white, but the priest changes colors every church season....so for like Advent he would wear purple and Ordinary Time he wears green.:bleh: The altar servers wear red and white year round.

hmmm you mean the Altar? I think it stays white, but the priest changes colors every church season....so for like Advent he would wear purple and Ordinary Time he wears green.:bleh: The altar servers wear red and white year round.

We have white robes and different colours for the rope that tyes round our waist. we got green. the choir wears blue robes with white rope round their waist.

Chat l8as.

Alleluya!

I am sorry for any offense caused to you or to anyone. I can say with certainty that is not my intention and I don't believe it is the intention of anyone else here.

What is this all about? To me, it is this:

There are young girls that choose to come into this thread. Some of these girls are lost and hurting. They are seeking something, although they might not even know what they are looking for. Some of them are experiencing difficult things and they don't know where to turn. Some have mentioned that they don't have friends they can talk to, they don't have somewhere to go that will provide them with the answers they are looking for.

So... what do they do? Continue to experience the same bad things, continue hurting? Live in a world without meaning? I have been there. We have all been there. Without going into personal details I lived there most of my life. How can I let them do the same?

The thing is, some of us know the answer. Some of us have discovered healing. Hope. This may not be the answer for everyone, and it is certainly not forced on anyone.

But I speak to the girls that DO choose to come in here. I will not sit back and do nothing.

I want them to know that their hearts can be healed from whatever they have gone through in their lives. I want them to know they are loved. I want them to know that they can receive every answer they seek.

I am choosing to stand up and point the way to Jesus.

I just wanted to say what is on my heart. Thanks guys. :)

:wub2:

I love your passion.

Cheers...

That it is... I think it's great... and I was (and still am) at a stage of my life where I need Him the most...

I live in the country, so there's only one bookhop in town (not counting the department stores)... It doesn't have a Religious section, but then again I don't think it's got everything the larger city ones have...

I liked that one! Thought it was clever! Where did you get them from?

Ooooh! Congrats! *high fives*

I'm at the same point right now. I'm going into my senior year in high school now, and I'm just confused with what I'll be doing with my life at the moment. I definitely know I want to serve God in some way, I just don't know how yet.

I might become a consecrated woman, missionary, social worker, theology teacher..not sure yet. I'm still listening for the calling.

And I'm also a baby in my faith, so I definitely really need God in my life right now.

Oh I see. I don't think I could help you much since I'm not from Australia, but I hope you can find it.

I just googled Christian t-shirts and saved the little display images of the design.:thumb_yello:

Thanks! :biggrin2:

Oh, and I found this cartoon when I went looking for pics of Joan of Arc...

JoanOfArc.sized.jpg

Hahaha! I love it!

Mandi, Finkster, rainbow, I've just read your replies , thanks for answering. I am not uncomfy with this thread itself, at first I must admit I was a bit concerned but i kinda like the direction the discussions have taken.

I didn't mean to single out americans or people on the other side of the atlantic ocean, i've just noticed that you guys are much more public with your beliefs than most europeans (this is not true for all europeans btw, some countries like Italy etc are very religious). That's why I wanted to warn you that some of us mind find the avie thing a bit puzzling or even shocking. I know it isnt the intention but it looks a bit like proselytism, imo.

All 3 major religions believe and love the same Lord: christians, jews and muslims. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic but rejected most of it in terms of rituals but i still believe in the christian message an values. I therefore label myself as a christian only, and a special one lol, i.e. i don't even go to church, I don't see why I would need to go to a special building to talk to God, etc.

I understand.:thumb_yello:

Hahaha, I agree that you don't need to go to a fancy building to talk to God.

That would be really silly.

Hey girls!

thanks for the welcome. Kinda busy last night and this morning but I'll post later

For now I will add one thing, lol: I see ye're talking about music...I love Backstreet Boys , and one of the members, Brian Littrell, has a brilliant Christian album...do any of ye know it? It's called Welcome Home. He also released a beautiful song (not on that album) called In Christ Alone, here's a live perfomrance if anyone wants to check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JArzNC3QQ

No way, I had no idea he became/was a Christian singer!

I used to looove the Backstreet Boys! hah

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out now.

Hey you all ok? i went church and was an acolyte. That is where you carry the candle round the church. Im in the Church of England.

I've never been an acolyte, but my sister used to be one.

That's nice that you were one today.:)