2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

Care to join in while we await reports, pics and secrets :naughty:

Oh Kavi I don't want to spoil my dinner. I should eat some real food before partaking in dessert.

Anyone want some hummus?

przepisy_kulinarne_hummus.jpg

*thinks this is going to be another thread with a gabillion pages of chatter before any real reviews* :roftl:

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone want some hummus?

*thinks this is going to be another thread with a gabillion pages of chatter before any real reviews* :roftl:

Hey it's not our fault these people are too busy schmoozing with Mika to give timely reports. We have to do something to pass the time.

There's something off with that hummus. It looks like custard or even mustard. :blink:

Oh Kavi I don't want to spoil my dinner. I should eat some real food before partaking in dessert.

Anyone want some hummus?

hehe i'm opposite :blink: i like to eat sweets first :blush-anim-cl:

oh yes :naughty: it's not our fault :fisch:

what is hummus? i was just wondering...

Pureed chickpeas (garbonzo beans) and garlic. Eaten with pita bread or used as a condiment for falafal and other pita sandwiches.

Forgot to add - it's also made with tahini which is a paste of sesame seeds

Pureed chickpeas (garbonzo beans) and garlic. Eaten with pita bread or used as a condiment for falafal and other pita sandwiches.

sounds delicious!!!

You can make your own easily, at least if you can find some tahini. BTW this is what it's supposed to look like.

121594812_8e1bf8dd92.jpg

LOL that looks way better than mine. I think mine ended up with some bananas in it. Or maybe Big Food got ahold of it and filled it up with high fructose corn syrup or something. :roftl:

Still no reviews? People musta' gone to bed. It's what, 3 am there? Bah on them. :bleh:

Just Google "hummus recipe" and I'm sure you'll find it. I think I'd starve if not for chickpeas.

really now i realllly want to try some :naughty: i'm going to look up a recipe and get the ingredients tomorrow :biggrin2: are there certain recipe's that i shouldn't use?

I've never bothered to make it because it's so readily available here, but it doesn't require any cooking so it's quite simple. You just throw chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and oil into a food processor.

Here are some tips on adjusting the flavouring and consistency.

http://www.veggiechic.com/creative-homemade-hummus/

I've never bothered to make it because it's so readily available here, but it doesn't require any cooking so it's quite simple. You just throw chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and oil into a food processor.

Here are some tips on adjusting the flavouring and consistency.

http://www.veggiechic.com/creative-homemade-hummus/

thanks again! :biggrin2:

Sariflor just texted me and asked me to post what I will post below in 'massive fonts' (I think that she knows exactly that in this state she can have ANYTHING from me and takes advantage of it )

So here comes the message:

BABS SAID THAT HE LOOKED HOT.

Babs, complaints are to be directed to Sariflor. I'm just the messenger

I knew it! She's a closet Mika-lover! :sneaky2:

I don't know the secret and I've waiting patiently for 2 days now!

Yeah really, eh?...tell me about it... :sneaky2:

Oh My Word.

That was awesomeee!!!

Martin...Pfftt...he tried to bump me off stage but i think i won the mini fight... :roftl:

Mika grabbing (sariflor). Martin bumping (xLAURENx). Can I request "biting" and "grinding" at the gigs I go to?:naughty:

What's the secret that Rak1 beholds??? :naughty::biggrin2:

It's all in her waddle. :roftl:

Although I consider myself as good sighted I am afraid I could not see him from Peterborough. I think there is a mystery afoot.:shocked:

Ha Ha, two Holy Johnnys, one named Mark, the other Marc? And now maybe a third one named Matt? And they are all MFCers....that is it bit holy (or unholy) huh? Well, maybe it's just a tad confusing. :roftl: Let's see what I can remember...one is silver lemons, who has a gf, Mika Fish??? who has been on stage a few times....and the (original??? :shocked: ) Holy Johnny is the one above who is perhaps married to Big Girl? And then, how about Matt? Or was it Richard.....:insane: Would someone just tell me to shut up and stop making it worse? :mf_rosetinted:

I still think it's that Mika proposed to her. They will have a small ceremony on a hill in Scotland this coming spring. Everyone will dab their eyes with tartan hankies. :mf_rosetinted:

Or, maybe, it was more along the lines of Mika asking the penguin to go on his next world tour with him (since she travels so much anyway). Wouldn't that be fun? :punk:

Ok, I got home a short while ago and am absolutely knackered after driving to and back from Doncaster,so this will be a SHORT one.

