MIKA @ Birmingham Carling Academy: 22-11-2007 -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks Jennie!!! you were really lucky hahaha:naughty:

and those photos are....

:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: AMAZING!!! WOWWWWW!!!! hehe

Jennie you're great...:thumb_yello: ...thank you very much for the reviews too...

One point he climbed on the barrier directly in front of me and I put my hand out...naturally. Which ended up going up his T-shirt (I honestly didn't mean it to!) So I had Mika stomach sweat all over me hahaha.

OMG I just read that. I'm sure it was a complete accident. :das:

Did he react at all? 'Tis his own fault for barrier climbing. :biggrin2:

OMG I just read that. I'm sure it was a complete accident. :das:

Did he react at all? 'Tis his own fault for barrier climbing. :biggrin2:

No seriously it actually was an accident! I don't think he even noticed though..there were hands everywhere at that point.

Thew girls behind me screaming "MIKA YOU'RE SO FIT!!! TAKE YOUR KIT OFF"

were really starting to annoy me after a while. Screaming "I WANT YOUR BABIES" in the middle of Any Other World isn't really appropriate..... :thumbdown:

Screaming "I WANT YOUR BABIES" in the middle of Any Other World isn't really appropriate..... :thumbdown:

Ohh - that's not cool. :thumbdown: It reminds me of that clip of Over My Shoulder from earlier - Koko, I think? Where people are yakking their faces off. People should have mute buttons.

Hey folks my report would be almost the same as morriina's so.. i though why bother. Anyway, really gla to meet him after... happy that he remembers me..and that he signed on the t-shirt i made that he loves the where's mika poster i gave him in hong kong and that it's now in his flat!:blush-anim-cl: Really glad to meet everyone.. didn't have the chance to say good bye properly... but i guess there will be a next time... i was sooo high after seeing mika that i didn't realsie that everyone has dispersed.. right, that's all i guess.. it was great!!!:thumb_yello:

That is so awesome about your poster nikjass!!! Glad you had a great time.

Fab photos Jennie! Has Luke had a haircut??:mf_rosetinted:

Thing is I honestly didn't mean to!!! But he leaned right over me and I thought he was gonna fall on me so I put my hand on his stomach to keep him up......he moved at the same time though and it ended up going under the shirt hahaha

No seriously it actually was an accident! I don't think he even noticed though..there were hands everywhere at that point.

were really starting to annoy me after a while. Screaming "I WANT YOUR BABIES" in the middle of Any Other World isn't really appropriate..... :thumbdown:

LOL :roftl::naughty:

But oh yeah :blink: I wonder what kind of person would do such a thing.. :boxed:

Anyway.. thanks for the pics Jennie, they're awesome! :biggrin2:

And thanks for all the reports people!! :thumb_yello:

:thumbdown: that is horrible! i hate people who talk/yell stupid stuff during concerts and inappropriate stuff is just worse. It would of taken all my self control not to tell them off.

Okay this is gonna be a short version (But I know how much you like reports before you can go to bed)

Sorry in advance for any typos.... I really can't feel my fingers.

Met pretty much all or at least most of the MFCers in the queue. Got there at 1:45 and there were already about 10 in the queue!!!! :o so we queued form then until 7.30.... It was soooo cold!!!

We were told that they were gona do the queue jumper rule like last time (that we all missed out on and got very angry about) where you buy a drink fromt he bar and get to jump the queue..... Me, BG and HJ queued at the bar for a few hours waiting for it to open only to be told that they aren't doing that system safterall (AFTER BEING TOLD THEY WERE BY ABOUT 8 DIFF PEOPLE EARLIER!!!)

Luckily my mom was still in the original queue so I managed to rejoin her...the others didn't though :S

Anyway we got in eventually and ran to the front. I managed front row, just in front of Martin....Then it was the usual waiting and Palladium etc. theeeen Mika came on and was amazing. He really seemed to be genuinely having the time of his life up there (even more than usual!!)

One poiint he climbed on the barrier directly in front of me and I put my hand out...naturally. Which ended up going up his T-shirt (I honestly didn't mean it to!) So I had Mika stomach sweat all over me hahaha.

Got hit in the head several times by balloons during lollipop (thanks Martin and Sara-whats-her-name) Loved the Relax encore bit...although my voice has officially gone now after singing so much to it!

We were prepeared to wait for hours to meet him (I wanted my pic with him from last tiome signed!) so me and mom went to McDonalds for food and a drink (The official post-mika gig place?) and stayed there for about 20mins...went back tot he Academy to find people queuing and being let back inside 3 at a time to meet him!!! Good thing we didn't spend longer in Mc D's!!!

No posed photos but he signed for everyone. He said "I remember you!! This was taken here last time wasn't it!?" So not only did he remember me, he remembered where!

Got a taxi home - The end..

Sorry that was rushed and not in detail but my mind is mush at the moment...

Hey folks my report would be almost the same as morriina's so.. i though why bother. Anyway, really gla to meet him after... happy that he remembers me..and that he signed on the t-shirt i made that he loves the where's mika poster i gave him in hong kong and that it's now in his flat!:blush-anim-cl: Really glad to meet everyone.. didn't have the chance to say good bye properly... but i guess there will be a next time... i was sooo high after seeing mika that i didn't realsie that everyone has dispersed.. right, that's all i guess.. it was great!!!:thumb_yello:

Wow great reports !!!!!!:wub2:

Thanks

and also for the amazing pictures !!!!!!!

Now that I’m safely back home and have had half a night’s sleep I can write something. I did consider posting last night when I got back, but it probably wouldn’t have made much sense!

Prepare yourself, because this is going to be long!!!!!!!

After a nightmare journey into the centre of Birmingham (I’ve managed to avoid doing that for the 23 years that I’ve been driving) I couldn’t find the venue, so we parked in the only 24 hour car park that I could find and got a taxi to the Academy.

As some of you already know, this gig was special to me because it was the first time that my 7 year old Mika-mad daughter, Alice had seen him live.

When we got to the queue we immediately spotted Bexxy in her wonderful Lollipop Girl outfit. She was with Tia , Nicole, tantastic, Rose, Cathi, Paulapop and her mum, Jennie and her mum, 3 lovely Americans who’s names I can’t remember (sorry!), Mikafish and friend (not the Glasgow/Manchester Holy Johnny friend). There were loads of others and I’m sorry if I’ve forgotten you or didn’t realise who you were. I met the original Holy Johnny and Big Girl afterwards, but didn’t see them beforehand.

The Carling Academy has improved since May. The lack of queue-jumpers queue was good and the security men were friendly and helpful!!!

Unlike Glasgow last weekend, we were not allowed to take glowsticks in (why?), but we were allowed to use flash photography and take videos.

Palladium were pretty good. I’m getting to like them after 3 shows, but I still can’t help thinking “hurry up and get off, I want Mika”. Alice and I were in the front row to the left of the stage, next to Bexxy (who Alice adores, so she was in heaven). The barrier was exactly at Alice’s eye level, so she had to stand on tip-toes, or on my feet when she got tired!.

When Mika came on I felt that familiar rush of adrenaline and the atmosphere was electric. The crowd were very noisy and more boisterous than in Glasgow. There was lots of screaming, shouting and whooping, which Mika loved.

The audience was enthusiastic, although with a smaller MFC contingent than at Glasgow there wasn’t quite as much singing. Mika seemed to be enjoying it and was, as usual a fireball of energy. I felt quite weird watching him with my daughter because I’m usually in my own little world when he’s on stage, but I had her to consider this time. I couldn’t move much because she said that when I danced I hurt her back with my knees. The nice security bloke at the front didn’t take Alice’s smuggled glowstick off her.

The stage was very small, but they still managed to have the inflatable Big Girl and the skeleton. They didn’t have a screen to do the silhouette part of the teddy bear’s picnic, but we had confetti and balloons (Tia managed to get one for Alice) and streamers this time.

Nobody from the audience was taken up on stage for Lollipop this time.

Afterwards we all hung around on the pavement until most of the crowd had gone and then, in what I think is a first, were taken back into the venue a few at a time to meet him.

When Alice and I got to meet him she was completely overawed and unable to speak. I asked him to sign her balloon and asked if there was any chance of a photo (they had said no photos, only signings). Mika’s tour manager John gave us the nod and Mika asked us to wait on the side! We watched the others meeting him (I think that the American and the girl from Japan got photos too) and while we were waiting Alice’s balloon popped. It made a huge bang and she was tired, so she burst into tears and sobbed. Everyone, including Mika looked at her and she was embarrassed. One of the lovely security blokes said that he’d go and get her something else to sign, but then John appeared with a huge poster (presumably from the merchandise stand). When Mika had finished the other signings he came over to us, spoke to Alice (who was still mute with shock, tiredness and awe!) and signed the poster. Then he posed for a photo with Alice which I will post here later. I’m rushing now to finish this before she wakes up!

The other MFC members then went off to try and catch sight of him as he left and we got a taxi back to the carpark (where I badly damaged the car on a pillar that I didn’t spot when reversing out of the space!)

I was a wonderful night and I would totally recommend taking your children to a gig if they love Mika. Alice will remember last night forever.

……………………………and there is one more piece of news, but it’s not mine to tell. You’ll have to wait for someone else’s surprise!

Thanks for reviews :original: *sigh* it's a little bit as if I had been there...

Oh Jennie, your pics :wub2:

...and btw... can anybody tell me how many people were waiting after the show? - approximately?

I would say about 40-50 and he signed for everyone!

I still find it weird that on stage he's a confident, strutting, sex-god and when you meet him afterwards he's so sweet and gentle!:mf_lustslow:

Now that I’m safely back home and have had half a night’s sleep I can write something. I did consider posting last night when I got back, but it probably wouldn’t have made much sense!

After a nightmare journey into the centre of Birmingham (I’ve managed to avoid doing that for the 23 years that I’ve been driving) I couldn’t find the venue, so we parked in the only 24 hour car park that I could find and got a taxi to the Academy.

As some of you already know, this gig was special to me because it was the first time that my 7 year old Mika-mad daughter, Alice had seen him live.

When we got to the queue we immediately spotted Bexxy in her wonderful Lollipop Girl outfit. She was with Tia , Nicole, tantastic, Rose, Cathi, Paulapop and her mum, Jennie and her mum, 3 lovely Americans who’s names I can’t remember (sorry!), Mikafish and friend (not the Glasgow/Manchester Holy Johnny friend). There were loads of others and I’m sorry if I’ve forgotten you or didn’t realise who you were. I met the original Holy Johnny and Big Girl afterwards, but didn’t see them beforehand.

The Carling Academy has improved since May. The lack of queue-jumpers queue was good and the security men were friendly and helpful!!!

Unlike Glasgow last weekend, we were not allowed to take glowsticks in (why?), but we were allowed to use flash photography and take videos.

Palladium were pretty good. I’m getting to like them after 3 shows, but I still can’t help thinking “hurry up and get off, I want Mika”. Alice and I were in the front row to the left of the stage, next to Bexxy (who Alice adores, so she was in heaven). The barrier was exactly at Alice’s eye level, so she had to stand on tip-toes, or on my feet when she got tired!.

When Mika came on I felt that familiar rush of adrenaline and the atmosphere was electric. The crowd were very noisy and more boisterous than in Glasgow. There was lots of screaming, shouting and whooping, which Mika loved.

The audience was enthusiastic, although with a smaller MFC contingent than at Glasgow there wasn’t quite as much singing. Mika seemed to be enjoying it and was, as usual a fireball of energy. I felt quite weird watching him with my daughter because I’m usually in my own little world when he’s on stage, but I had her to consider this time. I couldn’t move much because she said that when I danced I hurt her back with my knees. The nice security bloke at the front didn’t take Alice’s smuggled glowstick off her.

The stage was very small, but they still managed to have the inflatable Big Girl and the skeleton. They didn’t have a screen to do the silhouette part of the teddy bear’s picnic, but we had confetti and balloons (Tia managed to get one for Alice) and streamers this time.

Afterwards we all hung around on the pavement until most of the crowd had gone and then, in what I think is a first, were taken back into the venue a few at a time to meet him.

When Alice and I got to meet him she was completely overawed and unable to speak. I asked him to sign her balloon and asked if there was any chance of a photo (they had said no photos, only signings). Mika’s tour manager John gave us the nod and Mika asked us to wait on the side! We watched the others meeting him (I think that the American and the girl from Japan got photos too) and while we were waiting Alice’s balloon popped. It made a huge bang and she was tired, so she burst into tears and sobbed. Everyone, including Mika looked at her and she was embarrassed. One of the lovely security blokes said that he’d go and get her something else to sign, but then John appeared with a huge poster (presumably from the merchandise stand). When Mika had finished the other signings he came over to us, spoke to Alice (who was still mute with shock, tiredness and awe!) and signed the poster. Then he posed for a photo with Alice which I will post here later. I’m rushing now to finish this before she wakes up!

The other MFC members then went off to try and catch sight of him as he left and we got a taxi back to the carpark (where I badly damaged the car on a pillar that I didn’t spot when reversing out of the space!)

I was a wonderful night and I would totally recommend taking your children to a gig if they love Mika. Alice will remember last night forever.

……………………………and there is one more piece of news, but it’s not mine to tell. You’ll have to wait for someone else’s surprise!

:woot_jump: Wow! I'm so thrilled it went well for Alice! ('cept for the balloon popping part of course...) So John, the tour manager is starting to look a little better in my books now. So glad you had a chance to get a photo - I can't wait to see it. This gives me a little more faith in hope that I can take my Em with me to a Mika gig too. Thanks Mika Mad! :biggrin2:

Wow!!!!!That's wonderful !I'm happy that you were allowed to use flash photography and take videos.:wub2::cool: