MIKA in Chicago, IL - House of Blues

dcdeb

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wait.... i thought tickets were on sale the 15th? :boxed: What's going on here?!!!

Also qucik question: Does ANYONE live remotely close to south holland, IL? I only live 25 mins south of chicago but have no way of getting there, no car to get to a train station (thats only 10 mins away!) or anything! It is killing ME! It would be so absolutely lovely to go!

you know the link to the HOB well, there's a link on that page MEMBERSHIP... you have to become a member in order to get the presale dibs...which were today:thumb_yello: So, there's still time :) Also, ticketmaster has a presale tomorrow

*sigh* Ok. I will probably buy the tickets tommorow and work out a way there later. If i dont get them by tommorow, they still probably wont be sold out, Right? AH! This is too much!

Yes, definitely buy the tickets first and then figure out a way to go later. Wouldn't you just hate it if you found a way to get there and then couldn't get a ticket?

Also, I am coming from Wisconsin so I can't help you out either. Keep asking though, you never know...

I think we should all try to figure out a way for us to recognize each other. Too often some fans get left out and I think it would be neat to meet all of you. :) Though I will certainly let you all know how to recognize me!

I want glowing hearts, too, so I will have to check into getting one!

I agree about stressing over tickets. Buying concert tickets is one of the most nerve-racking things to do!

Yeah we should come up with something to recognize us by. We don't want to be left out not knowing who everyone is!!! I'm sure it would'nt really be hard to recognize us. Just look for two people exactly the same, oh and the fact that we'll be acting like chickens with their heads cut off!

We have mentioned for anyone if is ordering rosettes and flashing hearts that can you please order 2 more of each one and we'll be willing to pay you for them generously. We don't have credit cards and we're sure our mom is up to here with us talking about Mika. We wanted to wear rosettes and flashing hearts to the concert. Our cousin would probably be FREAKED out that we are wearing those and the fact that we'll be screaming all the way there.

wait.... i thought tickets were on sale the 15th? :boxed: What's going on here?!!!

Oh my, we are here to help. Pre sale tickets went out today at 10:00 a.m. In order to qualify for the pre sale tickets you have to be a member of HOB and register online. It is free, thank god. Here is the link:

http://store.hob.com/eventdetail.aspx?event_id=49915

Hope it helps!

Also qucik question: Does ANYONE live remotely close to south holland, IL? I only live 25 mins south of chicago but have no way of getting there, no car to get to a train station (thats only 10 mins away!) or anything! It is killing ME! It would be so absolutely lovely to go!

Hmmm, we'll have to check our geography. Have you ever heard of Vandalia, IL? Or are you more up north or in the opposite direction. OH, we are awful with maps. We'll get back to you. mandilambi, you'll probably be driving right past our hometown.

Love Love:wub2: :wub2:

Meyer Twins

Hmmm, we'll have to check our geography. Have you ever heard of Vandalia, IL? Or are you more up north or in the opposite direction. OH, we are awful with maps. We'll get back to you. mandilambi, you'll probably be driving right past our hometown.

Meyer Twins

haha, ok, i have heard of vandalia, but im terrible with directions.

I doubt they would sell out..

Does any one know how many the venue seats (or stands)? I was looking at the HOB site and trying to figure out how big the place is. It seems like the largest room there had a capacity of only 1000. Am I not looking in the right place?

Megan and Haley, if I order some, I will let you know, if you want. I need to go figure out the conversion rate to see how much these hearts really are in US $.

I'm going to Chicago for Xmas so I may do a test drive by of the HOB so I don't get completely lost.

Meyer Twins: that's funny! I'll have to wave at you guys when I drive by since I am going there the day before the show (I think)..

I am not sure how many the HOB will hold...I have heard it's a really great venue though and it will be general admission. A friend of mine went to a see a show there recently and he said that they were really strict about cameras when people went in, but once he got in they didn't try to take his camera away. So I guess the best bet for us is to be careful and to sneak one in.

Candboys, great idea of testing out the drive to the venue beforehand!

