Did everyone here hear that Freddie Mercury is in People Magazine's "Gone Too Soon" issue.

It's nice, he has 2 pages dedicated with lots of pictures. :wub2:

I saw it. Nice bunch of pictures. When I looked through it the other day in Barnes and Noble, I read through the article. Tears welled up in my eyes when I read Freddie's last statement. My heart will never cease to feel heavy when it comes to his death.

Shari,

When I saw your name withe a new post on the Q club I thought you had some tour news for us...My heart almost stopped...

Anyway, thanks for the pics. I have similar from the 90s, except for the panorama one, which is absolutely unique - thanks again..

and yes, all the graffiti was removed a long time ago and the walls are all empty.. maybe an occasional Freddie on the green door but you would never notice it was once his house..

Why did they take the graffiti off?! :tears:

A matter of taste I suppose. Would you like that scrawled all over the walls of your house? It was good of Mary to let it stay there for so long I guess.

Well, kind of, actually. Lol. I like graffiti...but if Mary still lives there then I can see why. I thought it was empty.

Yes personally I loved it too, but when you pay millions for a home, you don't want it almost valdalised. These people who wrote messages didn't have permission to do this.

I thought it looked great and it was a place for us to mourn for a few years.

But Dhhaaaaaling all that grafitti in the heart of Kensington, it's just not the right thing to do!!!!!

The last time I went was about 2 years ago and there were tree fellers there. They wwere going in and out of the back gate. I convinced one of them to wedge his foot in the gate for a short time so I could look in. He discretely obliged and I got my camcordeer ready. The instantly realised it was an invasion of privacy and it didn't feel right, so I put it away.

Never forget what I saw though.........

The last time I went was about 2 years ago and there were tree fellers there. They wwere going in and out of the back gate. I convinced one of them to wedge his foot in the gate for a short time so I could look in. He discretely obliged and I got my camcordeer ready. The instantly realised it was an invasion of privacy and it didn't feel right, so I put it away.

Never forget what I saw though.........

Well what did you see?!

Oh just his garden and the front (or back) of the house. Just like pictures I've seen. Not alot has changed just maintained. We had a word with one of the workers and we said did he know who lived here? He said yes, but wasn't over-awed by the fact. But just to peek in was amazing for me.

Oh just his garden and the front (or back) of the house. Just like pictures I've seen. Not alot has changed just maintained. We had a word with one of the workers and we said did he know who lived here? He said yes, but wasn't over-awed by the fact. But just to peek in was amazing for me.

Oh thats insane! I wish i could have a look!

I felt quite privilleged I must admit. Being in the right plaace at the riht time is not something that usually happens to me.

I will have a look for the photo's tomorrow. For now I must wish you a very good night. Don't forget to lock all your doors... sorry going into a Billy Connolly sketch!

Nighty night

I felt quite privilleged I must admit. Being in the right plaace at the riht time is not something that usually happens to me.

I will have a look for the photo's tomorrow. For now I must wish you a very good night. Don't forget to lock all your doors... sorry going into a Billy Connolly sketch!

Nighty night

Alright, good night!

Nighty night

Goodnight Shari! :huglove:

In regards to the whole graffiti thing...I don't blame Mary a bit for taking it off. That wall is private property and it was her right to remove it.

For one thing....it would be hard for her to move on from grieving over Freddie's death when she would see all of those messages every day. I don't think I could handle having to read them each day forever and ever.

Oh...and let's not forget...painting graffiti is illegal...

Btw LadyGodiva, you are Queeniac #74. :)