The event will be headlined by The Police and Eric Clapton (performing on separate days - I can't remember which one on Saturday and which one on Sunday) .. but I actually thought the tickets were on sale already....

I think I was wrong about it.. there will be a 2day event on the last weekend of June, caled Hyde Park calling, but it seems it is not the event Rog &Bri are organising... ( http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/news/index.aspx?aid=b5a7314d-d976-4587-9334-f3c1b62c8a60 )

The Mandela B-day concert will probably be a week earlier, Brian has just announced on his site that you can register for tickets...:thumb_yello:

http://www.brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennews.html

Please note that the link on Brian's site does not work, so use this one instead:

http://www.46664tickets.com/

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!!!

Ageessssssssssssss since ive chatted with you!

Hi

yeah I am not very good at keeping in touch:blush-anim-cl: I lurk a bit though to keep up to date:bleh: .. Baby is due end of July, have got scan in a couple of weeks, so will hopefully find out if I am in for another boy or a girlie.. Maybe this time my other half will let me call him Freddie!:roftl: !!.....I think that is about as likely as him letting me take my two boys already here to ballet lessons..

Hi Queeniacs!

Does anyone of you know the Brittish Queen Tribute Band: Queen Spectacular? The leadsinger is called Patrick Myers and he (even as the rest of the band) looks a lot like Freddie Mercury. (Oops: I don't mean the whole band looks like Freddie M ofcourse.....:naughty: They look like Queen!)

They are going to give a few concerts/shows in Holland. If they are good we are considering to go.

Especially For Mika4life13 And Other Queen Fans Who Might Be Interested.

These have never been shown on the internet before at all...........

Thanks a lot for those! I can't imagine how I ever missed them. What a really special place, I'm so glad I finally got to be there,I almost couldn't believe it!

Especially For Mika4life13 And Other Queen Fans Who Might Be Interested.

These have never been shown on the internet before at all...........

Thankyou! I've only seen random snippets of the graffitti before... never the whole thing!

and yes, all the graffiti was removed a long time ago and the walls are all empty.. maybe an occasional Freddie on the green door but you would never notice it was once his house..

I know! It's so sad!:sad: I had this brilliant idea once that I would go there and take pictures.... then I found out it was all gone......:badmood:

I don't think it is sad that the graffiti is removed. Mary still lives there...I can understand why she wouldn't want her property to be defaced.

No I understand that... 2 sides to every story... it was just sad for me personally.....

I understand....I've just always been on Mary's side in this situation. I can more so understand her side, I guess. :)

Fair enough.... I wrote a poem dedicated to Mary for an English assignment... I had write a brief explanation of why I wrote it and what inspired me etc etc and my teacher loved it! (which is surprising because she is the last person I would have expected to like Queen or anyhthing to do with them)

Yeah I had fun writing it. It was basically about how much respect I have for her because she stayed with Freddie right up until the end and how much they loved each other.

do you still have it? I would love to read it :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

...from Queenonline, 13th March :

Queen + Paul Rodgers Tour Update

Look out for an Official Queen + Paul Rodgers 2008 Tour announcement very shortly.

Full tour dates and venue information is set to be issued next week.

Queen + Paul Rodgers can confirm that they will be out on the road performing across the globe later in the year in support of their new, as yet untitled, album.

:punk: :punk: :punk:

OMG, thank you for this news. WOW! I canhardly wait.

I was actually thinking of sending you a PM as well because I remembered you wanted to be updated on thour news, but I am glad you were online to be informed first :wink2:

Thank you for the thought Suzie. Yeah PM me anytime there is Queen news. I wonder if anything will be announced before the Queen convention at the end of this month? (thinking aloud)

do you still have it? I would love to read it :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Hey violetsky... sorry, got really busy and didn't manage to get back here sooner. yes I do... I'm not usre how accurate it is... some people might be able to pick huge holes in it... I just really had to write a poem for this English assignment and thought it may as well be something that matters to me.

I might just PM it to you if you still want it.... ok? :thumb_yello:

Thanks for the news, suzie! I am glad I logged in to see this...I've been so preoccupied with helping with my sister's wedding that I haven't been on much this week.

Here's hoping there will be some US dates...and when I say that, I mean not just NY and Cali. :sneaky2:

http://www.queenworld.com/artman/publish/article_755.shtml

News today (18th March 2008) on the Official Queen Fan Club website!!!!!

Thanks, Shari.

It seems I just have to log on to the internet tonight..

It should be announced soon...

PS: Funny, I posted the dates that have already been confirmed (Rome, Moscow, Belgrade, Prague, Glasgow...etc) , and I can't find my post now...

Perhaps I the server was not functioning well yesterday - it can't have been OUR moderators removing my post...(?)