yo, glad to see this thread is pickin up quick!

Yeah I have a lot of female friends, actually from the age of 15 to 17 I only hung out with girls! Then I made some solid friendships with boys but it was hard at the begining.

It's true there is a sort of stereotype of the gay man being feminin and all but believe me, I have met so beer drinking, footbal lovin gay guys lol

Personally I'm the more sensitive type (it sounds so cheesy lol) . I've been playing piano and studuying music since I can remember, I love fashion & clothes (no liking clothes is NOT superficial!) and have done a lot of theatre and some cinema.. but never really go into the whole sports thing (even when my dad dragged me to fencing and karate when I was a kid lol). I do however think it's important to take care of your body since it is nature's first gift to you so I do a lot of running etc..:punk:

I'm hyper sensitive, can cry listening to Mika or even watching Sex & the City for all I care, I love Desperate Housewives and the OC and had a huge crush on the guy who plays Nathan in the UK's "Queer as Folk' lol I love joking, laughing. I'm quite sarcastic and often bitch about people but it's never really nasty. I value true friendship and would do anything for my true friends. And last but not least, the best of my time is spent with my gorgeous Lucas that I love:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

Voila, that's the kind of gay guy I am lol I'm half french too (all the guys here in the UK just love being spoken french to lol haha!!!):roftl:

Right, I'm off to practice my scales and technique! ciao for now:):mf_rosetinted:

aurelien

i loved you ar first sight! lol

i'm so happy i was introduced to you in london.

i want you to know that i appreciated what you did for us in the queue and that i think the description you are giving us of yourself is totally true and amazing.

i hope we can talk a little bit more in the future.

i'm aurelien's fan! :wub2:

... I think I'm in love with a woman... for the first time.

but I dont know if I like her or if I am just really emotionally invested in our friendship. I figured here would be a place for support and advice... but I thought I'd share that. =X

Aww. Yeah, it can be really hard for women to figure out if we have sexual-romantic feelings for another woman, or if it's just an unusually intense friendship... since intense and even romantic friendships are more common and encouraged.

I see you're at Bryn Mawr though, so at least you're in the right atmosphere to figure such things out without much judgment, hopefully! :bleh:

--Jack

ummmm, I think I will be coming out some time soon:punk: :punk:

its getting too annoying for me to be so confused so I am going to stop being confused . I'm in a relationship with a guy and once again.......its going sour.

because of the same reason. I wish I had courage to just come out darn it

I'm sorry to hear that your relationship has turned sour. :sad:

But I'm a tad confused, I thought you were already out?

meaning Bisexual...but being bi just doesn't fit or make anything easier

Scut...you see I really am not attracted to guys any more

(except MIKA but he is special ! LOL)

and maybe Johnny Depp

but I feel trapped again ...something changed ever since the MIKA concert and it caused me to really take stock of life completely. women on the other hand...well I was watching some really cute films of women kissing on youtube ( things I do on my off time hehehe) and then watching some hetero couples kissing and I was crying after watching the women kiss and feeling nothing with the hetero couples kissing I know its a funny test but......I've known something was wrong for over 20 years and I am tired of fighting it , Scut.....

That would be nice.

I personally don't believe that sexuality is black and white, but I also agree with you about labeling sexuality/catagorizing. I don't go around saying everyone is bisexual, because I'm sure people conjure particular stereotypes I guess when they hear certain terms. I just think that to some extent, no one can be really be strictly heterosexual. Like, even aside from dating/crushes/intercouse, I think it's a lot more than that. It was just something I was pondering...um, yeah I need sleep.

mitts,,,I love speaking with you . I might PM you on this stuff:)

... I think I'm in love with a woman... for the first time.

but I dont know if I like her or if I am just really emotionally invested in our friendship. I figured here would be a place for support and advice... but I thought I'd share that. =X

This is a really hard issue!:blink:

Sometimes you struggle with a question like this:

Am I going to tell her how I feel?....and if she doesn’t feel the same way?....maybe I scare her off and even lose her friendship?....

Or am I going to rely on the saying that “woman often misinterprets love for deep friendship” and maybe miss out on a big opportunity of my life?

Not easy.

I wish you the best and hope that in a couple of months you will have the answer!:wink2:

Thank thanks.

I like your new avatar comment, to contrast to what is happening on the forum, so much positivness that it makes me dizzy. Do you like my comment there BTW? (-:

Ah, you meant your comment about my text!:roftl:

Love it, and you are the only one who has given me a comment.:wink2:

For a moment I thought you where talking about the French text in your sig.

What does it mean btw?

Translation?

hey, Cubitus really came out of the closet because of this thread!! OMG, that's bizarre...but great! haha. Congrats buddy :thumb_yello:

yes yes i was thinking of a trendy way to do it :naughty: and thought i can do it in the gay thread rather than in the lebanese one as im a regular poster in there :wink2:

Congrats, Cubes! Technically we shouldn't need to congratulate a person for stating who they are, but in this unfair day and age it takes courage to say who you are if you're gay. So I congratulate you not for the fact that you are who are but for the fact that you are brave enough to be it loud and proud without apology to a world that doesn't like it! Go you! :thumb_yello::yay:

I'm very glad that your mum took it OK, that's usually the hardest step. If it's not too personal a question (and feel free to decline if you don't feel comfortable with answering it on a public forum): do you feel that your cultural background, Lebanese, impacted on your coming in any way? I love to hear different personal experiences the concepts of culture and sexuality. :original:

yeah im gay :) it's funny how three quarter of the lebanese students in my medical school are gay :naughty: i was literally shoked when i found out...

Now as for my mum i dunno if what you asked me was my way of coming out to her and her reaction...if this is the question : I've written it in a letter to her and she read it and as my parents are currently in lebanon she received it there and called me the same day in the night when my daddy was already sleeping and she was bizarre , confused is the right word...the kind of confusion you get after a shock if you know what i mean...and i daresay she was misinformed...well you know it's a bit of a taboo subject even if lebanon is waaaay open minded than other countries fortunately...of course she wanted to know when did it start and if i was able to ''be like everyone''...i told her the truth...but i think what shoked her wasn't me being gay itself but the fact that i hided it for years...and i was supposed to have a fusional relation with her ( i do have it but i didn't have the guts the tell it to her earlier in my life...in the same time i was still thinking that i might change ) she said that she is troubled for me and that it must have been difficult for me hiding this part of me to myself...I asked her if deep inside her she never thought that i might be gay , she told me that i was sensible and never used to talk about girls but that she thought because i was shy...and of course she cried a bit but said that she wants me happy and that i shouldn't have hidden it to my family , the only people that love me without any selfish feeling...i told her that i didn't want to make troubles and that me myself i was still refusing to believe what i was let alone telling them i was gay.

And since my coming out to her she keeps suggesting that i tell my dad and brothers , and she asked me if i wanted to to be engaged with someone and i told her yes when i find the right person...

That was my little story...i'm sure some LGBT MFC'ers will recognise themselves in what i said...as for me i just felt that i owned the earth when i realised that my mum was supporting me it's a wonderful feeling !

yeah im gay :) it's funny how three quarter of the lebanese students in my medical school are gay :naughty: i was literally shoked when i found out...

Now as for my mum i dunno if what you asked me was my way of coming out to her and her reaction...if this is the question : I've written it in a letter to her and she read it and as my parents are currently in lebanon she received it there and called me the same day in the night when my daddy was already sleeping and she was bizarre , confused is the right word...the kind of confusion you get after a shock if you know what i mean...and i daresay she was misinformed...well you know it's a bit of a taboo subject even if lebanon is waaaay open minded than other countries fortunately...of course she wanted to know when did it start and if i was able to ''be like everyone''...i told her the truth...but i think what shoked her wasn't me being gay itself but the fact that i hided it for years...and i was supposed to have a fusional relation with her ( i do have it but i didn't have the guts the tell it to her earlier in my life...in the same time i was still thinking that i might change ) she said that she is troubled for me and that it must have been difficult for me hiding this part of me to myself...I asked her if deep inside her she never thought that i might be gay , she told me that i was sensible and never used to talk about girls but that she thought because i was shy...and of course she cried a bit but said that she wants me happy and that i shouldn't have hidden it to my family , the only people that love me without any selfish feeling...i told her that i didn't want to make troubles and that me myself i was still refusing to believe what i was let alone telling them i was gay.

And since my coming out to her she keeps suggesting that i tell my dad and brothers , and she asked me if i wanted to to be engaged with someone and i told her yes when i find the right person...

That was my little story...i'm sure some LGBT MFC'ers will recognise themselves in what i said...as for me i just felt that i owned the earth when i realised that my mum was supporting me it's a wonderful feeling !

Thats a very nice story. My parents still don't know, and same here, I have a very fusional relation with them and we are very close. I just can't bring myself to telling them...

Oh wow! That's amazing.. I don't think I know anyone who's gay.. At least as far as I know.. Myabe just one of my teachers..

I understand it must be hard telling your father (especially since you're Lebanese) but I think it's important that you do.. eventually.. who knows he might be as supposrtive as your mum..

Okay sorry I'm being nosey..

And no I'm not gay but I find this quite interesting :)

Thats a very nice story. My parents still don't know, and same here, I have a very fusional relation with them and we are very close. I just can't bring myself to telling them...

don't worry it will happen when you will be ready for it but if i might , i suggest that you don't try to delude her in telling her that you are straight it will only make things worse later...look i never realised that my mum would accept it so fast she is supposed to be an EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS AND CONSERVATIVE mum...she used to think that it is a bad thing you know being gay...but when it comes to her son being gay...it's no more a bad thing especialy when i told her that i've always been gay , i took the time explaining her that i didn't TURN because i was never straight i've ALWAYS been gay , i mean even in my childhood i was a weird boy :blink:

Ooooh i would love to join this!

Im Bi, But ive never had a boyfriend, only girlfriends:bleh: As i find women more attractive then men really:wub2:

Nice to have this thread on here:punk:

Join the club !! thanks to Aurelien who had the wonderful idea to open this thread :mf_lustslow:

I'm not a regular in this thread (a lurker though sometimes:naughty: ), but I just wanted to say that it was such a lovely story. I'm glad that your mother understood and is supporting you. :thumb_yello:

Sorry to butt in like this. I'm just having a boring night. Maybe I should go to bed instead of lurking around MFC. :naughty:

Aww. Yeah, it can be really hard for women to figure out if we have sexual-romantic feelings for another woman, or if it's just an unusually intense friendship... since intense and even romantic friendships are more common and encouraged.

I see you're at Bryn Mawr though, so at least you're in the right atmosphere to figure such things out without much judgment, hopefully! :bleh:

--Jack

hahaha.. im sorry to laugh, but being here and reading your comment about bryn mawr just kills me with a fit of laughter. :roftl:

But thanks for the advice, I'm just figuring things out...

I've heard the saying before "lesbians think that friendship's another word for foreplay". :naughty:

Not to trivialise your concern at all. I'm just pointing out that sometimes it's hard to draw the line between feeling love for a friend and feeling love for a lover. I think that the same can be said for friends of the opposite sex too, it's complicated no matter what the friend's gender is. It just might be a bit more complicated if you're feeling things for someone of the same sex for first time.

I know nothing about you nor your circumstance nor your friend so I won't even pretend to be fit to give any real advice. But if you're willing to take it with a huge pinch of salt (think a mountain-size pile of it) I'd say go with the flow and let yourself feel feelings that you might not have felt before or that others might tell you that you shouldn't feel. You can't really say that something is for you or not for you until you've experienced it. But like I said, I am in no position to give you any reliable advice in the first place.

Now that I've babbled on like a gayer version of Dr. Phil on a caffeine detox (and probably said some corny things that I'll later regret) I think I'll stop. :mf_rosetinted:

you are hilarious and helpful all at the same time. what a great mix! so.. I guess my original post was not really helpful either. But I guess here's the deal: So this is my last semester as a senior in a women's college and I'm becoming increasingly close with one of my friends, and recently Ive begun to wonder if i just have a burning desire to know everything there is to know about her, or if I just like her. And I guess part of me is more doubtful about liking her just because this is the first time I've felt this way about a woman, but I'm really willing to go with it. So i guess I used to get mixed message from her in the beginning of our friendship... and considering that I accepted it willingly, I don't think I have a problem with it. But I started talking about it with our friends, and they started pointing out little things that I never realized about the dynamics of our relationship... and the more they point these things out.. the more I find myself attracted to her. The problem for me, however, is that this connection is so psychological and it's beginning to manifest into the physical me and I can't pull out now...

so what makes it so much more complicated and convoluted is that she likes men too, and being here in her last year she just recently ended a relationship with her first girlfriend as well... and she claims that she was the only woman she was and will ever be attracted to... and her ex is a jackass who is also a student here... and cheats... and perpetually plays with her heart. ugh... i guess after all of that I'm back to the beginning.. still confused about whether or not we're just very emotionally invested friends.. or if I'm beginning to feel something so much more. UGH!:boxed:

It sounds like your mother took the news really well!

Are you glad you did it now? Cuz I think a huge weight must have been lifted off your shoulders.

i have a confession...

so this has been on my mind forever... and i think i really need to stop lying to myself and accept that i have a major crush on this woman. I think she's beautiful and funny and intelligent and caring... and at the end of every day she's the last thing on my mind...

I don't know if I could call myself gay, bi, or lesbian....

I am a woman. And I like Men. And I like Women. And it's not like...half and half..it's like..I like PEOPLE. regardless of gender. I don't care how someone pees, I just like personalities. That's how I love. By feel, not by looks.

And that's my piece :)

I love you all, I love Mika, I love the world, I love everything, regardless of gender.

I think I might hit on a tea cup too LOL He's so funny, that Mika :)