Blue Sky

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The first time I played Glasgow I had to drag the organ on myself. Now I can stand here scratching my head while four people do it for me."

ok u can keep scatching :naughty: :naughty:

His first gig, incidentally, was at Nice 'n' Sleazy less than a year ago,

is it a compliment? :mf_rosetinted:

attracted 16 folk and even his mum was out in the street giving out flyers.

wooow! A very big family! that's soooo sweet

Haven't you all been well-behaved on this thread while I was away?!!

And reports flowing in slowly as people recover enough to write them:boxed:

THAT picture was priceless, just priceless Jemma. I felt your pain.

thats okay! was kinda worried though!

and thanks for phoning me during the concert! it was crackly and i couldnt quite make out the song. we were discussing what song it coulda been on here xDDD

One of the reasons th other thread got to 120 pages.:roftl:

Whoops Blue Sky will be after us for using the thread for chatting!

:sneaky2:

:thumbdown:

I would do anything for a Newcastle ticket and if anyone has one they don't want (not likely) i'd be so so happy .... i may try to get one somehow if ican as it looks a great venue and have been offered support from Kath! T

I think Vix has some tickets, not sure which shows they are for (poor Vix).

thanx also to all the ppl I met, sorry but I cannot write anymore stuff like that..I don`t want to be banned by bluesky ^__^

will you pinch mine? :tears: *puppy eyes*

I suppose you won't pinch mine coz now everyone thinks I am a meanie for banning chatter here, but

WE WAITED NEARLY 2 WHOLE DAYS for news, and got a bit tired of skimming, and after 120 pages, I just decided enough was enough!!:roftl:

Before I went to bed, I tried to change the title of the thread, but that is not as easy at it would appear, so the titel of only the first post got changed.

CHAT ALL YOU WANT. You're all back now, so the mystery of the gig is over!!

Haven't you all been well-behaved on this thread while I was away?!!

And reports flowing in slowly as people recover enough to write them:boxed:

THAT picture was priceless, just priceless Jemma. I felt your pain.

One of the reasons th other thread got to 120 pages.:roftl:

I think Vix has some tickets, not sure which shows they are for (poor Vix).

I suppose you won't pinch mine coz now everyone thinks I am a meanie for banning chatter here, but

WE WAITED NEARLY 2 WHOLE DAYS for news, and got a bit tired of skimming, and after 120 pages, I just decided enough was enough!!:roftl:

Before I went to bed, I tried to change the title of the thread, but that is not as easy at it would appear, so the titel of only the first post got changed.

CHAT ALL YOU WANT. You're all back now, so the mystery of the gig is over!!

Lol, poor Blue Sky! You did a wonderful job

:winner_first_h4h: For you!

Just read through the thread.........I hope I won't get pushed over if I do make it tomorrow (later today really!) as I'm really not upto it. :blink:

This is where the growth in his fame causes the squabbling!! :thumbdown:

Having said that..it sounds like it was a fab show and lots of happy campers got to meet him! :thumb_yello:

to be honest there wasnt any squabbling before the gig everyone was very friendly , it was a soon as they doors were opened it was as if everyone turned into a pack of wild dogs ! i really hope people at other gigs can think about other people rather than who can get up front first :thumbdown:& if this carrys on someone will eventually will be hurt maybe even a small child :shocked::stretcher: i just felt i had to write this report & everyone that was doing the pushing are ashamed of their actions :sneaky2:

Hi Everyone! Well, I'm at the Glasgow Airport right now and of course, looks like my gate is finally opening. We were delayed quite awhile. Darnit, so guess I have to be brief.

The weekend was absolutely amazing and I am so glad I came here. The MFC is amazing and I just loved meeting everyone. I can't wait until the next gathering. :)

My first MIKA gig was even more brilliant than I could even imagine. I'm still on a high. Met Mika after the gig and he took 2 pictures with me. I had a small conversation with him and it went something like this.

Me: blah, blah, blah, blah

Mika: blah, blah, blah, blah

Me: blah, blah, blah

MIKA: Yells to the crowd...See, the Butterfly Lounge is real.

Took two pics: Crowd says Ahhhhhhhh! LOL!! This is all I remember. LOL

If someone knows what was said...please let me know. LOL!!

I got many amazing pictures and can't wait to share them with y'all. Well, looks like my plane is about to board. Again, loved meeting everyone and can't wait to see y'all again.

Take care,

Charlotte

Have a good trip and thank you very much, my dear :thumb_yello:

Hi Everyone! Well, I'm at the Glasgow Airport right now and of course, looks like my gate is finally opening. We were delayed quite awhile. Darnit, so guess I have to be brief.

Take care,

Charlotte

I asked him if he liked Abba, and he said yes, some.

I would love to see him doing Mamma Mia or Dancing Queen one day... :thumb_yello:

Catching up now before I will write my own (short) report - short because most things are already said. It was such a FAB weekend, such a FAB weekend... Scotland, a fantastic group of people, a fantastic night out followed by a FAB FAB gig... This weekend will be stored in my memory forever, tagged 'UNFORGETTABLE'. :punk:

*sneaks in whilst Blue Sky is not looking.....*

Hi Guys! Glad to hear we (almost!) all enjoyed the gig! Looking forward to more reports and piccies!

*disappears before Blue Sky catches me....*

CAUGHT JOLENE!!!

:cheerful_h4h: There's a small mention of last nights concert in The Herald...

The Herald

November 19, 2007

Ken Smith

http://www.theherald.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1841947.mostviewed.hell_or_high_water.php

Mika fuss

EXUBERANT singer Mika was musing on the fickleness of fame while playing Glasgow's Carling Academy on Saturday night. Waiting while stage-crew brought his keyboard to centre-stage, he recalled: "The first time I played Glasgow I had to drag the organ on myself. Now I can stand here scratching my head while four people do it for me."

His first gig, incidentally, was at Nice 'n' Sleazy less than a year ago, attracted 16 folk and even his mum was out in the street giving out flyers. Now his shows sell out overnight.

That was a sweet story indeed... :wub2:

As the sign on the outside of the Academy told us: the gig was SOLD OOT. :naughty:

SoldOot1.jpg

That was a sweet story indeed... :wub2:

As the sign on the outside of the Academy told us: the gig was SOLD OOT. :naughty:

SoldOot1.jpg

I noticed that in your siggie, but was so busy jumping threads...

That is really cute isn't it. I wonder if they always write that?

Probably. I like it because it's pronounced the same way as the Dutch dialect word for 'out' in the area where I come from. Scottish and Twents don't differ that much apparently. :biggrin2:

Oh about Mikas mum handing out flyers on the street: actually it were rosettes. And what she said was something like 'come and see this kid!' and the people said 'NOOOOO!'. According to Mika. Oh well - all's well that ends well! :wink2:

For anyone who expects more pics from me: I have to disappoint you. This one was taken with my crappy mobile phone. I have a few others - of some men in kilts on the streets and a short video of that same men, singing Flower of Scotland with a piper/drum duo. But that's all folks. On the train to the airport on the Friday morning I found out that I left my camera at home :sad: (on the loader thingie). So I had to rely on others' photographer skills for the weekend...

For anyone who expects more pics from me: I have to disappoint you. This one was taken with my crappy mobile phone. I have a few others - of some men in kilts on the streets and a short video of that same men, singing Flower of Scotland with a piper/drum duo. But that's all folks. On the train to the airport on the Friday morning I found out that I left my camera at home :sad: (on the loader thingie). So I had to rely on others' photographer skills for the weekend...

Flower of Scotland???

Pipes and drums???

OOOOH!!! Please! I must see this!!!

