2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

fez from palladuim has just e mailed me !!!! abut the pictures on myspcae saying we are looking good!!!1

i was not expecting that at all !!!!!!!

Hehe how cool! :biggrin2:

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

fez from palladuim has just e mailed me !!!! abut the pictures on myspcae saying we are looking good!!!1

i was not expecting that at all !!!!!!!

Ah that's sweet! :thumb_yello: Nice guys, aren't they? Can't wait for them to come over to Holland! :punk: :punk:

Ah that's sweet! :thumb_yello: Nice guys, aren't they? Can't wait for them to come over to Holland! :punk: :punk:

Are they ever going to? :naughty:

Never heard of this band but you're all so positive about them that I'm listening to some of their songs on myspace now.. They sound really nice!

Hi everyone :punk:

Back from Donny.......What a fabulous night!!!

great gig and and great people to be with :wub2:

I will post more later and some pics from last night.

Can I just say I got a kiss from Mika and he signed my lollipop!!:wub2:

Can't wait for Newcastle!!!

So me and my mum left thetford around 10:30 and we got to the hotel at 2:30

so yeah, not that much of a long drive...

we went to see where the dome was and the que and stuff, and then cos my mum was hungry we went back to the Campanile or whatever its called.

we officially started queing around 4ish and i was armed with the quilt in a sleeping bag bag xD and then when Andy the cameraman came out, i took it out, i best be on t.v now!

He filmed the quilt, but i didnt really talk about it much.

At about 6 i couldnt see the end of the que, and when it was time to go in, the que had like spiralled round the dome xD

At 7, i made a made dash for the middle front, and i got the second row, right infront of the drums, yay!

Palladium was GREAT

they were all quite cute too :blush-anim-cl:

After the gig i got everyones autograph cept for the singer guy, peter i think is name was xD

And then MIKA came on.

Saranayde came on through this big old blue bubble type thing, and mika just sort of ran on xD

The music was AMAZING

i recorded all the songs except Grace Kelly and Lollipop- so im real sorry Lauren but i didnt get you on tape =[

I waved the quilt round madly through out.

After the gig, i found my mum because she had gone to the back of the hall cos of the heat, and we were talking to some MFCers and i got a grey mika top.

We found out he would be signing and we made a mad dash for the 4th fire exit door :wub2:

We got in and we put the quilt over the railing things so he could see it.

He said it was 'acutally incredable' and he proper loved it. my mum videoed it so you can all see it when my phone is charged up!

He signed my grey mika top.

And i dont really know what else to say- but the gig was just :shocked:

Im a very happy girlie now!

That's so great that he's pulling fans on stage. I hope Holy Johnny goes on tour with him. I want to see him in London! :biggrin2:

Lauren that's a wonderful story. Sounds like Mika had a lot of fun with you even though you couldn't see what was going on. I really hope someone got pictures or videos for you so you can remember it forever.

Sariflor...wow! :wub2: There seem to be an inordinate number of reports of people feeling Mika's sweaty chest! :shocked:

It was a bit difficult to imagine until seeing the pics, but oh lordy. If he takes his shirt off and jumps down and grabs me I'm not sure I can be held responsible for my actions...I'm just sayin' :naughty:

Emmy thanks for adding me to your MySpace and posting those pics. They are great, especially the ones with MFCers. And Mika in blue faux braces. Nice!

I'm happy everyone had such a fabulous time. Makes me excited for London and hopefully some smaller upcoming shows in North America. Thanks everyone!

Report. (sorry its a bit long!)

well what can i say!...It was the best night of my life. Seriously.

I planned on getting to the Dome for 2pm but we got lost on the way to it so we ended up getting there at about 3:05pm...But there was only a few people in the queue...Mostly MFCers and the queue was INSIDEEEE! =D

FD (santa) came along the queue handing out lollipops! Thanks Freddie:thumb_yello:

Me and my friend were fully prepared with a mini picnic to keep us going for a couple of hours...:bleh:

Andy the cameraman came out a couple of times and interviewd a few people, one of them was Carmel (ThatRadFreak) talking about her patchwork quilt!

I snapped a quick photo of Carmel with the quilt...Its not a very clear photo.

snipspshotamaaaazingblanket.jpg

The time flew buy and the next minute it was 6pm and queue started to fill up quite quick...

When we were allowed through...everyone made a mad rush towards the front...And there was me running at full speed towards the front in my monkey outfit loosing Beth along the way LOL.

Me and Beth got an excellent spot right below Mika!

It was Boiling in the Venue because off the amount of people crammed in there...so i decided to take my costume off Until Lollipop came on so i layed it on the floor under my feet Hopeing that it wouldnt get crushed.

Palladium came on and they were excellent!!!!!

They played awesomely and Rostas Fez Took his top off and came down the front! <3

They went off and it was a short while before Mika came on...

The beggining was really good...and the setup of the stage was fantastic!

He came on full of energy singing Relax!

The crowd went mad and Mika was really happy with how welcoming the crowd was!

Ive never seen him so happy!

Holy Johny got pulled up on stage juring the song Holy Johny and he looked like a professional on stage!

Mika came Running down the front like a mad man...LOL.

LT was AMAZING...it started off with a HUGE skeleton which was freaky!

He played the drums and took his top off...Which was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Then the Band went off...Beth helped me slip into my costume and put my Monkey head on...Which ended up with me looking like this...:roftl:

snipshotgooodpipofchjechgew.jpg

I must admit...I felt like a complete nutter in it...People were staring LOL.

Then Lollipop started...

I coulnt see very well at this point because the eyes of the mokey costume were steaming up.

I saw Mika a litte bit though...and he was dressed as a Alligator.

THEN...he beconed me up!

I was like...'WHO, ME?!'

I didnt know what to do...because i coulnt see hardly anything and i was soooooooooo(oooo) hot and i was sweating like mad.

So i tried to climb over the barrier... But the costume was sooo baggy and big that it was very difficult. Plus i couldnt see where i was going.

I finally got over the barrier but my leg got stuck LOL so i kinda fell over it (how embarrasing!)

I could only see a blur at this point so i just felt my way to the stage...Mika came down to help pull me up but i didnt see him untill i actually got up! :doh:

So there i was stood on stage in front of 1800+ people...i was in a state of shock.

The most people ive ever been in fornt of is like 50 LOL! (the worst thing was...was that it was just the band and me...I felt a right prick!)

i was thinking to myself 'Lauren...DANCE you idiot!!!'

So i did...Very badly.

Mika came over to me and knocked on the eye of my costume and peered in then he hi-fived me.

I felt someone grab and tickle me around my waist LOL (i thaught it was Cherrise or Syranade...So i looked round and saw Martin laughing his head off! Pfffft. LOL.

I just carried carried on dancing.

Then i felt someone bumping me along...so i looked round again..and it was Martin AGAIN! hahaaa

so i just Bumped him back!

Unfortunatly Beth couldnt take any videos or photos of me on stage because... I TOOK THE BLOODY PHONE UP ON STAGE WITH ME! Grrrr.

When the band ran off...i was just stood there..i didnt know where to go...so i just climed back off stage and crawled over the barrier (sorry if i hurt anyone on the way back over!)

Sian came to talk to me after i chatted a little with her...But i was too hot and needed to get outside and get a drink!

when i went outside i thaught to myself...'did that just happen' and had to get Beth to pinch me LOL!

Overall it was a DREAM!

EDIT: did anyone get a photo of me on stage?

OMG! That's incredible! How funny and memorable is that?!

Hi everyone :punk:

Back from Donny.......What a fabulous night!!!

great gig and and great people to be with :wub2:

I will post more later and some pics from last night.

Can I just say I got a kiss from Mika and he signed my lollipop!!:wub2:

Can't wait for Newcastle!!!

Can't wait to read more! You gotta kiss?! Luckeeee!

So me and my mum left thetford around 10:30 and we got to the hotel at 2:30

so yeah, not that much of a long drive...

we went to see where the dome was and the que and stuff, and then cos my mum was hungry we went back to the Campanile or whatever its called.

we officially started queing around 4ish and i was armed with the quilt in a sleeping bag bag xD and then when Andy the cameraman came out, i took it out, i best be on t.v now!

He filmed the quilt, but i didnt really talk about it much.

At about 6 i couldnt see the end of the que, and when it was time to go in, the que had like spiralled round the dome xD

At 7, i made a made dash for the middle front, and i got the second row, right infront of the drums, yay!

Palladium was GREAT

they were all quite cute too :blush-anim-cl:

After the gig i got everyones autograph cept for the singer guy, peter i think is name was xD

And then MIKA came on.

Saranayde came on through this big old blue bubble type thing, and mika just sort of ran on xD

The music was AMAZING

i recorded all the songs except Grace Kelly and Lollipop- so im real sorry Lauren but i didnt get you on tape =[

I waved the quilt round madly through out.

After the gig, i found my mum because she had gone to the back of the hall cos of the heat, and we were talking to some MFCers and i got a grey mika top.

We found out he would be signing and we made a mad dash for the 4th fire exit door :wub2:

He said it was 'acutally incredable' and he proper loved it. my mum videoed it so you can all see it when my phone is charged up!

He signed my grey mika top.

And i dont really know what else to say- but the gig was just :shocked:

Im a very happy girlie now!

Yay! So thrilled for you!!!

Oh that's fab that he loved your quilt. You must be over the moon. Can't wait to see the video.