I love you baby, but face it he's Mika

Christine

If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. If Mika wanted to get together would you leave your partner?

• Yes, I couldn't resist!
    • I'd think about it but I'd probably never do it
    • No, this Mika thing is just a bit of fun and I love my partner too much
    • Are you crazy? I don't even fancy Mika

Even if I respect your thoughts Dreamy Queen and I understand your personal situation, how can you love him, admire him, cry for him, fangurling.. feel all the love symptoms and only want to be his friend or work with him? :boxed:

What a sad life you're preparing to yourself..

In this case, I rather prefer to stay away from him :sad:

It's so hard to be only friend with someone you sincerely love..

No criticism in my post, I just try to understand..:huglove:

I'm a frequenter of gasmics also even if I prefer by far smile and eyes' fan clubs. But I can maintain that I never had a thought that could offence him. I respect him a lot. I dream about him but in a romantic way :wub2:

It's because I'm realistic and more romantic than passionate. I really appreciate his personality, so it is more important to be friends for a long long time than to be lovers for a short time (I still don't wanna live without my family :teehee:).

Having said that, I sincerely don't understand how people can spend hours on this forum and say they're just simple fans of his music.

If I was in this case, listening to his albums and going to 1 or 2 gigs per year would be fairly enough for me.

I have to admit my complete obsession and trust me, I'm quite disturbed by being obsessed, I'm not really proud of it

I must say, I loved his music from the winter 2007 - but until I started watching his interviews in YT I never had any fangurling thoughts. I just listened to his music - from time to time - and all I knew about him is that he is half-Lebanese. My husband was listening to his album at that times more often than me :naughty:

So, It's not music, but his interviews and vlogs, and live performances brought me here.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, this is so sweet!:huglove:

:aah:

I haven't even voted, I have a really hard time to decide and really like to keep all my options open!:mf_ rosetinted:

I didn't vote :lmfao:

I had to vote! I wanted to see what everyone else had voted :aah:

I mean, it is the first Forum I've ever been. I never thought of forums before i fell in love - I didn't need it, I had no idea about Facebook and Twitter as well. i wasn't such an Internet girl at that time, as I am now. If not Mika, I would just go on reading paper books :naughty:

+1 ...id still prob use the computer but not half as much as I do now... I spend nearly all my free time on the computer now :shocked: and i wouldnt stay up till early hours of the morning (cos ive been on MFC all night :sleep_1: )

...and maybe id be getting better grades at school :mf_rosetinted: especially english :mf_rosetinted:

NO WAY!!!! there HAS to be a mistake!!! :lmfao::aah:

:aah: what did you vote???

Edited by qwurtie
typooooooooo i hate thoughs edit thing at the bottom urgh ¬_¬

I'm not IN LOVE with MIKA, I'm OBSESSED by him. I'm a secret mikaholic, who carefully hides everything related to MIKA, erases History on her computer before closing the lid and admits to "only sometimes" listening to MIKA's songs. I frequently have "hangovers" due to having listened to his music till early hours or watched his interviews in Youtube. I wake up grumpy, wanting more to relieve the shaking of my hands.

BUT, I would (probably) never leave my husband for MIKA. At least not before I knew him well as a person, not simply as a musician. In my daydreams, yes, in real life, no. I closed my eyes for a moment and imagined his face and now I'm not so sure any more, but most probably I'd be a coward. I've said before that most of all I would like to have him as my friend, but I've also added that I'd soon be wanting more than that. (Un)fortunatley, I will never have to make that choice.

As for what tiibet said about „not daydreaming about anyone else than my husband” - I never daydream about my husband. He's with me day in day out and I don't need to dream about him. I am committed to him though, and I respect and trust him and have all the other feelings necessary for a good partnership – that's what marriage is, isn't it? I wouldn't call it LOVE for this is just a convenient word people use to reassure themselves and the other person that they are OK in their relationship. „Love is just a cautionary, momentary, reactionary lie” and I'm not saying that because I'm fangurling, because this is what I believed in already before my MIKA-time. He just says is so much shorter and better. And for the very same reason I cannot claim I love MIKA. But I really would like to know him and, as someone in another thread put it „pick his brain”, because his so brilliantly witty and smart!

I'm gonna start thinking that I'm being stalked girl!! :shocked::biggrin2:

I would!!!! But i would also leave Mika for a friend of mine :teehee:

Bad girl...:das: The other one is also curly haired ı suppouse... :aah:

And don't worry about Meeks I'll be there to cheer him up dear... :naughty:

-Look there is a three-headed monkey behind you!

-Where?? Where??!!

-*runs with mika*

-Darn! Not again...

-Look there is a purple polar bear behind you!

-Not this time...

*Mika goes with someone else*

-Shoot!

It's so trippy to come back and read this thread three years later. :teehee:

So with the wisdom of three more years, I'm going to alter my answer: and that answer is no.

I stil believe that if Mika and I were working together or something and the temptation was mutual it would be next to impossible to resist, but would I actually want that to happen? Not for a second.

I'm very aware that this Mika world is, in some ways, escapism. And quite frankly if I were to run off with him, even for some steamy weekend fling, that would pop the escapist bubble and have a trickle-down effect throughout other parts of my life - to say nothing of my marriage. :aah:

You girls can have him. Just don't forget the occassional gig report. :das::roftl:

:roftl::roftl:

:roftl: i love this expression! mika, the house-trained pet...

A good husband - isn't he a "house-trained pet" anyway and I mean it with the biggest respect I have for my husband.

"Thought you found the man you wanted

Until you turn him into something new"

It's amazing how MIKA in his songs has put my thoughts, which I tend to express in a rather lengthy and clumsy way, in just a few prefect lines. A marriage or partnership is all about making compromises, finding the "golden mean". In the process you change yourself and you change the other person and sometimes the result does not satisfy you and you opt to split up. I've gone through the process and I'm happy with the result and that's why I would think twice before eloping with MIKA. Or with anyone, for that matter. MIKA has flaws, that's for sure, we just don't know about these. We see the side of him he has chosen to show but I'm positive that the moment we started living with him would be the moment we started changing him. We have this illusion of what he's like and we'd want to turn him into the vision.

I doubt there is anyone reading the thread admitting that (s)he :wink2: would be happy with the MIKA the way he is. And this is absolutely normal. And this is also why relationships like that are doomed to fail. We fancy a public figure, we have an illusion of him, we by chance get together, he's not like we've imagined in real life, we'd want to turn him into our illusion, he wouldn't change (not as much as we'd like to) and we'd split up. It's more difficult with people we think we know well (read: have created an illusion of) before we actually meet them. When you get to know an "ordinary" person you have no expectations (or you have a lot less of these) and you learn to know him based on what you see and thus you have a clearer picture of what he actually is.

Thinking of MIKA we see him as a gorgeous-looking, sensitive, friendly, witty .... man with a fabulous smile and the most perfect curls (and again so on) and we tend to think that this IS him also in RL but the fact is that we don't know.

OK, I'm starting to repeat myself already so I put a full stop, but I think you understand what I'm saying.

Edited by Siu

Bad girl...:das: The other one is also curly haired ı suppouse... :aah:

And don't worry about Meeks I'll be there to cheer him up dear... :naughty:

I just love... ops... like him a lot :teehee: and yep he is curly haired :wink2::naughty:

okie dokie... but can i have some alone time w. his tummy sometimes? :roftl::das:

Edited by Dark Angel

Oh don't be so greedy honey... :naughty:

You can't both leave him for another curly haired and then want to spent some time with his tummy!! :wags_finger::roftl:

It's not fair...

so Mikas tummy or my friend :shocked::naughty: OK i can always drool over Mikas tummy and the rest of him :das: But not easy to find one as big hearted as the one i would leave him for! So you take care of the lebanese tall curly haired guy and i will take care of the swedish tall curly haird guy :wink2: deal? :naughty:

so Mikas tummy or my friend :shocked::naughty: OK i can always drool over Mikas tummy and the rest of him :das: But not easy to find one as big hearted as the one i would leave him for! So you take care of the lebanese tall curly haired guy and i will take care of the swedish tall curly haird guy :wink2: deal? :naughty:

sounds pretty good to me... :das:

Everybody is happy... :roftl:

sounds pretty good to me... :das:

Everybody is happy... :roftl:

Yep... kinda... i will miss touching his tummy though :das::lmfao: I donno if the curly haired im going to take care of has a tummy like that... i doubt. Not possible for any person :naughty: Could ask if i can check when i see him next month :lmfao:

Possibilities are endless...:wink2:

yeah! never say never and anything is possible :thumb_yello: cant believe im saying that :blink: I can always hope he will shoot the music vid. shirtless or see him change cloth... :naughty: oooooooor he wanna meet up the day before the shoot... the chance will maybe be a lil bigger there then :wink2::naughty:

i'm not voting. i don't really know mika. :shun:

:naughty:

+1 :mf_rosetinted:

As much as this comment looks like a joke you have valid point!

Who (REALLY) is the person we would run of with....?:naughty:

I have never truly fancied Mika because I think I'm too much of a realist for the suspension of disbelief necessary to imagine running off anywhere with Mika (husband or no husband), but I definitely went through that phase of wishing I could know him/be friends with him/work with him/whatever.

It would benefit the fan club, so yes please!:roftl:

What I mean is that you already do or have done different things, like helping him to make his blog ready for responses and now with the flower and fund-raising. And I would guess that there are things going on behind the scene that we don't know about but will have advantage of in the future.

I think they were valid comments. :wink2: Personally I would seriously think about leaving my relationship if Mika was overtaking my husband's place in my heart, but I guess it's different if you have children. I tend to disagree that Mika is just a harmless "help" though, I think it's just exacerbating the problem. Yes it's better than having a real life affair, but it does nothing to solve the actual problem. I've seen a few husbands who don't think it's a great idea either and that's why some fans from 2007 are no longer posting much on MFC. :teehee:

Aw, thank you, I needed that for my self esteem!:huglove:

I had to vote! I wanted to see what everyone else had voted :aah:

You can also press View Poll Results!:thumb_yello:

Ok, it's holiday and I must admit I just discover this thread ! :teehee:

I had so much fun reading it, especially the girls who posted at the beginning in 2007...

I love Sara how you quote you again, it must be funny 3 years after to think the same :wink2:

I juste voted the 3rd answer ! Well, I'm not married, but I am with my lovely boyfriend since 7 years now :blush-anim-cl: So that's count a lot because he is the man of my life :teehee:

I must admit he's quite jealous of Mika. Well, obviously, he knows that there will never be anything in RL but he is quite jealous I find Mika gorgeous :wub2:

He knows I love his music and I love the performer but he also knows I find Mika so cute and charming. Honestly, Mika is so endearing :wub2:

He doesn't feel the same when I find Jude Law so handsome or I don't know who, because I'm not on the Internet on forums or looking at Youtube vids. And I don't travel to see him perform.

Moreover, Mika is physically totally the kind of man I find charming : tall, dark hair, dark eyes and curly hair :wub2: My boyfriend is exactly the same kind of man, luckily I met him before Mika was known because I could have some troubles :naughty: He could have thought I picked him because he kind of look likes like Mika !

But my boyfriend knows I'm just fan and he knows I met lovely people that I love to meet back on gigs and he knows it's my little world so he is totally OK with me to go on many gigs :thumb_yello: I am lucky ! Even if he doesn't understand me, he knows I need that

My mother thought I was in love with Mika ! :roftl: Yes, she knows I find him so cute and she thinks he's cute too ! But she didn't understand I can do many gigs and being that kind of fans so she thought I must have been in love ! I explained to her everything and how I saw my Mika fan life and she understood I didn't "love" him... but was sure I am a little bit crazy, but that's another story :aah:

To finish, I don't think Mika in this way. I just find him so talented, so handsome... But for me, he's not RL ! He stays in my fantasy world and he is perfect in that position :blush-anim-cl: I need him that way.

That's very strange because when I meet him, it's just like "normal" ! Except the first time, but I'm not impressed by him at all ! I'm impressed by the Mika on stage, but not the Mika I meet. Don't know how to express my thoughts

I dream about him sometimes, but I think it's normal because he is part of my "life"

Personally I would seriously think about leaving my relationship if Mika was overtaking my husband's place in my heart, but I guess it's different if you have children. I tend to disagree that Mika is just a harmless "help" though, I think it's just exacerbating the problem. Yes it's better than having a real life affair, but it does nothing to solve the actual problem. I've seen a few husbands who don't think it's a great idea either and that's why some fans from 2007 are no longer posting much on MFC. :teehee:

it is definitely very different with children.

but i agree with you. i believe that if there's an obsession to such an extent, then something is not ok. and no, the escapism does not solve the actual problem, it can make it worse.

maybe i'm a hopeless romantic but i wouldn't want to live like that. i have learned a lot about myself and my life over this past year, mostly things i knew before but they became a lot clearer...

You're both right.

It's absolutely not a solution. It can even be only worse. Actually for me, it is because while I distract my mind with Mika, I'm not facing my problems.. I know it and I do it on purpose.

My Mika addiction is just a short term help, very short term..

I'm just looking for my day-to-day oxygen - omg I feel so pathetic :naughty:

Sometimes, you don't have the energy, the courage, the force to build long-term plan and try to find constructive solutions to your problems.

After many years of tries, I don't have enough energy right now (hope it will change some days)

But I'm absolutely conscious that it will not solve anything neither brings me somewhere.. expect maybe being heading for disaster...:sad:

OMG, I'm writing things here that I have never told to anyone before..

Thanks to internet anonymous relationship :naughty:

Hope you will not judge me badly.. I just say what I feel

As for the kids, I guess that's why I'm looking for an inoffensive help, as I said..

Edited by francoise

You're both right.

It's absolutely not a solution. It can even be only worse. Actually for me, it is because while I distract my mind with Mika, I'm not facing my problems.. I know it and I do it on purpose.

Sometimes, you don't have the energy, the courage, the force to build long-term plan and try to find constructive solutions to your problems.

After many years of tries, I don't have enough energy right now (hope it will change some days)

But I'm absolutely conscious that it will not solve anything neithers bring me somewhere.. expect maybe being heading for disaster...:sad:

OMG, I'm writing things here that I have never told to anybody before..

Thanks to internet anonymous relationship :naughty:

Hope you will not judge me badly.. I just say what I feel

As for the kids, I guess that's why I'm looking for an inoffensive help, as I said..

I'm sorry to read this my friend. Just want to let you know that even if I am on the other side of the universe, you can always lean on me if you need a shoulder.

I totally understand how you feel, Mika can sometimes be an escape from my RL:teehee:

I'm sorry to read this my friend. Just want to let you know that even if I am on the other side of the universe, you can always lean on me if you need a shoulder.

I totally understand how you feel, Mika can sometimes be an escape from my RL:teehee:

Thanks Cathy :huglove:

Anyway, while I'm here I'm fine and I have a lot of fun with great friends :thumb_yello:

You know Francoise that I understand you perfectly...I'm in the same situation..

Mika give me the happiness that the man who have near me doesn't give me..

my love for Mika is more than a superficial love,I love the way he's..and makes me feel emotions and feelings that I had forgotten

Mika is a real man for me and now he's part of my life..

I think of him every day and every minute of my life...

I'm not sure that I can live without him... my life is unhappy and maybe for that I need Mika

I'm not a teenager and I know what I say..

I know that Alba..

I like your honesty. You're brave to say that :huglove:

I don't think you should feel pathetic or maybe I'm saying that only to comfort myself, because I totally share your feelings. A MIKA a day keeps my sorrows away :roftl:. I'm referring to his songs, of course :wink2:. One of my friends once said she listens to MIKA when she's blue, it helps her cheer up again. I do it in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Maybe I'm just in the very early stage of MIKAttraction - next week will be 3 months since discovering him. I'm not complaining, because it doesn't make me sad, I get my everyday things more or less done. Actually I'm happier than I was before because I feel alive again. I've had little flings like that in my head a few times before (which maybe doesn't make me the best wife, but I think I'm not alone in the boat, but sitting there with a large number of other women. And men) but I can't compare these to what I'm feeling now. Previous cases have been with men I've known in RL which has been one reason why these have not lasted, because A) they've turned out to be less perfect than my illusions :wink2: and B) I'm not looking for any trouble in my RL.

The MIKAland in my head is a place I go (maybe too often, if you asked my husband) to find my peace. He stands for so many things I believe in but have not had the courage to admit. One thing I've learned from him is that you should not limit yourself and you should not be ashamed of what you do or believe in.

wow, i never saw this thread! :blink::naughty:

i'm single, so of course i'd go for it. :das::roftl: apart from that, my answer would be, it depends on my partner. if i truly love him, and he loves me too, i wouldn't leave him for anyone in the world. not even be tempted. true love is too hard to find to throw it away that easily. :wink2:

ok, wait, let me rephrase that - it would be enough if i loved my partner, and thought he loved me too. :doh: i wouldn't have left my ex for mika. but my ex left me, so let's face it, i'd be totally screwed if i had gotten the chance but said no to mika because of such a guy! :lmfao:

I don't think you should feel pathetic or maybe I'm saying that only to comfort myself, because I totally share your feelings. A MIKA a day keeps my sorrows away :roftl:. I'm referring to his songs, of course :wink2:. One of my friends once said she listens to MIKA when she's blue, it helps her cheer up again. I do it in order to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

Maybe I'm just in the very early stage of MIKAttraction - next week will be 3 months since discovering him. I'm not complaining, because it doesn't make me sad, I get my everyday things more or less done. Actually I'm happier than I was before because I feel alive again. I've had little flings like that in my head a few times before (which maybe doesn't make me the best wife, but I think I'm not alone in the boat, but sitting there with a large number of other women. And men) but I can't compare these to what I'm feeling now. Previous cases have been with men I've known in RL which has been one reason why these have not lasted, because A) they've turned out to be less perfect than my illusions :wink2: and B) I'm not looking for any trouble in my RL.

The MIKAland in my head is a place I go (maybe too often, if you asked my husband) to find my peace. He stands for so many things I believe in but have not had the courage to admit. One thing I've learned from him is that you should not limit yourself and you should not be ashamed of what you do or believe in.

Thanks Siu. It's good to not feel alone in the boat..:naughty:

I totally agree with you about feeling alive again

That's the reason why I love so much Mika. He has waken up so many emotions and feelings in me.

I'm really much more happy now than 1 year ago.

When I listen to his music and watch his live performances, I remember how life can be beautiful, colorful and full of emotions..:wub2: