The Pointing Mika thread

IngievV

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about Mika's stage movements in general, how they seem so flamboyant and dramatic when he is not a loud 'in your face' person in RL.

But - he was stage trained. That means, he understands the importance of moving, striking poses, and drawing the eye when he wants to be the centre of attention. (It's different to his dancing, which is definitely unchoreographed.)

From that base, he has added in whatever he likes about Freddie, Prince, Bowieetc. He mentioned using Alan Cumming's coathanger move.

I wonder if there is a pointer he is consciously copying, or if it is a patented Mika move (seems unlikely).

I think there's something deeper, perhaps he sees ghosts!:shocked:

he hardly ever looks where he's pointing, so i don't think he sees anything. maybe it's to distract people so they don't stare him in the face all the time. :roftl:

I was thinking about Mika's stage movements in general, how they seem so flamboyant and dramatic when he is not a loud 'in your face' person in RL.

But - he was stage trained. That means, he understands the importance of moving, striking poses, and drawing the eye when he wants to be the centre of attention. (It's different to his dancing, which is definitely unchoreographed.)

From that base, he has added in whatever he likes about Freddie, Prince, Bowieetc. He mentioned using Alan Cumming's coathanger move.

I wonder if there is a pointer he is consciously copying, or if it is a patented Mika move (seems unlikely).

Naah, though it's a good theory, it must be some sort of morse code:mf_rosetinted:

well, we know he prefers to put bags over band members' heads... :naughty: maybe that was also an attempt to distract people. :roftl: i think... he doesn't know what he wants. his star sign is leo, so he loves the attention. but it could be that at the same time he feels uncomfortable with it, thus his pointing as a halfhearted attempt to distract people. (i should study psychology, eh? :mf_rosetinted::roftl: )

well, we know he prefers to put bags over band members' heads... :naughty: maybe that was also an attempt to distract people. :roftl: i think... he doesn't know what he wants. his star sign is leo, so he loves the attention. but it could be that at the same time he feels uncomfortable with it, thus his pointing as a halfhearted attempt to distract people. (i should study psychology, eh? :mf_rosetinted::roftl: )

poor Mikey...:bleh: