I wouldn't be at all surprised, suzie. We've been left out before and I can see it happening again. It would certainly be nice if they would have already referred to it as a European tour instead as to not get any people's hopes up...but ah well.

http://www.queenworld.com/artman/publish/article_755.shtml

News today (18th March 2008) on the Official Queen Fan Club website!!!!!

I was just about to post this...good thing I checked :wink2:

It was supposed to be announced today but it did not happen..:thumbdown:

PS: sorry to break the sad news but it very much seems it will only be a European tour...

What?! NO! :crybaby::crybaby:

I for one was not surprised when the potential tourdates didn't kick up yesterday. Queen and the management are EXPERTS at letting you hang on impatiently.

I have been to enough gigs to realise that making you wait even longer than is acceptable, is a thing they are very good at!

Builds up the tension though!

Crisis solved, here they are::thumb_yello:

16-SEP-08 Moscow, Olympic Sports Complex Russia

17-SEP-08 Moscow, Olympic Sports Complex Russia

20-SEP-08 Gdansk, Gdansk Shipyard

21-SEP-08 Berlin, Velodrom Germany

23-SEP-08 Antwerp, Sportpaleis,

24-SEP-08 Bercy, Paris France

26-SEP-08 Rome, Palalottomatica Italy

28-SEP-08 Verona, Arena Italy

29-SEP-08 Zurich, Hallenstadion Switzerland

01-OCT-08 Munich, Olympiahalle Germany

02-OCT-08 Mannheim, SAP Arena Germany

04-OCT-08 Hannover, TUI Arena Germany

05-OCT-08 Hamburg, Color Line Arena Germany

07-OCT-08 Rotterdam, Ahoy Holland

10-OCT-08 Nottingham, Arena

11-OCT-08 Glasgow, SECC

13-OCT-08 London, O2 Arena

14-OCT-08 Cardiff, Arena

16-OCT-08 Birmingham, NIA

18-OCT-08 Liverpool, Echo Arena

22-OCT-08 Barcelona, Palau Sant Jordi Spain

24-OCT-08 Murcia, Estadio Municipal Spain

25-OCT-08 Madrid, Palacio de Deportes Spain

28-OCT-08 Budapest, Arena Hungary

29-OCT-08 Belgrade, Belgrade Arena Serbia

31-OCT-08 Prague, O2 Arena Czech Republic

01-NOV-08 Vienna, Stadthalle Austria

14-NOV-08 Dubai Racecourse

11-OCT-08 Glasgow, SECC

14-OCT-08 Cardiff, Arena

11-OCT-08 Glasgow, SECC

14-OCT-08 Cardiff, Arena

Well I have a problem :boxed::blink: I really wanted to see them in Switzerland because Swiss people don't queue that long :naughty: => better places...

But I guess I will already live in London then !!!! So I will defo go to the London gig but I'm not sure what to do for the Swiss gig :tears:

Anyone here going to the London gig? I don't want to go on my own and I don't know anyone from London yet :blush-anim-cl:

Well I have a problem :boxed::blink: I really wanted to see them in Switzerland because Swiss people don't queue that long :naughty: => better places...

But I guess I will already live in London then !!!! So I will defo go to the London gig but I'm not sure what to do for the Swiss gig :tears:

Anyone here going to the London gig? I don't want to go on my own and I don't know anyone from London yet :blush-anim-cl:

If I happen to have a meeting in the UK around that time, I will prolong my trip and stay for the gig / come earlier...etc. ( chances are around 20-30% in general)

I will let you know in time but I should know it only in September ... I am not worried as I will definitely see them in Budapest (though there is also a chance of me being abroad that day, but chances are much smaller for that one)

...currently there is even a small chance of me seeing them in Zurich.... but that opportunity might also change with time... life is so complicated :blink:

Full press release:

Queen + Paul Rodgers Rock The Cosmos 2008 Concert Tour

Well, at least UK, Northern Eurasia, Central, Southern and Eastern Europe

With highly anticipated return to Latin America expected to follow.

Tour heralds in first new Queen studio album in 13 Years

With a new album in the pipeline - the first new studio album to carry the Queen name since the Freddie Mercury sessions – Queen is heading back on the road for a four-month tour, once again in the company of musician/singer/songwriter Paul Rodgers who joined the band for the highly successful 2005/2006 world tour, the European leg of which ended with the band’s spectacular London Hyde Park open air concert before going on to play the US and Japan.

In all, the band’s tour was attended by more than a million people.

Together Brian May, Roger Taylor and Paul Rodgers have recorded their first album’s worth of material, jointly written and produced. With the title yet to be disclosed, the album is being readied for release September 1, two weeks ahead of the start of the tour.

The Queen + Paul Rodgers 28-date arena tour will take in 14 countries in just seven weeks, and take the band to Northern Eurasia, Central and Southern Europe, and the UK, and is expected to wind up at the end of the year with the band’s highly anticipated return to South America, the setting of some of its most historic tours in the early 80’s.

Queen’s historic Latin America dates set new world records for the numbers of the audiences it attracted. At the 1985 Rock in Rio concert the band played to an unheard of audience of 300,000 and was watched on television by nearly 200 million people throughout the South American continent.

The 2008 tour kicks off mid-September in Russia with two dates at Moscow’s SCO Olympic Arena, moves on into Poland for a massive free concert at the historic Gdansk Shipyard, and then follows a path through Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Switzerland and the Netherlands before arriving in the UK early October for 6 dates including London’s 02 Arena on October 13.

The UK dates see the band additionally play Nottingham, Glasgow, Cardiff and Birmingham with a final UK date at Liverpool Arena on October 18 before continuing on to Spain, Hungary, Serbia, Czech Republic and Austria for seven further dates.

Tracks on the new Queen + Paul Rodgers album will include ‘Say It’s Not True’, previously released at the end of last year by Queen + Paul Rodgers as a special World Aids Day download for Nelson Mandela’s 46664 HIV AIDS charity , plus a ‘first’ for a Queen album – a cover version. The remaining tracks are all newly written by May, Taylor and Rodgers during the late 2007/early 2008 recording sessions.

One of these tracks, C-lebrity, will receive a sneak preview when the band make a by-demand return to the UK’s ITV Al Murray’s Happy Hour for the final show on April 4.

Queen’s last studio album release was “Made In Heaven” released in November 1995 containing the last recordings with Freddie. The album became the band’s biggest selling studio album, with world sales in excess of 20 million.

Queen’s “Greatest Hits 1” album has achieved the distinction of being the UK’s biggest selling album of all time, having sold a staggering 5,407,587 copies in Britain alone (source: VH1/The Official UK Charts Company. November 2006).

Paul Rodgers’ voice is one of rock’s platinum assets and as a multi-instrumentalist and songwriter as front man of Free and Bad Company and as a solo artist he has written, produced and recorded some of radios biggest hits.

Between them, Queen and Paul Rodgers have released more than 50 albums during their long careers and sold in excess of a staggering 300 million records.

Tickets for all UK dates will go on sale at venue box offices and usual ticket agents from Saturday April 5.

Official UK tour hotline: 08700 11 26 26

http://www.ticketzone.co.uk

Pre-registration tickets available from Wednesday April 2 at

http://www.queenonline.com

http://www.queenpluspaulrodgers.com

http://www.paulrodgers.com

UK ticket prices: £49.40, £39.50 (check venues).

A Phil McIntyre Entertainment Tour.

The Cosmos Rocks over Europe at:

EUROPE LEG 1:

Tuesday 16 September Moscow SCO Olympic Arena RUSSIA

Wednesday 17 September Moscow SCO Olympic Arena RUSSIA

Saturday 20 September Gdansk Shipyard POLAND

Sunday 21 September Berlin Velodrom GERMANY

Tuesday 23 September Antwerp Sportspaleis BELGIUM

Wednesday 24 September Paris Bercy FRANCE

Friday 26 September Rome Palalottomatica ITALY

Sunday 28 September Verona Arena ITALY

Monday 29 September Zurich Hallenstadion SWITZERLAND

Wednesday 1 October Munich Olympiahalle GERMANY

Thursday 2 October Mannheim SAP Arena GERMANY

Saturday 4 October Hannover TUI Arena GERMANY

Sunday 5 October Hamburg Color Line Arena GERMANY

Tuesday 7 October Rotterdam Ahoy NETHERLANDS

UK

Friday 10 October Nottingham Arena

Saturday 11 October Glasgow SE&CC

Monday 13 October London 02

Tuesday 14 October Cardiff Arena

Thursday 16 October Birmingham NIA

Saturday 18 October Liverpool Arena

EUROPE LEG 2

Wednesday 22 October Barcelona Palau Sant Jordi SPAIN

Friday 24 October Murcia Estadio Municipal SPAIN

Saturday 25 October Madrid Palacio de Deportes SPAIN

Tuesday 28 October Budapest Sportarena, HUNGARY

Wednesday 29 October Belgrade Arena SERBIA

Friday 31 October Prague 02 Arena CZECH REPUBLIC

Saturday 1 November Vienna Stadthalle AUSTRIA

Just saw this and thought you all might be interested to see it. Maybe this is an idea of what the cover art for the record will be.

f4e7c7857526e422a43d36e2aa06d4eb.jpg

Also I just read this on Queenzone. I imagine the US will get some dates, but it'll just be later.

"It should be noted that Gallileo on QOL has confirmed that QPR will be playing dates outside of Europe, but he is not in a position to reveal that information at this time.

I would imagine that the most likely places outside Europe would be Japan, North America and possibly some South American dates."

11-OCT-08 Glasgow, SECC

14-OCT-08 Cardiff, Arena

No luck for Australia then. :thumbdown:

Oh well, I didn't really expect us to get any dates. Hopefully some time in the future they decide to tour Australia. Until then, I will wait with baited breath.

Can't wait for the album though! :punk:

Just got the email through Queenonline. Guess there is a time delay for those of us in other places.

We can only live in hope that they will tour some other places later. But at least Dubai gets a mention!! Somewhere a bit out of the ordinary!

Lucky people in Europe and UK.

Hi guys! Random tit-bit of information that my dad found in yesterday's newspaper for me. It's from the back page where they put all the gossipy type news.... it was right new to an article about the girls of the Playboy Mansion:naughty:

So why were they called Queen?

QUEEN guitarist Brian May didn't know Freddie Mercury was gay. May noticed the late Marcury, who died from an AIDS-related illness in 1991, was "flmaboyant"but was too focused on his music to realise anything else.

Femalefirst.co.uk quotes May as saying: "It was only in the 80's that he started bringing men backstage who had that particular Adonis look. When I shared a room with him on tour in the early days I can assure you it was girls who generally stayed overnight. But he seemed to be what these days you would call metrosexual. He was into his hair, his clothes. He definitely led the way with regard to preening."

May also claims that Mercury was the shyest member of the band.

~Daily News

Hi guys! Random tit-bit of information that my dad found in yesterday's newspaper for me. It's from the back page where they put all the gossipy type news.... it was right new to an article about the girls of the Playboy Mansion:naughty:

So why were they called Queen?

QUEEN guitarist Brian May didn't know Freddie Mercury was gay. May noticed the late Marcury, who died from an AIDS-related illness in 1991, was "flmaboyant"but was too focused on his music to realise anything else.

Femalefirst.co.uk quotes May as saying: "It was only in the 80's that he started bringing men backstage who had that particular Adonis look. When I shared a room with him on tour in the early days I can assure you it was girls who generally stayed overnight. But he seemed to be what these days you would call metrosexual. He was into his hair, his clothes. He definitely led the way with regard to preening."

May also claims that Mercury was the shyest member of the band.

~Daily News

This is quoted from the March edition of the Q magazine. I read the whole interview and I can say this quote is correct. However, I have also read it somewhere that it was a phone interview and that the interviewer might have changed a bit what Brian said..

In any case, Brian was a bit naive, wasn't he?:wink2:

This is quoted from the March edition of the Q magazine. I read the whole interview and I can say this quote is correct. However, I have also read it somewhere that it was a phone interview and that the interviewer might have changed a bit what Brian said..

You just can't trust people can you!

Yes he was... that was my first thought too! Poor dear boy...:blush-anim-cl:

hahah yes, brian was a little bit naive :blush-anim-cl: , and if was a phone interview they maybe change something, not all I think :wink2: