Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's so funny... I've been talking about this exact same subject with someone a few days ago... I do think it's all too much with the project... Not in any way I'm saying we should stop them, but it's a bit much at the moment. Mika got so many projects at the same time these last few weeks...

I dunno, I really think it would be best to spread them over a year, and not make 6 of them at the same time.

these are my 2 cents.

1. MFC projects.

- i like them...they let ppl far away from mika express their love for him.

- one can choose whether joining the project or not

- each time different ppl join and this is good cause newbies register every day

- they are always amazing art works and i'm sure mika appreciates them and all the work which stays behind

- i think some projects a year would no affect mika's enthousiasm in receiving them

- we cannot compare how he reacted to the first scrapbook to how he's reacting now (including when he's totally random because of true illness)

- i don't mind if ppl use the project just to reach him for a few seconds...we are fans and we like being in his presence even for a little while, hiding it is useless

- MFC projects keep MFCers together, they are useful to make us a fan club which pursues goals and aims in mika's name

2. Personal projects

- i have had real, strong, renewed ART ATTACKS since i've heard of mika and his colourful world. i am and artistic person, i love doing things with my hands and every day i have new ideas and inspirations that takes to the making of new gifts for mika. I cannot stop this flow and i think that i'll be doing them as long as my inspiration lasts.

- i think mika has got a place where he keeps all our gifts, i do not think he consider them much, but has a sort of respect for all the work and love we employ in making them.

-many more fans outside MFC are giving him presents, all over the world. If also we would stop giving our presents to him, his place will be full of things anyway, maybe our gifts are only a very small part.

pls, take all this as a personal point of view...i'm not saying i'm right....

what i think is that all our mfc or personal gifts are extremely respectful, the most respectful things mika can receive from fans.

There are ppl stalking him out there...our respect for him as a person and for his privacy is TOTAL, and our gifts are only an expression of all the love and respect we have for him. i think he understands it all and tries to show it, even when he's not well. We take just a few seconds of his life!

so probably i'll join only a few MFC projects this new year. This is due partly to lack of spare time and partly because i think i'm not going to have my name displayed everywhere!!!

And of course...one project a month will be def TOOOOO much!

So pls...keep it calm and respectful...

We should talk about slowing down all these projects to less than the 2007 pace so that it never gets to that point.

The gifts should be special and relatively rare or they will become devalued. We can wax poetic about how Mika would and could value anything and everything regardless of quantity but the laws of economics and human nature dictate otherwise.

Reading this thread with interest...slightly detached interest I admit because the only project I've been involved with (other than the petition) was Sivan's Scrapbook...feels like years ago now :naughty: ...but I've always been really genuinely impressed when I've seen the pictures of all the subsequent projects, and I'm sure Mika has been impressed and delighted with them too.

I actually gasped out loud when I saw the cover of the Yearbook - it was beautiful!

BUT what Christine says (above) is true. One, or at most two, projects per year really is enough, in my opinion, from now on, for the reason Christine gives and also from a purely practical viewpoint for all concerned, including Mika himself.

How about a birthday project in August and then a Yearbook in December? And that's it. No jewellry, toys, clothes or carrots:roftl: in the meantime, at all. Just my suggestion.

Reading this thread with interest...slightly detached interest I admit because the only project I've been involved with (other than the petition) was Sivan's Scrapbook...feels like years ago now :naughty: ...but I've always been really genuinely impressed when I've seen the pictures of all the subsequent projects, and I'm sure Mika has been impressed and delighted with them too.

I actually gasped out loud when I saw the cover of the Yearbook - it was beautiful!

BUT what Christine says (above) is true. One, or at most two, projects per year really is enough, in my opinion, from now on, for the reason Christine gives and also from a purely practical viewpoint for all concerned, including Mika himself.

How about a birthday project in August and then a Yearbook in December? And that's it. No jewellry, toys, clothes or carrots:roftl: in the meantime, at all. Just my suggestion.

i wont say no to anyone ideas.... if u guys think u have a cool idea to make for mika DO IT!

im sure he will eppreciate it :)

toys....or carrots... but original ones ;)

this whole thread was a thought to calm it down a bit... but i think if anyone have a cool original idea.... go for it....

When it comes to personal gifts to Mika, I don't think you can really stop people from giving their gifts to him, you know? That's a freedom of choice thing. However, because the projects are done as a group, I'm sure people wouldn't mind making a project for him every so often.

nahhhh we had fun times :)

i miss everyone from the trip :(

I was just a little jealous that you got to go over and meet all those people...

But, soangel and I are going over to the UK in July, and Freddie offered to show us around! So we'll spend 2 weeks annoying him... (if that's possible because he said he loves Aussie accents...:blink:)

I'm getting excited about the trip and it's so far away!

I was just a little jealous that you got to go over and meet all those people...

But, soangel and I are going over to the UK in July, and Freddie offered to show us around! So we'll spend 2 weeks annoying him... (if that's possible because he said he loves Aussie accents...:blink:)

I'm getting excited about the trip and it's so far away!

really u going? that will be cool :)

i stayed with my friend from australia few nights in london :) i love the way she talk hehe

really u going? that will be cool :)

i stayed with my friend from australia few nights in london :) i love the way she talk hehe

Should be.. looking at a few places in England... then Scotland for a few days... then he suggested we go to Santorini... I figured I may as well!

I don't get it... to me it doesn't sound special... but mine is a normal Aussie accent (though I think it's a little obvious that I come from the country)...

I must admit, I do like English and Scottish accents... I'l be very hapy when I go!

:boxed: I'm not quite sure what to say here..... & ASOLUTELY no offence to you Sivan, but the timing of this thread was a tad unfortunate ...:naughty: .... as it kept popping up right next to your other thread , which JOYOUSLY CELEBRATES Mika wearing your gift , & rightly so !!:thumb_yello: .... but some people were a bit perplexed.....:blink:

I have had my doubts about this thread from the start ... as I could see that it could become overly inflammatory & rife with mis-understanding..... & it has ..... & I'm in no way referring to any one particular person on MFC .... I just feel that the nature of the topic is sensitive...

Having said that, personally speaking , I really don't see a need to slow projects down ..... they are a creative expression of our love for Mika .... & once he receives our gifts .... he is perfectly entitled to do whatsoever he likes with them !!!:shocked::naughty:

The MFC is a passionate & alive, creative place & new ppl are joining us everyday & I feel in many ways that it expands & contracts organically .... including the timing & amount of projects on the go .... I see no need to halt or slow the natural flow ..... That's just my 2cent's worth !! :blush-anim-cl:

ok.. my two cents..

#1 personal gifts

go for it.. but don't expect him to keep it.. as lovely as he is, it would be hard to keep 100,000,000 presents..

#2 MFC gifts/projects

It's a great idea to get involved in a project.. however before starting one maybe check that you can't just do it within another one already going or planned.. eg. the yearbook project or the birthday project.. it may mean you have to wait until that project is opened for business..

(sidenote: considering his birthday is in August.. christmas is december.. why not have an easter project too so there's something going all year round.. )

and finally...

who doesn't like presents? seriously.. As if Mika wouldn't enjoy getting presents.. maybe sometimes he has no idea what to do with it afterwards.. and maybe sometimes he loves it until a new one comes to replace it.. and then maybe just occasionally one comes along that he can't part with..

but either way, Mika is like a big kid at times *points to youtube clip of groaning teddy bear*.. surely he loves pressies..

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=j1usJfEWxRw

:boxed: I'm not quite sure what to say here..... & ASOLUTELY no offence to you Sivan, but the timing of this thread was a tad unfortunate ...:naughty: .... as it kept popping up right next to your other thread , which JOYOUSLY CELEBRATES Mika wearing your gift , & rightly so !!:thumb_yello: .... but some people were a bit perplexed.....:blink:

I have had my doubts about this thread from the start ... as I could see that it could become overly inflammatory & rife with mis-understanding..... & it has ..... & I'm in no way referring to any one particular person on MFC .... I just feel that the nature of the topic is sensitive...

Having said that, personally speaking , I really don't see a need to slow projects down ..... they are a creative expression of our love for Mika .... & once he receives our gifts .... he is perfectly entitled to do whatsoever he likes with them !!!:shocked:

The MFC is a passionate & alive, creative place & new ppl are joining us everyday & I feel in many ways that it expands & contracts organically .... including the timing & amount of projects on the go .... I see no need to halt or slow the natural flow ..... That's just my 2cent's worth !!

i know what u mean and yes its funny my other thread is there...

i know its a bit wrong... i was just trying to say that maybe we need to calm down... but if people want to make projects thats fine... i have nothing against it... im sure mika loves what ever we give him.

i REALLY know how people feel when they want to make a project or a gift for him... and i say DO IT! but i have my other opinion about it and think that if he gets TO MUCH he will eppreciate it less in the future... i think... :blink:

it was just a thought i wanted to share...

i hope u get what im trying to say :boxed: its 2am here....so maybe u wont... lol

First time I've seen that clip,it's adorable :D Isn't his giggle cute!!

Don't know if I should have an opinion on this as I've ever been invovled in anything but have loved seeing his reactions when he is presented with the gifts. Think you are all lucky to have been involved with them, when I was younger and a Prince fan there was no way anyone could have presented him with anything,maybe as Mika gets bigger it will become that way so cherish all your memories of meeting him etc.

i know what u mean and yes its funny my other thread is there...

i know its a bit wrong... i was just trying to say that maybe we need to calm down... but if people want to make projects thats fine... i have nothing against it... im sure mika loves what ever we give him.

i REALLY know how people feel when they want to make a project or a gift for him... and i say DO IT! but i have my other opinion about it and think that if he gets TO MUCH he will eppreciate it less in the future... i think... :blink:

it was just a thought i wanted to share...

i hope u get what im trying to say :boxed: its 2am here....so maybe u wont... lol

:thumb_yello: It's OK Sivan ..... I do now !!:thumb_yello::wub2:

sorry I'm at Uni haven't time to write down a proper discourse..so thank you ppl!

these are my 2 cents.

1. MFC projects.

- i like them...they let ppl far away from mika express their love for him.

- one can choose whether joining the project or not

- each time different ppl join and this is good cause newbies register every day

- they are always amazing art works and i'm sure mika appreciates them and all the work which stays behind

- i think some projects a year would no affect mika's enthousiasm in receiving them

- we cannot compare how he reacted to the first scrapbook to how he's reacting now (including when he's totally random because of true illness)

- i don't mind if ppl use the project just to reach him for a few seconds...we are fans and we like being in his presence even for a little while, hiding it is useless

- MFC projects keep MFCers together, they are useful to make us a fan club which pursues goals and aims in mika's name

2. Personal projects

- i have had real, strong, renewed ART ATTACKS since i've heard of mika and his colourful world. i am and artistic person, i love doing things with my hands and every day i have new ideas and inspirations that takes to the making of new gifts for mika. I cannot stop this flow and i think that i'll be doing them as long as my inspiration lasts.

- i think mika has got a place where he keeps all our gifts, i do not think he consider them much, but has a sort of respect for all the work and love we employ in making them.

-many more fans outside MFC are giving him presents, all over the world. If also we would stop giving our presents to him, his place will be full of things anyway, maybe our gifts are only a very small part.

pls, take all this as a personal point of view...i'm not saying i'm right....

what i think is that all our mfc or personal gifts are extremely respectful, the most respectful things mika can receive from fans.

There are ppl stalking him out there...our respect for him as a person and for his privacy is TOTAL, and our gifts are only an expression of all the love and respect we have for him. i think he understands it all and tries to show it, even when he's not well. We take just a few seconds of his life!

so probably i'll join only a few MFC projects this new year. This is due partly to lack of spare time and partly because i think i'm not going to have my name displayed everywhere!!!

And of course...one project a month will be def TOOOOO much!

So pls...keep it calm and respectful...

Having said that, personally speaking , I really don't see a need to slow projects down ..... they are a creative expression of our love for Mika .... & once he receives our gifts .... he is perfectly entitled to do whatsoever he likes with them !!!:shocked::naughty:

The MFC is a passionate & alive, creative place & new ppl are joining us everyday & I feel in many ways that it expands & contracts organically .... including the timing & amount of projects on the go .... I see no need to halt or slow the natural flow ..... That's just my 2cent's worth !! :blush-anim-cl:

ok.. my two cents..

#1 personal gifts

go for it.. but don't expect him to keep it.. as lovely as he is, it would be hard to keep 100,000,000 presents..

#2 MFC gifts/projects

It's a great idea to get involved in a project.. however before starting one maybe check that you can't just do it within another one already going or planned.. eg. the yearbook project or the birthday project.. it may mean you have to wait until that project is opened for business..

(sidenote: considering his birthday is in August.. christmas is december.. why not have an easter project too so there's something going all year round.. )

and finally...

who doesn't like presents? seriously.. As if Mika wouldn't enjoy getting presents.. maybe sometimes he has no idea what to do with it afterwards.. and maybe sometimes he loves it until a new one comes to replace it.. and then maybe just occasionally one comes along that he can't part with..

but either way, Mika is like a big kid at times *points to youtube clip of groaning teddy bear*.. surely he loves pressies..

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=j1usJfEWxRw