daisylou

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was great (as usual) on Conan. :)

I am not that familiar with him. But when I was flicking through channels last night and Conan O'Brien said Russell Brand was going to be on, I watched because I knew some members on the MFC like him a lot.

I have to say that I agree with you. He was very funny the whole way through the interview.:thumb_yello:

I think you guys would be proud of me...

I stayed up and watched Russell Brand on Conan O'Brien last night

The hair bridge over the Atlantic? Or Rod Stweart as a womanizer?

I'm so proud of you! :naughty:

I love Russel. Thanks to Shaza. :aah: I subscribe to his podcast...

:biggrin2:

Btw, your sig quote, I love it :wub2:

The funny thing is, I used to have that quote in my sig before as well, aages ago! :bleh:and when I had it tantastic told me she used to have it in her sig before too! :roftl:

There's definitely something about it... :bleh:

I saw him in Penelope

Is that out on dvd yet? Still gotta see it!

:biggrin2:

Btw, your sig quote, I love it :wub2:

The funny thing is, I used to have that quote in my sig before as well, aages ago! :bleh:and when I had it tantastic told me she used to have it in her sig before too! :roftl:

There's definitely something about it... :bleh:

Yeah, my French teacher is obsessed with Le Petit Prince, so our class knows almost all the memorable quotes from it...:rolls_eyes: I think that one is my favourite though!

Yeah, my French teacher is obsessed with Le Petit Prince, so our class knows almost all the memorable quotes from it...:rolls_eyes: I think that one is my favourite though!

It's a really lovely one! :wub2:

Yeah..it came out July 15 I think.

I didn't even know he was in it until a few days ago :naughty: Is it just a little part?

Oh thanks, must get that!

Yeah he only has a small part in it, wasn't much of a fuss made about it or anything.

*hopes there might be some Russelly extras too* :bleh:

Saturday at work there was this guy that looked like Russell. Well not exactlly the same but for some reason this man reminded me of him. The long hair. And he was wearing these boots or shoes or whatever that reminded me of ones that Russell Brand would wear. Most people probably wouldn't have seen the resemblance but for some strange reason that guy reminded me of Russell.

I'm reading the Booky Wook again :wub2: It's much better to me the second time around..

Anyway..I just read that Russell and I had the same first sentence. 'Don't do that' :naughty: That's pretty exciting :blush-anim-cl:

My second sentence was 'Leave me alone' :bleh:

Saturday at work there was this guy that looked like Russell. Well not exactlly the same but for some reason this man reminded me of him. The long hair. And he was wearing these boots or shoes or whatever that reminded me of ones that Russell Brand would wear. Most people probably wouldn't have seen the resemblance but for some strange reason that guy reminded me of Russell.

:shocked:

You do know Russell was in Canada on Saturday? :shocked:

Montreal I think... do you work there? :bleh::shocked:

This is brill news :D he'll be a household name in Merricky after this!

3 days til I see him! :wub2:

Oh and we're on page 100 - woooo :yay:

3 days?! That's gotta be exciting. Is there any chance of you getting to meet him?

3 days?! That's gotta be exciting. Is there any chance of you getting to meet him?

There's a chance! God knows I'll try :naughty:

I'm going to the forum/radio show live gig on Friday too, so fingers crossed! :bleh:

There's a chance! God knows I'll try :naughty:

I'm going to the forum/radio show live gig on Friday too, so fingers crossed! :bleh:

Twice? :shocked: Man..I really wish I was going with you :bleh:

It'd be pretty awesome if you got to meet him!

This is brill news :D he'll be a household name in Merricky after this!

3 days til I see him! :wub2:

Oh and we're on page 100 - woooo :yay:

You're going to see him :shocked:

Great!

I love Russell in the Big Fat Quiz of the year 2006/2007.

But I love Noel Fielding more.

He's hosting the MTV VMA's! :shocked:

I might actually watch them this year. This is exciting!

I just heard it on the TV today!

"September 7th 2008 MTV music awards... and who the *beep* is Russell Brand?"

I was like "OMG IS HE HOSTING?" and wikipedia'd the shizz.

:wub2:

Elloo! I am back from my trip to London, it was wonderful! Did not want to leave, I really loved the place! Saw Russell a few times during the week, firstly at the Focus 12 gig with Noel Fielding on Monday night, was a great show! They were brilliant together and had such great rapport as always, the moment when Russell’s belt undid itself and Noel kneeled down in front of him to fix it back comes to mind as a good example xD Russell was like "people are going to see this as sexual" and Noel was like to us "calm down" :roftl:

Met Matt in the bar beforehand and got a photo! He stopped and chatted to us for a while about the radio show live that week and was so lovely and such a gent. I noticed his hair was a bit shorter so said “Your hair looks great, did you get it cut?” and he goes “Yes, I have had my hair cut in the past” :roftl:

Mattandme.jpg

I also went along to the Ponderland recording on Thursday night, was brilliant being in the studios and all! Russell was so professional, he told us beforehand that he was really exhausted and was only holding it together thanks to caffeine, but he was still on top form and it was a great show, the topic was food! Afterwards he was in the foyer and as I went out there were about two or three girls ahead of me going in for hugs but just before I was about my turn there was a woman telling us to move and hurry along I hesitated a bit and he looked at me for a second probably thinking “is she coming or is she just gonna stare at me” xD but I walked around to the other side and just said “Russell” to get his attention and he gave me a hug and a kiss, was lovely. :wub2:

The next night then was the Radio Show Live, the one I was most looking forward to and justifiably so, it was an amazing gig, I absolutely loved every minute of it! It was beyond hilarious! There were 2 halves, first half was Russell and Matt sitting on a couch answering questions from the audience which also triggered off old anecdotes, there was a really nice relaxed atmosphere and they were on top form! Matt was operating a laptop and showed us some pictures of himself as a child dressed as Paddington bear and him as a teenager with tartan pants and some very different hair to what he has now! He also revealed a photo of Russell’s ballbags which had a face drawn on each one by himself and Russell, was hilarious! xD And there was another one of Russell getting his colonic irrigation, which looked extremely funny prior to it’s explanation as he was fully naked (which Matt hilariously pointed out was not necessary! xD)

In the second half Noel Gallagher came out and also Mr Gee towards the end. They brought Noel a guitar and persuaded him to do a song, he did “The importance of being idle” and it really was the icing on the cake, just brilliant! Russell also sung a breathy “When I’m 64” in the first half, found this http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vAuOr2FZleQ

I got photos but they are really bad quality, I’m in desperate need of a new camera!

Afterwards there was such a huge crowd waiting for him and a lot of pushing and shoving, I felt sorry for him and a bit bad to be amongst it, but I still touched his hair xD and got my new edition paperback booky wook signed which my friend had given me along with a signed photo of Russ and some Russell badges cos I had got her tickets, which was so really nice of her.

DCFC0024.jpg

It’s so incredible to be around him, I was in awe! He has such an aura, and looks really stunning in the flesh. Every time he walked up through the crowd during the shows or when I got close to him afterwards I got so excited! :wub2:

Oh Justin Hawkins was at the gig too! And I also said hi to Babs (Russell’s mum) as she was walking past towards her seat, she is so sweet!

Well that’s about it, I'm so sorry for the essay! Just thought I would share my Russell experience with you all. :)