Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

:blush-anim-cl: ok didnt mean to yell at anyone... well not STOP but maybe calm it down a bit?

the poor guy getting sooooo many things! i mean its very nice! but he probably sit in his house now with 100000000000 things around him and dont know where to start :naughty: he will need to buy a new house soon for everything he gets...

i know we ALL love him...i feel like making 10000 cards for him...and send him toys! and write 10000 letters.... but im stopping myself ...

im sure a lot of you saw john, mika manager at the canceled concert in london... he had so much to carry for mika! lol

i dunno.. i just think its a bit to much... dont u guys? :blink:

btw... some of u might convince me otherwise... but this is how i feel right now...

i dont want this to get into an argument...just to see how u all feel about this... and what your opinions :)

EDIT: ok i guess some people didnt understand me...

im not saying STOP with projects... and who ever is making one right now im sure mika will love it!

and if you feel like making something for him DO IT!

it was just a thought i had... thinking maybe Mika will eppreciate it more if he gets less... no one have to listen to me... its JUST a thought.... i have NOTHING against ANYONE here or against any projects or gifts,... im the LAST person to say "dont make gifts for Mika". so if u have something in your mind... and feel like giving Mika something, PLEASE do... i know its a wonderfull feeling.

and im pretty sure that if Mika is reading this now he is like "SIVAN! SHUT UP! I WANT MORE GIFTS!" ;)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blush-anim-cl: ok didnt mean to yell at anyone...

but i hope no one plans to make any more projects for Mika.... :blink::boxed:

the poor guy getting sooooo many things! i mean its very nice! but he probably sit in his house now with 100000000000 things around him and dont know where to start :naughty: he will need to buy a new house soon for everything he gets...

i know we ALL love him...i feel like making 10000 cards for him...and send him toys! and write 10000 letters.... but i wont....

im sure a lot of you saw john, mika manager at the canceled concert in london... he had so much to carry for mika! lol

i dunno.. i just think its a bit to much... dont u guys? :blink:

Na, it's the holidays...the spirit of giving wins! Well I'm not getting rid of my yearbooks that's for sure:sneaky2: I wonder where he puts everything, but no matter...I'm sure he loves everything and makes room :)

lol. yeah.. this is his first album and he has a lot of gifts!! Of course that makes him very happy, but maybe it's a good idea if you stop :thumb_yello:

With the next album you can make more books and stuff! :punk:

I bet he has a room full of gifts, letters...

Na, it's the holidays...the spirit of giving wins! Well I'm not getting rid of my yearbooks that's for sure:sneaky2: I wonder where he puts everything, but no matter...I'm sure he loves everything and makes room :)

yeah the year book was great....

but u know what i mean... i think mika wont epreciate the projects as much...soon....

there are some groups yet that havn't had a tour from mika yet and been able to show their appreciation via a project-like thing at all im talking about the aussies in particular, however we discussed the fact that he is probably getting an incredible amount of books and have taken that into consideration

I think we should just limit them, like give him something for each holiday. Or maybe to a project every couple of months or so (maybe more then a couple) Something like that, and maybe we could think of something other then a book? I know it's probably the easiest thing, but we need to get more creative! And not so many messages to him, imagine if you had a zillion messages to read? :naughty:

I think we should just limit them, like give him something for each holiday. Or maybe to a project every couple of months or so (maybe more then a couple) Something like that, and maybe we could think of something other then a book? I know it's probably the easiest thing, but we need to get more creative! And not so many messages to him, imagine if you had a zillion messages to read? :naughty:

yep.... ok i think i need to edit my post....

I don't think there's a problem, personally. :blink: Sure, there are a lot of projects here, but not all of them are for Mika, and what's wrong with giving him stuff? I'm sure he doesn't mind. I honestly don't think that he just puts all of the stuff he gets in a giant pile in his flat. I'm sure he appreciates it, and plus, who doesn't like getting gifts? I think that projects are a lot more efficient than a bunch of people giving him stuff individually. At least this way, it's all collected together in an organised manner and he can flip through it or look at it or whatever when he pleases.

I really don't think it's an issue, to be honest. It's just fans showing their appreciation. It gives some fans that can't see him all the time a chance to let themselves be known and contact him in some way. I think the projects are a positive thing. I know that I, personally, really felt a sense of "togetherness" when I was working on the Christmas Project with the people on the board. It was nice. I hardly think that Mika would have a reason to complain about people giving him gifts and writing him letters. If I were him, I think I'd enjoy reading letters from fans. He may get a lot and way more than he can read at once, but who says he has to read them all now? He has years to get through them. :blink:

there are some groups yet that havn't had a tour from mika yet and been able to show their appreciation via a project-like thing at allim talking about the aussies in particular

yeah, I agree. Sometimes the projects serve as a person's only means of communicating with the big M...like fans from Argentina or Mexico who havn't been able to see him...

It can get redundant, but I don't think mika will ever say "stop sending me stuff." I think mainly it's the people on here who are annoyed...not me though...If I don't want to participate, than I won't. I'm honestly done with working hard for him this year:mf_rosetinted: but I'm doin it all over again for 2008:mf_lustslow:

there are some groups yet that havn't had a tour from mika yet and been able to show their appreciation via a project-like thing at all im talking about the aussies in particular, however we discussed the fact that he is probably getting an incredible amount of books and have taken that into consideration

I agree with both sides. I really do wonder where the poor boy is going to put all the stuff he gets given and think we should stop, but do feel it's a little bit unfair for people who've already given stuff to suddenly be saying that those of us who haven't had the opportunity to yet shouldn't be able to. It's a bit of a quandry, no?

I don't think there's a problem, personally. :blink: Sure, there are a lot of projects here, but not all of them are for Mika, and what's wrong with giving him stuff? I'm sure he doesn't mind. I honestly don't think that he just puts all of the stuff he gets in a giant pile in his flat. I'm sure he appreciates it, and plus, who doesn't like getting gifts? I think that projects are a lot more efficient than a bunch of people giving him stuff individually. At least this way, it's all collected together in an organised manner and he can flip through it or look at it or whatever when he pleases.

I really don't think it's an issue, to be honest. It's just fans showing their appreciation. It gives some fans that can't see him all the time a chance to let themselves be known and contact him in some way. I think the projects are a positive thing. I know that I, personally, really felt a sense of "togetherness" when I was working on the Christmas Project with the people on the board. It was nice. I hardly think that Mika would have a reason to complain about people giving him gifts and writing him letters. If I were him, I think I'd enjoy reading letters from fans. :blink:

yeah, have you seen how wonderfully he reacts when he gets a gift? He stands there smiling like a kid on christmas...either holding a stuffed animal, giggling over it...flipping through it...he's very into the details... I don't think he's practical about all the things he puts into his flat either... I mean the man owns a puppet theater:roftl:

As you already know, I totally agree on this.

I think an annual yearbook thing that is bound and easy to store is sufficient. Mika is already getting individual gifts by the truckload and doesn't need more massive projects.

If it's not consumable, wearable or disposable it's going to be overwhelming soon if it's not already. He lives in a London flat, not a Hollywood mansion, and can't keep all this stuff forever.

I also think the pressure involved both in giving the projects and Mika receiving them has begun to defeat the purpose. There was a note of obligation evident in his thank you to MFC for the birthday gift and he shouldn't have to feel obligated to accept things from anyone. Suzy, for example, also felt pressured to get him his gift under particular circumstances and others were extremely disappointed when they weren't as successful.

If we focus all our efforts on one annual project it will mean that everyone can participate because they won't be confused about what project is happening when. It will probably be a lot easier to set up a meeting with Mika rather than having to hunt him down and hope for the best every month or two.

I really don't think it's an issue, to be honest. It's just fans showing their appreciation. It gives some fans that can't see him all the time a chance to let themselves be known and contact him in some way. I think the projects are a positive thing. I know that I, personally, really felt a sense of "togetherness" when I was working on the Christmas Project with the people on the board. It was nice. I hardly think that Mika would have a reason to complain about people giving him gifts and writing him letters. If I were him, I think I'd enjoy reading letters from fans. He may get a lot and way more than he can read at once, but who says he has to read them all now? He has years to get through them. :blink:

i see nothing wrong with it allso..... i think we should make him these things... but maybe a bit less... thats all...

yeah, I agree. Sometimes the projects serve as a person's only means of communicating with the big M...like fans from Argentina or Mexico who havn't been able to see him...

It can get redundant, but I don't think mika will ever say "stop sending me stuff." I think mainly it's the people on here who are annoyed...not me though...If I don't want to participate, than I won't. I'm honestly done with working hard for him this year:mf_rosetinted: but I'm doin it all over again for 2008:mf_lustslow:

I agree with you.....totally! we, the people who haven't see him want to get noticed so he can know he has fans in mexico and argentina...we really want to show him our respect, admiration etc...so I don't think there's something wrong with iut

I haven't been in one of his concerts and I would like to participate in a year book or a new book... But until next year or when he releases his new album.

yeah, have you seen how wonderfully he reacts when he gets a gift? He stands there smiling like a kid on christmas...either holding a stuffed animal, giggling over it...flipping through it...he's very into the details... I don't think he's practical about all the things he puts into his flat either... I mean the man owns a puppet theater:roftl:

yes i think because of the way he usually react we all want to give him more and more... i totaly know what u mean... but i have a feeling he is less excited about these things now than he was few months ago...

and i think if he will get less, he will be happier when he do get something...

cause if he gets something every night at every concert its not THAT interesting anymore...

its like my little cousin! lol he gets so many gifts allways and he dont eppreciate it now...

yes i think because of the way he usually react we all want to give him more and more... i totaly know what u mean... but i have a feeling he is less excited about these things now than he was few months ago...

Well a few months ago I think he was shocked to have the response that he did from everyone... But I'm sure what we've done still touches his heart...it's just that now he expects us to love him no matter what and say lovely things about him in our letters and what not:blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao: That poll is kind of misleading... There needs to be an option for "projects are okay," or something, because the choices are basically either "stop," "slack off," or "let's start more projects!nownownow!" :naughty:

is it better now?

There has been some interesting comments posted here so far. I think you need to think of yourself in the same situation and think of how you would feel to be getting projects and handmade items from your fans every couple of months. Wouldn't it make you feel wanted and loved?

And how would you feel if your fans NEVER gave you anything? Or maybe gave you one thing and then never again....would you feel unpopular and not as loved by your fans?

After all, it is the fans like us that keep his music alive and make the record studios produce more of his music. It is the fans that enable him to do tour after sucessful tour.

If I were in his position, I would be honored and flattered that all these beautiful people feel compelled to give me gifts.

It does not bother me if he does not keep everything he gets. He would have so much stuff, it would be impossible to keep every last bit of fan mail, gifts etc. He has probably thrown a lot of stuff away. BUT he would at least look at it first, feel appreciated and a little bit special and THEN throw it away :)

I do not endorse a fan project every week, but maybe something smallish every couple of months is ok. On his birthday, save the most special projects for this time.

After all, he gives us the gift of music. We're giving the gift of love..

I can understand why the suggestion has been made for people to give less, but I can also understand why some who haven't yet had the opportunity to see him might want to be included in giving him a gift.

I don't know how fair it is to say the gift-giving needs to stop when quite a few of us here have already had the opportunity to give him something (some of us it's been multiple times..)

lol the thought of mika throwing something away is just:shocked: I'm trying to picture it, and I just can't. For me, putting myself in that situation... I couldn't just throw a letter away, even if I had already read it and appreciated it. I mean that's someone's heart and soul... Obviously the practical thing would be to throw it away, but we've already established that mika is definatley not practical and honestly if he started to just throw his gifts out...than it would be a bit diva-ish and therefore not really him. I just can't see him doing that.