Mika @ Vorst Nationaal Brussels(Belgium) - 13-11-2007: REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that's left for me to say about this gig:

It's one I'll have mixed feelings about forever I think... I felt lik WTF am I doing here standing in the pouring rain and cold for hours? But I was also very glad that all the belgian people came to me and asked: hey are you droopsy?? hihi, that was cute, and I'm glad I met them, they were all great (btw stien, sky, heksekatje:no problem :thumb_yello: )

During the gig I had a horrible spot so I couldn't even see mika, so i felt bad again. After the gig with the signing and the camera guy thing I was so happy again, really happy.

But then some stuff I heard afterwards made me disappointed again...

So I dunno....I'm still waiting for the perfect gig, I'll still have to go to at least 5 gigs or something :mf_rosetinted:

It's one I'll have mixed feelings about forever I think... I felt lik WTF am I doing here standing in the pouring rain and cold for hours? But I was also very glad that all the belgian people came to me and asked: hey are you droopsy?? hihi, that was cute, and I'm glad I met them, they were all great (btw stien, sky, heksekatje:no problem :thumb_yello: )

During the gig I had a horrible spot so I couldn't even see mika, so i felt bad again. After the gig with the signing and the camera guy thing I was so happy again, really happy.

So I dunno....I'm still waiting for the perfect gig, I'll still have to go to at least 5 gigs or something :mf_rosetinted:

I'm so sorry that it wasn't 100% perfect for you...! :thumbdown: When I met you I already had the idea that you weren't altogether happy, or at least not as happy as you'd expect a Mikafan to be at a Mikaconcert! :wink2:

Ah well, you just have to go to an enormous amount of other concerts to make up for it! :naughty:

what stuff dissapointed you afterwards then?

But his eyes are one of the most beautiful things about him, especially when he looks into yours...

ok, I should stop, with every sentence I write it loose more and more credibility :wink2:

Oh, I saw a piece about his gig yesterday on 'de rode loper' where he said it again: the best gig of his live.... It even looks as if he was overwhelmed by emotions (but maybe that's only me who wants to believe that)

http://www.een.be/televisie1_master/programmas/e_rolo_vandaag/index.shtml

I loved that part!:naughty:

OK, short report. :wink2:

Going to Brussels was a VERY last minute decision, born on the Monday night on MSN with Niki and on Tuesday morning I decided to go although I wasn't feeling really well. Took me more than 3 hours to get to the venue - I ended up in a 'deviation' close to the venue, driving around in circles until I saw a police car. So I asked for directions and the nice policemen said 'follow us' and I ended up at the venue. :biggrin2:

Joined the queue and it started to rain... Sharing umbrellas can be nice but in this case we only got cold and wet. Even my ticket. I was so happy when we went in - warm and dry. But I was shivering for hours, I only took off my hoodie after the 5th song and my scarf stayed on for the entire gig. :naughty:

But... the show was AMAZING!! Much better than Amsterdam, with an 'extended version' of Stuck in the Middle and an 'extra filled' version of How Much Do You Love Me! Mikas voice was perfect this time (I wonder if the instruments were... the piano sounded out of tune...) and he even did a correct band introduction: 'presenter' instead of 'introduire'. :naughty:

Now I REALLY believe what Simon told me about Mika being a language wonder :das: - I expected Mika to speak Dutch like he did in Amsterdam, but he actually spoke Flemish which is slightly different. :biggrin2: Niki said it wasn't Flemish, but I recognized the differences: in Amsterdam he said 'platenmaatschappij' and in Brussels 'platenfirma', in Amsterdam he said 'dat zullen we nog wel eens zien' and in Brussels he said 'we zullen zien'. Yeah, a real language wonder. :biggrin2:

Had to split up this report because of the amount of smileys - to be continued.

OK, what else... I didn't meet Mika afterwards, I was warming up myself with some hot tea because I was still cold. I had the Flag with me - which was over the fence during the gig because I was front row on the left. There was a French girl (about my age - I still refuse to call myself a woman) on my left, she only spoke a tiny little bit of English and I only speak a tiny little bit of French, but we did our best to understand each other and we had so much fun together. During Grace Kelly we waved the Flag together although she wasn't even an MFC'er. :thumb_yello:

About the Flag: after the gig our lovely busdriver Simon signed it. On the last day of the Dodgy Holiday Tour for him, he is not doing the UK leg of the tour. I asked him if I could take a picture of it and post it on the forum and he said 'sure!' so I will do that later.

And now I'm still cold. And tired. And I have sore ears (should have used my earplugs, I was getting a cold anyway). And I have to fly to Glasgow on Friday. I hope this spontaneous plan won't work against me in the end. :wink2:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any pics. I managed to sneak my camera in but then I found out that the batteries were low, very low. :thumbdown:

But. What I wanted to tell you is that I'm a Mika fan again. He was amazing in Dusseldorf although his voice wasn't that good, he was a bit more 'quiet' in Amsterdam - which was not bad though - and he just rocked last night in Brussels! :punk: :punk:

I think in Glasgow I will try to reach the front row in the middle again - like with my very first Mika gig in Birmingham earlier this year. Want to be touched by Grey Skully too... :blush-anim-cl:

But. What I wanted to tell you is that I'm a Mika fan again. He was amazing in Dusseldorf although his voice wasn't that good, he was a bit more 'quiet' in Amsterdam - which was not bad though - and he just rocked last night in Brussels! :punk: :punk:

I think in Glasgow I will try to reach the front row in the middle again - like with my very first Mika gig in Birmingham earlier this year. Want to be touched by Grey Skully too... :blush-anim-cl:

grey skully touched me sunday, it was great :naughty:

just water. I have that on video.

so here comes finally my report! but don't kill me if your hopes were higher than this lol

I left my place with fanny and béré in the car a bit after 9 am, and we arrived in brussels around noon. But the most difficult part wasn’t done yet. We still had to find the forest national, which took quite some time. Thank god I had a brilliant idea mwahahaha : I took a picture of a city map that hang on a bus station and used the picture to find the direction. We asked a few people but my "map" was finally what helped us, because before we kept going into the wrong directions !

So we arrived there at 1 pm and started queuing in the line where nobody was standing yet. It was really the worst queuing I ever experienced it was raining most of the time and in the end my hair was as wet as if I had just washed it although I was standing partly under an umbrella, my arms were all wet and before all my ass ! don’t ask me how that happened lol my feet were aching so bad at one point I was hardly able to move. Anyway I’m gonna stop talking about the eternal suffering the whole afternoon :P When we were let in Stien slipped and fell on the ground (it was absolutely logical with wet shoes) and I started to slip too and couldn’t help but fall over her. Thinking back upon it I’m laughing so hard, because at one moment we were in quite a strange position :naughty: but sorry anyway ! so I kept running and it really wasn’t easy to get to stage. But I mangaged to get second row behind olga at the catwalk. Then I noticed that between her and the guy next to her there was a small spot, so I started to work my way in there lol first one arm, then two (I’m giving you advices here :naughty: ) and I finally ended up at my dream spot: front row in the exact middle in front of the catwalk!

When Mika was about to start some photographers were standing in front of us and I started to nicely argue with one of them. He was really sorry and gave me his official badge

Even before Mika entered on stage the crowd was already all hyper! We saw some laolas: amazing! Then he entered and seriously I never saw a crowd like this! We were regularly stamping our feet on the ground jumping and screaming like crazy. You could hardly hear the beginning of the gig because of the screaming lol He even had to wait some moments before he could start with my interpretation and said that already after 2 songs he didn’t know what to say anymore! I got some videos to show the atmosphere, especially how much do you love me and SiTM were amazing. And the end was really sth I feel lucky to have been able to live, the crowd always wanted more and one could see they were truly amazed by us hihi

After the gig it was raining again so we stayed inside as long as possible, until they threw us out actually lol and soon after that we saw people running towards the artist exit. We hurried and then we noticed people starting to queue. We went at "the end of the line" (lol) and he took quite some time with each person. We talked with him about how he finally understood that introduire in French doesn’t mean introduce and he said that he saw us laughing when he said "présenter" on stage. So funny! Those that had already gotten their autograph had gone, so we were like 10 people left and fanny asked if we could take a picture with him. And he agreed to group pictures wooooooooooooooooooooooot a picture with him has always been one of my biggest dreams! So we split in two groups and took two pictures, which btw I’d like to see lol I’m so happy about that. I really didn’t think that would ever happen. He was so nice and sweet yesterday

After he left a few people stayed to talk to his mom. But I left with niki and blue and we were allowed to drink a cup of coffee with simon inside the bus! we chatted a little about everything and it was so great to see the inside of the bus. Really luxurious! They are so lucky!

And I know I’m lucky too

Inisde the bus!!!!!! haha!!!! Nice one:thumb_yello:

The lights went out, the crowd was going nuts !

Then Sara did the angel thing (I know her name is not sara, but you know who I mean. Her name is so difficult to remember

The tune of relax started and everyone was screaming like hell.

I heard Mika sing, but didn't realise he was already on stage. Suddenly the lights went on and I saw him standing there, WOW it was amazing, the vibe was.... great!

I saw him in real life! god, that's so much better then the video's :naughty:

I thought that he was sooo skinny though, I think he looks a little bit bigger on pics (no offense)

When he said Hi in French I got soo dissapointed, I thought he would speak French the whole night! and I can't understand French :thumbdown:

then he said Hi in Dutch, my friend and I were screaming like mad! (you had to see the faces of the French people around us, it was sooo funny :-D) before Billy Brown he spoke Dutch again. He is funny when he speaks Dutch, but he is good in it for an Englishman, really.

*thinks*

the guy infront of me moved a bit, so I could see everything and the girl stopped pushing (happily)

Love today was GREAT, that's my favourite song and the drumming part was amazing, when he took of his shirt and all the girls start screaming (I didn't I think he looks like a normal guy actually)

Like you guys know he thowed water at Cherisse (poor girl) the rest of the band was laughing at her. After that, Mikey thought it was a good idea to give Cherisse another shower (you had to see Mika laugh at her, he really seamed like an annoying big brother :roftl: )

Mika and Cherisse were challenging each other and the drumming leasted really long (that was my favourite part)

and then he throwed his drumsticks in the audience, one of them allmost fell on my nose! I jumped to grab it and thought OMG, yes! it's mine, but then that annoying tall guy infront of me grabbed it

I could punch him against his nose, but I thought that wasn't such a good idea, because he was a head taller then me. Then Mika put on the tintin shirt, you had to see him, he knew we liked him even more because of that

He let us sing a lot and like someone already said, he really looked amazed. Maybe that was because of the whole Mika name thing and because he cancelled Werchter.

The gig was over and I searched for my mum.

She didn't expected a lot of it, because he sings so high. But she had to admit: That guy has a VOICE!

really OMG

She wants to go with me to the next gig in Belgium, because she liked it so much

after the gig, I went to the rest of the MFC and signed the flag.

We had to wait until 12 O'clock and then Mika came.

We had to form a row.

I stood next to Konijntje and suddely he asked her how she was and I was getting nervous because I never speak English, he signed my CD and I gave him my letter. He gave it to Jerry (?) (his tourmanager, the one with fair hair)

He said that I didn't had to worry, that he would'n never throw it away, he said he wasn't like that and that he would read it. I said okay and I wanted to say something but I saw he wanted to go to his hotel, I understood completely. He already gave my a great first gig and an aseome night (and an autograph ;-) )

I said goodbye, thank you so much and he looked up. I thought that he looked at me on a strange way, but that could have been my imagination.

I went home with painfull, frozen feeth, I had it very cold, because my clothes were still wet and was very tired, but I saw Mika singing live, I got an autograph and bought a Mika rosette

Sorry, I know it's a little bit too long

Aw I loved your report!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, thank you! Did you get home safely? I hope you enjoyed yourself, but I'm sure you did! We'll def meet again for a gig, you're a nice girl and you didn't have to be nervous about meeting us. Standing in line was a lot more fun with you in it :)

Thank you Monco

I liked you also a lot,realy you're so sweet.

Sorry I spelled your name wrong in that post you quoted.

I got save home but I've slept about 3 hours,couldn't sleep at all.

How about you and Droopsy?

Can't wait till the next gig.

thank you so much for your amazing reports, girls!! :punk:

I really wish i would have been there now...

Why oh why am i not a millionaire? :boxed::roftl::sneaky2::mf_rosetinted:

That is what I feel in the moment. Why I would have been there? Brussels is not so far away from my home. But I was not able to get a free day from work for this. In the future I will block the dates of the gigs in the working plan as soon as possible. :wink2:

But I'm happy that you had a great time. Your reports sounds amazing and I'm so happy for the Mikster that he had such an amazing audience. He also had been on a cloud after the gig - not only you guys.

In the last days since Amsterdam I'm in a sad mood. I think I'm on deprivation. Want more gigs and more and more. And I have the feeling that I didn't use my chance to say Mika something special after the gig... Sorry, I don't want to be so negative. I think I should not read the reviews - I always want to have a time mashine and beam me in the audience.

OK, London is coming...

Couldn't stand close to the rest of MFC because of some 14 year olds but I met a very nice gay boy who was standing next to me. And the both of us had a great time during the gig together.

Hi hi!

Gay boy? Ow me :P Thx for the great night girl! You’re great! And mika great and HOOOOTTTTT, lol :D I arrived around a quarter before seven but nevertheless stood at the front! (left of the podium) Near the MFC!

And mika! Thanks to look a couple times in my eyes :P (Ok, the ten people around me thinks also that it was in their eyes :P) The gig was simply perfect! :punk:

kisses Jeffrey

(ow and sorry fot my terrible English)

Hi hi!

Gay boy? Ow me :P Thx for the great night girl! You’re great! And mika great and HOOOOTTTTT, lol :D I arrived around a quarter before seven but nevertheless stood at the front! (left of the podium) Near the MFC!

And mika! Thanks to look a couple times in my eyes :P (Ok, the ten people around me thinks also that it was in their eyes :P) The gig was simply perfect! :punk:

kisses Jeffrey

(ow and sorry fot my terrible English)

:welcomeani: glad you've such great time!:biggrin2: