2007 - Mika @ The Dome, Doncaster - 24 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

THank you for the "short" report, Sariflor..... :biggrin2: can't wait for the BIG one. You know how we are.....always wanting more. :bleh: Seriously, thanks for reporting even when you were so tired. I'm glad it was such a good one for you.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what happenned was that at one point he jumped off the stage and came down to the "floor area", he went off a bit to the right hand side, and at that point I thought that it was a good picture occasion....so I was looking down fiddling with my camera trying to get the zoom right,when I noticed someone grabbing my arm and kind of pulling...Mika had come back from the other side, and decided that it was a good idea to use my arm as a "platform" to lift himself up onto the inside of the barrier that we were leaning on. How cheeky :sneaky2:.

It all happenned very fast but when I looked up I just saw him there, right in front of me, hahaha!!

Then all hell broke loose, because he was standing right there "on top" of us at the barrier a few hands went straight to his chest and belly (and who knows where else!!:shocked: ) and I must admit that mine also sort of reached out (BY ITSELF OF COURSE!) to touch his chest.

I blame it on a reflex,hehe...It was all wet and sweaty anyway and then my common sense came back so I pulled my hand back LOL.

He then at some point went back onto the stage and continued singing.

that sounds amazing! :biggrin2:

P.S. Did I mention that I LOVE Mika??? He's just amazing, every new gig I go to, instead of getting tired of it, I want more.

This is dangerous.:blush-anim-cl:

It means that he is definitely doing something right if people don't get tired of it and that's great!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the report. :cool:

i dont know if you know, but Mika got the quilt and he said it was phenomenal! got it on film too!

I heard that it got filmed by Andy the cameraman, but I haven't heard any details about giving it to Mika. I'm sure he loved it....are there posts about him receiving it on other threads?

I still think it's that Mika proposed to her. They will have a small ceremony on a hill in Scotland this coming spring. Everyone will dab their eyes with tartan hankies. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh, that's awesome :thumb_yello: , I'll throw the rice... or whatever they throw in Scotland...:blink:

Basically what happenned was that at one point he jumped off the stage and came down to the "floor area", he went off a bit to the right hand side, and at that point I thought that it was a good picture occasion....so I was looking down fiddling with my camera trying to get the zoom right,when I noticed someone grabbing my arm and kind of pulling...Mika had come back from the other side, and decided that it was a good idea to use my arm as a "platform" to lift himself up onto the inside of the barrier that we were leaning on. How cheeky :sneaky2:.

It all happenned very fast but when I looked up I just saw him there, right in front of me, hahaha!!

Oh God, you crack me up! Hahahah, this is freaking hilarious!

Picture occasion spoilt! Can he ever make up for that? :sneaky2:

I'm so happy you had SUCH a great time! :thumb_yello:

Ok, I got home a short while ago and am absolutely knackered after driving to and back from Doncaster,so this will be a SHORT one.

Sorry but I don't travel in the superbus and I had to actually keep the driving BF awake by being relatively "alive":sneaky2: :naughty:

Then all hell broke loose, because he was standing right there "on top" of us at the barrier a few hands went straight to his chest and belly (and who knows where else!!:shocked: ) and I must admit that mine also sort of reached out (BY ITSELF OF COURSE!) to touch his chest.

I blame it on a reflex,hehe...It was all wet and sweaty anyway and then my common sense came back so I pulled my hand back LOL.

He then at some point went back onto the stage and continued singing.

Anyway, back to the gig: It was fantastic.

I loved every second of it!! I personally enjoyed it more than Glasgow, and I think that also more than Dusseldorf. I just loved it!

We had such a great position right in the middle of the front row, bang on infront of Mika.

He had the piano looking at us, and it was so close too, that it just felt incredibly "close".

I don't know, some gigs you just enjoy more than others,and I think that he was just sooo into it, I loved it.

He did change things a bit like some have mentioned. Didn't do MM, but did a very good Sweet Dreams with Saranayde.

I was never a fan of his SD and I may have to reconsider my views on that one, hehe!! It was actually great.

He did the usual set, but the only missing thing was the encore: there was no coming back this time.

He got Holy Johnny up on stage, where it was easy to tell that HJ is quickly becoming a "pro" and moves around the stage like it's his second home,LOL! It was funny.

Ah and in Lollipop he asked xLaurenX on stage, as she was wearing an incredible Chew Chew outfit.

I thought that it was a fantastic gig, the atmosphere was great, there wasn't any horrible pushing or anything like that, he seemed in great spirits although his throat seemed sore (and this is worrying me now) and the band were also their usual bubbly selves.

Oh at some point "someone" threw a glowstick bracelet on stage and Martin wore it.

Also, when Luke did the skeleton thing in LT, he actually came out to the front of the stage and "directed" the skeleton's hands towards us,the crowd. That was quite funny!!

Anyway I have written more than I was planning on and I really need to go to bed, but I wanted to leave my little review here.

I took a few good pics and a few videos but I am quite upset about their quality, as the settings were strange and I think I recorded them in a low quality mode or something. Anyway I will upload what I can.

Oh and I took a pic of Andy/Richard/Samantha/Cameraman, but I think that he didn't like it cause he gave me a killer look and now I think that he hates me.

Oh dear.

Good night (or morning really) everyone.

P.S. Did I mention that I LOVE Mika??? He's just amazing, every new gig I go to, instead of getting tired of it, I want more.

Wow! That's fabulous! Thank you for the details - So happy you had such an awesome time!

i dont know if you know, but Mika got the quilt and he said it was phenomenal! got it on film too!

:woot_jump:Yay!

Thank you so much for your great report!:thumb_yello:

I hope you don't mind that I'll print it out and put it in my Mika memory book. It's really funny and sweet!:blush-anim-cl:

It means that he is definitely doing something right if people don't get tired of it and that's great!! :thumb_yello:

Good point!

He makes us want to come back...and come back!:wink2:

Thank you so much for your great report!:thumb_yello:

I hope you don't mind that I'll print it out and put it in my Mika memory book. It's really funny and sweet!:blush-anim-cl:

Good point!

He makes us want to come back...and come back!:wink2:

...and come back... *sigh*

Ok, i will start off with some photos i took...

Rostas Fez :das:

This is when he came down the front

snipshotpalladium.jpg

This is when Mika came runing down the front (sorry its blurry but he moves so fast!)

snipshotmikaaadownfront.jpg

I think this is the part where he uses sariflor as a arm rest:bleh:

snipshotarmrestmikaaa.jpg

And the famous Butt Shake

snipshotbuttshakeee.jpg

I will do my report in a short while:biggrin2:

Ok, i will start off with some photos i took...

Rostas Fez :das:

This is when he came down the front

snipshotpalladium.jpg

This is when Mika came runing down the front (sorry its blurry but he moves so fast!)

snipshotmikaaadownfront.jpg

I think this is the part where he uses sariflor as a arm rest:bleh:

snipshotarmrestmikaaa.jpg

And the famous Butt Shake

I will do my report in a short while

soooo close???????? f_dribblem_b643109.png

:stretcher:

Awwwww! Now I can REALLY imagine why Mirti had to share that image of a half naked Fez with me!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

He needs braces btw. :das:

Lauren, thanks for your pics! And Sariflor, thanks for your great review! Better than Dusseldorf and Glasgow? :shocked: Ow man... I was at both, apparently I've missed something then... :sneaky2:

Awwwww! Now I can REALLY imagine why Mirti had to share that half naked Fez with me!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

He needs braces btw. :das:

Lauren, thanks for your pics! And Sariflor, thanks for your great review! Better than Dusseldorf and Glasgow? :shocked: Ow man... I was at both, apparently I've missed something then... :sneaky2:

hehe, maybe he could borrow mikas braces

he seemsto be getting better and better! aus is going to be good :punk:

Awwwww ..... that's frustrating & sad Nik ...... !!!console.gif

I felt the same about the 'Life in Cartoon Motion' thread .... I missed the magazine ......... :blink::boxed:

Oh.. i did too.. but wasn't there a photo of you in there?? I think BSky added mine at the end, which is nice.. but was completely out of touch during that whole project :boxed:

My gig report from Doncaster last night ...

I will echo sariflor's comments. It was such a good show! We spoke to Mika briefly afterwards, got some stuff signed - the shows are just coming along in leaps and bounds, you can see how they have changed (I hesitate to say "improved", because that will give the wrong impression of what I actually mean) since February this year ... the earlier shows were fab, but they are now adding more bits and pieces.

Plus I have never seen Martin so animated! We did wonder if he'd had too much fizzy pop before coming on :wink2:

Such a good show - I think some of the intimacy from the earlier gigs has of course been lost - only to be expected as they start playing in bigger venues - but the performance is getting more and more polished. And as always, it was lovely to meet up with boardies who I haven't seen for a long time - my lovely friend Andi and Ali, Jodie, Freddie (who must have been boiling in his Santa suit!!!), and to meet Ruth, Bab, Sarah and anyone else I met last night and have now forgotten the name of (it's my age!:wink2: )

I will leave it to others to fill in the details, but I just wanted to show my face again (some of you know me from when I joined, when this board first started in January) but I don't get on here much any more for various reasons.

but I keep in touch with folks and still love Mika! so that's what counts. Enjoy the gigs, any of you still with gigs to come - ahh, Newcastle tomorrow - that's going to be so good.

lots of love to all

Gill

xxx

My gig report from Doncaster last night ...

I will echo sariflor's comments. It was such a good show! We spoke to Mika briefly afterwards, got some stuff signed - the shows are just coming along in leaps and bounds, you can see how they have changed (I hesitate to say "improved", because that will give the wrong impression of what I actually mean) since February this year ... the earlier shows were fab, but they are now adding more bits and pieces.

Plus I have never seen Martin so animated! We did wonder if he'd had too much fizzy pop before coming on :wink2:

Such a good show - I think some of the intimacy from the earlier gigs has of course been lost - only to be expected as they start playing in bigger venues - but the performance is getting more and more polished. And as always, it was lovely to meet up with boardies who I haven't seen for a long time - my lovely friend Andi and Ali, Jodie, Freddie (who must have been boiling in his Santa suit!!!), and to meet Ruth, Bab, Sarah and anyone else I met last night and have now forgotten the name of (it's my age!:wink2: )

I will leave it to others to fill in the details, but I just wanted to show my face again (some of you know me from when I joined, when this board first started in January) but I don't get on here much any more for various reasons.

but I keep in touch with folks and still love Mika! so that's what counts. Enjoy the gigs, any of you still with gigs to come - ahh, Newcastle tomorrow - that's going to be so good.

lots of love to all

Gill

xxx

Oh thank you for that Angelic! - Never had the pleasure of reading/commenting back on any of your posts. (I've been a member since Jan 2007, too but I was quite shy back then) Glad you decided to "pop in" and provide us some details. It's great you had fun! :biggrin2: