Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

I genuinely didn't mean to offend anyone. I used the scrapbook and the yearbook as examples.

Why does everything I say always seem to start a fight on here? I don't know if the internet can't fully express sarcasm/emotion, or if growing up where I did/with who I did has made me less sensitive than the next person.

The internet doesn't show sarcasm or emotion particularly well...

I don't know GITR... it might be the way people interpret what you write...

Or they expect you to start a fight and get on the defensive...

Fine.

All in all :biggrin2: I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings :biggrin2: and I'm sorry if I have. My entire point :biggrin2: was that I think we should :biggrin2: slow things down. But I have to get up early :biggrin2: tomorrow morning and go Christmas shopping :biggrin2: so goodnight everyone.

Sarcastic much?

I am a cynical old biatch

Yes you are Christine... and we forgive you for it! :naughty:

*hugs*

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The internet doesn't show sarcasm or emotion particularly well...

I don't know GITR... it might be the way people interpret what you write...

Or they expect you to start a fight and get on the defensive...

Pssh.:biggrin2:

Sarcastic much?

I promise, not sarcasm. I was trying to make it look as un-threatening as I could.

I'm sure Mika doesn't need a huge group present every few months... and access to Mika will be restricted... esp in Europe where he plays bigger venues...

yeah, let's no squabble. When Mika's popularity rises to that of a super-celeb we will not be able to get near him like some people do now, making the idea of gift giving/project making obsolete :mf_rosetinted:

oh and I'm still doing really great in school in case anyone was worried. It's just I have to be up long like on nights like these... so I'm really just stressed out and trying to keep up with the burden left behind from this project. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

Just don't let your studies suffer too much... it's important you know! :thumb_yello:

Yeah I agree.

It's like the Chat About Mika part of the forums is just filled with gift books and...gifts.

Not that it's terrible at all!His eyes hurt from reading.:roftl:

We should give him CARROTS!

Don't carrots help your eyes?

yeah, let's no squabble. When Mika's popularity rises to that of a super-celeb we will not be able to get near him like some people do now, making the idea of gift giving/project making obsolete :mf_rosetinted:

I agree! his is still a son to a caring mother....still someone's brother...

he really is still like all of us...he may become a super -celeb as you say...but strip that away...you still have MiKA that we all love ...still someone with the same needs and desires and ambitions as any of us...

Pssh.:biggrin2:

I promise, not sarcasm. I was trying to make it look as un-threatening as I could.

Why am I not surprised at your reply...

Oh, and it was non-threatening... I felt like I was being cuddled by a teddy bear... rather than a scary brown bear... :shocked:

YEAH!!! Let's start up a new project where we all make a carrot out of fabric and give it to him!

Just kidding.............:roftl:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Do it, do it!

Why am I not surprised at your reply...

Oh, and it was non-threatening... I felt like I was being cuddled by a teddy bear... rather than a scary brown bear... :shocked:

What was wrong with my reply? :tears:

and yay for teddy bears! I have a pastel rainbow one, and I won him out of a claw machine years ago. He sits on my dresser and holds my eyeliner bottle.

Just don't let your studies suffer too much... it's important you know! :thumb_yello:

I remind myself every single day... But I'm also editor of the opinion page of my newspaper lol can you tell? and I'm a member of the national honor society. Generally, I'm an involved kid and I've got way too much on my plate to handle at the moment. But it just has to get better. I promised I would focus now that the book is completed and I intend on doing that.

To Sarie: Hi:biggrin2: Honestly, I was hurt in the beginning but I'm ok now. All that matters is the evidence brought back by Christine, Suzy and Sivan. That's the only tangible evidence of course. So, don't compromise yourself and your opinions. Say what you feel, but keep in mind how others will react. I will continue to believe what I believe.

To Christine: That fact that you're so honest and gave me such a beautiful report makes me believe in this "foolish" heart of mine.

To Lollipop Monkey: I LOVE YOU!:wink2:

Now so I won't get yelled at our whatever I'll stick to the topic and say WHO'S JOINING OUR YEARBOOK STAFF?!:shocked: (joke: it's way too early for that)

No one wants to believe that a project they put effort into is unappreciated, or that Mika wiped his nose with it then immediately pitched it into the nearest garbage can.

I think that's why this whole discussion began. We should talk about slowing down all these projects to less than the 2007 pace so that it never gets to that point.

The gifts should be special and relatively rare or they will become devalued. We can wax poetic about how Mika would and could value anything and everything regardless of quantity but the laws of economics and human nature dictate otherwise.

Thank you for that. I don't find this an obligatory thank you, I really do think he was genuinely happy to receive his gift....maybe he was going OTT with how it is the best gift he's ever received, but in all the interviews I have seen, Mika is an extremely happy, giggly, fun loving guy. I have no doubt he is like this in real life and he really does appreciate the love and or gifts we send his way.

I have no doubt that Mika appreciated the gift and that his thank you was sincere. It's just obvious to me when he says something like "want you to know that in no way is it unnoticed or unappreciated" that he is doing it in part because he felt pressured by the backlash he had been receiving over the cancellations. If he hadn't been getting so much flak over not being available to accept the gift in the first place he wouldn't have phrased it that way. That line is more an apology than a thank you.

We should give him CARROTS!

Don't carrots help your eyes?

They help you see in the dark...

What was wrong with my reply? :tears:

and yay for teddy bears! I have a pastel rainbow one, and I won him out of a claw machine years ago. He sits on my dresser and holds my eyeliner bottle.

I don't know... it seemed a typical Sarie response to me!

Awwww... I want your teddy! Gorgeous and practical!

(though I completely suck at those claw machines... I wanna rainbow teddy! :tears:)

It's just obvious to me when he says something like "want you to know that in no way is it unnoticed or unappreciated" that he is doing it in part because he felt pressured by the backlash he had been receiving over the cancellations.

You make a valid point when you put it that way. It's like he was thinking of not writing anything but then the people who put the project together would think that it was a heap of junk and he hated it. I like you - you're mature and wise! Sometimes I feel so old here (I am 27) but I can now think of you and how you're 39 and not feel so alone :cool:

Poor old Mika. He just can't so anything right :roftl:

I remind myself every single day... But I'm also editor of the opinion page of my newspaper lol can you tell? and I'm a member of the national honor society. Generally, I'm an involved kid and I've got way too much on my plate to handle at the moment. But it just has to get better. I promised I would focus now that the book is completed and I intend on doing that.

I'm sure it will... time management would have to help... but don't ask me how cause I'm terrible at it. :mf_rosetinted:

They help you see in the dark...

Oh right!

I don't know... it seemed a typical Sarie response to me!

Awwww... I want your teddy! Gorgeous and practical!

(though I completely suck at those claw machines... I wanna rainbow teddy! :tears:)

I wasn't aware I had typical Sarie responses... how neat!

I'm actually really good at them. I win something more than half the time.

I wasn't aware I had typical Sarie responses... how neat!

I'm actually really good at them. I win something more than half the time.

Yep... It's good because people would know more or less straight away when someone lese is using your account..

*is jealous of Sarie's claw machine winning abilites*

Sometimes I feel so old here (I am 27) but I can now think of you and how you're 39 and not feel so alone :cool:

:roftl: Glad I could help. :wheelchair:

Poor old Mika. He just can't so anything right :roftl:

Well he's learning. A few months ago he was causing riots because we had no information about his cancellations which led to all kinds of speculation and jumping to conclusions.

A few days ago I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him personally apologize for not making the gig when a public statement would have sufficed.

Just when you think he's turned all pop star on you he goes above and beyond and you remember why you loved him so much in the beginning:wub2:

Well he's learning. A few months ago he was causing riots because we had no information about his cancellations which led to all kinds of speculation and jumping to conclusions.

A few days ago I couldn't believe my ears when I heard him personally apologize for not making the gig when a public statement would have sufficed.

Just when you think he's turned all pop star on you he goes above and beyond and you remember why you loved him so much in the beginning:wub2:

now we are talking here:) :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

the question is...why not?:mf_rosetinted:

in any case, this 2

dont stop but calm it down a bit...

Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

are quite similar, coz is possible to complete a few decent projects only in quite a long time, so I don't see the danger of continue to do what we do.

Maybe something has to be changed, but not stopped

LOL don't blame you there. :bleh:

I think he should write us a song for his next album.

*sings*

"Oh, those peeps at the MFC!

They always have some project for me!

A shirt and a book - what's next, a hat?

Soon I'll need a bigger flat!"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumb_yello:

Spot on.. He didn't have to answer to us.. the fact that he knew what we might've been thinking and decided to tell us a.s.a.p. rather than let us go anal and make up our own stories is very sweet of him.. damn it! :naughty: