2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, Blue

:thumb_yello:

n1morningyh0.gif

Good afternoon VS! :punk: :punk:

Plus I have never seen Martin so animated! We did wonder if he'd had too much fizzy pop before coming on :wink2:

Ah, it must have been the fact that he was playing a home game? :naughty:

Thanks for your nice review Angelic! You're one of the lucky ones who's able to give a fair comparison of the early performances with the shows they're doing now! :thumb_yello:

i dont know if you know, but Mika got the quilt and he said it was phenomenal! got it on film too!

Great - looking forward to seeing it!!

Ok, I got home a short while ago and am absolutely knackered after driving to and back from Doncaster,so this will be a SHORT one.

Sorry but I don't travel in the superbus and I had to actually keep the driving BF awake by being relatively "alive":sneaky2: :naughty:

Basically what happenned was that at one point he jumped off the stage and came down to the "floor area", he went off a bit to the right hand side, and at that point I thought that it was a good picture occasion....so I was looking down fiddling with my camera trying to get the zoom right,when I noticed someone grabbing my arm and kind of pulling...Mika had come back from the other side, and decided that it was a good idea to use my arm as a "platform" to lift himself up onto the inside of the barrier that we were leaning on. How cheeky

It all happenned very fast but when I looked up I just saw him there, right in front of me, hahaha!!

Then all hell broke loose, because he was standing right there "on top" of us at the barrier a few hands went straight to his chest and belly (and who knows where else!!:shocked: ) and I must admit that mine also sort of reached out (BY ITSELF OF COURSE!) to touch his chest.

I blame it on a reflex,hehe...It was all wet and sweaty anyway and then my common sense came back so I pulled my hand back LOL.

He then at some point went back onto the stage and continued singing.

LOL, I think that I will pass on that, thanks!!

I love hummous.

Random fact- did you know that sesame seeds have around 15 times (weight per weight) more calcium than cow's milk?

Anyway, back to the gig: It was fantastic.

I loved every second of it!! I personally enjoyed it more than Glasgow, and I think that also more than Dusseldorf. I just loved it!

We had such a great position right in the middle of the front row, bang on infront of Mika.

He had the piano looking at us, and it was so close too, that it just felt incredibly "close".

I don't know, some gigs you just enjoy more than others,and I think that he was just sooo into it, I loved it.

He did change things a bit like some have mentioned. Didn't do MM, but did a very good Sweet Dreams with Saranayde.

I was never a fan of his SD and I may have to reconsider my views on that one, hehe!! It was actually great.

He did the usual set, but the only missing thing was the encore: there was no coming back this time.

He got Holy Johnny up on stage, where it was easy to tell that HJ is quickly becoming a "pro" and moves around the stage like it's his second home,LOL! It was funny.

Ah and in Lollipop he asked xLaurenX on stage, as she was wearing an incredible Chew Chew outfit.

I thought that it was a fantastic gig, the atmosphere was great, there wasn't any horrible pushing or anything like that, he seemed in great spirits although his throat seemed sore (and this is worrying me now) and the band were also their usual bubbly selves.

Oh at some point "someone" threw a glowstick bracelet on stage and Martin wore it.

Also, when Luke did the skeleton thing in LT, he actually came out to the front of the stage and "directed" the skeleton's hands towards us,the crowd. That was quite funny!!

Anyway I have written more than I was planning on and I really need to go to bed, but I wanted to leave my little review here.

I took a few good pics and a few videos but I am quite upset about their quality, as the settings were strange and I think I recorded them in a low quality mode or something. Anyway I will upload what I can.

Oh and I took a pic of Andy/Richard/Samantha/Cameraman, but I think that he didn't like it cause he gave me a killer look and now I think that he hates me.

Oh dear.

Good night (or morning really) everyone.

P.S. Did I mention that I LOVE Mika??? He's just amazing, every new gig I go to, instead of getting tired of it, I want more.

This is dangerous.:blush-anim-cl:

Great report - thanks!!

My gig report from Doncaster last night ...

I will echo sariflor's comments. It was such a good show! We spoke to Mika briefly afterwards, got some stuff signed - the shows are just coming along in leaps and bounds, you can see how they have changed (I hesitate to say "improved", because that will give the wrong impression of what I actually mean) since February this year ... the earlier shows were fab, but they are now adding more bits and pieces.

Plus I have never seen Martin so animated! We did wonder if he'd had too much fizzy pop before coming on :wink2:

Such a good show - I think some of the intimacy from the earlier gigs has of course been lost - only to be expected as they start playing in bigger venues - but the performance is getting more and more polished. And as always, it was lovely to meet up with boardies who I haven't seen for a long time - my lovely friend Andi and Ali, Jodie, Freddie (who must have been boiling in his Santa suit!!!), and to meet Ruth, Bab, Sarah and anyone else I met last night and have now forgotten the name of (it's my age!:wink2: )

I will leave it to others to fill in the details, but I just wanted to show my face again (some of you know me from when I joined, when this board first started in January) but I don't get on here much any more for various reasons.

but I keep in touch with folks and still love Mika! so that's what counts. Enjoy the gigs, any of you still with gigs to come - ahh, Newcastle tomorrow - that's going to be so good.

lots of love to all

Gill

xxx

Thanks for this!!

yep it was awesome!!!! they are so nice

hubba hubba mika

Great pics thanks :thumb_yello:

Report. (sorry its a bit long!)

well what can i say!...It was the best night of my life. Seriously.

I planned on getting to the Dome for 2pm but we got lost on the way to it so we ended up getting there at about 3:05pm...But there was only a few people in the queue...Mostly MFCers and the queue was INSIDEEEE! =D

FD (santa) came along the queue handing out lollipops! Thanks Freddie:thumb_yello:

Me and my friend were fully prepared with a mini picnic to keep us going for a couple of hours...:bleh:

Andy the cameraman came out a couple of times and interviewd a few people, one of them was Carmel (ThatRadFreak) talking about her patchwork quilt!

I snapped a quick photo of Carmel with the quilt...Its not a very clear photo.

snipspshotamaaaazingblanket.jpg

The time flew buy and the next minute it was 6pm and queue started to fill up quite quick...

When we were allowed through...everyone made a mad rush towards the front...And there was me running at full speed towards the front in my monkey outfit loosing Beth along the way LOL.

Me and Beth got an excellent spot right below Mika!

It was Boiling in the Venue because off the amount of people crammed in there...so i decided to take my costume off Until Lollipop came on so i layed it on the floor under my feet Hopeing that it wouldnt get crushed.

Palladium came on and they were excellent!!!!!

They played awesomely and Rostas Fez Took his top off and came down the front! <3

They went off and it was a short while before Mika came on...

The beggining was really good...and the setup of the stage was fantastic!

He came on full of energy singing Relax!

The crowd went mad and Mika was really happy with how welcoming the crowd was!

Ive never seen him so happy!

Holy Johny got pulled up on stage juring the song Holy Johny and he looked like a professional on stage!

Mika came Running down the front like a mad man...LOL.

LT was AMAZING...it started off with a HUGE skeleton which was freaky!

He played the drums and took his top off...Which was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!

Then the Band went off...Beth helped me slip into my costume and put my Monkey head on...Which ended up with me looking like this...:roftl:

snipshotgooodpipofchjechgew.jpg

I must admit...I felt like a complete nutter in it...People were staring LOL.

Then Lollipop started...

I coulnt see very well at this point because the eyes of the mokey costume were steaming up.

I saw Mika a litte bit though...and he was dressed as a Alligator.

THEN...he beconed me up!

I was like...'WHO, ME?!'

I didnt know what to do...because i coulnt see hardly anything and i was soooooooooo(oooo) hot and i was sweating like mad.

So i tried to climb over the barrier... But the costume was sooo baggy and big that it was very difficult. Plus i couldnt see where i was going.

I finally got over the barrier but my leg got stuck LOL so i kinda fell over it (how embarrasing!)

I could only see a blur at this point so i just felt my way to the stage...Mika came down to help pull me up but i didnt see him untill i actually got up! :doh:

So there i was stood on stage in front of 1800+ people...i was in a state of shock.

The most people ive ever been in fornt of is like 50 LOL! (the worst thing was...was that it was just the band and me...I felt a right prick!)

i was thinking to myself 'Lauren...DANCE you idiot!!!'

So i did...Very badly.

Mika came over to me and knocked on the eye of my costume and peered in then he hi-fived me.

I felt someone grab and tickle me around my waist LOL (i thaught it was Cherrise or Syranade...So i looked round and saw Martin laughing his head off! Pfffft. LOL.

I just carried carried on dancing.

Then i felt someone bumping me along...so i looked round again..and it was Martin AGAIN! hahaaa

so i just Bumped him back!

Unfortunatly Beth couldnt take any videos or photos of me on stage because... I TOOK THE BLOODY PHONE UP ON STAGE WITH ME! Grrrr.

When the band ran off...i was just stood there..i didnt know where to go...so i just climed back off stage and crawled over the barrier (sorry if i hurt anyone on the way back over!)

Sian came to talk to me after i chatted a little with her...But i was too hot and needed to get outside and get a drink!

when i went outside i thaught to myself...'did that just happen' and had to get Beth to pinch me LOL!

Overall it was a DREAM!

EDIT: did anyone get a photo of me on stage?

ok guys pictures are now up on myspace of you crazy lot. the ones of mika arent so good but i gotloads at manchester

hope u like them

http://www.myspace.com/emma_hague

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

It amuses me that I don't care for the Mika pictures at all, and go straight for the ones with the MFCers in them. :naughty:

My mum walked in as I was looking at Holy Johnny so I explained the story to her and she thought it was quite brilliant. Random, I know. :biggrin2::naughty:

I planned on getting to the Dome for 2pm but we got lost on the way to it so we ended up getting there at about 3:05pm...But there was only a few people in the queue...Mostly MFCers and the queue was INSIDEEEE! =D

FD (santa) came along the queue handing out lollipops! Thanks Freddie:thumb_yello:

Me and my friend were fully prepared with a mini picnic to keep us going for a couple of hours...:bleh:

Andy the cameraman came out a couple of times and interviewd a few people, one of them was Carmel (ThatRadFreak) talking about her patchwork quilt!

The time flew buy and the next minute it was 6pm and queue started to fill up quite quick...

When we were allowed through...everyone made a mad rush towards the front...And there was me running at full speed towards the front in my monkey outfit loosing Beth along the way LOL.

It was Boiling in the Venue because off the amount of people crammed in there...so i decided to take my costume off Until Lollipop came on so i layed it on the floor under my feet Hopeing that it wouldnt get crushed.

They played awesomely and Rostas Fez Took his top off and came down the front! <3

Holy Johny got pulled up on stage juring the song Holy Johny and he looked like a professional on stage!

Then the Band went off...Beth helped me slip into my costume and put my Monkey head on...Which ended up with me looking like this...:roftl:

Then Lollipop started...

I coulnt see very well at this point because the eyes of the mokey costume were steaming up.

THEN...he beconed me up!

I was like...'WHO, ME?!'

I didnt know what to do...because i coulnt see hardly anything and i was soooooooooo(oooo) hot and i was sweating like mad.

So i tried to climb over the barrier... But the costume was sooo baggy and big that it was very difficult. Plus i couldnt see where i was going.

I finally got over the barrier but my leg got stuck LOL so i kinda fell over it (how embarrasing!)

I could only see a blur at this point so i just felt my way to the stage...Mika came down to help pull me up but i didnt see him untill i actually got up! :doh:

So there i was stood on stage in front of 1800+ people...i was in a state of shock.

The most people ive ever been in fornt of is like 50 LOL! (the worst thing was...was that it was just the band and me...I felt a right prick!)

So i did...Very badly.

Mika came over to me and knocked on the eye of my costume and peered in then he hi-fived me.

I felt someone grab and tickle me around my waist LOL (i thaught it was Cherrise or Syranade...So i looked round and saw Martin laughing his head off! Pfffft. LOL.

Then i felt someone bumping me along...so i looked round again..and it was Martin AGAIN! hahaaa

Unfortunatly Beth couldnt take any videos or photos of me on stage because... I TOOK THE BLOODY PHONE UP ON STAGE WITH ME! Grrrr.

When the band ran off...i was just stood there..i didnt know where to go...so i just climed back off stage and crawled over the barrier (sorry if i hurt anyone on the way back over!)

Sian came to talk to me after i chatted a little with her...But i was too hot and needed to get outside and get a drink!

when i went outside i thaught to myself...'did that just happen' and had to get Beth to pinch me LOL!

Overall it was a DREAM!

AMAZING!

That costume is totally brilliant by the way. :biggrin2:

:mf_boff:{MARTIIIN WHACHA DOIN??!!}:roll1: GREAT COSTUME!!!

Me and my friend were fully prepared with a mini picnic to keep us going for a couple of hours...

Then Lollipop started...

THEN...he beconed me up!

I was like...'WHO, ME?!'

So i did...Very badly.

Overall it was a DREAM!

What a fantastic night you had - well done :biggrin2:

I hope someone did get a photo or video of you!!! :thumb_yello:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

It amuses me that I don't care for the Mika pictures at all, and go straight for the ones with the MFCers in them. :naughty:

My mum walked in as I was looking at Holy Johnny so I explained the story to her and she thought it was quite brilliant. Random, I know. :biggrin2::naughty:

nice one !!!!

Hehe, that must have been like a dream Lauren! :naughty: I really hope someone filmed it, I would love to see you dancing on stage with Mika and the band! :thumb_yello:

Emmylou, thanks for the pics! I recognize quite a few MFCers! Just like Diana I run straight to the MFC pics. :naughty:

FD (santa) came along the queue handing out lollipops! Thanks Freddie

Then Lollipop started...

THEN...he beconed me up!

I was like...'WHO, ME?!'

So i did...Very badly.

Overall it was a DREAM!

Wow!!!!Amazing night you had !!:biggrin2::punk:

Hehe, that must have been like a dream Lauren! :naughty: I really hope someone filmed it, I would love to see you dancing on stage with Mika and the band! :thumb_yello:

Emmylou, thanks for the pics! I recognize quite a few MFCers! Just like Diana I run straight to the MFC pics. :naughty:

New thread game - spot the MFC'rs :naughty: :naughty:

There is only one Mika - but lots of "us"!!! :biggrin2:

lauren

when you got upon stage you ended up on mika's feet and he was pretending to hit you over the head with his fist ha ha ha it was really funny!!!! bless ya

Hahaha Really?!?:roftl:

Omg how embarasing!:blush-anim-cl:

Did i crawl on his feet or something?:shocked:

:roftl:

oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

fez from palladuim has just e mailed me !!!! abut the pictures on myspcae saying we are looking good!!!1

i was not expecting that at all !!!!!!!

Wow - thats great - think they are reading this :biggrin2: