I love you baby, but face it he's Mika

Christine

If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?

• Yes, I couldn't resist!
    • I'd think about it but I'd probably never do it
    • No, this Mika thing is just a bit of fun and I love my partner too much
    • Are you crazy? I don't even fancy Mika

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aren't we all:naughty:

Not all . I was astonished lately, reading in several threads how many people state that they just love him as a singer and are interested just in music. He is a good person, and so on, but they not in love of course. And, moreover, how can one love a guy whom he never seen live? - they say so.

I just know, that if I wasn't in love like crazy, I wouldn't spend my time here. I'm here because it makes things easier, and I need him every moment in my life, I need to talk about him, write his name, posting pics. Yes, I love Mika, and I don't care that many of girls here will criticize my sincerity and say that i love something imaginary.

Alba, I love your being so sincere! My hugs to you!

Not all . I was astonished lately, reading in several threads how many people state that they just love him as a singer and are interested just in music. He is a good person, and so on, but they not in love of course. And, moreover, how can one love a guy whom he never seen live? - they say so.

I just know, that if I wasn't in love like crazy, I wouldn't spend my time here. I'm here because it makes things easier, and I need him every moment in my life, I need to talk about him, write his name, posting pics. Yes, I love Mika, and I don't care that many of girls here will criticize my sincerity and say that i love something imaginary.

Thank you Lena for understand my feelings,I'm just saying what I feel inside me:huglove:

i never thought that :shocked:

the rest is so cute :wub2: and sounds a lil familiar :blush-anim-cl:

not joking :wink2:

I know you aren't. I know who you mean. :wink2: I just like the idea of a girl who at first leaves her partner for Mika and THEN splits up with Mika for someone even better. It sounds so much like a femme fatale. I mean this in a positive way. :thumb_yello:

I know you aren't. I know who you mean. :wink2: I just like the idea of a girl who at first leaves her partner for Mika and THEN splits up with Mika for someone even better. It sounds so much like a femme fatale. I mean this in a positive way. :thumb_yello:

Are you spying on me? paranoid.gif

I love and care for him a lot... not just as a friend! So many things i would do for him to make him happy and feel good :wub2:

"and THEN splits up with Mika for someone even better." yep better :naughty:

Are you spying on me? paranoid.gif

I love and care for him a lot... not just as a friend! So many things i would do for him to make him happy and feel good :wub2:

"and THEN splits up with Mika for someone even better." yep better :naughty:

Nooooo, just reading your post on a certain thread some time ago. :biggrin2:

i never thought that :shocked:

the rest is so cute :wub2: and sounds a lil familiar :blush-anim-cl:

I mean, it is the first Forum I've ever been. I never thought of forums before i fell in love - I didn't need it, I had no idea about Facebook and Twitter as well. i wasn't such an Internet girl at that time, as I am now. If not Mika, I would just go on reading paper books :naughty:

I'm sure we all love him! :wub2: That's why we are here. He is always so kind and good to people, and I love his sincerity, and I think he is an intelligent, creative and interesting person. Of course we all love him! But not in a romantic way, and not even as a friend because we don't know him that way. But I feel we know a small part of him, and I like it. I feel he gives something personal to his fans too, and not only his music, because he meets people and writes tweets and columns etc, and it makes listening to his music more interesting, imo.

I would feel very awkward to have any daydreaming thoughts about him... It would be so wrong in every possible way, I could never watch him into eyes again :roftl: I cannot watch him into eyes even now, only quickly, I mostly watch his shirt :lmfao: Oh dear.

And I am married, so I can't imagine I would daydream about anyone else than my husband. But I don't mean to judge anyone, we all live different lives, and there are so many ways to escape real life, we all escape sometimes.

Nooooo, just reading your post on a certain thread some time ago. :biggrin2:

oohhhhhh :shocked::teehee:

Im taking a 7 hour train trip just for him next month... again... first of all to take part in something ive signed up for and 2nd to say thx for last time i met him. Hopefully say thx in the way i wanted last time. With a simple kiss on his cheek :wub2: cant believe i forgot to say thx last time :doh: :doh: .doh:

I mean, it is the first Forum I've ever been. I never thought of forums before i fell in love - I didn't need it, I had no idea about Facebook and Twitter as well. i wasn't such an Internet girl at that time, as I am now. If not Mika, I would just go on reading paper books :naughty:

cute!!!!

you are definitely a naughty internet girl now :wink2:

oohhhhhh :shocked::teehee:

Im taking a 7 hour train trip just for him next month... again... first of all to take part in something ive signed up for and 2nd to say thx for last time i met him. Hopefully say thx in the way i wanted last time. With a simple kiss on his cheek :wub2: cant believe i forgot to say thx last time :doh: :doh: .doh:

Have fun! Hope you can say and do what you want! :thumb_yello:

I'm sure we all love him! :wub2: That's why we are here. He is always so kind and good to people, and I love his sincerity, and I think he is an intelligent, creative and interesting person. Of course we all love him! But not in a romantic way, and not even as a friend because we don't know him that way. But I feel we know a small part of him, and I like it. I feel he gives something personal to his fans too, and not only his music, because he meets people and writes tweets and columns etc, and it makes listening to his music more interesting, imo.

I would feel very awkward to have any daydreaming thoughts about him... It would be so wrong in every possible way, I could never watch him into eyes again :roftl: I cannot watch him into eyes even now, only quickly, I mostly watch his shirt :lmfao: Oh dear.

And I am married, so I can't imagine I would daydream about anyone else than my husband. But I don't mean to judge anyone, we all live different lives, and there are so many ways to escape real life, we all escape sometimes.

I support the first part of your post.

But, as for daydreaming, I am fully aware that I am not a good woman for him, and I love may family. So, even if I love him, and admire, and cry sometimes, and fangurling, and feel all the love symptoms, I daydream only about being his friend (I wrote about it at Shrinks). I don't dream about a thing that could offence him. Of course, I'm a frequenter in gasmics, but I usually restrain myself from naughty comments. I admire him to the extent that he shows us himself.:naughty: without wild imagination :sneaky2:

Usually, I have imaginary conversations with him :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Or I imagine that I work with him. Before my first gigs, I was visualizing being in the 1 row, what I will say at M&G and so on. If Mika read my mind, I wouldn't be embarrassed. It's not that I'm so prudent. I'm just realistic, and believe in visualization (because it helps!).

I didn't vote :lmfao:

Feels good to not be the only irresolute one!:naughty:

I would!!!! But i would also leave Mika for a friend of mine :teehee:

Aw!:wub2:

Yes he seems to be an interesting person apart from all the fantastic music!:thumb_yello:

:fisch:

Your answer is in italics.

Babysitting? :roftl:

I know, I know... I well remember our conversations from back then.

And I don't think I've really changed much since... except that I'm a few

years older. :naughty:

NO WAY!!!! there HAS to be a mistake!!! :lmfao::aah:

That's how I interpreted Ring Ring as well- But then again, we don't even know if he's talking about himself being the subject of obsession behaviour, or if it was someone close to him. Like Holy Johnny or Billy Brown, etc...There's no real way to know for sure which songs are autobiographical and which ones are based on others. And as he says himself, he "borrows people's storires" and constantly writes about his friends. Then again, my cynical little brain thinks that this is the perfect excuse when you want to write about your own experiences but you don't want anyone to know that they are yours, hehe.

So, in essence, we will never know:naughty:.

Haha Suzy, I think it is!! I think that your "point of view" was made quite clear!!:roftl:

On the subject though, my 2 cents are: No, I would not leave my partner for Mika.

We have a long and happy relationship which has been built over a long time, and he has the qualities that I want in a partner. Heck,that is why I'm still with him after this long, way longer after the initial heady "honeymoon" phase.

So it's clear to me that I would not throw all that away for anyone, Mika or another person, unless somehow things would start going wrong with him and I would not feel happy anymore.

Of course I am the first who would get out of a situation that I don't want to be in, but this is not the case, so I'm staying.

Sorry Mika, you're gonna have to wait :bleh: .

Also, I agree with what people have said about us not KNOWING Mika. Some of those who say they'd happily go off with him would possibly hate the day to day with him.

I know that he is a lovely guy, I really think that he's a nice person, very loving, very talented, very bright, etc...but everyone has flaws.

I do, and so does my partner. And my neighbour. And all of you.

The key is to see which flaws in our partners we can live ,and which are a total no-no.

We don't know what Mika's flaws are (well, only a few of them) but I think that nobody can tell if they would be compatible with a stranger and that includes Mika.

And lastly.......seriously girls, I don't think any of us actually would have a chance with him...and it has nothing to do with us being "worthy of him", because if anything I do consider myself fantastically worthy of Mika-love and if anything he'd be incredibly lucky to have me:naughty: .

I am hinting in the direction of one of Christine's comments regarding the "V" word.....

Just quoting myself, as I still stand by what I said in 2007 :roftl::blush-anim-cl:

EDIT:

OMG! I just checked the date of my previous post, and it was the 26th Oct 2007!!

EXACTLY 3 years ago! :shock: WOW.

Edited by sariflor

I'm not IN LOVE with MIKA, I'm OBSESSED by him. I'm a secret mikaholic, who carefully hides everything related to MIKA, erases History on her computer before closing the lid and admits to "only sometimes" listening to MIKA's songs. I frequently have "hangovers" due to having listened to his music till early hours or watched his interviews in Youtube. I wake up grumpy, wanting more to relieve the shaking of my hands.

BUT, I would (probably) never leave my husband for MIKA. At least not before I knew him well as a person, not simply as a musician. In my daydreams, yes, in real life, no. I closed my eyes for a moment and imagined his face and now I'm not so sure any more, but most probably I'd be a coward. I've said before that most of all I would like to have him as my friend, but I've also added that I'd soon be wanting more than that. (Un)fortunatley, I will never have to make that choice.

As for what tiibet said about „not daydreaming about anyone else than my husband” - I never daydream about my husband. He's with me day in day out and I don't need to dream about him. I am committed to him though, and I respect and trust him and have all the other feelings necessary for a good partnership – that's what marriage is, isn't it? I wouldn't call it LOVE for this is just a convenient word people use to reassure themselves and the other person that they are OK in their relationship. „Love is just a cautionary, momentary, reactionary lie” and I'm not saying that because I'm fangurling, because this is what I believed in already before my MIKA-time. He just says is so much shorter and better. And for the very same reason I cannot claim I love MIKA. But I really would like to know him and, as someone in another thread put it „pick his brain”, because his so brilliantly witty and smart!

Yes I would leave my husband and would go with Mika..not only beacause Mika is beautiful,cute ,georgeous.etc...

Mika has an interior life amazing,I like his personality and he's sweet,sensitive passionate,sensual all the qualities that I love in a man and of course my husband hasn't:sneaky2:

If some day I had the oportunity I would go with Mika.. :wub2:

I know that it's a dream, probably never will happen,but I like to dream..

dreams and imagination are free...

and girls one thing it's true,I'm totally in love with Mika :mf_lustslow:

You're so right, girls!

I have voted YES, I could'nt resist.

He has - or at least I imagine he has - all the qualities I dream about for a man..:wub2: Sweetness, fantasy, sensitivity, sincerity, passion, kindness with people, brillant mind, tolerance, creativity .. and did I say he is absolutely gorgeous? :blush-anim-cl:

For married women who really fangurl over him, I guess the answer to this question is totally related to how happy you're in your real life, in your marriage...

I'm not really then I said yes and as I wrote few days ago on shrinks, I perfectly know there gonna have any consequence of my answer in my real life :teehee:..sadly..:sad:

So it's easier for me to say yes.

It's strange and a little bit in contradiction. I would like to leave my husband for Mika but I have choose someone with which it will never happens.

I don't know if you understand what I mean..:blink:

Having said that, I sincerely don't understand how people can spend hours on this forum and say they're just simple fans of his music.

If I was in this case, listening to his albums and going to 1 or 2 gigs per year would be fairly enough for me.

I have to admit my complete obsession and trust me, I'm quite disturbed by being obsessed, I'm not really proud of it :boxed:

Edited by francoise

I support the first part of your post.

But, as for daydreaming, I am fully aware that I am not a good woman for him, and I love may family. So, even if I love him, and admire, and cry sometimes, and fangurling, and feel all the love symptoms, I daydream only about being his friend (I wrote about it at Shrinks). I don't dream about a thing that could offence him. Of course, I'm a frequenter in gasmics, but I usually restrain myself from naughty comments. I admire him to the extent that he shows us himself.:naughty: without wild imagination :sneaky2:

Usually, I have imaginary conversations with him :blush-anim-cl::naughty:

Or I imagine that I work with him. Before my first gigs, I was visualizing being in the 1 row, what I will say at M&G and so on. If Mika read my mind, I wouldn't be embarrassed. It's not that I'm so prudent. I'm just realistic, and believe in visualization (because it helps!).

Even if I respect your thoughts Dreamy Queen and I understand your personal situation, how can you love him, admire him, cry for him, fangurling.. feel all the love symptoms and only want to be his friend or work with him? :boxed:

What a sad life you're preparing to yourself..

In this case, I rather prefer to stay away from him :sad:

It's so hard to be only friend with someone you sincerely love..

No criticism in my post, I just try to understand..:huglove:

I'm a frequenter of gasmics also even if I prefer by far smile and eyes' fan clubs. But I can maintain that I never had a thought that could offence him. I respect him a lot. I dream about him but in a romantic way :wub2:

I'm not IN LOVE with MIKA, I'm OBSESSED by him. I'm a secret mikaholic, who carefully hides everything related to MIKA, erases History on her computer before closing the lid and admits to "only sometimes" listening to MIKA's songs. I frequently have "hangovers" due to having listened to his music till early hours or watched his interviews in Youtube. I wake up grumpy, wanting more to relieve the shaking of my hands.

BUT, I would (probably) never leave my husband for MIKA. At least not before I knew him well as a person, not simply as a musician. In my daydreams, yes, in real life, no. I closed my eyes for a moment and imagined his face and now I'm not so sure any more, but most probably I'd be a coward. I've said before that most of all I would like to have him as my friend, but I've also added that I'd soon be wanting more than that. (Un)fortunatley, I will never have to make that choice.

As for what tiibet said about „not daydreaming about anyone else than my husband” - I never daydream about my husband. He's with me day in day out and I don't need to dream about him. I am committed to him though, and I respect and trust him and have all the other feelings necessary for a good partnership – that's what marriage is, isn't it? I wouldn't call it LOVE for this is just a convenient word people use to reassure themselves and the other person that they are OK in their relationship. „Love is just a cautionary, momentary, reactionary lie” and I'm not saying that because I'm fangurling, because this is what I believed in already before my MIKA-time. He just says is so much shorter and better. And for the very same reason I cannot claim I love MIKA. But I really would like to know him and, as someone in another thread put it „pick his brain”, because his so brilliantly witty and smart!

:floor: I can easily recognize myself in your description..

As of the 2nd part of your answer, the initial question was :"If Mika wanted to get together, would you leave your partner?"

So I assume we know each other, he has in the real life all the qualities I have guessed AND he is in love with me..:blush-anim-cl: Ok.. don't laught at me girls, we can dream, it's only an assumption :naughty:

So in this case and only in this case, I say yes, I would leave my husband for Mika because my life could be probably happier with him

Edited by francoise

It's so trippy to come back and read this thread three years later. :teehee:

So with the wisdom of three more years, I'm going to alter my answer: and that answer is no.

I stil believe that if Mika and I were working together or something and the temptation was mutual it would be next to impossible to resist, but would I actually want that to happen? Not for a second.

I'm very aware that this Mika world is, in some ways, escapism. And quite frankly if I were to run off with him, even for some steamy weekend fling, that would pop the escapist bubble and have a trickle-down effect throughout other parts of my life - to say nothing of my marriage. :aah:

You girls can have him. Just don't forget the occassional gig report. :das::roftl:

He cannot be domesticated, not yet anyway,

:roftl: i love this expression! mika, the house-trained pet...

As far as I am concerned, I think Mika is very attractive, but what I find most atttractive about him is the way he thinks, so I would kill to be able to have a proper conversation with him (you know, more that just the quick 5 minutes would you sign this) because I think we share a lot of common thinking and experiences... Don't know if that will happen one day but one can dream:naughty:

me too!

Feels good to not be the only irresolute one!:naughty:

i'm not voting. i don't really know mika. :shun:

:naughty:

I'm a secret mikaholic, who carefully hides everything related to MIKA, erases History on her computer before closing the lid and admits to "only sometimes" listening to MIKA's songs.

+1 :mf_rosetinted:

Ha, maybe it will give some hope that their Mika obsession will fade a bit one day. I didn't get a chance to do my long multiquote in the shrinks thread but I thought it was interesting/amusing to see some of the sentiments expressed in 2007 still alive with the more recently obsessed.

Now that I feel I do "know" him a little bit I like Mika in his pop star place in my life. There are benefits to being "just a fan" in that we never really see that miserable/boring/temperamental side you experience with family, friends and bosses. He's always good to us, always has a smile and a kind word. I feel sort of protected that way.

yes, there's hope. i'm actually back to almost normal compared to a year ago, and that feels great. i think i would be obsessed again if i went to another concert, so i'm thinking i won't go. but i love seeing my favorite artists live, and you give me reason to believe that after seeing him a few times i'll realize he's just a normal person...:teehee:

i mostly come here now because i like some of the threads (and some of the people). this has been a great topic for me, one of the reasons why i joined MFC at all, because i didn't like what was happening to me and wanted to know how other people dealt with the obsession and how it fit into their lives with husbands, etc... so it's been really helpful.

I think they were valid comments. :wink2: Personally I would seriously think about leaving my relationship if Mika was overtaking my husband's place in my heart, but I guess it's different if you have children. I tend to disagree that Mika is just a harmless "help" though, I think it's just exacerbating the problem. Yes it's better than having a real life affair, but it does nothing to solve the actual problem.

it is definitely very different with children.

but i agree with you. i believe that if there's an obsession to such an extent, then something is not ok. and no, the escapism does not solve the actual problem, it can make it worse.

maybe i'm a hopeless romantic but i wouldn't want to live like that. i have learned a lot about myself and my life over this past year, mostly things i knew before but they became a lot clearer...