MIKA @ Birmingham Carling Academy: 22-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

thank you thank you rose!!!

ok, HJ was our HJ!

and the other HJ will be in doncaster (as actually he pmed me...the saturday gig...)...isn't it weird they both are mark??? :boxed: :boxed:

goodnight rak1 and good night everyone...yawn...mika must know that while other go around, there are also dozens of mfcers who loose their sleep for him.....re- yawn.........:naughty:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M BACK!!!!

Report in a minute...My hands are shaking too much from excitement and lack of food (AND THE FREEZING COLD)

Basically- Gig was amazing, officially hate the Academys queue rules GRRR and met him after - HE REMEMBERED ME!!! :D Got some good pics! Just uploadin now

ah!

not bedtime yet.....:biggrin2:

I'M BACK!!!!

Report in a minute...My hands are shaking too much from excitement and lack of food (AND THE FREEZING COLD)

Basically- Gig was amazing, officially hate the Academys queue rules GRRR and met him after - HE REMEMBERED ME!!! :D Got some good pics! Just uploadin now

:woot_jump:

I'm glad you had a good time!:original:

can't wait for the report and pics!!:punk: :punk:

Okay this is gonna be a short version (But I know how much you like reports before you can go to bed)

Sorry in advance for any typos.... I really can't feel my fingers.

Met pretty much all or at least most of the MFCers in the queue. Got there at 1:45 and there were already about 10 in the queue!!!! :o so we queued form then until 7.30.... It was soooo cold!!!

We were told that they were gona do the queue jumper rule like last time (that we all missed out on and got very angry about) where you buy a drink fromt he bar and get to jump the queue..... Me, BG and HJ queued at the bar for a few hours waiting for it to open only to be told that they aren't doing that system safterall (AFTER BEING TOLD THEY WERE BY ABOUT 8 DIFF PEOPLE EARLIER!!!)

Luckily my mom was still in the original queue so I managed to rejoin her...the others didn't though :S

Anyway we got in eventually and ran to the front. I managed front row, just in front of Martin....Then it was the usual waiting and Palladium etc. theeeen Mika came on and was amazing. He really seemed to be genuinely having the time of his life up there (even more than usual!!)

One poiint he climbed on the barrier directly in front of me and I put my hand out...naturally. Which ended up going up his T-shirt (I honestly didn't mean it to!) So I had Mika stomach sweat all over me hahaha.

Got hit in the head several times by balloons during lollipop (thanks Martin and Sara-whats-her-name) Loved the Relax encore bit...although my voice has officially gone now after singing so much to it!

We were prepeared to wait for hours to meet him (I wanted my pic with him from last tiome signed!) so me and mom went to McDonalds for food and a drink (The official post-mika gig place?) and stayed there for about 20mins...went back tot he Academy to find people queuing and being let back inside 3 at a time to meet him!!! Good thing we didn't spend longer in Mc D's!!!

No posed photos but he signed for everyone. He said "I remember you!! This was taken here last time wasn't it!?" So not only did he remember me, he remembered where!

Got a taxi home - The end..

Sorry that was rushed and not in detail but my mind is mush at the moment...

Okay this is gonna be a short version (But I know how much you like reports before you can go to bed)

Met pretty much all or at least most of the MFCers in the queue. Got there at 1:45 and there were already about 10 in the queue!!!! :o so we queued form then until 7.30.... It was soooo cold!!!

We were told that they were gona do the queue jumper rule like last time (that we all missed out on and got very angry about) where you buy a drink fromt he bar and get to jump the queue..... Me, BG and HJ queued at the bar for a few hours waiting for it to open only to be told that they aren't doing that system safterall (AFTER BEING TOLD THEY WERE BY ABOUT 8 DIFF PEOPLE EARLIER!!!)

Luckily my mom was still in the original queue so I managed to rejoin her...the others didn't though :S

Anyway we got in eventually and ran to the front. I managed front row, just in front of Martin....Then it was the usual waiting and Palladium etc. theeeen Mika came on and was amazing. He really seemed to be genuinely having the time of his life up there (even more than usual!!)

One poiint he climbed on the barrier directly in front of me and I put my hand out...naturally. Which ended up going up his T-shirt (I honestly didn't mean it to!) So I had Mika stomach sweat all over me hahaha.

Got hit in the head several times by balloons during lollipop (thanks Martin and Sara-whats-her-name) Loved the Relax encore bit...although my voice has officially gone now after singing so much to it!

We were prepeared to wait for hours to meet him (I wanted my pic with him from last tiome signed!) so me and mom went to McDonalds for food and a drink (The official post-mika gig place?) and stayed there for about 20mins...went back tot he Academy to find people queuing and being let back inside 3 at a time to meet him!!! Good thing we didn't spend longer in Mc D's!!!

No posed photos but he signed for everyone. He said "I remember you!! This was taken here last time wasn't it!?" So not only did he remember me, he remembered where!

You got to feel Mika's stomach? :shocked:

You lucky son of a.....man.

thanks so much for letting us know...go and have your sleep (if you can!)..i like your mother! :wink2:

It was amazing, guys! I think Mika really enjoyed it as well - there was a lot of audience interaction, but I haven't read many of the other gig reviews, so maybe this one wasn't that special. Regardless, it was great! Cynthia and I got to meet him afterwards, along with nikjass and a girl who came from Japan. He was really nice! We also met a lot of the MFC members (Bexxy, Kathy, Rak1, Jennie, one of the Holy Johnny's, tia and more.

At one point he sorta conducted a little piece (I think it was SITM), with the audience saying something, then directing the band members to do different things. He honestly looked like he was having a good time, so that was the most amazing feeling.

We were also in the front row (apparently getting pushed a lot comes with the spot) so there were plenty of nice close ups. His wonderful singing ability never ceases to amaze me. We're going again tomorrow and to Doncaster, so I'm looking forward to those!

Sorry for the short review. I'm finding it hard to describe in words how much fun I had. If I think of something, I'll add it. I took lots of pictures too, but I didn't bring a USB cord, so those will have to wait until Monday night (US time).

You got to feel Mika's stomach? :shocked:

Thing is I honestly didn't mean to!!! But he leaned right over me and I thought he was gonna fall on me so I put my hand on his stomach to keep him up......he moved at the same time though and it ended up going under the shirt hahaha

Thing is I honestly didn't mean to!!! But he leaned right over me and I thought he was gonna fall on me so I put my hand on his stomach to keep him up......he moved at the same time though and it ended up going under the shirt hahaha

So......how was it? Gross, amazing, muscly? haha

It was amazing, guys! I think Mika really enjoyed it as well - there was a lot of audience interaction, but I haven't read many of the other gig reviews, so maybe this one wasn't that special. Regardless, it was great! Cynthia and I got to meet him afterwards, along with nikjass and a girl who came from Japan. He was really nice! We also met a lot of the MFC members (Bexxy, Kathy, Rak1, Jennie, one of the Holy Johnny's, tia and more.

At one point he sorta conducted a little piece (I think it was SITM), with the audience saying something, then directing the band members to do different things. He honestly looked like he was having a good time, so that was the most amazing feeling.

We were also in the front row (apparently getting pushed a lot comes with the spot) so there were plenty of nice close ups. His wonderful singing ability never ceases to amaze me. We're going again tomorrow and to Doncaster, so I'm looking forward to those!

Sorry for the short review. I'm finding it hard to describe in words how much fun I had. If I think of something, I'll add it. I took lots of pictures too, but I didn't bring a USB cord, so those will have to wait until Monday night (US time).

I looooooved the SITM bit at the end!! I knew it was gonna be extended but I think he even extended the extended version!!!

So......how was it? Gross, amazing, muscly? haha

.....wet. hahaha

I'm not really complaining though... Felt very strange eating my chicken nugets with that hand after. My mom kept reminding me where they'd been (my hands not he nuggets...)

.....wet. hahaha

I'm not really complaining though... Felt very strange eating my chicken nugets with that hand after. My mom kept reminding me where they'd been (my hands not he nuggets...)

Hahahaha. Well lets put it this way, do you regret it?

WOW!:blink:

great report!:punk:

thanks!!:flowers2:

i can't believe you touched his stomach:naughty: :wink2:

....i'm not jealous

not at all:cool:

You got to feel Mika's stomach?

:lmfao:

Erm...let me think about that for a mome-HELL NO!

Hahahahahahaha, that's what I thought :naughty:

Well I'm glad you had a great time and thank you very much for the report!:biggrin2:

How sweet.....he remembered you:wub2:

.....wet. hahaha

"my hands not the nuggets" :lmfao:

Thanks for all the reports so far!

Loved having breakfast reading about touching MIKA's sweaty stomach!!:wub2:

Thanks for all the reports guys!

Did MIKA know that it was the ORIGINAL HJ tonight???

And I wonder who the girl from Japan was? Anakin??

Hey folks my report would be almost the same as morriina's so.. i though why bother. Anyway, really gla to meet him after... happy that he remembers me..and that he signed on the t-shirt i made that he loves the where's mika poster i gave him in hong kong and that it's now in his flat!:blush-anim-cl: Really glad to meet everyone.. didn't have the chance to say good bye properly... but i guess there will be a next time... i was sooo high after seeing mika that i didn't realsie that everyone has dispersed.. right, that's all i guess.. it was great!!!:thumb_yello:

Hey folks my report would be almost the same as morriina's so.. i though why bother. Anyway, really gla to meet him after... happy that he remembers me..and that he signed on the t-shirt i made that he loves the where's mika poster i gave him in hong kong and that it's now in his flat!:blush-anim-cl: Really glad to meet everyone.. didn't have the chance to say good bye properly... but i guess there will be a next time... i was sooo high after seeing mika that i didn't realsie that everyone has dispersed.. right, that's all i guess.. it was great!!!:thumb_yello:

Nikjass, I cannot believe you made it from HK!! Did you go just for this show?? Then it makes it so worthwhile that MIKA remembered you. :wub2:

Do you know who the girl from Japan was?