Sorry but I don't travel in the superbus and I had to actually keep the driving BF awake by being relatively "alive":sneaky2: :naughty:

Thanks Deb!

The first short 'review' came from Niki 5 min ago:

'We will ask. Gig over. He jump staged. Grabbed Sariflors arm. Great gig!'

Basically what happenned was that at one point he jumped off the stage and came down to the "floor area", he went off a bit to the right hand side, and at that point I thought that it was a good picture occasion....so I was looking down fiddling with my camera trying to get the zoom right,when I noticed someone grabbing my arm and kind of pulling...Mika had come back from the other side, and decided that it was a good idea to use my arm as a "platform" to lift himself up onto the inside of the barrier that we were leaning on. How cheeky :sneaky2:.

It all happenned very fast but when I looked up I just saw him there, right in front of me, hahaha!!

Then all hell broke loose, because he was standing right there "on top" of us at the barrier a few hands went straight to his chest and belly (and who knows where else!!:shocked: ) and I must admit that mine also sort of reached out (BY ITSELF OF COURSE!) to touch his chest.

I blame it on a reflex,hehe...It was all wet and sweaty anyway and then my common sense came back so I pulled my hand back LOL.

He then at some point went back onto the stage and continued singing.

you should ask mika to give you a black eye!!! that would be AMAZING!!!!!

LOL, I think that I will pass on that, thanks!!

I love hummous.

Random fact- did you know that sesame seeds have around 15 times (weight per weight) more calcium than cow's milk?

Anyway, back to the gig: It was fantastic.

I loved every second of it!! I personally enjoyed it more than Glasgow, and I think that also more than Dusseldorf. I just loved it!

We had such a great position right in the middle of the front row, bang on infront of Mika.

He had the piano looking at us, and it was so close too, that it just felt incredibly "close".

I don't know, some gigs you just enjoy more than others,and I think that he was just sooo into it, I loved it.

He did change things a bit like some have mentioned. Didn't do MM, but did a very good Sweet Dreams with Saranayde.

I was never a fan of his SD and I may have to reconsider my views on that one, hehe!! It was actually great.

He did the usual set, but the only missing thing was the encore: there was no coming back this time.

He got Holy Johnny up on stage, where it was easy to tell that HJ is quickly becoming a "pro" and moves around the stage like it's his second home,LOL! It was funny.

Ah and in Lollipop he asked xLaurenX on stage, as she was wearing an incredible Chew Chew outfit.

I thought that it was a fantastic gig, the atmosphere was great, there wasn't any horrible pushing or anything like that, he seemed in great spirits although his throat seemed sore (and this is worrying me now) and the band were also their usual bubbly selves.

Oh at some point "someone" threw a glowstick bracelet on stage and Martin wore it.

Also, when Luke did the skeleton thing in LT, he actually came out to the front of the stage and "directed" the skeleton's hands towards us,the crowd. That was quite funny!!

Anyway I have written more than I was planning on and I really need to go to bed, but I wanted to leave my little review here.

I took a few good pics and a few videos but I am quite upset about their quality, as the settings were strange and I think I recorded them in a low quality mode or something. Anyway I will upload what I can.

Oh and I took a pic of Andy/Richard/Samantha/Cameraman, but I think that he didn't like it cause he gave me a killer look and now I think that he hates me.

Oh dear.

Good night (or morning really) everyone.

P.S. Did I mention that I LOVE Mika??? He's just amazing, every new gig I go to, instead of getting tired of it, I want more.

This is dangerous.:blush-anim-cl: