John - the tour manager

ellen

John wanted to wish MFC'ers a Merry Xmas, so he asked for this message to be posted:

"John Dubuque, Mika's tour manager, would like to wish all the MFC'ers around the world peace, love and riches for the holiday season and the New Year.

For the past 3'5 years you have all enriched my life, and I hope that this seasonal message will in some small way enrich yours. Happy Christmas!"

Isn't that a nice message? :wub2: Especially from a grumpy bugger, eh Bab? (previous post) :roftl:

Thanks for sharing this Sara, such a sweet message!

Merry Christmas John, if you are reading this! A huge thank you for being so kind and helpful! I hope you know we really, really appreciate everything! :wub2:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

John wanted to wish MFC'ers a Merry Xmas, so he asked for this message to be posted:

"John Dubuque, Mika's tour manager, would like to wish all the MFC'ers around the world peace, love and riches for the holiday season and the New Year.

For the past 3'5 years you have all enriched my life, and I hope that this seasonal message will in some small way enrich yours. Happy Christmas!"

Isn't that a nice message? :wub2: Especially from a grumpy bugger, eh Bab? (previous post) :roftl:

Awwwwww! Thank you John!

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Hope you have a restful holiday! :huglove:

From Tegan and the Aussie Mikamites

Why John didn`t accompany Mika in recent concerts? (Turkey, Coimbra, Argentina, Chile, Brazil? These concerts were probably very hard for Mika, after the accident at Paloma,..., I always thought that John is an important support for Mika in these moments.I surprised that John wasn`t there. Do you know why he wasn`t with Mika in this moment?

Thank you !

Well, I'm also sure that John is a great support to Mika when on tour, for sure; They have been "together" for a long time and John is always the man who sorts everything out during the tours, so it would be impossible for it not to be the case, I think. But these last gigs were not a tour. They were isolated gigs (mostly festivals) which obviously don't require as much planning or organising as a proper tour, so I guess this is why there was no tour manager, and things were handled by Mika's business managers :dunno:

A bit like when he does promo trips to radios/TV stations and little gigs and showcases, etc... He always takes his manager Iain when in Europe and Rich when in the US.

I'm sure that when Mika goes on a proper tour again he will have a tour manager, and I can't see why it wouldn't be John again, unless John happened to be busy with something else and had a prior commitment by the time Mika decided to go on tour.

i wonder if he pronounces it "en francais" :naughty: it is pronounced "Du" as in "du gateau" "Bu" rimes with Du and the que is pronounced like the sound of a K

actually, this is pretty much how it sounds: http://translate.google.com/#fr|fr|dubuque *hit the "listen" button*

Yes, that is how he says it

Ha, I'd be surprised if he maintained the French pronunciation. Americans say de-byuke when they are talking about Dubuque, Iowa.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?ggdubu01.wav=Dubuque

Actually, he must be proud of his French roots cause he definitely pronounces it "Du" and not "De" :teehee:

Yes, that is how he says it

Actually, he must be proud of his French roots cause he definitely pronounces it "Du" and not "De" :teehee:

i knew that because of my colander! :naughty:

which reminds me, i should decorate it for xmas & see if i pick anything else on it!

And he says "boook" instead of "byuke"? I guess he's Canadian eh. :biggrin2:

i knew that because of my colander! :naughty

:lmfao: Yours has better reception than mine.

i knew that because of my colander! :naughty:

which reminds me, i should decorate it for xmas & see if i pick anything else on it!

:roftl: I can't wait to hear what you pick up. And of course send us pictures of your festive Device!

Actually, didn't he say that his name comes from some French Canadian in his family? So there :wink2:

:lmfao: Yours has better reception than mine.

well, as the inventor of the colander communication device, it's only normal that mine is stronger and picks up things that are unheard to anyone else using the device.

hope it doesn't make you too too jealous :teehee:

:roftl: I can't wait to hear what you pick up. And of course send us pictures of your festive Device!

Actually, didn't he say that his name comes from some French Canadian in his family? So there :wink2:

I knew it! i knew it!! :aah: that's why he's such a good man & he puts up with alot of **ap !!! :pinkbow:

actually, his name in la belle province of Québec has 2 different ways of spelling, but same pronounciation: Dubuque & also Dubuc (this one is more common here)

Really nice to him. Thanks to saint John :wub2:

Thank you for your lovely message :flowers2:, John that's so sweet of you :wub2:

Have a wonderful, happy Christmas and I wish for your the best in 2011! :groupwave::group_hug: from MFCers with love