Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

one project a year would be cool...the huge yearbook...

but I still think we should do something really creative...not computer tech...like the birthday project

so maybe 2 a year:thumb_yello:

haha, i can imagine this huge tome of a year book, so big it is split into A to M and N to Z

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been some interesting comments posted here so far. I think you need to think of yourself in the same situation and think of how you would feel to be getting projects and handmade items from your fans every couple of months. Wouldn't it make you feel wanted and loved?

And how would you feel if your fans NEVER gave you anything? Or maybe gave you one thing and then never again....would you feel unpopular and not as loved by your fans?

After all, it is the fans like us that keep his music alive and make the record studios produce more of his music. It is the fans that enable him to do tour after sucessful tour.

If I were in his position, I would be honored and flattered that all these beautiful people feel compelled to give me gifts.

It does not bother me if he does not keep everything he gets. He would have so much stuff, it would be impossible to keep every last bit of fan mail, gifts etc. He has probably thrown a lot of stuff away. BUT he would at least look at it first, feel appreciated and a little bit special and THEN throw it away :)

I do not endorse a fan project every week, but maybe something smallish every couple of months is ok. On his birthday, save the most special projects for this time.

After all, he gives us the gift of music. We're giving the gift of love..

yeah ofcourse keep making projects! he looooves them :) but a bit less...every few months will be cool

lol the thought of mika throwing something away is just:shocked: I'm trying to picture it, and I just can't. For me, putting myself in that situation... I couldn't just throw a letter away, even if I had already read it and appreciated it. I mean that's someone's heart and soul... Obviously the practical thing would be to throw it away, but we've already established that mika is definatley not practical and honestly if he started to just throw his gifts out...than it would be a bit diva-ish and therefore not really him. I just can't see him doing that.

Maybe his maid does, lol. I can't imagine him doing that either, but who knows! :mf_rosetinted:

Past

Scrapbook (Letters) April

Birthday Project (Cards) August

Relax! Project (Letters) August

Quilt November

Christmas Project (Audio CD) December

Yearbook December

Current

Valentine's Project (Letters) February

Appreciation DVD (Video) February

Apple Pose Book (Photos) ???

So, I think that's it, with the format and months they were delivered. It's not really that heavy on the letters, honestly. It's nothing that he can't get through in a few days each. I think it's fine. As long as Mika isn't complaining, which I don't think he would ever have a reason to.

As far as making him immune to the wonder of the projects (:naughty:), I can understand how that could happen, but as long as they're not all the same. I could understand how book after book of letters would get annoying and tedious for various reasons, but there seems to be a nice variety going on, at least. I don't think that we should all decrease the number of projects just to get a reaction out of him because he will appreciate them more, because we're not about doing things for him so that he will write MySpace blogs about us or publicly display what we make him. We're a fan club and about showing our appreciation. Do I think we should overdo it and give him a project every time we see him? No, but I just don't think that they are that big of a problem.

lol the thought of mika throwing something away is just:shocked: I'm trying to picture it, and I just can't. For me, putting myself in that situation... I couldn't just throw a letter away, even if I had already read it and appreciated it. I mean that's someone's heart and soul... Obviously the practical thing would be to throw it away, but we've already established that mika is definatley not practical and honestly if he started to just throw his gifts out...than it would be a bit diva-ish and therefore not really him. I just can't see him doing that.

i dont think he throw stuff away.....

well I have no idea how the Christmas project fared after MIKA received it so I can't say anything .... I am involved in the Valentines project as I am the delivery person and I am looking forward to that. I suppose we will see what happens after that.

haha, i can imagine this huge tome of a year book, so big it is split into A to M and N to Z

lol the scary thing is, I can see that happening:roftl: I mean 100 fans particpated (about) actually probably less and we ended up with an inch and a half thick book... next year it could be double:shocked:

Past

Quilt November

Yearbook December

Current

So, I think that's it, with the format and months they were delivered. It's not really that heavy on the letters, honestly. It's nothing that he can't get through in a few days each. I think it's fine. As long as Mika isn't complaining, which I don't think he would ever have a reason to.

As far as making him immune to the wonder of the projects (:naughty:), I can understand how that could happen, but as long as they're not all the same. I could understand how book after book of letters would get annoying and tedious for various reasons, but there seems to be a nice variety going on, at least. I don't think that we should all decrease the number of projects just to get a reaction out of him because he will appreciate them more, because we're not about doing things for him so that he will write MySpace blogs about us or publicly display what we make him. We're a fan club and about showing our appreciation. Do I think we should overdo it and give him a project every time we see him? No, but I just don't think that they are that big of a problem.

i think there were more ;)

yeah, i know when nice famous people get desperate they donate the stuffed animals and such to charities to be auctioned for fundraising money.

hmm, i can't truthfully use the poll, i dont think the more the merrier, but certainly quality over quantity, but i dont think anything has been not of quality yet

I honestly don't think that he just puts all of the stuff he gets in a giant pile in his flat.

I don't think he does either. I think he has to give a lot of it away or throw it out. If not yet, he soon will. Seriously, unless he does pile all this stuff up to the ceiling it's going to be physically impossible to keep it in his home after another year or two.

I think that projects are a lot more efficient than a bunch of people giving him stuff individually.

It is, but the projects don't stop people from giving him things individually. As Sivan mentioned when Mika didn't arrive at the Hammersmith all the gifts were unloaded onto his manager. When Suzy and I approached Mikey and Martin before the gig they totally blew us off and practically ran in the other direction because they didn't want to get saddled with it or even talk to us about it.

The problem is if Suzy didn't harass everyone that had any contact with Mika that day he wouldn't have received the book. This is what it's come to when you've got dozens or even hundreds of people counting on Mika receiving something at a given time and place. And everyone wants to make sure it's videotaped and photographed and that Mika has some kind of great reaction to it after all that effort.

These projects are very nice in theory, but it's just not feasible to keep giving them to him every month or two. If you don't agree, then try going to his next arena tour in Europe with all of MFC's hopes riding on you and see what happens. It's going to get more difficult as time goes by and while you're right that Mika has nothing to complain about surely you can see that the 20th project he receives is not going to be anywhere near as special as the first.

I think that less is more in this case.

Past

Quilt November

Yearbook December

Current

Good points, Hannah.

I don't think he does either. I think he has to give a lot of it away or throw it out. If not yet, he soon will. Seriously, unless he does pile all this stuff up to the ceiling it's going to be physically impossible to keep it in his home after another year or two.

It is, but the projects don't stop people from giving him things individually. As Sivan mentioned when Mika didn't arrive at the Hammersmith all the gifts were unloaded onto his manager. When Suzy and I approached Mikey and Martin before the gig they totally blew us off and practically ran in the other direction because they didn't want to get saddled with it or even talk to us about it.

The problem is if Suzy didn't harass everyone that had any contact with Mika that day he wouldn't have received the book. This is what it's come to when you've got dozens or even hundreds of people counting on Mika receiving something at a given time and place. And everyone wants to make sure it's videotaped and photographed and that Mika has some kind of great reaction to it after all that effort.

These projects are very nice in theory, but it's just not feasible to keep giving them to him every month or two. If you don't agree, then try going to his next arena tour in Europe with all of MFC's hopes riding on you and see what happens. It's going to get more difficult as time goes by and while you're right that Mika has nothing to complain about surely you can see that the 20th project he receives is not going to be anywhere near as special as the first.

I think that less is more in this case.

yeah i cant forget martin and mikey reaction... poor them... lol:blink:

Mmmmmm

Touchy subject ;)

Just wanted to say that I can agree with both sides. What I regret is not the number of projects, but the fact that some of them seem to be more a matter of attention-seeking than real gifts.

If we give Mika gifts, let's make it for the pleasure of giving him something and not in the hope he recognizes us/talks to us/ sees our face on a pic...

I know this is blunt, but i needed to say it ;) Sorry :blush-anim-cl:

there are some groups yet that havn't had a tour from mika yet and been able to show their appreciation via a project-like thing at all im talking about the aussies in particular, however we discussed the fact that he is probably getting an incredible amount of books and have taken that into consideration

Excellent point armande... The Aussies are planning ondoing a group project, rather than just individual presents...

I can't either... I just have to horde stuff...

My room is full of junk... and I have about a dozen large boxes of stuff in the shed, and in my niece's room too! :blink:

Well... my personal feeling is to keep the projects... but I think some are slightly pointless and are being done for the sake of doing a project (I think there was talk about people making an award for Mika after he lost to Avril)... I think he might get to the stage that he doesn't appreciate it, just thinks that its more crap he has to store...

Basically, I think we can keep doing projects, but make sure they're not pointless... and if it's practical its even better!

Mmmmmm

Touchy subject ;)

Just wanted to say that I can agree with both sides. What I regret is not the number of projects, but the fact that some of them seem to be more a matter of attention-seeking than real gifts.

If we give Mika gifts, let's make it for the pleasure of giving him something and not in the hope he recognizes us/talks to us/ sees our face on a pic...

yes NIKI, you have a point...thank you for opening my eyes.

I feel humble...

Mmmmmm

Touchy subject ;)

Of course I agree... but I also hope that our yearbook has nothing to do with this assumption of "attention seeking.".. Atleast I really hope that no one feels that way. Sorry, but that book is my baby lol and I don't expect mika to do a thing to recognize our efforts. However, I am content knowing his reaction of course:blush-anim-cl: :mf_rosetinted:

Do you all think the gifts thing is more of a European tradition though? I am wondering if it will be as a big of a deal here. It certainly wasn't the last tour, but things will be different for this one, I'm sure.

HEY! the first project was in the USA! dont forget ;)

Of course I agree... but I also hope that our yearbook has nothing to do with this assumption of "attention seeking.".. Atleast I really hope that no one feels that way. Sorry, but that book is my baby lol and I don't expect mika to do a thing to recognize our efforts. However, I am content knowing his reaction of course:blush-anim-cl: :mf_rosetinted:

he probably would have screamed if he could ;)

Hmmm I see it from both sides too, so maybe that means there isn't really an answer to it.

It's ok for those who have been lucky enough to have given him lots of gifts to say calm it guys, but yeah those who haven't had the chance WANT their chance. (I mean I was ecstatic when I was right there in the front row to witness Mika had put the quilt that we made him on the drum stand), But I DO also think it might be a good idea to just do some big project gesture thing maybe Christmas and his birthday.

I am sure some people will STILL give him gifts personally anyway so I don't think he will miss out in that way, but I wouldn't want the whole thing to become more of a chore for him to HAVE to make himself available to accept them than the pleasure it SHOULD be and HAS been so far.

I know he always seems so genuinely pleased to receive gifts and that is part of what has compelled us to want to give him more, we want him to KNOW how much we think of him and KNOW how much we care about him and even though it's really rather impossible, we want Mika to KNOW us, and of course the poor guy can't know every single fan, and as Sivan says, it could end up that the more we give him the less it may mean to him, now we wouldn't want to turn Mika into a spoilt brat now would we :naughty::naughty: dont think his mum would allow that to happen lol.

Ahhh I know he is just great and I feel just the same way as I mentioned up there too (but I got my sensible head on now lol).

i think there were more ;)

there was the official fan club petition(not for mika personally)

the aussies are cooking up something at the moment

and the mfc anthem (not for mika personally either)

hmm, i can't think of anymore

i agree with your last part NC

Ahah no I wasnt talking about the yearbook. I'm just afraid that as time goes by some of the projects seem to be more fans-oriented than Mika-oriented... Your book was great ;)