The absolute, final, definitive answer on Mika’s sexuality thread! With proof!

JackViolet

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Jack meant that at all. There was no mockery of the people who want to talk about Mika's sexuality---it's simply a satire of the stereotypes that people have used to classify Mika one way or another. I don't see much, if any, of that type of thing going on in the "Mika's Personal Life" thread, as for the most part, it was carried on in a respectful, highly intelligent manner, but there have been MANY instances where people have taken things such as his clothing choice, liking of rainbows, the fact that he and the band visited a bar on a street where there were a lot of gay bars (I'm not sure if it was made 100% clear that it was a gay bar, specifically, but that is irrelevant, anyway) and drawn conclusions that he MUST be gay because of all of that. Really, unless you have alternate means of information, there is no way to KNOW what sexuality Mika is. You can have strong feelings, but when it comes down to it, it's all a circle that is being drawn, and therefor impossible to arrive at a conclusion based on such evidence. That doesn't mean that you can't talk about it. I fully agree with everything that Jack said, but I am still for discussing it all, given it is intelligent and not a conversation based on stereotypes, and that everyone acts adult and respectful about it. :thumb_yello:

Glad to know I'm not alone...Aaurora surprised me with her posts as well.

As I said to Petra, she doesn't care but we're not all like her. And Jack thread came to me in a moment I was way susceptible. I don't know her/him, so I'm not in the obligation to laugh at her/his jokes as if they were fantastic to me...it's quite difficult isn't it??

Clue 8: MAGAZINES.

He’s been on the cover of Out and the Advocate and has been interviewed on Logo! …But he’s never actually said he was gay. And he was also interviewed in a bunch of girly mags where he was asked about his perfect type of girl. But he was careful not to actually answer the question in terms of gender! But he still never admitted he was gay. Or straight. Or… anything.

he has said what he likes about someone? ohhh... does anyone have a link to that article? or maybe and idea of what he said... i'm just curious. :wink2::naughty:

he has said what he likes about 'someone'? ohhh... do you have a link to that article? or maybe and idea of what he said... i'm just curious. :wink2::naughty:

:lmfao: Do a search for "Mika likes girls with brains" and I'm sure you'll find it. You may have to weed through talk about Mika's cannibalism and the fact that he enjoys devouring brains in his spare time, but it's there. :naughty:

:lmfao: Do a search for "Mika likes girls with brains" and I'm sure you'll find it. You may have to weed through talk about Mika's cannibalism and the fact that he enjoys devouring brains in his spare time, but it's there. :naughty:

AWESOME! I KNEW IT! he's so perfect in everyway...:wub2:

hahaha:roftl:

I hope not in a bad way? Can you explain please :)

In a good way...:thumb_yello: See, i thought you were someone who don't care and think it's stupid to talk about sexuality here and all that stuff. But now I see our points of view are quite similar. First time we agree since we know each other, if I'm not wrong...:biggrin2: I love when I finally I can interact well with people...

awww I'm sleepy ***yawns****I'm gonna get some icecream and then to listen to Mika music at bed...

PS: Do you know, our Economy minister of Argentina, he's got a nickname: some people call him Mika because of his curly hair...xDDDDDD OMG...

AWESOME! I KNEW IT! he's so perfect in everyway...:wub2:

hahaha:roftl:

Keep in mind that, like most things, that quote was taken out of context. He never once uttered the word "girl," and the magazine was specifically trying to corner him by asking whether he liked American girls or European girls, and he said a very generic: "I don't care." :lmfao: Then added that he was a brain guy.

In a good way...:thumb_yello: See, i thought you were someone who don't care and think it's stupid to talk about sexuality here and all that stuff. But now I see our points of view are quite similar. First time we agree since we know each other, if I'm not wrong...:biggrin2: I love when I finally I can interact well with people...

awww I'm sleepy ***yawns****I'm gonna get some icecream and then to listen to Mika music at bed...

Please don't take what everyone is saying in bad light! No one is forcing their opinions on you, and even though some may not like discussing his sexuality, that doesn't mean that you are being denied the right to disagree. :thumb_yello:

Goodnight! :)

Well Dani ; I appreciate your concern...:original:

I'm still hurt because for once in the MFC a thread was open and honest, and then somebody came and said "we don't care we don't care we don't care", and all the mass here said the same, because they adore them.

