Calm Down With The Projects! (Maybe?)

Sivan

Should we calm down with the projects?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Should we calm down with the projects?

• Stop with the projects!
    • dont stop but calm it down a bit...
    • Lets do as many projects as possible!!!

Of course I agree... but I also hope that our yearbook has nothing to do with this assumption of "attention seeking.".. Atleast I really hope that no one feels that way. Sorry, but that book is my baby lol and I don't expect mika to do a thing to recognize our efforts. However, I am content knowing his reaction of course:blush-anim-cl: :mf_rosetinted:

same with the Christmas project. Just curious...it was my baby as well

but as long as he knows we care...Avoca was a saint to get it to him during all of this...

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmm

Touchy subject ;)

Just wanted to say that I can agree with both sides. What I regret is not the number of projects, but the fact that some of them seem to be more a matter of attention-seeking than real gifts.

If we give Mika gifts, let's make it for the pleasure of giving him something and not in the hope he recognizes us/talks to us/ sees our face on a pic...

I know this is blunt, but i needed to say it ;) Sorry :blush-anim-cl:

Hadn't thought about that. You have a good point there.

same with the Christmas project. Just curious...it was my baby as well

but as long as he knows we care...Avoca was a saint to get it to him during all of this...

I wrote to mika saying something like... "I only wish I could have changed a little peice of your life in repayment for what you've done for me.For now all I have to give you is "my baby.":roftl: :naughty::mf_lustslow:

I don't think he does either. I think he has to give a lot of it away or throw it out. If not yet, he soon will. Seriously, unless he does pile all this stuff up to the ceiling it's going to be physically impossible to keep it in his home after another year or two.

I think that he probably gives a lot of it away when it comes to things that he cannot use, such as stuffed animals (not the 'special' ones, of course, but just traditional stuffed animals) and store-bought things, but I'm sure that he keeps the books with letters, quilts and other hand-made items.

Just wanted to say that I can agree with both sides. What I regret is not the number of projects, but the fact that some of them seem to be more a matter of attention-seeking than real gifts.

If we give Mika gifts, let's make it for the pleasure of giving him something and not in the hope he recognizes us/talks to us/ sees our face on a pic...

I agree. I think that there needs to at least be a reason behind the project, and not just a "Let's make a book of letters!" project. I don't think that people need to expect to be worshiped for a project. The right motives need to be there.

Well... my personal feeling is to keep the projects... but I think some are slightly pointless and are being done for the sake of doing a project (I think there was talk about people making an award for Mika after he lost to Avril)... I think he might get to the stage that he doesn't appreciate it, just thinks that its more crap he has to store...

Basically, I think we can keep doing projects, but make sure they're not pointless... and if it's practical its even better!

Agreed. Some of them REALLY are not necessary, I agree. I think that holidays and special occasions need projects, but not "just for the hell of it" big productions.

I think a good settlement for this would be to just have projects for things that he either needs for some reason, or for major holidays. Of course, the US projects should not be combined with the European projects as far as counting them and saying how many he gets, because he definitely does not get as many presents in the US, simply because there is a smaller number of hardcores, so the situation is different.

Actually, I wonder if we as the MFC are expecting some kind of recognition that maybe is unrealistic. *just pondering here* I mean, does he ever mentally go "Oh, no, not those bloody MFCers again". Don't know the answer to that one obviously, but we don't want to become a nuisance.... Still find this a puzzling one.

I think it is easy to say "enough projects" when you have already successfully given MIKA projects and you have had the joy and excitement of hearing/seeing that he appreciates them, either by speaking to him or seeing him using the gifts/projects on stage or wearing them in photos or on videos.

Nothing quite compares to that thrill. And when others see and hear about it, they too want to do something that will get them closer to being known or acknowledged by MIKA.

But there are new fans coming all the time, and what we decide here may not have any impact on the gifts/projects. You may remember when he got the fabulous little statues of Lollipop and Billy Brown and mini MIKA from Taiwan, they weren't made by a fan, they were commissioned with a designer by the radio station. How many other radio stations, magazines and so on are delivering things to him in order to get noticed? What's in it for them?

I imagine every singer in the world receives gifts to varying degrees. They might even have to donate them to charity!

But I don't think a decision can be made on a forum of 7000+ people in differing circumstances and in different languages all over the world about whether they can do a project or give gifts to MIKA. Some of us may have done our fair share of gift giving and projects, and can appreciate that maybe we ourselves have done enough, but don't forget there are many others who wish that their handmade beads, or necklaces or trousers or kimono would be worn by their favourite star, or their book or album is on his shelf at home...everyone wishes they could share that special thrill.:wub2:

BonjourMika1990;916504]I wrote to mika saying something like... "I only wish I could have changed a little peice of your life in repayment for what you've done for me.For now all I have to give you is "my baby."

:naughty::roftl::naughty: Mika's got your baby (got a good enough ring to it for ya lol).:bleh:

I think it is easy to say "enough projects" when you have already successfully given MIKA projects and you have had the joy and excitement of hearing/seeing that he appreciates them, either by speaking to him or seeing him using the gifts/projects on stage or wearing them in photos or on videos.

Nothing quite compares to that thrill. And when others see and hear about it, they too want to do something that will get them closer to being known or acknowledged by MIKA.

But there are new fans coming all the time, and what we decide here may not have any impact on the gifts/projects. You may remember when he got the fabulous little statues of Lollipop and Billy Brown and mini MIKA from Taiwan, they weren't made by a fan, they were commissioned with a designer by the radio station. How many other radio stations, magazines and so on are delivering things to him in order to get noticed? What's in it for them?

I imagine every singer in the world receives gifts to varying degrees. They might even have to donate them to charity!

But I don't think a decision can be made on a forum of 7000+ people in differing circumstances and in different languages all over the world about whether they can do a project or give gifts to MIKA. Some of us may have done our fair share of gift giving and projects, and can appreciate that maybe we ourselves have done enough, but don't forget there are many others who wish that their handmade beads, or necklaces or trousers or kimono would be worn by their favourite star, or their book or album is on his shelf at home...everyone wishes they could share that special thrill.:wub2:

You basically just said what I have been trying to think of how to say. So yeah, I completely agree with you. :)

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

For me, I thought it was sweet that all of the Argentinian fans were so prominent in taking part in the Christmas Project. None of them had seen him, and it made me happy knowing that they would be able to hopefully get across to him someway.

I agree with you that it's much easier to go one way when you've HAD that intimate contact and you've HAD that recognition, but for some of the fans that have NEVER seen him at all and some that are too far away to see him anytime soon, I think it's a wonderful thing for them to be able to take part in something and have their messages and their love sent to him. :cheerful_h4h:

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

For me, I thought it was sweet that all of the Argentinian fans were so prominent in taking part in the Christmas Project. None of them had seen him, and it made me happy knowing that they would be able to hopefully get across to him someway.

I agree with you that it's much easier to go one way when you've HAD that intimate contact and you've HAD that recognition, but for some of the fans that have NEVER seen him at all and some that are too far away to see him anytime soon, I think it's a wonderful thing for them to be able to take part in something and have their messages and their love sent to him. :cheerful_h4h:

that is exactly , how I feel Hannah...It was so beautiful that so many of Argentina were involved...I had never "heard" anything like that before.

wow...that was special...

i agree... but i think EVERYONE that want to participate can do that in the next big project... i didnt say STOP.... i just think less will be better.... ofcourse anyone can do what ever they want... im not gonna decide for anyone... it was just a thought i had that i wanted to share with u all....

Why so much secrecy?

Not really secrecy so much as nothing's been decided yet. We've thrown a few ideas into the pot, that's all, but if Aurora is actually at the Aussie thread, she as an Aussie can participate and not feel like we've left her behind.

That's why it IS so easy to see both parts of this one, it's not got an easy answer and of course we have no idea what Mika REALLY thinks about it all, and he is far too gracious (still) to just bin it in front of us. He KNOWS what's behind all the gifts, he KNOWS we are trying to reach out to him somehow, or that we want to give him something amazing, unique or just plain cute, and even when he has had the same or a similar gift a dozen times, he STILL (so far) accepts them in a way that makes us feel good.

I feel kinda sorry for him in some ways yet much affection for him for the way in which he TRIES so hard to show us that he appreciates us, I think the more popular he gets though the harder that will be because he will NEVER be able to please everybody ALL of the time, and if that happens I won't hold it against him because he needs to be able to survive and he wont be able to cut himself into a million pieces all the time so that everyone can have a share of him, if you get what I mean.

I don't understand this argument. I've never given Mika anything except a laminated pass that he is free to bin after he's looked at it.

Either giving him dozens of projects is feasible and effective or it's not. It doesn't really matter what people want if he's not available to accept gifts or they aren't really having the impact that people desire because he's getting tons of stuff at every gig.

I think for the upcoming N. American and Australian tours Mika will still be accessible but when we're looking at him playing to arenas in Europe it's going to be way too much effort with far too little reward.

I don't see how limiting things to one or two projects a year is going to deprive anyone of anything.

That's why it IS so easy to see both parts of this one, it's not got an easy answer and of course we have no idea what Mika REALLY thinks about it all, and he is far too gracious (still) to just bin it in front of us. He KNOWS what's behind all the gifts, he KNOWS we are trying to reach out to him somehow, or that we want to give him something amazing, unique or just plain cute, and even when he has had the same or a similar gift a dozen times, he STILL (so far) accepts them in a way that makes us feel good.

I feel kinda sorry for him in some ways yet much affection for him for the way in which he TRIES so hard to show us that he appreciates us, I think the more popular he gets though the harder that will be because he will NEVER be able to please everybody ALL of the time, and if that happens I won't hold it against him because he needs to be able to survive and he wont be able to cut himself into a million pieces all the time so that everyone can have a share of him, if you get what I mean.

You know I was just thinking about this earlier and imagining him a bit like Lord Voldemort in Harry Potter with all the horcruxes and how that was splitting up parts of his soul.... Sorry, kind of lost my point. I did have one and it was relevant and now I forgotten..... (oldling moment. sorry)

I understand...he is just human...and he has alot of work to do . I guess its hard to please everyone all the time. This is a good discussion as it opens my eyes to realize he is just one of us...not a god or someone with superpowers...just a guy who loves to play music!!!!!

I totally agree. If anyone didn't detect a note of forced obligation in his thank-you for the birthday project, they weren't listening closely enough IMO.

You can philosophize about everyone loving to receive gifts but I'm sure none of us have received elaborate gifts under the same circumstances as he has. Like it or not, we are strangers to Mika and there has to be some sort of underlying discomfort in such a one-sided exchange, especially when there is a high level of expectation for an immediate and positive reaction.

I think he'd have to be a bit of an egomaniac if a part of him didn't feel that way.

I don't understand this argument. I've never given Mika anything except a laminated pass that he is free to bin after he's looked at it.

Either giving him dozens of projects is feasible and effective or it's not. It doesn't really matter what people want if he's not available to accept gifts or they aren't really having the impact that people desire because he's getting tons of stuff at every gig.

I think for the upcoming N. American and Australian tours Mika will still be accessible but when we're looking at him playing to arenas in Europe it's going to be way too much effort with far too little reward.

I don't see how limiting things to one or two projects a year is going to deprive anyone of anything.

this is my interpretation (:naughty:) of what blue sky meant;

it is easier for people that have had the satisfaction, joy, happiness of handing mika something and it being received well, and maybe worn publicly it is easier to say that less/no projects should be given to mika, unlike the people that havn't yet been able participate in a project and had the chance to show mika their appreciation