*gasp*

What am I doing in this thread?! No, I can't I can't I can't possibly

even think of it! :no:

But... mandilambi put this idea into my head...

Oooh, I'm in such trouble! I can't do it! I just can't! :blink:

dcdeb

Meyer Twins: that's funny! I'll have to wave at you guys when I drive by since I am going there the day before the show (I think)..

I am not sure how many the HOB will hold...I have heard it's a really great venue though and it will be general admission. A friend of mine went to a see a show there recently and he said that they were really strict about cameras when people went in, but once he got in they didn't try to take his camera away. So I guess the best bet for us is to be careful and to sneak one in.

Candboys, great idea of testing out the drive to the venue beforehand!

Haha. We will be sure to wave back. We are like an hour from St. Louis and it depends on where you are from. It took us 6 or so hours just to get to Branson this Thanksgiving. We are originally from Ramsey/Bingham which are very very small towns. HOBs venue would hold all of Ramsey: population:1000

Vandalia is only 20 miles from Ramsey and we moved here after our parents' divorce.:blink::shocked:

As for cameras, the girl that emailed us about them seemed very strick and cameras were definitely not allowed in the venue. What are they going to do, take them away from us and slap our hands, no way. What about camera phones? I bet they would throw us out if we even thought about bringing our Video Camera. haha. I am still bringing our digital camera though.

Candboys, if you decide to order them, pm us and we'll work something out.:thumb_yello:

All of us are freakishly packed full of information. We all probably know more than Mika!

Love Love:wub2:

Meyer Twins

Are you familiar with the city Columbia? That's basically where I live, as I am going to college here. I feel like I have heard of Vandalia, but I don't recall actually having been there!

Yeah, I think that generally these days security guards are not as mean about cameras, as long as they are digital. At the last Mika concert, they were pretty cool about having cameras, so hopefully we will have luck at this show too!

Are you familiar with the city Columbia? That's basically where I live, as I am going to college here. I feel like I have heard of Vandalia, but I don't recall actually having been there!

Yeah, I think that generally these days security guards are not as mean about cameras, as long as they are digital. At the last Mika concert, they were pretty cool about having cameras, so hopefully we will have luck at this show too!

Yeah, they were, we were standing right next to them. That's why I couldn't believe people had so much trouble in D.C.

On another note, I'm thinking about buying a ticket, just in case. They're not that expensive and I have feeling if I don't get one, for some reason, I won't have a game or something and will be able to go...like the time in June. I didn't think I was able to go then and I did...

We have definitely heard of Columbia MO. At first we thought you meant in IL. I don't know or remember ever visiting there but I am probably sure we have went through there numerous times. Very few know Vandalia. It is the old state capitol of Illinois and we live almost right by the state capital white house. That is a tid bit of history for you all tonight. haha.

Meyer Twins

I'm coming!!!!!!!

It turned out that I can't go to the concert in NYC cause I have an audition at Penn State the same day but I have to come to Chicago to check out a school there and my semester at UofD doesn't start to the 12th so yay!!!!!!!

Just bought my tickets!

Ah! So excited!!!!

I'm coming!!!!!!!

It turned out that I can't go to the concert in NYC cause I have an audition at Penn State the same day but I have to come to Chicago to check out a school there and my semester at UofD doesn't start to the 12th so yay!!!!!!!

Just bought my tickets!

Ah! So excited!!!!

Wow! Great for you! We will probably see you there.

Meyer Twins

YEAAHH!

we're going to have a blast on Feb. 5th!

I'm not good at keeping track of everyone's name, but someone said they lived too far from the train station--- why not take a cab there from your house? Or hire a neighbor to drive you? You have 56 days to plan it.

I think it was Megan & Haley who wanted rosettes- so sorry, I already ordered some & afterward I was thinking, I could probably make those myself!

You could try to make some, go to fabric store for blue ribbon...

Leona

I'm coming!!!!!!!

Just bought my tickets!

Ah! So excited!!!!

Awwww, we get to bump into eachother twice now:thumb_yello: What school are you checking out?