I am not going to speak for Jack but I can tell you why I adore Jack and why a few people in particular (if not everyone who) found her post amusing.

You may have noticed that I made some serious posts in the other thread and that I don't think a ban on discussion about Mika's sexuality is necessary. But I don't have much desire to discuss it myself because I'm at the same place as a lot of other MFCers where I genuinely don't care.

I have participated in discussions about his sexuality in the past and so has Jack (although she never openly speculates as she said). But so much time has passed and so many things have happened in the interim that questions about his sexuality have become cliche. Even people like me who do not get upset or think that any mention of his sexuality is necessarily disrespectful or invasive, tend to tire of it. In the same way we tire of hearing that he was born in Lebanon in 1983.

Scut and I were both active in the thread this morning so we could have taken offence as you did, but we know Jack too well and even if she was mocking me I'd still laugh because I can appreciate her point and her humour.

I've got a very good idea of what Jack thinks on this and many issues so I'm reading her posts in that context, even if it appears to you that she just came out of nowhere to mess up a perfectly good thread.

I am glad it was in a good way :):thumb_yello: I "don't care" if he is gay or not but I don't see the harm in discussing it in an intelligent, mature way like in the Personal Life thread. It upsets me to see people discussing it and then fighting with each other, which is what has happened in this thread!

Good night to you :bleh:

Keep in mind that, like most things, that quote was taken out of context. He never once uttered the word "girl," and the magazine was specifically trying to corner him by asking whether he liked American girls or European girls, and he said a very generic: "I don't care." :lmfao: Then added that he was a brain guy.

yeah, you're right. now that i think about it... i think i have heard him say that... was it a taped interview or was it in a magazine? (that was retoricull, so you don't have to answer that.) but i do remember him once saying that he likes someone who is intelligent.

hahaha :naughty:

shhh.

you never know.. it could be like.. this strange language that ive never seen in my life ok.

.... yourself!!

Haha...I did that so I could post that without having to write more. You weren't suppose to see that!

* SORRRY OFF TOPIC!! *

i googled "schyhryzædxç" to see what it meant.. and i got pages from the mfc...

is it a made up word? ive been wondering for a while now...

Actually it's kind of right on topic because Jack decided that since everyone loves to talk about how hot Mika is all the time, the words they were using like "sexxy" and "SXC" just didn't suffice. Mika has his own unique brand of super sexiness that could only be described as schyhryzædxç.

Actually it's kind of right on topic because Jack decided that since everyone loves to talk about how hot Mika is all the time, the words they were using like "sexxy" and "SXC" just didn't suffice. Mika has his own unique brand of super sexiness that could only be described as schyhryzædxç.

I see. Clever bunch of apples.

Should that be added to the Mikanictionary? :naughty:

I can see you have put a lot of work into this thread however i am not totally convisted with the proof above...i just wont to say im proud of who mika is im glad he is being himslef and not what other people wont. im all about his music yeah i think he is good looking but i dont care what he prefers

another fantabulous proof of how well sarcasm passes the screen barrier...

explaination to our dear metal thing : THE THREAD IS A BIG JOKE TO PROVE THAT THERE IS NOTHING TO PROVE...

or should i simply go to bed and go back to my "i don't post anymore cause you're all too dumb" phase :naughty:...

I'm known for being overly analytical and a bit wordy, but here's my two cents:

themetalmunchkin missed that Jack's original post poked fun at the whole "is he/isn't he" debate in her very own trademark style.

Our wonderful Yop comes along and calls the previous poster "dear metal thing", and right after quoting themetalmunchkin, referred to her "i don't post anymore cause you're all too dumb" phase. I doubt that was a shot directly at the person you quoted, Yop, but it could easily be taken that way.

Some people on this forum are ridiculously intelligent people with fabulous opinions, but sometimes the line between voicing those opinions and being overly harsh is ill-defined. That's when things go off track.

And yes, for anyone who's wondering, this is me right here:

bear.gif