Ciao!

report report.....where shall i start?

i'll pour all my honey re: the meet up in the other thread...here, just facts! :naughty:

THE QUEUE.

we started queuing a bit later...let's say around 4.00 pm? no taxis were to be found (damned football! :sneaky2: ) so we took the tube and got to the venue...no roof...just wind and rain! :thumbdown:

we started singing some songs and it was nice! anyone hoped time would run faster...but it was not! and i was thinking...'we should enjoy this moment, second by second...we are all here together!'. But the weather was so unfriendly! we just wanted to get in asap! :boxed:

THE MEETING BEFORE THE GIG.

then kath, carri and i cannot remember who else, went to the artists' entrance, hoping to catch mika entering the venue. kath had the tartan trousers teddy bear to give mika, and it would not be possible to take it inside.

it must be delivered before the gig!

and we hoped wendi could reach us in time to give him the petition book...but she came later ( damned football again!) and had to keep the book on her chair all gig long!

anyway...anybody knew i had a present for JOHN, the tour manager...yes pamette and blue sky... I DID IT! i bought him a present! do you remember we talked about it in the 'who's this guy?' thread?

i bought a little table football! to play during long hours on the bus...with mika maybe! It was not so big, but it took all my bag space, so i wanted to get rid of it before the gig.

i was merrily queueing when carri came and told me to reach the artists entrance cause john was there!

so i did, and had a nice (????) chat with john....i said:

- you have seen us giving so many gifts to mika..so this time the gift is for you!

- oh god, what is it? (with a suspicious look of his....you might well imagine...)

- oh come on, you must know us by now, can i call you john?...ok, you must know we are gentle ppl!

- ok thank you!

in this very moment the spell was broken by an intruder coming forth!

MIKA WAS GETTING OFF HIS VAN!!!!!

of course this was totally unexpected for me!

he was there, under the rain, stopping by the first fans he saw...but it WAS raining, so i dragged him by the arm saying "come here, mika, under the roof, it's raining"...ehehhehehe i can be so bossy sometimes...and so motherlike!

he was given the gifts...and i was the last in the row.

he recognized me this time....."oh hallo! how are you? 'agostina'? right?"

NOW.

AGOSTINO IS MY HUSBAND'S NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was like this: :blink::shocked::sneaky2:

i said" mika! I'm Robertina...agostino is my huSband's name? how do you know it?????"

and we had a good laugh at this...but i'm still puzzled and doubtfull...is my husband having something with MIKA that i should know??? :roftl:

i think he wanted to say my name...but we were not outside alcatraz in milan...he did not want to spoil me! :naughty:

anyway...i hope next time he will be able to match face and name properly!:sneaky2:

i gave him something i had and a necklace i did putting together all teddy bear pic nic animals (as soft little puppets)...he laughed and said something i cannot remember and got in the venue.

actually the little animals were for each member of the band...i hope he had given them! and not kept all for himself! :sneaky2:

So. First of all I want to thank my lovely company for the weekend for the FAB FAB FAB time I had in Glasgow!!! :punk: I already knew some people from previous gigs (for example Mirti, Sarahlou, Freddie) or from meetups during holidays (Robi). It was GREAT to see them again and it was also GREAT to see all the new people I only knew from the forum, mail and MSN. On Thursday night I had Deb on MSN, Tootch was with her over there in the US, me in Holland, and we were saying 'see you tomorrow In Real Life'! So unreal!

Oh well. The stories about meeting up on the Friday night, the dinner in the restaurant (they played LT twice and we went mad!) and the night out at the 80's bar where they played Queen, Eurythmics and Dolly Parton. After that some of us went to Frankenstein where they played exactly the same songs - and also LT and BG! :punk:

When we went back to Frankenstein the next day after the gig we left after 20 minutes because the music was awful that night - Friday night was much much better.

And... the city was filled with MEN IN KILTS yet!!! :punk: Paradise for me!!! Kilts, Scottish flags and the lovely Scottish accents all around! Good for me - me who is obsessed with kilts, Scottish flags and the Scottish accents since I was a little girl. :blush-anim-cl: