Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

Obviously we think the same...

Melanie conceived the idea for the yearbook project, and was instrumental in arranging content and keeping people on track in terms of submitting it. She also did a large portion of the layout.

That said, many many people worked their butts off on it. I certainly didn't stay up until 3am multiple nights in a row working on "Melanie's book". Suzy didn't basically football-tackle Mika's manager to deliver "Melanie's book". :boxed:

That's the nice thing about MFC projects - yeah, they're for Mika, but half the fun of it is getting to collaborate with people from literally all over the world. Kind of like a big, worldwide We-Are-The-World-Let's-All-Hold-Hands-And-Sing-Kumbaya moment. :bleh:

It would be nice to channel some of that back toward the MFC, somehow, instead of always to Mika...

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, no one take offence, this is just how I see things...

But as I said, thats just how I view things. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Geez... gotta comment on everything, don't you! :sneaky2:

:naughty:

[/color]Melanie, one of the sweetest things about you is your unwavering, innocent, wide-eyed optimism. Seriously. If we could bottle it and feed it to all the cynics, the world would be a much happier place. :wink2:

When you do, can you send some to me???

You made the book. That's why I called it "Melanie's book."

But he didn't show the same kind of emotion. I understand he was sick, but he was well enough to perform. It was in his body language. I know you want to think differently because you made the book, but it's true. It has nothing to do with you, it has to do with the fact that we're giving him too much stuff.

I'm sure he appreciates it, but I'm also willing to bet that it's not AS special anymore.

Alright, it's way to early in the morning to get all upset about this...but yes, that book is "my baby" because I put very personal and heart felt things in those pages. However, I'm saying it's our book because I only created the idea as an outlet for people to send their good wishes to mika. IF I went around calling it MY book I'm pretty sure everyone would be annoyed with me so excuse me for not wanting to do that. and calling it "my baby" is just a cute, funny thing to say...any more thought into it and this thread will have gotten waaaay to serious.

Secondly, why are people so adament on pushing me to believe that this book is not appreciated? You say it has nothing to do with me...but it does. I attached myself to that book with everything I had. I spent countless nights organizing people's entires and answering the same questions over and over again. Lollipop_monkey and I had to practically redo the message section in just one night. I probably failed a dozen things in school for that book.

Ya know, I held it in my arms before I shipped it off. And I really did believe that mika would love it because I loved it.

It means everything to me to know that he has it. Why is it so bad to believe that the emotion he showed was good enough? IT was good enough for me. Maybe for others it was not up to par with the standards of receiving gifts.

I refuse to sit here and demean my own work by falsly admitting that mika's "body language" had anything to do with what he felt. He smiled and said thankyou... for me that was enough to send me to cloud nine. What more do you want him to do?

Melanie conceived the idea for the yearbook project, and was instrumental in arranging content and keeping people on track in terms of submitting it. She also did a large portion of the layout.

That said, many many people worked their butts off on it. I certainly didn't stay up until 3am multiple nights in a row working on "Melanie's book". Suzy didn't basically football-tackle Mika's manager to deliver "Melanie's book". :boxed:

That's the nice thing about MFC projects - yeah, they're for Mika, but half the fun of it is getting to collaborate with people from literally all over the world. Kind of like a big, worldwide We-Are-The-World-Let's-All-Hold-Hands-And-Sing-Kumbaya moment. :bleh:

It would be nice to channel some of that back toward the MFC, somehow, instead of always to Mika...

All I did was point out that she had mentioned that it was her baby then said it wasn't her book... It was an observation, that's all...

I'm not a big project person, but I can get that people but a lot of work in them...

though if I ever did join in one... I would defo be avioding the Kumbaya moments... I hated singin it in Girl Guides, and I still hate it (10 years on)

though if I ever did join in one... I would defo be avioding the Kumbaya moments... I hated singin it in Girl Guides, and I still hate it (10 years on)

LOL don't blame you there. :bleh:

He smiled and said thankyou... for me that was enough to send me to cloud nine. What more do you want him to do?

I think he should write us a song for his next album.

*sings*

"Oh, those peeps at the MFC!

They always have some project for me!

A shirt and a book - what's next, a hat?

Soon I'll need a bigger flat!"

LOL don't blame you there. :bleh:

I think he should write us a song for his next album.

*sings*

"Oh, those peeps at the MFC!

They always have some project for me!

A shirt and a book - what's next, a hat?

Soon I'll need a bigger flat!"

And what make you think he doesn't sing it already?? :blink:

As long as Mika doesn't release Kumbaya I'll be verra happy!

No one is pushing you into anything. You keep acting like this is a personal attack on YOU, making yourself out to be the victim.

The whole point is that the MFC, AS A WHOLE, should slow the projects down a bit.

And it is YOUR book. Yes, everyone had a small part in it, but you did most of the work, put it together, and even put in a letter special for Mika before you shipped it off. Nobody else got that chance. Whether Mika liked it or not, it is YOUR book. It seems that when we're talking about the over-production of gifts, it's everybody's book. But if Mika liked it, it's your work.

that being said...what should I do in light of this for the Valentine's project?

Can anyone give me some tips for delivery. I should know this in advance.

First you have to pray that he doesn't get sick at the end of his tour which seems to be the biggest obstacle people face unfortunately.

Then you need to harass everyone who has any contact with him to find out when he's coming to the venue and to let him know that someone needs to give him something.

Then you have to hang around conspicuously while everyone stares at you and wonders WTF you're doing and the band runs in the opposite direction when they see you coming.

Then you have to be at the precise spot at the precise moment he gets out of his car before he has a chance to run the 10 feet to the door and you miss him altogether. :boxed:

I may have missed this, but can someone point me toward the direction of his thank you?

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mika birthday messages...thank you

I want to say thank you for the totally incredible gift that so many of you made for me and to those who put it all together. I was completely surprised to find your massive box in my dressing room at V this weekend. The amount of work put in and the standard of all you drawings, cuttings and designs amazed me. I am really touched by what all of you at MFC have done and want you to know that in no way is it unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you so much again. Definitely the best birthday gift I've ever received. Am writing up a newsletter to let you all know what's been going on and some of our plans for the next few weeks. So keep posted.

Thank you again and all my love

Mika

If you were around at the time when there was a huge uproar because he had been cancelling festivals without a proper explanation and was unable to receive the gift the first time a delivery was attempted, you could read between the lines here.

I have to be honest, I'm sitting here trying to do my homework and I can't.

You guys for the first time I actually feel sad about the book. I know people love the optimism I have had and the fact that I kept believing and asking for good thoughts about the outcome.

But I don't understand why people have to be so harsh and unyielding in their attempts to prove a point. I'm hurt right now. I really am. I don't need pity or anything like that. I will go on believing what I believe because that's how I get by. But honestly, I don't like the fact that people insist on changing my interpretation of his reaction. I'm in no way naive or ignorant of anything.

Like I said, I had a moment before I shipped the book off. I flipped through its pages for a final time and made a wish that he would love it. Maybe that's too sappy for alot of you, but I'm not gonna change my ways just to fit the mold around here.

YES indeed... I know the book wasn't "perfect," but perfect is absolutley boring and we weren't concentrating on picking out all of the flaws in the short span of time we had.

I'm saddened and dissapointed by what people on here have said. I will have no regrets and will continue to believe...NO, I will KNOW that 2007: A Year in Cartoon Motion was an absolute brilliant GROUP effort TRULY APPRECIATED AND INSPIRED BY MIKA :mf_rosetinted:

I loved this project...I am honoured to be part of it!

If we want this thread to stay pleasant, we have to be aware of the fact that when people give Mika things, there are feelings on the line.

No one wants to believe that a project they put effort into is unappreciated, or that Mika wiped his nose with it then immediately pitched it into the nearest garbage can. Since Mika has never said "Oh, the <insert project here> was nothing but a useless piece of crap", we can all go happily along envisioning all our various projects getting a prime piece of shelf in his flat (or in his closet, or on his bed).

What we need to consider going forward are the logistical, practical aspects:

A) That a continuous onslaught of gifts will start to become a bit burdensome from a "where do I put it all?" perspective, and

B) That soon, it's likely that he'll be selling out massive arenas, and we won't be able to access him to give him these things.

If we focus on that, we can keep feelings intact. :thumb_yello:

You guys for the first time I actually feel sad about the book. I know people love the optimism I have had and the fact that I kept believing and asking for good thoughts about the outcome.

But I don't understand why people have to be so harsh and unyielding in their attempts to prove a point. I'm hurt right now. I really am. I don't need pity or anything like that. I will go on believing what I believe because that's how I get by. But honestly, I don't like the fact that people insist on changing my interpretation of his reaction. I'm in no way naive or ignorant of anything.

Like I said, I had a moment before I shipped the book off. I flipped through its pages for a final time and made a wish that he would love it. Maybe that's too sappy for alot of you, but I'm not gonna change my ways just to fit the mold around here.

YES indeed... I know the book wasn't "perfect," but perfect is absolutley boring and we weren't concentrating on picking out all of the flaws in the short span of time we had.

I'm saddened and dissapointed by what people on here have said. I will have no regrets and will continue to believe...NO, I will KNOW that 2007: A Year in Cartoon Motion was an absolute brilliant GROUP effort TRULY APPRECIATED AND INSPIRED BY MIKA :mf_rosetinted:

you did a wonderful job and do not give up on your wonderful devotion, ...

you are talented and happy to know such a hard working person..:wub2: :wub2:

No one is pushing you into anything. You keep acting like this is a personal attack on YOU, making yourself out to be the victim.

The whole point is that the MFC, AS A WHOLE, should slow the projects down a bit.

And it is YOUR book. Yes, everyone had a small part in it, but you did most of the work, put it together, and even put in a letter special for Mika before you shipped it off. Nobody else got that chance. Whether Mika liked it or not, it is YOUR book. It seems that when we're talking about the over-production of gifts, it's everybody's book. But if Mika liked it, it's your work.

Ok, that's a little too much for my own comfort. It's getting personal now. When you start saying that I make myself out to be a victim, it draws the line. I'm not saying that to start a duel or a debate, I'm saying it as a fact. I am extrememly sensative about the book because for me it messed up alot of things in my life. It's basically bittersweet...because I couldn't balance school and the book alot of times. Thus I feel a tremendous amount of guilt for doing all of this for someone I DO NOT KNOW.

I genuinely didn't mean to offend anyone. I used the scrapbook and the yearbook as examples.

Why does everything I say always seem to start a fight on here? I don't know if the internet can't fully express sarcasm/emotion, or if growing up where I did/with who I did has made me less sensitive than the next person.

If we want this thread to stay pleasant, we have to be aware of the fact that when people give Mika things, there are feelings on the line.

No one wants to believe that a project they put effort into is unappreciated, or that Mika wiped his nose with it then immediately pitched it into the nearest garbage can. Since Mika has never said "Oh, the <insert project here> was nothing but a useless piece of crap", we can all go happily along envisioning all our various projects getting a prime piece of shelf in his flat (or in his closet, or on his bed).

A) That a continuous onslaught of gifts will start to become a bit burdensome from a "where do I put it all?" perspective, and

B) That soon, it's likely that he'll be selling out massive arenas, and we won't be able to access him to give him these things.

Mana I need a hug lol

Fine.

All in all :biggrin2: I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings :biggrin2: and I'm sorry if I have. My entire point :biggrin2: was that I think we should :biggrin2: slow things down. But I have to get up early :biggrin2: tomorrow morning and go Christmas shopping :biggrin2: so goodnight everyone.:biggrin2:

Keep in mind that not everyone said that he didn't have a very positive reaction to it.

As long as you believe that he loves it that is all that really should matter.

I have to agree with your points LM... I think huge projects could be scaled back... I'm sure Mika doesn't need a huge group present every few months... and access to Mika will be restricted... esp in Europe where he plays bigger venues...

Though I am concerned that Melanie felt like she failed stuff in school because she was busy with the project. I understand that people want to make things for Mika, but I don't think it should interfere with school or work. Maybe I think this bcause I'm a teacher, but I see school as more important than something like this (and I'm not saying it isn't important). Prioritising is what may have been needed.

First you have to pray that he doesn't get sick at the end of his tour which seems to be the biggest obstacle people face unfortunately.

Then you need to harass everyone who has any contact with him to find out when he's coming to the venue and to let him know that someone needs to give him something.

Then you have to hang around conspicuously while everyone stares at you and wonders WTF you're doing and the band runs in the opposite direction when they see you coming.

Then you have to be at the precise spot at the precise moment he gets out of his car before he has a chance to run the 10 feet to the door and you miss him altogether. :boxed:

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I want to say thank you for the totally incredible gift that so many of you made for me and to those who put it all together. I was completely surprised to find your massive box in my dressing room at V this weekend. The amount of work put in and the standard of all you drawings, cuttings and designs amazed me. I am really touched by what all of you at MFC have done and want you to know that in no way is it unnoticed or unappreciated. Thank you so much again. Definitely the best birthday gift I've ever received. Am writing up a newsletter to let you all know what's been going on and some of our plans for the next few weeks. So keep posted.

Mika

If you were around at the time when there was a huge uproar because he had been cancelling festivals without a proper explanation and was unable to receive the gift the first time a delivery was attempted, you could read between the lines here.

I don't know what to say...:tears:

ummmmm

..my heart knows the method...

But honestly, I don't like the fact that people insist on changing my interpretation of his reaction. I'm in no way naive or ignorant of anything.

Melanie don't upset yourself over it. I am a cynical old biatch but I was there and I think you're right. Mika didn't want to get caught outside the venue talking to people and I'm certain he wouldn't have stopped at all if it wasn't to accept the book.

As soon as Suzy stopped speaking people started interjecting and trying to engage him and he couldn't talk. He was also very late because Saranayde arrived quite a bit before that saying she expected Mika to be inside because she was already late.

I wouldn't be surprised if things were touch and go for Mika to perform that night as well because he was not himself on stage and he left quickly afterwards, again without speaking to anyone.

I was actually surprised when I looked at my pics and saw him flipping through the book because I didn't think he had even done that much. Not because he didn't appreciate it - I mean he barely had a second to look at it in order to form an opinion one way or another.

But as you know Andy came out and told us Mika had been looking at it for the past 20 minutes and it was obvious that people had seen it and they were very impressed. He seemed to come out specifically to speak to Suzy and get her to discuss it again on film, which I'm guessing Mika has since watched.

Oh I agree. he's had plenty of projects this year ...which is why we're starting on other people :roftl:

calming down on MIKA'S projects helped me realise that he's not doing this alone, hence the gift books for the band that we made.

Danika (hotdlp) has started a project for YASMINE because of her drawings, which I think is nice. We need to calm down on Mika, but because we're so caring and lovely we thought we'd give someone else recognition too :biggrin2:

Melanie don't upset yourself over it. I am a cynical old biatch but I was there and I think you're right. Mika didn't want to get caught outside the venue talking to people and I'm certain he wouldn't have stopped at all if it wasn't to accept the book.

As soon as Suzy stopped speaking people started interjecting and trying to engage him and he couldn't talk. He was also very late because Saranayde arrived quite a bit before that saying she expected Mika to be inside because she was already late.

I wouldn't be surprised if things were touch and go for Mika to perform that night as well because he was not himself on stage and he left quickly afterwards, again without speaking to anyone.

I was actually surprised when I looked at my pics and saw him flipping through the book because I didn't think he had even done that much. Not because he didn't appreciate it - I mean he barely had a second to look at it in order to form an opinion one way or another.

But as you know Andy came out and told us Mika had been looking at it for the past 20 minutes and it was obvious that people had seen it and they were very impressed. He seemed to come out specifically to speak to Suzy and get her to discuss it again on film, which I'm guessing Mika has since watched.

Thanks, you brought me back to the moment I couldn't experience and it truly does make me feel better.

oh and I'm still doing really great in school in case anyone was worried. It's just I have to be up long like on nights like these... so I'm really just stressed out and trying to keep up with the burden left behind from this project. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mika

Thank you for that. I don't find this an obligatory thank you, I really do think he was genuinely happy to receive his gift....maybe he was going OTT with how it is the best gift he's ever received, but in all the interviews I have seen, Mika is an extremely happy, giggly, fun loving guy. I have no doubt he is like this in real life and he really does appreciate the love and or gifts we send his way.