Mika @ Vorst Nationaal Brussels(Belgium) - 13-11-2007: REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Ok, here I go...

This was my first Mika-gig ever. I tought that I knew how I would feel after reading all your reports en seeing all of this youtibe-footage... Bot OH MY GOD how wrong was I????

He really really took my breath away, he sang sooooo good. The audience was unbelievable, the more we sang, the more he smiled. At a certain point, he didn't even know what to say anymore. He just stared at us, starstruck while the whole crowd was going mad. When it tdidn't stop he just started to laugh hysterically and jumped up en down like a little kid.

Because the audience was soooo interactive, he made Stuck in the Middel two times as long, made us sing very difficult pieces, it was like a battle: us against him. He looked at us with some kind of "now show me what you've got"-look, and the crowd played along.

Insanity is the word that comes up to me when I think about it.

Same thing happened with Love Today: the drum solo didn't seem to stop. Everyone was hitting everything. He threw the water on Cherisse, she started chasing him with her drumsticks. He took his shirt off (oh god, what a body) and put the Tintin-T-shirt on. He show it to the crowd with a very proud face, and got a huge applaus in return.

What can I say? I was loosing my mind, I think.

Holy Johnny was funny, the band was having fun (as usual I think) Mika lost himself in some sort of praying, he looked out of his mind, but I loved it!

Let me think... oh, let me say it (once again) he said at a certain point:

"Me and my band, we've NEVER seen this before, you are the best audience we ever had"

I realised at the end that the gig had been 1 hour and 40 minutes!!!! I don't think he's ever played so long!

Anyway, after it ended, we waited for him. Security was not so nice, but I was warned by the other reports.

But he was awesome. So down to earth! Conversation was like this:

-"I have to say, you were unbelievable tonight. And your Flemisch accent was really good"

-(made a cute little picture on my dvd) well thank you! It was very hard (the flemish)

-you did a great job

-what's that on your face?

-I tried to paint a little of your artwork on my cheek, but it's messed up because I sweated so much

-(starts laughing very hard) yeah, ik looks like you've been punched in the face right now!!! (laughs uncontrolled while pretending to punch me)

-(I laughed too) yeah, but it doesn't matter now, it's over isn't it?

and then the security guy said: "Yeah, I saw you girls standing in front of the stage, they were singing along to every single line"

And then Mika looked at us, very sweet, said thank you. We said thank you, and we went away.

I think it's amazing that he takes the time to sign for everyone. Even if he can't remember the faces becaus he has seen so much, I think it's wonderful.

Ok, I'll upload some video's later....

Time to get to my books!

(oh, and droopsy, thanks for the glowsticks!)

-Stien-

Aww, what a great report. Sounds like an AMAZING show (probably understatement of the century for you).

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great!! What did Mika splash onto Cherisse?? It is much longer drumming than usual.

just water. I have that on video.

so here comes finally my report! but don't kill me if your hopes were higher than this lol

I left my place with fanny and béré in the car a bit after 9 am, and we arrived in brussels around noon. But the most difficult part wasn’t done yet. We still had to find the forest national, which took quite some time. Thank god I had a brilliant idea mwahahaha : I took a picture of a city map that hang on a bus station and used the picture to find the direction. We asked a few people but my "map" was finally what helped us, because before we kept going into the wrong directions !

So we arrived there at 1 pm and started queuing in the line where nobody was standing yet. It was really the worst queuing I ever experienced it was raining most of the time and in the end my hair was as wet as if I had just washed it although I was standing partly under an umbrella, my arms were all wet and before all my ass ! don’t ask me how that happened lol my feet were aching so bad at one point I was hardly able to move. Anyway I’m gonna stop talking about the eternal suffering the whole afternoon :P When we were let in Stien slipped and fell on the ground (it was absolutely logical with wet shoes) and I started to slip too and couldn’t help but fall over her. Thinking back upon it I’m laughing so hard, because at one moment we were in quite a strange position :naughty: but sorry anyway ! so I kept running and it really wasn’t easy to get to stage. But I mangaged to get second row behind olga at the catwalk. Then I noticed that between her and the guy next to her there was a small spot, so I started to work my way in there lol first one arm, then two (I’m giving you advices here :naughty: ) and I finally ended up at my dream spot: front row in the exact middle in front of the catwalk!

When Mika was about to start some photographers were standing in front of us and I started to nicely argue with one of them. He was really sorry and gave me his official badge :D

Even before Mika entered on stage the crowd was already all hyper! We saw some laolas: amazing! Then he entered and seriously I never saw a crowd like this! We were regularly stamping our feet on the ground jumping and screaming like crazy. You could hardly hear the beginning of the gig because of the screaming lol He even had to wait some moments before he could start with my interpretation and said that already after 2 songs he didn’t know what to say anymore! I got some videos to show the atmosphere, especially how much do you love me and SiTM were amazing. And the end was really sth I feel lucky to have been able to live, the crowd always wanted more :P and one could see they were truly amazed by us hihi

After the gig it was raining again so we stayed inside as long as possible, until they threw us out actually lol and soon after that we saw people running towards the artist exit. We hurried and then we noticed people starting to queue. We went at "the end of the line" (lol) and he took quite some time with each person. We talked with him about how he finally understood that introduire in French doesn’t mean introduce and he said that he saw us laughing when he said "présenter" on stage. So funny! Those that had already gotten their autograph had gone, so we were like 10 people left and fanny asked if we could take a picture with him. And he agreed to group pictures wooooooooooooooooooooooot a picture with him has always been one of my biggest dreams! So we split in two groups and took two pictures, which btw I’d like to see lol I’m so happy about that. I really didn’t think that would ever happen. He was so nice and sweet yesterday :wub2:

After he left a few people stayed to talk to his mom. But I left with niki and blue and we were allowed to drink a cup of coffee with simon inside the bus! :biggrin: we chatted a little about everything and it was so great to see the inside of the bus. Really luxurious! They are so lucky!

And I know I’m lucky too :)

Ok, here I go...

This was my first Mika-gig ever. I tought that I knew how I would feel after reading all your reports en seeing all of this youtibe-footage... Bot OH MY GOD how wrong was I????

He really really took my breath away, he sang sooooo good. The audience was unbelievable, the more we sang, the more he smiled. At a certain point, he didn't even know what to say anymore. He just stared at us, starstruck while the whole crowd was going mad. When it tdidn't stop he just started to laugh hysterically and jumped up en down like a little kid.

Because the audience was soooo interactive, he made Stuck in the Middel two times as long, made us sing very difficult pieces, it was like a battle: us against him. He looked at us with some kind of "now show me what you've got"-look, and the crowd played along.

Insanity is the word that comes up to me when I think about it.

Same thing happened with Love Today: the drum solo didn't seem to stop. Everyone was hitting everything. He threw the water on Cherisse, she started chasing him with her drumsticks. He took his shirt off (oh god, what a body) and put the Tintin-T-shirt on. He show it to the crowd with a very proud face, and got a huge applaus in return.

What can I say? I was loosing my mind, I think.

Holy Johnny was funny, the band was having fun (as usual I think) Mika lost himself in some sort of praying, he looked out of his mind, but I loved it!

Let me think... oh, let me say it (once again) he said at a certain point:

"Me and my band, we've NEVER seen this before, you are the best audience we ever had"

I realised at the end that the gig had been 1 hour and 40 minutes!!!! I don't think he's ever played so long!

Anyway, after it ended, we waited for him. Security was not so nice, but I was warned by the other reports.

But he was awesome. So down to earth! Conversation was like this:

-"I have to say, you were unbelievable tonight. And your Flemisch accent was really good"

-(made a cute little picture on my dvd) well thank you! It was very hard (the flemish)

-you did a great job

-I tried to paint a little of your artwork on my cheek, but it's messed up because I sweated so much

-(starts laughing very hard) yeah, ik looks like you've been punched in the face right now!!! (laughs uncontrolled while pretending to punch me)

and then the security guy said: "Yeah, I saw you girls standing in front of the stage, they were singing along to every single line"

And then Mika looked at us, very sweet, said thank you. We said thank you, and we went away.

I think it's amazing that he takes the time to sign for everyone. Even if he can't remember the faces becaus he has seen so much, I think it's wonderful.

Time to get to my books!

-Stien-

I LOVE YOUR REPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT SOUNDED AMAZING.

I AM SO GLAD THAT YOU GOT TO SPEAK WITH HIM. HE IS INCREDIBLE!!!!

AND I'M VERY HAPPY THAT YOU GUYS SANG ALONG. THAT'S THE CROWD THAT I WANT TO BE IN!!!!!!!!!

Time to get to my books!

-Stien-

Hahahah :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the new reports!

Cath, don't mess with bus drivers :mf_rosetinted::wink2:

After the gig it was raining again so we stayed inside as long as possible, until they threw us out actually lol and soon after that we saw people running towards the artist exit. We hurried and then we noticed people starting to queue. We went at "the end of the line" (lol) and he took quite some time with each person. We talked with him about how he finally understood that introduire in French doesn’t mean introduce and he said that he saw us laughing when he said "présenter" on stage. So funny! Those that had already gotten their autograph had gone, so we were like 10 people left and fanny asked if we could take a picture with him. And he agreed to group pictures wooooooooooooooooooooooot a picture with him has always been one of my biggest dreams! So we split in two groups and took two pictures, which btw I’d like to see lol I’m so happy about that. I really didn’t think that would ever happen. He was so nice and sweet yesterday :wub2:

After he left a few people stayed to talk to his mom. But I left with niki and blue and we were allowed to drink a cup of coffee with simon inside the bus! :biggrin: we chatted a little about everything and it was so great to see the inside of the bus. Really luxurious! They are so lucky!

Oh wow, you definitely are lucky!! So you were one of those girls who did get to be in a picture with him! I was so jealous... :blush-anim-cl: But I do have some pictures of you guys with Mika (although they didn't turn out so well because we had to stay behind a fence!! :bleh: ) Hm, I'm trying to thumbnail them, but I seem to have forgotten how... maybe later!

You had a cup of coffee in the bus! Cool!!! Blue must be over the moon as a real busdriver groupie :bleh: .

Thanks for your report.

The lights went out, the crowd was going nuts !

Then Sara did the angel thing (I know her name is not sara, but you know who I mean. Her name is so difficult to remember :-s)

The tune of relax started and everyone was screaming like hell.

I heard Mika sing, but didn't realise he was already on stage. Suddenly the lights went on and I saw him standing there, WOW it was amazing, the vibe was.... great!:punk:

I saw him in real life! god, that's so much better then the video's :naughty:

I thought that he was sooo skinny though, I think he looks a little bit bigger on pics (no offense :-) )

When he said Hi in French I got soo dissapointed, I thought he would speak French the whole night! and I can't understand French :thumbdown:

then he said Hi in Dutch, my friend and I were screaming like mad! (you had to see the faces of the French people around us, it was sooo funny :-D) before Billy Brown he spoke Dutch again. He is funny when he speaks Dutch, but he is good in it for an Englishman, really.

*thinks*

the guy infront of me moved a bit, so I could see everything and the girl stopped pushing (happily)

Love today was GREAT, that's my favourite song and the drumming part was amazing, when he took of his shirt and all the girls start screaming (I didn't I think he looks like a normal guy actually)

Like you guys know he thowed water at Cherisse (poor girl) the rest of the band was laughing at her. After that, Mikey thought it was a good idea to give Cherisse another shower (you had to see Mika laugh at her, he really seamed like an annoying big brother :roftl: )

Mika and Cherisse were challenging each other and the drumming leasted really long (that was my favourite part)

and then he throwed his drumsticks in the audience, one of them allmost fell on my nose! I jumped to grab it and thought OMG, yes! it's mine, but then that annoying tall guy infront of me grabbed it :sneaky2:

I could punch him against his nose, but I thought that wasn't such a good idea, because he was a head taller then me. Then Mika put on the tintin shirt, you had to see him, he knew we liked him even more because of that :-D

He let us sing a lot and like someone already said, he really looked amazed. Maybe that was because of the whole Mika name thing and because he cancelled Werchter.

The gig was over and I searched for my mum.

She didn't expected a lot of it, because he sings so high. But she had to admit: That guy has a VOICE!

really OMG

She wants to go with me to the next gig in Belgium, because she liked it so much :-D

after the gig, I went to the rest of the MFC and signed the flag.

We had to wait until 12 O'clock and then Mika came.

We had to form a row.

I stood next to Konijntje and suddely he asked her how she was and I was getting nervous because I never speak English, he signed my CD and I gave him my letter. He gave it to Jerry (?) (his tourmanager, the one with fair hair)

He said that I didn't had to worry, that he would'n never throw it away, he said he wasn't like that and that he would read it. I said okay and I wanted to say something but I saw he wanted to go to his hotel, I understood completely. He already gave my a great first gig and an aseome night (and an autograph ;-) )

I said goodbye, thank you so much and he looked up. I thought that he looked at me on a strange way, but that could have been my imagination.

I went home with painfull, frozen feeth, I had it very cold, because my clothes were still wet and was very tired, but I saw Mika singing live, I got an autograph and bought a Mika rosette :biggrin2:

Sorry, I know it's a little bit too long :blink:

Hey Sky! Thanks for the great report!

Yeah, I remember you standing next to me! I temporarily forgot because I was so flabbergasted by Mika talking to me... :blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: Yeah, I saw, you were a little bit suprised, you had to see Mika look at you!

You looked down and stuttered a bit and Mika looked at you on such a cute way :roftl:

like: don't be so nervous, I'm only human :wink2: