they should have started a new band then. not called queen. Queen was freddie's idea [name] after all.

Brian and Roger have just as much right to use the name Queen. They are two fourths of the band.

I don't think it is realistic at all to start an entirely new band with a new name. They may as well not perform any of the songs that Freddie wrote on tour if that's the case.

Also no one has ever said that Paul is replacing Queen. He is fronting for a band that lost their lead singer. Simple as that.

There is a site where you are asked to vote for the

Best Band

Best Male Rock singer

and Best Rock Guitarist

Freddie, Brian and Queen are all leading their category but only by less than 1%pt.. and apparently, Freddie seems to be losing out to Steve Perry...(:blink: )

So please vote here!!!

Band - http://www.votenumber1.com/vote1rockbandever.html

Male Vocal - http://www.votenumber1.com/vote1malerocksinger.html

Guitarist - http://www.votenumber1.com/vote1rockguitarist.html

Brian looks like winning it but please don't let Steve Perry beat Freddie or Bon Jovi come first, ahead of Queen...

GO VOTE! (No need to registrate, just click!!!:wink2: )

New Brian interview from the Vienna premiere of WWRY

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

He talks about the new album and the autumn tour but nothing specific.

Also confirms second part of WWRY is on the way...

Nothing new, really, but I liked that he said Falco was a one-off. :thumb_yello:

I liked Falco, too.

Hello, hello, Vienna calling...:punk: :punk: :punk:

Wow. It's been really quiet in here lately. No Queen news?

violetsky, I saw your pictures in the other thread from your visit to Montreux and Freddie's statue. Amazing. :wub2: If you ever do a similar thing again I'd love to be a part of it. :wink2:

Anyway, today at work I could NOT stop singing 'I Was Born To Love You' to myself. I seemed to make the time pass faster.

*watching freds link* :shocked: OMG it has just hit home that my new computer does not have any speakers yet! Watching fred without sound is like looking at a freshly baked crossaint and not being allowed to eat it...:sneaky2: Must go shopping and get some speakers......

I hope everyone is well in here, I have found a house and put in an offer, will now by tomorrow lunch...:bleh:House hunting is very time consuming, i have a good feeling about this one:wink2:

Wow. It's been really quiet in here lately. No Queen news?

violetsky, I saw your pictures in the other thread from your visit to Montreux and Freddie's statue. Amazing. :wub2: If you ever do a similar thing again I'd love to be a part of it. :wink2:

Anyway, today at work I could NOT stop singing 'I Was Born To Love You' to myself. I seemed to make the time pass faster.

violet sky you went:bleh: Just as soon as I get this baby out and walking I am coming over...

Don't know if anyone posted or not, but:

The Nelson Mandela concert in June in Hyde Park (London) is featuring Queen + Paul Rodgers

A concert for Nelson Mandela is being held in Hyde Park (London) and is featuring, Queen possibily with Paul Rodgers. The Tickets are not on sale yet but keep an eye out for when they are out on sale! Keep checking the Queen sites!

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/news_view.aspx?NEWS_ID=4593

A concert for Nelson Mandela is being held in Hyde Park (London) and is featuring, Queen possibily with Paul Rodgers. The Tickets are not on sale yet but keep an eye out for when they are out on sale! Keep checking the Queen sites!

It's not possibly, it should and will be Paul Rodgers, despite reports that Q (Rog and Bri) will be fronted by Robbie dressed as Freddie:thumbdown: (I think it was in the Mirror)

The event will be headlined by The Police and Eric Clapton (performing on separate days - I can't remember which one on Saturday and which one on Sunday) .. but I actually thought the tickets were on sale already....

(PS: I wouldn't mind Mika performing there for at least one song only with these guys- it would not even have to be a Queen song ...)

ps2: CONGRATULATIONS TO JENGAFER:groupwave:

Are you sure this is 2008. Queen + Paul Rodgers did Hyde Park in 2005 for Nelson Mandella. It was filmed too.

Yes! It was actually announced last year that they will perform. Brian also mentioned it many times on his Soapbox, so it is a fact... I just don't know if they will perform on Saturday or Sunday...

However, I don't think I will go there unless Mika performs as well, as I just want to go to their concerts in the autumn..

according to brianmay.com and other official sources, nothign has been set yet. I know they mentioned a tour, but the daily gutter-press have started unconfirmed rumours again. No tickets for sale on ticket sites either.

However there is no fire with out a spark so watch this space.

according to brianmay.com and other official sources, nothign has been set yet. I know they mentioned a tour, but the daily gutter-press have started unconfirmed rumours again. No tickets for sale on ticket sites either.

However there is no fire with out a spark so watch this space.

I meant tickets for the Mandela / 46664 concert in Hyde park... I definitely remember reading even about the prices of tickets...

true, Q+PR are not officially confirmed but

here is Brian referring to the concert for the first time in August last year:

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssbaug07.html#30

**Thu 30 Aug 07**

MANDELA GIG STORY "ALMOST RIGHT"

Hmmm ... yes, good - the BBC story is almost right ...

We have committed to organising the Hyde Park 46664 concert for M. Mandela next year, along with our manager, Jim Beach, just like in Cape Town in 2003. And of course we will be available to play, Great Spirit willing! Although there has, as yet, been no proper discussion about who will play. We will be talking to the other Ambassadors of 46664.

But really the headline act in Cape Town was Nelson Mandela himself ... everyone else, including us, gladly played a supporting role!

Cheers

Bri

© brianmay.com

I meant tickets for the Mandela / 46664 concert in Hyde park... I definitely remember reading even about the prices of tickets...

true, Q+PR are not officially confirmed but

here is Brian referring to the concert for the first time in August last year:

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssbaug07.html#30

**Thu 30 Aug 07**

MANDELA GIG STORY "ALMOST RIGHT"

Hmmm ... yes, good - the BBC story is almost right ...

We have committed to organising the Hyde Park 46664 concert for M. Mandela next year, along with our manager, Jim Beach, just like in Cape Town in 2003. And of course we will be available to play, Great Spirit willing! Although there has, as yet, been no proper discussion about who will play. We will be talking to the other Ambassadors of 46664.

But really the headline act in Cape Town was Nelson Mandela himself ... everyone else, including us, gladly played a supporting role!

Cheers

Bri

© brianmay.com

Please somebody tell me WHY all these awesome concerts happen in the U.K...LIVE EARTH DOESN'T COUNT! (Besides, the best concert was in Wembley...think I was gunna go to the Metolands for Kelly Clarkson...Oh Hell No:naughty:)

So it is confirmed that Robbie will front for them? If that's true, I don't even want to see it. He's too much of an annoying wannabe for my taste.

don't worry, it's not going to happen..:wink2:

That was just a stupid article, based on no facts at all..

I am still not sure if Robbie is just an obsessed Queen fan (even writing songs with the same title as Queen songs), someone who has no real identity so he tries to put on someone else's (Freddie's) on stage or is just simply being manipulative..

I think Bri, Rog and even John realised it in time that Robbie just wanted to use them to make it big in the US, so they refused to have him as singer for concerts (if that idea has ever been seriously considered at all). :cool: