Mika @ Carling Academy Brixton, London: MFC REVIEWS!

dcdeb

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pooh!

tell us more!

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

(i was supposed to be in bed, but as i'm waiting for that reply for mary.....:wink2: )

the show has changed alot since somerset house

when we were in the queue to go in a few people ran down to meet mika, they came back and said he had a cold, we queued for 3 hours and were frozen by the time we got in.

we had seats this time and got to the front of the circle and right next to the spotlight, so we had a perfect view.........

I don't mind if his performance isn't 100% due to illness etc I prefer the atmosphere to be 100% and that comes from his charisma as much as anything, and I hope can stay well enough to finish his tour, I am seeing him in Hammersmith tomorrow(well today technically) and I don't think he will meet anyone after the show if he is poorly still or has places to go, it IS is home town so I guess he might just wanna go home to bed to snuggle up with his hot water bottle (or maybe partheeeeey all night long lol).

I got a little something for him but I dont know how I will get it to him, oh well I'm sure yet another fan gift wont hurt him too much to miss lol.

this was the first time i've seen the female singer (sorry i can't remember her name). i thought she was great and she and mika worked well together.

it was the best i have heard holy johnny and the first time i heard hmdylm (i can't wait for the next album) :punk:

gary lost his voice during missionary man :roftl:

i think mika left to get some rest he hardly had any voice at the end.

but it was a great show and was worth freezing my toes off :biggrin2:

hello :thumb_yello:

i got in about 10 minutes ago

this was the best gig i have seen :punk:

:yay: pooh! I'm so glad for you!

can you hear little penguin nails typing fast? :roftl: :roftl:

I think I can, yes indeed! :thumb_yello: C'mon Rose!

I'm home . . . . .

Was waiting for you! Spill the beans... how was it?! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

quick report... mika got the year in cartoon motion book, they managed to give it to him before the show, but he couldnt speak (just said thanx) and didn't stay long. sivan has it on video.

we queued for hours in the cold, wind and rain (luckily it wasn't raining all the time), i'll be really happy to get into my warm bed now! :bleh:

the show itself, well, sivan and me agreed that it was the worst we've seen so far. of course it was great l ike all mika shows, but you could see and hear that he didn't feel well and that he wanted to get through it all quickly.

he made aurelien really happy though, when he came on stage again for a short moment between grace kelly and lollipop, he shook aureliens hand. :wink2:

meeting didn't really take place. he signed 1 or 2 autographs for those who were right at the front, waved to everyone and then got into the van.

but we met cherisse, she was really sweet as always.

and of course it was great meeting all the MFCers, yesterday and today... there are so many here! :biggrin2: and everyone is so nice, i love all you guys!! :wub2:

Wasnt that fussed about yelle so ventured nto auditorium when she had finished. Found a spot to right - Mickey side - prob about 10 people back - but good views as had sloping floor and room to dance...

Carrie,

Waht time did you queue from to get 10 rows back?

There have been reports of people queuing from 9am this morning!!!! :blink:

snuck to fonrt / side and managed to get the security guy to poke Sara bo peep and Rak the penguin so I could wave - I was looking for Suzy as I had her t shirt but she was further in the centre at the front.

Went back to our spot and saw Lorna so had a natter about her oipera course etc...

so off it all went - dolly p etc... the balloon - I did have to giggle at all the people who screamed and then went silent when it was the Man !!

He seemed less energetic till later on - maybe thr sudafed and lemsipos then kicked in - but def less audience work and particicaptioon than Glasgow.

Voice def a problem during the key board songs - seemed igher than usual - but maybe thats my old ears!!

No relax encore but the skelly came to the front toi see the auduence.

Oh yes Billy B was in audience but not on stage

I new big girl who did hand flips

same lollipop girls - Lorna and I think Pixie and nugget from the Big Girls shoot ...

turned up at 8pm and went into auditorium about 8.45!!

Crickey! That's so late!

I'm travelling down from the nosrth so can't decide how early I should get there!

Don't want to end up in a bad spot but don't wanna queue for 10 hours!

Oh, what to do! :boxed:

then it was oll over.

went outsied with the other MFCers and Jemma taught us the new MFC song - I think I may have to video it tomorrow!!

saw Andy tyhe camera man - security were a bit iffy - ie heads stsuck up own arses. He came he smiled, he got in the car he went - $some daft tarts were trying to hang onto car - what is this Take That!!!

Had a quick chat with Cherrissse and then headed home - only ter elaise I had left my keys in doors so had to wake hubby to let me in - oops!!